Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Romo Out with Fractured Clavicle

I just read on bottom line that with surgery he could be back in 6-8 weeks :unsure: 6 weeks would be last game of regular season so cant drop him yet. But they will be out of playoffs more then likely so will probably sit him rest of season

as i type this, kitna is 4/10 for 17 yards.

this team--and this offense--is completely focked now. all your cowboy ff players just turned into shiat pumpkins.

No kidding. I may drop Witten now. He was already having a poor season, and this is going to kill his production.

I feel sorry for the Miles Austin owners.

I just read on bottom line that with surgery he could be back in 6-8 weeks :unsure: 6 weeks would be last game of regular season so cant drop him yet. But they will be out of playoffs more then likely so will probably sit him rest of season

Drop all Cowboys player.

Miles Austin's value just crashed like a cheap penny stock.

Well, I'm going to try trading some RB/WR depth for a decent surplus QB on another team (Orton, Eli Manning, or Matt Ryan). If I can't work a decent deal, I'll probably pick Stafford up off waivers.

I saw Romo laying there and offered a trade to the league's Romo owner.

He gets Schaub (I'm starting Ben R. from here on out) + J. Best and I get Tomlinson. Yeah, it's overpaying a little (he's 6-0 and I'm 1-5) but I like the Jets schedule and LaDainian is more consistent week to week. He was still thinking about it when news came of the broken clavicle + 8-10 weeks out possibly IR. I cancelled the trade and got to listen to him whine. I reoffered Schaub straight up for Tomlinson which he is denying right now but may reconsider once he sees the WW pickings.

Drop all Cowboys player.

Miles Austin's value just crashed like a cheap penny stock.

This is so true. Miles Austin and Roy Williams are borderline WR3 now. Kitna is awful. This is the first year I didn't draft a single Cowboy player in 4 pay leagues and tried like crazy to trade for Miles Austin but everyone wanted crazy asking prices.

I saw Romo laying there and offered a trade to the league's Romo owner.

He gets Schaub (I'm starting Ben R. from here on out) + J. Best and I get Tomlinson. Yeah, it's overpaying a little (he's 6-0 and I'm 1-5) but I like the Jets schedule and LaDainian is more consistent week to week. He was still thinking

about it when news came of the broken clavicle + 8-10 weeks out possibly IR. I cancelled the trade and got to listen to him whine. I reoffered Schaub straight up for Tomlinson which he is denying right now but may reconsider once he sees the WW pickings.

The pullback was a diick move. But it's funny so fock him.

Only risk for you is someone else offering him a QB. Then you lose out on LT for a backup. Lol.

Yeah, he had one great year in Detroit. Then he imploded. He's sucked ever since, and he's really sucking tonight. Feel free to start Kitna yourself, but I'm looking for another option.

He had two good years in Detroit and hasn't really played much since. :unsure:

He did manage to put up a couple garbage time TDs. I don't think I'd be selling Cowboys players just yet. :unsure:

Well atleast that game Kitna looked for Witten 90% of time with the other 10% going to Dez Bryant <_<

He had two good years in Detroit and hasn't really played much since. :unsure:

Okay, I guess '07 was a decent year. '06 was his breakout year, then I drafted him in '07, when he was a little less effective. Only ever felt like a low-end QB1 though. And that was 3-4 years ago. Now he's 38. He could be okay, but I don't want him on my roster.

Well my Romo replacement thread vanished ;) Well maybe just maybe Kitna may be an option? I gonna claim Stafford though for now and may put Kitna on my bench if i drop Romo

He did manage to put up a couple garbage time TDs. I don't think I'd be selling Cowboys players just yet. :unsure:

I'll probably just hang onto Miles Austin and Dez Bryant, but if I was a Romo owner I wouldn't add Kitna, I'd either play another QB on my roster, pick up Fitzpatrick (if available) or make a trade for a quality QB.

As a Romo and Miles Austin owner without a single back-up QB on my roster, my season is officially over. Good luck to all of you. See you next year. :dunno:

I'll probably just hang onto Miles Austin and Dez Bryant, but if I was a Romo owner I wouldn't add Kitna, I'd either play another QB on my roster, pick up Fitzpatrick (if available) or make a trade for a quality QB.

Man, I know Kitna's had a bad track record and I'm not advocating picking him up. Maybe he's just what these offensive players need as they are stacked with talent. You can't doubt he seems to play with more fire than Romo. Romo may have the better talent but he's kind of passive. Kitna is pretty tough.

Good luck Cowboy owners.. :cheers:

Okay, I guess '07 was a decent year. '06 was his breakout year, then I drafted him in '07, when he was a little less effective. Only ever felt like a low-end QB1 though. And that was 3-4 years ago. Now he's 38. He could be okay, but I don't want him on my roster.

I don't blame you. I was just pointing out he had 2 decent seasons in Detroit for all those in desperation mode. I am kinda focked too now with him out in a league. I am going to grab someone else other than Kitna though.

Man, I know Kitna's had a bad track record and I'm not advocating picking him up. Maybe he's just what these offensive players need as they are stacked with talent. You can't doubt he seems to play with more fire than Romo. Romo may have the better talent but he's kind of passive. Kitna is pretty tough.

Good luck Cowboy owners.. :cheers:

Good points. Very true. Ditto good luck to Cowboys owners. :cheers:

Jason Campbell or Jon Kitna?

those are the only 2 starting QBs in my league's WW :wall:

Tarvaris Jackson maybe?

Stephen McGee :ninja:

I don't know how seriously the cowboys take this cat, but if JJ has any brain at all, he'll plug this guy in not Kitna. THe season is all but over, and even if it wasn't Kitna is not going to win you games. They have no running game to speak of, the whole thing is a mess. STart the youngin, take your lumps, walk away with a high draft pick and pick the pieces up next year.

Couldn't happen to a better team/owner!

I feel sorry for those of you putting stock in Kitna. He looked TERRIBLE in camp, TERRIBLE in preseason. He's getting too old. He can't make good throws anymore. I fully expect the Cowboys to look into their 3rd string and see what McGhee will have for them in the future. The season is lost, so use in rolling Kitna out there for the rest of the season for nothing when they got young talent they can get in there and see what he has. The Cowboys really like McGee, what better time than now to get him in some real game action?

I lost Clark last week and Romo this week...this sucks! I just traded Percy Harvin for Eli and Owen Daniels this morning, now I just have to pick up Fitzpatrick or Kitna to get me through Eli's bye week.

No kidding. I may drop Witten now. He was already having a poor season, and this is going to kill his production.

Completely incorrect. Kitna's problem his whole career is downfield inaccuracy. Where Kitna does well is in the medium/short range over the middle passes. Kitna will enhance Witten's performance because he is so limited long range that he will go to Witten as a safety valve far more than Romo would have. The people who are screwed are Miles Austin owners. Witten owners should be fine and actually benefit from having Kitna out there.

Call me crazy but as a Witten owner I think this is a good thing.

not crazy. You are correct. See post above.

Well atleast that game Kitna looked for Witten 90% of time with the other 10% going to Dez Bryant <_<

Everyone needs to consider that Kitna hasn't played with the first team. Give him a week with the first team and he'll be fine. He's got a pretty good arm and isn't afraid to toss it down the field (to his or the other team). If anything he's a better leader than Tony Romo's dumb arse.

I wouldn't sell on Cowboy WR's personally.

As a Romo and Miles Austin owner without a single back-up QB on my roster, my season is officially over. Good luck to all of you. See you next year. :dunno:

Dont pack it in yet :thumbsup: I too have no back-up QB and just traded for Austin :( But im claiming Stafford and i think my team is good enough to win if i can get just 15-18 pts a week from my QB.

lulz @ people thinking Kitna is going to put up numbers. If he plays for 3 weeks I'd be surprised. Their season is over, getting an old career backup qb in there is not the move. The youngin will be in by week 10...