Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

The Official New England Patriots are the Greatest Team in the NFL and You Can Whine Ab

Eagles>>>>>>>>>Cleveland. And we all saw how the Patsies fared against the Browns. :music_guitarred:

well see how they do against the best of the nfc this week

Pfft, the hell with the Beagles. They better worry about Jon Kitna and the Boys this Sunday - Red Jesus can't be stopped. :D

Belichick's genuis as a coach was evident on Monday night.

But his genuis as GM is also evident:

Last year on draft day he traded his third round pick for the 2011 2nd round pick of the Carolina Panthers. That may very well end up being the1st pick of the second round. Practically a first round pick.

This year he traded Moss, who was later released by the Vikings for a third rounder.

He traded Laurence Maroney, who is healthy but no longer even dresses for Denver, and New England's 6th round pick for Denver's 4th round pick. Considering Denver has one of the worst records in the league (3-9) and the Pats have one of the best records (11-2), thats a pretty big difference in picks for a guy who will likely be out of football next year.

He signed Woodhead during the season after trading Maroney.

Woodhead rushing yards: 355

Maroney Rushing yards for Denver: 74

Woodhead receiving yards: 334

Moss receiving yards with Vikes and Titans: 236

Maroney receiving yards with Denver: 50

Moss and Maroney combined receiving yards: 286

Woodhead touchdowns: 4

Moss and Maroney combined touchdowns:2

The Pats have 2 picks in each of the first three rounds of the 2011 draft and the youngest defense in the NFL.

It will be a sad day in New England when Belichick retires, hopefully no time soon.

and Josh McDaniels traded Peyton Hillis for Brady Quinn :blink: :wacko: :banana: :lol:

Last year on draft day he traded his third round pick for the 2011 2nd round pick of the Carolina Panthers. That may very well end up being the1st pick of the second round. Practically a first round pick.

This year he traded Moss, who was later released by the Vikings for a third rounder.

He traded Laurence Maroney, who is healthy but no longer even dresses for Denver, and New England's 6th round pick for Denver's 4th round pick. Considering Denver has one of the worst records in the league (3-9) and the Pats have one of the best records (11-2), thats a pretty big difference in picks for a guy who will likely be out of football next year.

The Pats have 2 picks in each of the first three rounds of the 2011 draft and the youngest defense in the NFL.

It will be a sad day in New England when Belichick retires, hopefully no time soon.

Great post! :pointstosky:

:cheers: Well said, brother.

Fvcking Jets are littered with a bunch of loud mouth, washed up, dbags. Also...Mark Sanchez is a cunthead

Brady is great but he's not the best QB in the NFL anymore.

The Pats aren't better than the Colts, Ravens, Jets or Steelers, which makes them pretty much an average playoff team in the AFC.

They don't have enough weapons on offense and the D is just mediocre. Too many holes for great quarterbacking and cocahing to overcome.

:lol:

they beat the 2md, 3rd, 4th and 5th rated defenses the last 4 weeks, averaging over 30 PPG

I don't know why they got rid of Moss, how will they open the field for Welker/Branch now? :dunno:

they beat the 2md, 3rd, 4th and 5th rated defenses the last 4 weeks, averaging over 30 PPG

I don't know why they got rid of Moss, how will they open the field for Welker/Branch now? :dunno:

edjr...that dead horse has been beaten enough.

The Patriots are back. Two excellent drafts in a row and two 1s, two 2s (including Carolina's), and two 3s next year. They are young, but have a very real chance of winning this year and are in prime position to capitalize on Brady's remaining prime years.

Yeah, but he does a damn good job beatin' the crap outta folks with it don't he!

Yes but it gets old. Moss has been with 8 teams in the last 7 weeks.

Yes but it gets old. Moss has been with 8 teams in the last 7 weeks.

I know.............

but I still get a chuckle.......

better than being in Swamp's shoes............ :pointstosky:

Think it's pretty clear who the best team in football is. It's the Pat's to lose, which they can - as we've seen before. Think it will come down to them or Pitt in what should be a pretty damn good AFC Championship game.

9 Nov 07 NE @ CLE Loss

10 Nov 14 NE @ PIT Loss

11 Nov 21 IND @ NE Loss

12 Nov 25 NE @ DET Loss

13 Dec 06 NYJ @ NE Loss

14 Dec 12 NE @ CHI Win... but maybe a loss... the Bears are known to get lucky sometimes

15 Dec 19 GB @ NE Huge loss

16 Dec 26 NE @ BUF Loss

17 Jan 02 MIA @ NE Win

3-6/2-7 sounds about right :pointstosky:

This was funny

the type of game they needed last night.

Now belichick has the fuel to keep motivating them through the last 2 weeks and into the bye week.

It's crazy how Qb's that haven't played much have torched the patriots over the past couple of seasons.

the type of game they needed last night.

Now belichick has the fuel to keep motivating them through the last 2 weeks and into the bye week.

It's crazy how Qb's that haven't played much have torched the patriots over the past couple of seasons.

Yeah... you can sell it like that, I guess... :dunno:

[You gotta sell it some way, right??]

I saw a MASH unit of a Packer team going into a hostile place with a QB that barely knows anything about quarterbacking completely manhandle that NE squad.

Driver: "That team is decent, not great."

Pretty much sums it up :thumbsup:

Do you really need "fuel" to keep you going as a professional team going through its all-important stretch run? Were they really out of "fuel"? Do they really need motivation? That's why the Packers manhandled them in their own crib?....they just simply lacked "motivation" to not get manhandled in front of their home fans by a quarterback who barely knows 6 plays at this stage in his career?

Because that 350 pound linemen looked very motivated...Perhaps he found some emergency supply of "fuel"? :doublethumbsup:

You are always going to have to entertain the possibility (I know this is crazy) that the Pats are just not that good.... :cheers: :dunno:

You are always going to have to entertain the possibility (I know this is crazy) that the Pats are just not that good....

I really shouldn't even qualify this post with a response but I will.

Bill Parcells "you are what your record says you are"

How many teams "not that good" in NFL history have started the season 12 and 2?

How many teams "not that good" in NFL history have started the season 12 and 2?

poor phrasing...

should have said:

"as good as you Pats fans seem to think they are"

Feel free to address the meat and potatoes of the post now.... "They lacked the fuel and motivation" excuse that I addressed....

TIA!

I don't believe - position for position - that the Patriots are as good as perhaps 5 or 6 teams in the NFL.

But they're better than any of them. That's because Belicheck gets more out of his players than any other coach in the league, and I don't think it is close. I think he is the best to ever coach in the NFL; and he's close to Bill Polian level regarding GM skills as well. The Patriots will always contend with Belicheck.

That said: Green Bay is every bit their match because of superior skill position players (Mangum and Brady the only notable exceptions). Green Bay lost that game for the same reason we keep losing close games: coaching. I don't believe anymore that McCarthy is capable of taking a team which encounters the realities of an NFL season to the SuperBowl. The focking tub is 5-16 in games decided by 4 points or less! :mad:

I do think he can take a team which magically avoids the injury and morale bug to the SuperBowl, however - but that means this comes down to luck as much as anything else, and I'm not comfortable with that.

There is no focking way that Flynn should have been sent out on 3rd down with 50 seconds left with only one play, and that appears to be what happened. That's all coaching; that's all choke on McCarthy's part right there. I believe McCarthy has a coaching style where his tension bleeds throughout his team. He is no cool customer in the same manner as is Belicheck. It isn't even a fair fight to compare them.

And in this day and age of parity, coaching is becoming the critical determinant. In order for McCarthy to succeed, he needs to jettison his ST coach (Slocum sucks a$$); he needs to mature; he needs to trust his players more, and he needs to stop calling offensive plays with a defensive fear. He hasn't done any of that yet.

I think Flynn is a top-notch QB in the making. That was evident to me yesterday. It appears as though Green Bay did it again. They had Favre, with Rodgers in the wings, and now they have Rodgers, with Flynn in the wings. Let's hope they don't use Flynn quickly, and/or trade him for some serious value down the road.

eagles would torch that def for 107 points :pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

maybe even 110, with a field goal as time expires.

The Patriots only play bad against sh1tty teams.. aka Browns and Peckers

maybe even 110, with a field goal as time expires.

The Patriots only play bad against sh1tty teams.. aka Browns and Peckers

Yup they seem to play down to the oppenents level....green bay is an ok team with a pretty good defense....for whatever reason the pats play much better against the elite teams. Green Bay certainly isnt one of those....i would say they are maybe the 8 or 9 best team in the nfc

The Packers completely dominated and manhandled us in front of our home crowd. I hope to never see that team again. Brady almost cried when he got smacked by Bishop and then I almost cried... I wish I had his hairplugs... Those look fabulous.

If the Packers had Rodgers instead of Flynn, that game is a serious blowout. Thank God, the Packers had a player who knew all of six plays making his first ever start in the NFL.... Heck, if Flynn gets a few more starts under his belt he will whip the Patroits. The defense is just that bad and that offense was mediocre against essentially the Packers' 2nd string defense..

My team is just not that good.

That fat lineman is my idol, because he's slightly less fat than me...

Sounds good. Thanks, Drob. :cheers:

Green Bay lost that game for the same reason we keep losing close games: coaching.

Capers did an excellent coaching job... A back-up to a back-up starting at OLB. No Jenkins. No Collins.. They frustrated the heck out of Brady who had just been tearing up the league. Should have had a pic-6 and another pic easy.... Excellent coaching there all night.

A+

I thought, offensively, the coaching was great. The game plan was good. A QB who hardly knows how to read a defense going into a hostile environment where nobody ever wins and they went and up and down the field all day and all night long... Mixing and running the ball well... Excellent coaching...

Considering the cirmumstances.... A-

OK. Flynn couldn't run a 2-minute drill. Is that really coaching? Do you know how long that takes to perfect? If the Packers would have practiced a 2-minute drill all week and then sucked at everything else, you would be happy?

I think some slack needs to be cut.

Bellichek is the genius here. And he let a guy who knows all of 6 plays in his first start go up and down the field in front of his superloud home crowd... He didn't make adjustments on offense when it was clear that NE wasn't moving the ball consistently...

Why does he get a pass?

Coaching did not lose that game... Special teams play and Flynn did...

I'm willing to cut the latter some slack; but not the former.....

Overall, I thought the coaching was good considering the circumstances and who was QBing

:cheers:

:unsure: Mebbe it's cause there's NO TAPE on them? :unsure:

This was a classic let down game for the Patriots. The greatness of the team is that they won a let down game where most teams would have lost it. The fact is that this loss would not have hurt the Patriots that much. A non conference game. They had a two game lead over everybody in the AFC and they hold all the tiebreakers over everybody but the Jets. They just needed to win one of the two remaining division games left to clinch over NY.

Bellichek is the genius here. And he let a guy who knows all of 6 plays in his first start go up and down the field in front of his superloud home crowd...

So Matt Flynn after THREE YEARS in the GB system knows six plays?

You're not helping your argument for the GB coaching staff much here. :doh:

So Matt Flynn after THREE YEARS in the GB system knows six plays?

You're not helping your argument for the GB coaching staff much here. :doh:

Maybe 7 :dunno:

Doesn't change my point....

Belicheck = genius

Flynn = never played before... doesn't know how to read a defense, call the right audibles (if he could even hear them), run a 2-minute drill, doesn't know his WRs tendencies, has no rapport...

Flynn goes up and down the field on NE all day on their home field...

But McCarthy is the bad coach :dunno:

Belicheck still a genius :dunno:

:unsure: Mebbe it's cause there's NO TAPE on them? :unsure:

That is precisely the reason.

Every team has tape on Qbs that play all the time, Matt Flynn had only played very sparringly. Much harder to game plan against someone you have never seen before.

Maybe 7 :dunno:

Doesn't change my point....

Belicheck = genius

Flynn = never played before... doesn't know how to read a defense, call the right audibles (if he could even hear them), run a 2-minute drill, doesn't know his WRs tendencies, has no rapport...

Flynn goes up and down the field on NE all day on their home field...

But McCarthy is the bad coach :dunno:

Belicheck still a genius :dunno:

So now your QB who has been in the system for three years doesn't know how to read a defense, call an audible, or know the receivers' tendencies? What the fock does he do all day, wax McCarthy's car? :lol:

Peckers fans are the most insecure fans on all of FFT.

So now your QB has been in the system for three years doesn't know how to read a defense, call an audible, or know the receivers' tendencies? What the fock does he do all day, wax McCarthy's car? :lol:

He's never played.... The only way you can really learn how to read defenses, develop a rapport with your WRs, and be a good NFL quarterback is by playing, making some mistakes (hopefully not too many) and getting better each week...

Yes, you can study film. but you need to play... Are you being purposely obtuse?

Do you think this is as good as it gets for Flynn? That playing in real live games with real live NFL players won't -- over time -- make him a better QB?

Did you see him running the 2-min drill?

Watching Elway do a 2 minute drill on TV and doing it yourself when you can't hear anything are two different animals....

Are you being purposely obtuse?

Of course I am. You think I'm going to try to have a actual debate with you where the Pats or Packers are concerned do you? :lol:

He's never played.... The only way you can really learn how to read defenses, develop a rapport with your WRs, and be a good NFL quarterback is by playing, making some mistakes (hopefully not too many) and getting better each week...

Yes, you can study film. but you need to play... Are you being purposely obtuse?

Do you think this is as good as it gets for Flynn? That playing in real live games with real live NFL players won't -- over time -- make him a better QB?

Did you see him running the 2-min drill?

Watching Elway do a 2 minute drill on TV and doing it yourself when you can't hear anything are two different animals....

I blame McCarthy because he should have known the lack of Flynn's seasoning, and have two plays pre-called on that 3rd down: the last play having two options: one if 1st down is achieved (immediately go to the line and down the ball), and one if it isn't (a set play to get one yard - like a QB sneak - and then down the ball). He didn't prepare Flynn. The 2 minute drill doesn't take into account every scenario; this doesn't fall on Flynn being unable to run a 2 minute drill (I think he did - as evidenced by the fact that they went down the field).

Man was it cold at the game... Thankfully the idiot masses didn't rush Davio's bar and I got some warm imbibing done before the game. GB had great gameplanning. My critique of the jets was that they didn't dink and dunk against us effectively and left Sanchez out to dry. Flynn was given plenty of safety outlets and made good use of them. That Kuhn guy seems like a Peyton Hillis type that is very tough to bring down.

Ultimately they stalled in some key drives late that cost them, and made some foolish special teams mistakes. Pats played mistake free ball and benefitted from opponents miscues and took advantage.

Our defensive line looked a bit suspect against the run there at times. Pass rush was decent.