Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

The Official New England Patriots are the Greatest Team in the NFL and You Can Whine Ab

I blame McCarthy because he should have known the lack of Flynn's seasoning, and have two plays pre-called on that 3rd down: the last play having two options: one if 1st down is achieved (immediately go to the line and down the ball), and one if it isn't (a set play to get one yard - like a QB sneak - and then down the ball). He didn't prepare Flynn. The 2 minute drill doesn't take into account every scenario; this doesn't fall on Flynn being unable to run a 2 minute drill (I think he did - as evidenced by the fact that they went down the field).

Do you think McCarthy even thought he was going to be in a 2-minute drill for this game? :lol:

Point is taken here... but overall... I think the Packer coaching was good considering who was QBing and what they were going up against... :cheers:

Of course I am. You think I'm going to try to have a actual debate with you where the Pats or Packers are concerned. :lol:

Truth be told ... I think the Pats and the Packers are alike in a lot of ways...

'cept the Pats win <_<

Man was it cold at the game... Thankfully the idiot masses didn't rush Davio's bar and I got some warm imbibing done before the game. GB had great gameplanning. My critique of the jets was that they didn't dink and dunk against us effectively and left Sanchez out to dry. Flynn was given plenty of safety outlets and made good use of them. That Kuhn guy seems like a Peyton Hillis type that is very tough to bring down.

Ultimately they stalled in some key drives late that cost them, and made some foolish special teams mistakes. Pats played mistake free ball and benefitted from opponents miscues and took advantage.

Our defensive line looked a bit suspect against the run there at times. Pass rush was decent.

Good analysis - though Brady got lucky on not one - but two - INT plays. Either one happens, and the PATS lose anyway.

:mad:

Wasn't this about the time they started showing cracks and barely pulling out games in 2007? I've seen this 'greatest team' story. I know how it ends.

Wasn't this about the time they started showing cracks and barely pulling out games in 2007? I've seen this 'greatest team' story. I know how it ends.

Nah this is more like the 04 season, pretty sure you know how that story ends

Nah this is more like the 04 season, pretty sure you know how that story ends

That was before the league made them stop cheating. That one doesn't count. *

That was before the league made them stop cheating. That one doesn't count. *

If that's your tool for getting over it I say hey, if you need the help you get it.....

Our defensive line looked a bit suspect against the run there at times. Pass rush was decent.

The run defense is my concern going into the playoffs. I'd hate to see a team run all over us like the Ravens did last year. :(

A "w" is a "w". These games are frustrating because you know that there is a problem with let-down games at this point in the season. However, it is also eerily similar to what happened in 2003-2005, when they would win close games, with no style and you could not figure out how they won that many games.

I am sure that Packers fans can be happy with how their team played. It was a great effort that will help keep them warm when they watch the playoffs without the Pack in it.

The run defense is my concern going into the playoffs. I'd hate to see a team run all over us like the Ravens did last year. :(

The defensive line used to be their strong suit. With Warren on the DL and the team missing Pryor, Brace, and Wright for this game, I would expect a team to be able to run on them. Let's see who is in there come playoff time, because I don't know that UFL graduates are going to get it done for us along the DL.

The Patriots are the 4th best team in their division. I'd take Buffalo in a Pick 'em over New England right now. Of course Miami is better, and the Jets would beat New England 9 out of 10 matchups.

The Seahawks are the 4th best team in their division. I'd take San Fran in a Pick 'em over Seattle right now. Of course St. Louis is better, and the Cardinals would beat those crappy Seahags 9 out of 10 matchups.

Take it to the Seahawks thread!

The Patriots are the 4th best team in their division. I'd take Buffalo in a Pick 'em over New England right now. Of course Miami is better, and the Jets would beat New England 9 out of 10 matchups.

I'd be bitter too if I lived in the city of queers and its most famous and accomplished sports hero was a fictional character.

As a Steeler fan I do not like the Pats, but it is hard to deny that they stand alone as the best team in football right now. My hope is the Steelers hold on to the #2 seed and Balt goes into NE and somehow beats them. I do not look forward to playing the Ravens again but NE is just plain good right now. I am no fan of Brady or Bill. The only way I would root for them in the Superbowl is if they played Philly (Vick).

Take it to the Seahawks thread!

The thread is getting stale. After giving a verbal beating to all comers the last few years, nobody wants to feud with us anymore. We've become the crazy aunt on the Mange Bored that everybody is now ignoring at the family functions.

A "w" is a "w". These games are frustrating because you know that there is a problem with let-down games at this point in the season.

Every team has those games. What Philly did this week was amazing but a few plays differently and they go down too. The important thing for both is that they won, unlike my Steelers who gave up a focking safety with 2:00 to go and down by 3.

Every team has those games. What Philluy did this week was amazing but a few plays differently and they go down too. The important thing for both is that they won, unlike my Steelers who gave up a focking safety with 2:00 to go and down by 3.

Tomlin is a terrible coach

Every team has those games. What Philly did this week was amazing but a few plays differently and they go down too. The important thing for both is that they won, unlike my Steelers who gave up a focking safety with 2:00 to go and down by 3.

Yet, the Steelers still had a chance at it at the end. That safety hurt a lot.

Tomlin is a terrible coach

I bet if he learned how to cheat, he'd suddenly become a genius.

I'd be bitter too if I lived in the city of queers and its most famous and accomplished sports hero was a fictional character.

:lol: a fan of a team from massachusetts calling us queers?

roy halladay isn't real? :o

I bet if he learned how to cheat, he'd suddenly become a genius.

Did a search last night to find out of they took away the 04 championship, couldn't find anything.

Can you post the link please ?

Did a search last night to find out of they took away the 04 championship, couldn't find anything.

The Patriots were cheating so bad they made poor Donovan throw up in the huddle. :thumbsdown:

They haven't taken away Barry Bonds' home run record either, but no one really thinks it's legit. And no one questions whether or not he'd hold it if he hadn't cheated.

They haven't taken away Barry Bonds' home run record either, but no one really thinks it's legit. And no one questions whether or not he'd hold it if he hadn't cheated.

ill take that as a NO

The thread is getting stale. After giving a verbal beating to all comers the last few years, nobody wants to feud with us anymore. We've become the crazy aunt on the Mange Bored that everybody is now ignoring at the family functions.

become?

Thank you, well see how both halls of fame look back at it.

:cheers:

Brady/Belichick/Patriots ZERO rings since the cheating was discovered. Coincidence? I think not.

Brady/Belichick/Patriots ZERO rings since the cheating was discovered. Coincidence? I think not.

hey same amount as philly .....except with the greatest record obliterating regular season in the history of sports.....

hey same amount as philly .....except with the greatest record obliterating regular season in the history of sports.....

:lol:

How'd that end up? Losing to a wild card. Biggest choke job in sports history.

How'd that end up? Losing to a wild card. Biggest choke job in sports history.

Nope yankees own that title forever

I just can't bring myself to say BYE to this thread.

if they lose, it will be bumped 4 u

atlanta 27

New england 24

book it

atlanta 27

New england 24

book it

No problem, ill bump it then too.

atlanta 27

New england 24

book it

Not only will the Patriots win the Superbowl, but they'll win it in double digits. Feel free to book that comment. :clap:

Not only will the Patriots win the Superbowl, but they'll win it in double digits. Feel free to book that comment. :clap:

bookered :banana:

No, unfortunately, the Bruins took the title from the Yanks last year. :(

No way, it can never be topped. The bruins are expected to fail

No, unfortunately, the Bruins took the title from the Yanks last year. :(

That choke job by the Bruins really sucked. Not because I like the Bruins but I really wanted a Bruins-Habs series for the Eastern Conference. Montreal did their part knocking out both Washington and Pittsburgh.