Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

Brandon Marshall actually improves with the QB

Ok.....I started a thread last week saying Brandon Bust Marshall would improve with Chad Chinadoll Pennington. Well we never got to see what happened due to Penningtons injury on the first play.

Most likely this is me being an owner of Marshall but something tells me with Thigpens scrambling ability he targets Marshall ALOT and leans on his best wr. Marshall is simply too talented to continue on the 4 catch 46yd avg he has had over the last 4 games.

I have watched this guy like all of you and its simply not making sense that he is not producing. I feel that the playbook will be simplified and Marshall ends up with avg 7 catches for around 95yds and 4-6 tds over the final 7 games.

Call it a hunch or whatever you want but this guy is a BEAST period and is too good to continue the current pace. Something has to give and Henne not playing will help.

Primetime thursday game too. I think 7-110 and a td is not out of the ?

Starting with confidence......well maybe not but starting him hoping he breaks out. :thumbsup:

Ready to be crushed by the haters.....which is justified. Cornkobb :banana:

I hope your correct as a Marshall owner, BUT I will not start him until he actually shows some signs of life. You can say he is a BEAST all you like, but he has been a pile of dog crap as a fantasy player this season. His talents are undeniable, but Miami has been death to his stats. I will gladly see him blow-up on my bench, rather than stick him in and give me 3 pts. I have already talked myself into playing him too many times this season. NO MORE.

I doubt it. Thigpen like any new qb getting the starting nod, relied on his TE not Marshall. Maybe playing on a nationally televised game will give Marshall some extra motivation to perform but the Bears secondary is much improved and will most likely play cover 2. I can see Marshall having some good games but I don't think his stock rises with a new qb.

adding to the madness of this thread i created profootballtalk.com lists Marshall probable with a hammy issue. :wall: :mad: :wall:

Tyler thigpen in 2006 started 14 games with the Chiefs. That season Tony G had 95 catches and Dwayne Bowe had 75 catches. I'd say Fasano's value goes up, but Marshall's will stay the same. He might have a better chance to get a td on a broken play, but it's still the run run dolphins.

Tyler thigpen in 2006 started 14 games with the Chiefs. That season Tony G had 95 catches and Dwayne Bowe had 75 catches. I'd say Fasano's value goes up, but Marshall's will stay the same. He might have a better chance to get a td on a broken play, but it's still the run run dolphins.

That's quality analysis right there...especially since that was Bowe's rookie season and it's really fair to judge a QB by a WR's rookie season numbers. I should also take this opportunity to point out that it was Thigpen's rookie season as well, and rookie QB's are NEVER very dependent on their TE safety valve, right?

I'll go on record right now as saying Thigpen is the best #3 QB in the league. In fact, there are several teams that I would venture to say that Thigpen is better than their starter. The knock on Thigpen is his size and the fact he has very little time in a "traditional" pro-set offense. But the kid has talent and as long as he stays upright he'll prove it. All Miami's receivers will see an uptick...

:lol:

I am starting both of them. What a hookup that'll be :overhead:

adding to the madness of this thread i created profootballtalk.com lists Marshall probable

Last time someone didn't play that was "probable"

Last time someone didn't play that was "probable"

true....just hope he doesnt come up lame tonite.

That's quality analysis right there...especially since that was Bowe's rookie season and it's really fair to judge a QB by a WR's rookie season numbers. I should also take this opportunity to point out that it was Thigpen's rookie season as well, and rookie QB's are NEVER very dependent on their TE safety valve, right?

I'll go on record right now as saying Thigpen is the best #3 QB in the league. In fact, there are several teams that I would venture to say that Thigpen is better than their starter. The knock on Thigpen is his size and the fact he has very little time in a "traditional" pro-set offense. But the kid has talent and as long as he stays upright he'll prove it. All Miami's receivers will see an uptick...

Oh...so it wasn't quality analysis? :dunno:

The tight end isn't just a safety valve for rookie qbs, but young qbs in general. I used those stats to illustrate that Thigpen is a servicable quarterback, and is more than capable of getting the ball to playmakers. That being said, Thigpen has one season of starts under his belt, and hasn't played since so to assume this guy is going to come in, and immediately improve is foolish. The only evidence we have of thigpen's ability is that season, and since he hasn't played since then it's not a big stretch to assume he continues what he has done...When thigpen came in last week, fasano caught 4 balls and a td. Not quality analysis, but at least it was thought out.

Oh...so it wasn't quality analysis? :dunno:

assuming that what happened 3 yrs ago when both were rookies and that it will play out the same way again isn't the way to go. extrapolating that Marshall won't benefit and Fasano will because Thigpen, as a rookie, preferred a Hall of Fame tight end Tony Gonzalez is completely missing the boat.

ok....TIME to take accomplishment of this thread and say i sukkkkkkkk. oh well. I believed in the talent and thought he might pull hemself out of pure suck.

but no.................he is now officially in the deangelo williams area now of BUST. early 3rd rounder....dang. i give up............ :banana:

I think we can safely file Marshall under the EXTREME BUST category and be done with it. Hes got like ONE TD and hasnt had a truly great game yet this year. What a focking tard.

ok....TIME to take accomplishment of this thread

Marshall still has big time talent. He did have 3-41 when he got hurt - in the 2 minute drill in the 2nd qtr - he probably would have finished with 7 or 8 for 80-100. Its easy to say you were right when the guy got hurt.

Marshall still has big time talent. He did have 3-41 when he got hurt - in the 2 minute drill in the 2nd qtr - he probably would have finished with 7 or 8 for 80-100. Its easy to say you were right when the guy got hurt.

he DID have 3-41 when he got hurt, this is correct. but, at that time, he SHOULD have had like 5-70 by then. he had 2 terrible drops that were momentum killers for his team - and at a time they were clearly trying to give him a chance to carry the team. instead of marshall heading towards a huge game it was the dolphins punting again and then again and heading towards the lopsided defeat. marshall had a huge hand (or 2 stone hands) in the lack of momentum that led to that result

And don't forget 2 big penalties against him, to boot.

And don't forget 2 big penalties against him, to boot.

yep - instead of coming away from last night's game as a premier player in the nfl he came away appearing as a bit of a buffoon.

last night did NOT help his future value

Jg right on the money as usual :rolleyes: :lol:

Just wanted to point out how incredibly silly it is to me that you are trying to make a political statement with your sig on a fantasy football forum. And I too despise Obama. But....C'mon man! :doh:

Just wanted to point out how incredibly silly it is to me that you are trying to make a political statement with your sig on a fantasy football forum. And I too despise Obama. But....C'mon man! :doh:

you're pretty much trying to talk a tampon out of giving up it's string...not gonna happen.

Jg right on the money as usual :rolleyes: :lol:

this from the guy who ever fockin year says "It's an EXCITING time to be a Seahawks fan!" :rolleyes:

yeah, all QB's do so well when they come in as 3rd string against a top ranked defense AND lose their top WR. Whitehurst really burned it up too, right? I'll stand by what I said for more than just one game. Thigpen will do alright.

:wave:

this from the guy who ever fockin year says "It's an EXCITING time to be a Seahawks fan!" :rolleyes:

yeah, all QB's do so well when they come in as 3rd string against a top ranked defense AND lose their top WR. Whitehurst really burned it up too, right? I'll stand by what I said for more than just one game. Thigpen will do alright.

:wave:

Bump up those Dolphin WRs, JG said so :lol: