Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

It's an EXCITING Time to be a Seahawks Fan

Thanks for proving my point that he was escaping pressure. Fumbles do not just happen. They happen when you hit the QB a lot of times and pressure him all game, including the play in question. Ryan saw Peppers coming at him clean and he had to turn....lost control of the ball while trying to do that. That is not luck. You need a player who can cause that to happen.

Great...so you admit you were full of shiot when you said "The fumbled return for a TD happened because Julius Peppers (a HOF DE) sacked Ryan causing the fumble."

Thanks.

Just as I thought.

And yes...its luck that Matt Ryan would use the hand with the ball in it to try and brace himself on the ground and it pops out pretty much right to Urlacher.

Will you Packer and Bear homos get the fock out of here!

Face it...its the only thing exciting about this thread.

And God was angry with Sweetness_34 and he smited Mama Urlacher until she dropped dead of AIDS this week. She is now getting the 'ole high hard one from Walter Payton as they burn in the circle of Hell reserved for Bears fans and whoever is responsible for creating Glee.

Seahawks' safeties forces to be reckoned with

Seahawks: Young safeties Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor are friends who bring speed and concussive hits to Seattle’s secondary

DAVE BOLING; Staff writer

Last updated: September 15th, 2011 03:12 AM (PDT)

RENTON – The “Thunder and Lightning” nickname for Seahawks safeties Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor is catchy but has a flaw.

Which player is which?

If we’re attaching atmospheric phenomena to football attributes, the lightning probably implies speed, and thunder refers to concussive hits. These guys have both; Thomas hits extraordinarily hard for a fast guy, and Chancellor is uncommonly fast for a big hitter.

“Whatever people want to say, that’s fine ... as long as we win,” Thomas said Wednesday.

It might be better to skip the nickname entirely and simply point out that they’re the youngest starting-safety tandem in the NFL (Chancellor at 23 and Thomas 22), and their potential is enormous – as witnessed by their 17 combined tackles in the season-opening loss at San Francisco.

Sometimes when safeties have big statistics in a loss, it’s an indictment of the effort of the front seven. But of their stops, four were tackles for losses or no gains, another six were for 5 or fewer yards, and only one was a big gainer (26 yards).

“They are a special pair,” said Seattle secondary coach Kris Richard. “You can tell how committed they are; they love playing ball and playing it the right way. To be so young and be so far ahead of the game is remarkable.”

This was expected of Thomas, the 14th overall pick of the 2010 draft, but Chancellor was a fifth-rounder that year out of Virginia Tech. Thomas was a big-play Texas Longhorn who ran the 40 in the 4.3s, while Chancellor was bigger than some Seahawks linebackers at 6-foot-3, 232 pounds.

If the two are developing an almost telepathic connection on the field at times now, it’s an outgrowth of their off-the-field friendship. “Ever since we got here, Kam and I have been the best of friends; he’s been my roommate since day one,” Thomas said. “We work out in the summer together, so the chemistry has been there from the start.”

In the offseason, they get together for extra work and also head to a fitness center and terrorize locals who show up for some pick-up basketball action.

“It was just something that clicked,” Chancellor said of their friendship.

Both of them believe the closeness transfers to the football field.

“We knew we have each other’s back and we can play off each other,” Chancellor said. “We study so much together, I know if he’s going to jump a route, then I’ve got him over the top. And if I’m wrong sometime, I can handle him yelling at me about it, and if he’s wrong, he can handle me yelling.”

So, the two are enablers – especially when it comes to delivering big hits. Thomas got that started on Sunday when he tackled 49ers’ 250-pound tight end Vernon Davis with what looked like a pro wrestling pile-driver move. It’s not the kind of treatment Davis has been used to receiving from Seahawks safeties.

“My mentality is that this it’s a rough and rugged (game),” Thomas said. “I’m trying to fight and claw to bring somebody down. I had the opportunity to dump him, and I did.”

They know where the challenges lie, and they also see the opportunities.

“We always tell each other we’re trying to be the best safety tandem in the league,” Chancellor said.

So maybe it’s better not to consider them separately, one as thunder and the other as lightning. It’s more appropriate to envision them together for a long time in the Seahawks secondary, comprising a perfect storm.

Dave Boling: 253-597-8440 dave.boling@thenewstribune.com

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/09/15/v-printerfriendly/1824803/forces-to-be-reckoned-with.html#ixzz1Y7ZRnoPN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmanu5iJsdA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkegSZgWxzk

And God was angry with Sweetness_34 and he smited Mama Urlacher until she dropped dead of AIDS this week. She is now getting the 'ole high hard one from Walter Payton as they burn in the circle of Hell reserved for Bears fans and whoever is responsible for creating Glee.

Um, methinks Walter is probably not interested in barking up the particular gender tree that Mama Urlacher was listed as. Although you're definitely correct on the Glee thing...

Thanks for posting this and the information before the videos. There is not much to get excited about in regards to the Seahawks this season but these two safeties are a bright mark. Hey, you have to find something positive in the madness. lol

Anyways, I play in a 10 team league that uses IDP's instead of a team D. We use 6 players. 4 D(LBs, Linemen or DB) and 2 DB(Just DB's). Anyways, one of my drafted staring DBs was injured and out for the season so I thought I might want Kam Chancellor since my spouse already has Earl Thomas. I put my bid in for Kam and put it on the bottom of my priority(figuring that I would get him for sure being the only Seahawk diehard in my league). Well, lo and behold my damned sister got him. I was pissed off. lol. There is one thing I will use a Seahawk for this year and it's defensive players. I don't have any on my offense. I knew better.

I am so mad. I really think Kam is going to have a huge year and not just for Tackles but also TFL, fumbles, etc...It would be nice to have one Seahawk on my roster that is worth a damn.

18 pages and still exciting!!!!!

boner :pointstosky:

As exciting as a couple more years of Lovie/Martz! :banana:

lol. Lovie/Martz are pluses but the problem Chicago has is Ruskell. Watch your Oline go to hell in the next couple seasons. Just sayin....Look at where Seattle is. Ruskell single handedly ruined one of the best Olines in football by not drafting/dealing to keep it up and Schneider/Carrioll are trying to rebuild that mess. Hence the poor line play right now. It will get better as they mature. I would bet that Seattle drafts/signs even more reinforcements next offseason, after they get a QB in the 1st round that is.

:sleep:

Yeah but it is kinda fun watching all the dynasty chasers and trolls jump through our hoops! I have half of them blocked yet they keep on yapping like lap dogs dying for attention. :banana:

lol. Lovie/Martz are pluses but the problem Chicago has is Ruskell. Watch your Oline go to hell in the next couple seasons. Just sayin....Look at where Seattle is. Ruskell single handedly ruined one of the best Olines in football by not drafting/dealing to keep it up and Schneider/Carrioll are trying to rebuild that mess. Hence the poor line play right now. It will get better as they mature. I would bet that Seattle drafts/signs even more reinforcements next offseason, after they get a QB in the 1st round that is.

Good point, I just figured fans like Sweetness have no idea who is in their front office or how things like that even work. Figured he would at least know who the coaches are on his team. Gotta dumb it down for the simple folk. :music_guitarred:

you guys always say the media hates on the seahawks or ignores them or whatever.

i just saw a commercial for the nfl ticket exchange and it featured the seahawks as the main team. :headbanger:

you guys always say the media hates on the seahawks or ignores them or whatever.

i just saw a commercial for the nfl ticket exchange and it featured the seahawks as the main team. :headbanger:

The one with the Asian dude and his little kid?

I wasn't sure if they changed up the teams from market to market. Cool to know we're the main logo. I suppose the NFL has to throw all their franchises a bone once in a while :lol:

Why didn't you Seahawks fans tell us about Baldwin?! I just added him to my 20 roster team in a 12 team 2 keeper ppr league.

Why didn't you Seahawks fans tell us about Baldwin?! I just added him to my 20 roster team in a 12 team 2 keeper ppr league.

He's been talked about a lot in this thread. Definitely a guy to keep an eye on in the future, especially if the planets align and he's reunited with Luck.

I wasn't sure if they changed up the teams from market to market. Cool to know we're the main logo. I suppose the NFL has to throw all their franchises a bone once in a while :lol:

The media and commercials are two different animals. I see WW is still razor sharp :rolleyes:

Here comes the Seahawks chance for payback from the Superbowl humiliation vs the Steelers...why did I say against the Steelers since it's the only one they've ever been in?????? ...that was obvious. :clap:

Good luck!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You will need it.

Here comes the Seahawks chance for payback from the Superbowl humiliation vs the Steelers...why did I say against the Steelers since it's the only one they've ever been in?????? ...that was obvious. :clap:

Good luck!!!!! :lol:

You will need it.

Win or lose, you can always eat my ass FQ!! :wub:

Good luck!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You will need it.

Funny how the Steeler fans are the ones that bring up SB XL. We all know why (it sucks to have an asterik)! As for your use of Humiliation? Do you know what the word means? Kinda hard to be humiliated when the Seahawks outgained the Steelers by almost 100 yards. The only stat the matters was 7-70 vs 3-20. And Bill Leavy already apologized for that. Nice try Fairy Queen.

yeah man, that little chinc is super happy to get his tickets!

The media and commercials are two different animals. I see WW is still razor sharp :rolleyes:

commercials are media, slapnuts.

if you could take your head out of your ass and stop being a little biotch, you'd have realized i was joking around.

glad to see Joey at least has a sense of humor.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by WhiteWonder . View it anyway?

:dunno: :lol: keep yapping!

:doublethumbsup: so you have me ignored, yet still respond to my ignored posts in order to show me i've been ignored? if you wish to ignore me, here's a tip.... ignore me. i'll try not to lose much sleep over it.

or better yet, go find something to copy and paste from fieldgulls :overhead:

:doublethumbsup: so you have me ignored, yet still respond to my ignored posts in order to show me i've been ignored? if you wish to ignore me, here's a tip.... ignore me. i'll try not to lose much sleep over it.

or better yet, go find something to copy and paste from fieldgulls :overhead:

:lol: and quoted to make sure Flahawker see this. :)

I don't know which will be funnier:

1- Watching all the Stealer Dynasty Chaers run in here after the Stealers beat up Tarvaris Jackson and puff out their chests like it is an accomplishment.

or

2- Having Tarvaris Jackson beat the Stealers in Pittsburgh and watching the Dynasty Chasers disappear.

I'm torn.

Hey, I have a question for you guys. Since I am new here, which posters are Seahawk fans on this board? FLAhawker is obvious but I was just curious. Also, are any of you Hawk fans members of NetNation?

Hey, I have a question for you guys. Since I am new here, which posters are Seahawk fans on this board? FLAhawker is obvious but I was just curious. Also, are any of you Hawk fans members of NetNation?

Hags fans are easy to spot .

Their posts are usually incoherent, mispelled, and smell like feces.

HTH

:wave:

Hags fans are easy to spot .

Their posts are usually incoherent, mispelled, and smell like feces.

HTH

That was a reel grown up reply to a serious question. :rolleyes: