Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Cutler has torn MCL

Assuming this pans out to be true, then I'll give Cutler a pass. That's a serious injury and there's no way he could/should be on the field with it.

Phillip Rivers played an entire playoff game with a torn ACL. Much worse than an MCL.

Cutler quit. Plain and simple.

Phillip Rivers played an entire playoff game with a torn ACL. Much worse than an MCL.

and SD lost that game.

Rivers was 19 for 37, 0 TDs and 2 INTs. I'm not sure what playing proved aside from injured QBs are bad.

Rivers was 19 for 37, 0 TDs and 2 INTs. I'm not sure what playing proved aside from injured QBs are bad.

It proved that he doesn't quit on his teammates especially when it matters most.

Just like most, I saw Cutler take a real beating this year. I know for sure when he came to Dallas we knocked the **** out of him - and he always got up. I don't like him much for other reasons, but not this - I think he's a pretty tough kid.

And the Bears lost too. So what's your point?

They had no chance with Cutler in there but almost won with him on the bench, playing injured does not necessarily help your team.

Anyone who watched that game knew there was something wrong with Cutler, as a Packer fan I wanted him to finish the game.

It proved that he doesn't quit on his teammates especially when it matters most.

As long as you aren't correlating "winning/having a chance to win" with "not quitting on your teammates," then yes, you have a point. At the end of the day, I'd rather my team does what's best to give them a chance to win. That's rarely going to be starting an injured QB. I ripped Cutler in a separate thread for how he acted on the sidelines and his total lack of willingness to help the backups review photos and so forth, but it's absurd to expect players to play with torn MCLs. They aren't doing their teams any good by being out there and playing hurt can end a career pretty quickly (see Merriman, Shawne--although there may be other reasons for his drop off in play).

They had no chance with Cutler in there but almost won with him on the bench, playing injured does not necessarily help your team.

Anyone who watched that game knew there was something wrong with Cutler, as a Packer fan I wanted him to finish the game.

He has no heart. He was tired of getting hit.

It doesn't matter if he helped or hurt his team by playing. What matters is he didn't want to keep playing. He quit and pouted. Not what I want from my QB.

Quit or not...its not as if he was lighting it up when he wasn't hurt in this game (or in week 17).

Hanie looked better than Cutler did all day.

Matthews and Raji would have destroyed a gimpy Cutler.

Big focking deal. Brett Farve died 3 years ago. And he managed to play almost every game during that time.

It doesn't matter if he helped or hurt his team by playing. What matters is he didn't want to keep playing. He quit and pouted. Not what I want from my QB.

The guy played all season without quitting. His teammates say he's one of the toughest guys on the team. We get it, you don't like him. Dude had a torn MCL and probably knows himself fairly well and knows if he'd have helped his team or not. Personally, I don't like him either. I think he acts smug and surly. But for a guy who probably pushes a pencil all day to say without a doubt that he was healthy enough to play in an NFL football game with 250 lb linebackers chasing him makes you sound kind of dumb.

And the Bears lost too. So what's your point?

And Rivers could still kick the sh!t out of Cutler with a torn ACL. I miss Cutler in the AFC west. It used to be so fun watching Rivers get Cutler all shook. Cutler was his b!tch! Good times.

Dear Lord if I hear one more person bring up Philip Rivers I'm gong to puke.

Listen tards: There is an exception to every rule. I'm sure somewhere in the history of the league a person has played with a broken fibula before. However that's the rare exception.

We could list literally hundreds of players that tore knee ligaments during a game and had to sit out. Maybe thousands,. That is the rule.

This whole Cutler "quitting" was a non-story perpetuated by folks who didn't like him to begin with and players who didn't know anything about the injury.

Dear Lord if I hear one more person bring up Philip Rivers I'm gong to puke.

Listen tards: There is an exception to every rule. I'm sure somewhere in the history of the league a person has played with a broken fibula before. However that's the rare exception.

We could list literally hundreds of players that tore knee NFL ligaments during a game and had to sit out. Maybe thousands,. That is the rule.

This whole Cutler "quitting" was a non-story perpetuated by folks who didn't like him to begin with and players who didn't know anything about the injury.

Bullsh!t. Don't bring your flimsy proof 'round here. Evidence is for queers.

Clearly, Sara Palin shot him in the leg, but the bullet merely grazed his knee. It was merely a flesh wound.

The guy played all season without quitting. His teammates say he's one of the toughest guys on the team. We get it, you don't like him. Dude had a torn MCL and probably knows himself fairly well and knows if he'd have helped his team or not. Personally, I don't like him either. I think he acts smug and surly. But for a guy who probably pushes a pencil all day to say without a doubt that he was healthy enough to play in an NFL football game with 250 lb linebackers chasing him makes you sound kind of dumb.

Well said.

The article mentions he is due for an MRI today. He could have a grade 1 tear, which means "stop being a puzz and go play"

Or he could have ruptured it, which would get everyone off his back.

The article mentions he is due for an MRI today. He could have a grade 1 tear, which means "stop being a puzz and go play"

Or he could have ruptured it, which would get everyone off his back.

Wrong. It doesn't matter. It's not like he faked an injury. Everybody is different. Every injury is different. Have you ever stubbed your toe? Sometimes you walk right through it for some reason and other times it hurts like a mofo for a damn hour. It just depends.

Cutler was injured, he tried it out, and obviously couldn't give it a go. He was hurt. Plain and Simple. It happens every almost game in the NFL. He played all year and never just quit.

Just stop it already. :wacko:

I agree totally with KSB2424. Which is actually making me reconsider my stance.

Did Rivers blow it out during the game, or prep for the game with a brace and bandages and knee support?

I thought he went into the game with the bad knee, rather than blowing it out mid game and staying in there. Different story.

Wrong. It doesn't matter. It's not like he faked an injury. Everybody is different. Every injury is different. Have you ever stubbed your toe? Sometimes you walk right through it for some reason and other times it hurts like a mofo for a damn hour. It just depends.

Cutler was injured, he tried it out, and obviously couldn't give it a go. He was hurt. Plain and Simple. It happens every almost game in the NFL. He played all year and never just quit.

Just stop it already. :wacko:

So, you would have sat out the NFC Championship game with a stubbed toe? That could explain an awful lot.

Seriously, if Hitler were around today, would you defend him?

Link?

You don't have a clue what happened. I don't like Cutler as a QB but to rip him on this is just plain ignorant.

Let me guess, you never played organized football.

So, you would have sat out the NFC Championship game with a stubbed toe? That could explain an awful lot.

Seriously, if Hitler were around today, would you defend him?

So you read what KSB wrote and that is what you translate it to?

You really are a tard....

Bullsh!t. Don't bring your flimsy proof 'round here. Evidence is for queers.

Clearly, Sara Palin shot him in the leg, but the bullet merely grazed his knee. It was merely a flesh wound.

I will have to put you on ignore because you are a fool.

So you read what KSB wrote and that is what you translate it to?

You really are a tard....

Newbs, you might want to read up on KSB24242424's history. He defends everyone. Catch up!

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was scheduled to undergo an MRI this morning to determine the extent of a torn MCL believed to be in his left knee, according to a source close to the situation.

I'll believe it when I hear the results of his MRI from an official doctor. Even then, Cutler is a still a focking doosh and a sub-par quarterback.

tear, sprain, whatever: the fact is he stood on it and walked around on it for three hours on the sidelines--and didn't seem to be any pain and didn't limp even a little.

i mean, come on.

if your knee is that badly hurt...shouldn't you have it wrapped and be at least sitting down?

now i read reports saying the post-game criticism caused cutler to cry.

CRY? WTF? there's no crying in football!!

tear, sprain, whatever: the fact his stood on it and walked around on it for three hours on the sidelines--and didn't seem to be any pain and didn't limp even a little.

i mean, come on.

if you knee is that badly hurt...shouldn't you have it wrapped and be at least sitting down?

He is not allowed to sit on the Bears bench anymore. The other players complained about the snail trails his vag always left behind. :D

Yes, I am piling on now.

Link?

You don't have a clue what happened. I don't like Cutler as a QB but to rip him on this is just plain ignorant.

Let me guess, you never played organized football.

What does my history of playing organized football have to do with Jay Cutler quitting on his team?

Just heard Lovie say it's an MCL sprain. I bet you 99 out of 100 professional football players suck it up and play through that especially in a conference championship game.

And no I don't have a link for that :rolleyes:

He didn't specify what grade sprain it is. A grade 3 sprain is a complete tear, so "sprain" by itself doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't a torn MCL.

I will have to put you on ignore because you are a fool.

I forbid you from ever reading one of my posts again. You will have to ask for my expressed written permission to read my golden words from now on.

He didn't specify what grade sprain it is. A grade 3 sprain is a complete tear, so "sprain" by itself doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't a torn MCL.

True, but most of the time if they tore it completely they come out and say that.