Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

How did you score on the SAT test?

Geek SAT scores  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What was your score? Be honest. It's anonymous.

• 2400 - Perfect
    • Somwhere above 2300
    • 2k and above
    • I did well on half of it ... got 1800 (or equivalent) total
    • I was just above average. Over 1500.
    • I did about average for my class.
    • I didn't study. Did badly.
    • I never took it.

Liars. We got 4 pro level poker players here too, apparently.

Yeah ... I never took 'em. I did well on the CAT (California Achievement Test) and other standardized tests, but I already had a scholarship for a painting I did when I was a Sophomore in HS ... so .... never even bothered to take my SATs. Didn't matter for the schools I wanted to go to.

I took the GMAT ... before grad school .... and I scored like 89th percentile in writing. Didn't study for 1 second. Math ... I was lost. 30th percentile. Do you know how long it's been since I've used algebra or geometry?

Oh, and I know a guy who scored a perfect LSAT.

He cheated, I'm 99% sure of it. Was in my fraternity in college. It's some long, weird story but he was a fugitive from justice for awhile. Last I heard he was in prison. His father is a politician, and he ran for office ... but then used the funds to party .... pretty much.

I mean ... I know I was smarter than this guy ... and I couldn't score a perfect LSAT ..... he maintained that he just studied for it. Was supposedly impossible to cheat too. I wonder how he did it. Of course it's also possible that he just made a fraternity full of guys believe he got a perfect score ... and he didn't. We all wondered why he went to ASU after that perfect score ... coulda gone to Yale. I never checked it, or saw any press about it .... so maybe he lied about his score and everyone believed it. A PERFECT score? Too big of a lie to think it's a lie. Everyone suspected he cheated.

Some good guys came out of that house though. John Pappas ... Executive Director of the PPA .... good friend of mine.

But yeah ... Yuri Downing .... supposedly scored a perfect LSAT.

http://www.tucsonwee...-downing-nabbed

Yeah .... I was 15 (1985) when I painted this roughly 5 foot tall painting:

http://www.studiowoo...past6months.jpg

In my little town of Tucson ... I was considered sort of a prodigy .... and pretty much wrote my own ticket through HS after that ... and beating up some gang banger Mexicans from a rival school.

I'm focking dangerous ... for reals dude. You do not wanna piss me off.

I guess I gotta tell that story now.

It's 1985. My first week at a new HS. I'm a punk rocker. Between classes, if you have PE, you get extra time to change ... so I was smoking a cig in the parking lot while my class is changing. So, I'm sitting on this curb smoking ... and this Mexican kid rides by on a BMX bike and does a "power slide" spraying me with gravel and I just ignore him. Then he does it again ... and I stand up and turn around and start yelling at the kid .... and then I see all his gang banger friends closing in on me. "Kick his ass Freddy!" egging him on. I wasn't very big then ... was only 15 maybe 165 lbs at the most .... but this kid was like a buck ten soaking wet. I had a backpack full of books, (remember books?) and I had to go change for PE and I walked away from the kid.

Long story shorter .... he tried to hit me and I beat the shiat out of him, and then I hit one of his friends a couple times .... and my whole PE class saw it .... and it turned out they went to a different school ... were there to cause trouble ... and I didn't get in any trouble. Nobody messed with me again, for the rest of my HS career, after that. I may have blinded the little vato, pivoting and swinging behind me ... with the same shoulder my backpack was on .... hit him right in the eye. All the white in his eye filled with blood and turned red within seconds of that punch.

I kinda felt bad about it ... but I tried to walk away.

Oh and ... even though I didn't have time to change ... the coach counted me as dressed ... because I won the fight.

Coach: Why aren't you dressed?

Me: I got in a fight before class.

Coach: Did you win?

Me: Yeah.

Coach: Alright Spike (that's what he called me due to my spikey hair) ... you're good for the day.

And later, I got bigger .... started lifting weights and was fast too. I could chase you down. I was always fast. My Junior year my step sister .... who is a total JAP .... came to my school .... and nobody focked with her either, because I was a bad ass. 6 foot 1 ... 185 maxing out at 265 running a 12 second 100 yard dash without blocks. I don't think anybody would disagree .... I was the baddest, meanest, fastest white boy in the entire school.

Wasn't for years later .... in college, I swam a mile. Breast stroke. I learned to swim as an infant so ... that's my stroke. I pretty much suck when it comes to freestyle and other strokes. But that took me an entire semester, to get in shape for that. It's hard to swim a mile.

Riding a bike 100 miles is a piece of cake in comparison. Yeah .... road and mountain. Was into that for awhile. I purchased a real handmade Gary Fisher in college (like 1991) that was the most bad ass bike I ever had. Took it to New York with me. It was unbreakable. Heavy chrome-molly but hand built. I'd get that thing 6 feet in the air off ramps and not worry for a second about landing. Ride it down stairs .... had the Shimano Deore thumb shift. I remember the first time I rode it, I hit the front brake too hard and just endo'd on the sidewalk. Stop on a dime.

Got a Trek now ... but I don't ride it.

And yes .... it's true. I am the anonymous person that wrote this back in the 90's:

http://www.sheldonbr...com/skates.html

At the time, bicyclists in New York were really frustrated because of all the idiot roller bladers out there.

My favorite is #58:

People who ride bikes in public, already know how to ride a bike.

Max score was 1600 when i took it

:dunno:

Max score was 1600 when i took it

That must have been back when kids had to actually earn things ... and you really had to win to get a trophy.

It wasn't that long ago. The maximum score was 1600 when I took it 7 or 8 years ago. They changed the scoring in 2006 I believe. I got a 1480. One kid in my school got a 1600 and it was a big deal. I think they said only around 20 kids in the country get a perfect score each year.

Riding a bike 100 miles is a piece of cake in comparison.

I've done 100 miles in a day a few times. It's really not that difficult.

I got a 1310. That's prolly on the low side, for a forea full of liars.

Struggle on the spelling ?

Struggle on the spelling ?

I can't type on the iPhone. :(

1380. I did very well on the verbal section but only decent on the math.

And GFIAFP, they switched to the 2400 scoring system very recently. There are probaby only a few people here who would've taken that version of the test.

What's the point of asking this question? :dunno:

Are u seriously asking what the point of a giants fan thread is?

Are u seriously asking what the point of a giants fan thread is?

No - I'm more asking why people answer it, I guess.

No - I'm more asking why people answer it, I guess.

I don't know why I answered it. Sometimes I wonder if GFIAFP is going somewhere with his threads but that is very rarely the case. :dunno:

GF, we're the same age. I know you never took the test since A) you said so and B ) when we were kids, the max score was 1600. I just wonder why you're curious how we did since you never did so yourself?

GF, we're the same age. I know you never took the test since A) you said so and B ) when we were kids, the max score was 1600. I just wonder why you're curious how we did since you never did so yourself?

He thinks people are lying about their poker skillz, so they will lie about this. :dunno:

Anyway, I had a 1440 back in the days of black and white TVs. Had a 750 on math which kinda disappointed me, as I wanted an 800, and I thought about taking it again. But I got a 690 on verbal, and never had done better than 600 on a practice test. Despite my imperfect math abilities, I was able to determine that the odds of me getting a total score > 1440 were low, so I didn't take it again.

Why did they change it to a 2400 base? Was it to help stupid people feel smarter by getting a bigger number?

I scored a really hot fat chick in the parking area after she cried her eyes out knowing she was about to blow something bigger than her college entrance exam. Bestest angry sex I ever had.

I only took it once for some reason... I think i opted to retake some AP exams to place out of credits... I went 680 math, 620 verbal... 1300 on the dot...

That was my exact score as well. 1310 out of 1600.

Edit: I'm going to have a hard time believing everyone here is well above that.

Just looking on wiki:

1480 is 99th percentile

1380 is 88th percentile

1280 is 81st percentile

1090 is 61st percentile

1010 is 48th percentile

So almost half of you chumps did worse than 1010. And those numbers don't factor in that most dumb kids don't even bother taking SATs.

It wasn't that long ago. The maximum score was 1600 when I took it 7 or 8 years ago. They changed the scoring in 2006 I believe. I got a 1480. One kid in my school got a 1600 and it was a big deal. I think they said only around 20 kids in the country get a perfect score each year.

3 kids in my school alone got a 1600 so im guessing far more than 20 get a 1600 each year.

but yes, it was just recently changed. I took mine in 2002 and 1600 was max. My score was 1420

3 kids in my school alone got a 1600 so im guessing far more than 20 get a 1600 each year.

but yes, it was just recently changed. I took mine in 2002 and 1600 was max. My score was 1420

Zach Morris got a 1502 i believe. My personal advice was for him to attend Stansbury....the Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavaaaaaaaaaaad of the west.

That was my exact score as well. 1310 out of 1600.

Edit: I'm going to have a hard time believing everyone here is well above that.

Just looking on wiki:

1480 is 99th percentile

1380 is 88th percentile

1280 is 81st percentile

1090 is 61st percentile

1010 is 48th percentile

So almost half of you chumps did worse than 1010. And those numbers don't factor in that most dumb kids don't even bother taking SATs.

Everyone here has a six-figure salary, a supermodel-hot wife, a blackbelt in karate and a 12-inch dong. Of course they all scored 1400+ on the SATs.

Everyone here has a six-figure salary, a supermodel-hot wife, a blackbelt in karate and a 12-inch dong. Of course they all scored 1400+ on the SATs.

Me and my wife combined don't quite make six figures. My wife (34B) is really cute and she is still skinny (5'2, 105 pounds), but she has never modeled. I don't know karate. My pen8s is exactly average according to statistics. Nobody I was friends with touched 1400 on the SATs.

Me and my wife combined don't quite make six figures. My wife (34B) is really cute and she is still skinny (5'2, 105 pounds), but she has never modeled. I don't know karate. My pen8s is exactly average according to statistics. Nobody I was friends with touched 1400 on the SATs.

FFT is strictly for rich guys who are hung like mules and date swimsuit models.

I'm afraid you're going to have to find another forearm. :wave:

FFT is strictly for rich guys who are hung like mules and date swimsuit models.

I'm afraid you're going to have to find another forearm. :wave:

im sure there are plenty of people who lie about all of this stuff, but im betting there are those who tell the truth.

My 1420 score was using my best scores from the 2 times i took the SAT's, which was allowed at the time.... not sure if that is still the case? I don't even think the SAT's are broken down between math and writing anymore i think there are more categories??

1420 was 90th percentile for the nation i guess but it was lower from just my highschool. But I went to a very strong highschool.

and no, i dont make 6 figures. But im 25.. i'll get there in time.

I had the lowest score of all reported in the thread...LOL...

im sure there are plenty of people who lie about all of this stuff, but im betting there are those who tell the truth.

My 1420 score was using my best scores from the 2 times i took the SAT's, which was allowed at the time.... not sure if that is still the case? I don't even think the SAT's are broken down between math and writing anymore i think there are more categories??

1420 was 90th percentile for the nation i guess but it was lower from just my highschool. But I went to a very strong highschool.

and no, i dont make 6 figures. But im 25.. i'll get there in time.

I went to a very good high school too, where a good amount of the class ended up in Ivy League schools. I took it twice and improved both scores my second time. And I also took a couple of classes in high school aimed at improving your sat scores. So, I would guess I was a lot more prepared than most when taking the test.

You left out studied and did badly. I think I scored an 850. I believe if you spell your name right you can get that score. I remembered when I applied for an academic schlorship and the admin person looked at my SAT score and then at me like are you from this planet. :wacko:

I went to a very good high school too, where a good amount of the class ended up in Ivy League schools. I took it twice and improved both scores my second time. And I also took a couple of classes in high school aimed at improving your sat scores. So, I would guess I was a lot more prepared than most when taking the test.

Prob a similar boat, my HS was tougher than College was by a decent amount. I was your avg B student in HS w/ slightly above avg sat... Had a 3.8 gpa at a good college.

I got a 13 inch dong.

:bandana: hth