Sign in to follow this  
Face Down in the Pavement

Good bye Tim Tebow

Timmie Touchdown is heading down the Ryan Leaf road I'm afraid. As much as I like the guy, Orton is looking good and Quinn will likely come in tonight as the No. 2 playing pretty well. Wouldn't it be best for Tebow to at least consider switching to RB or Safety to minimize the distraction? I hope I'm wrong, but would appreciate your opinions, aside from what you've heard from ESPN, etc....

His 2nd year hasn't even started. He looked good as a starter as a rookie and he's a project QB. Future is still bright, not sure it will be with the Broncos, but still could be.

Safety? That's pure ignorance. Give the guy some time, it's the second week of his second season...... "it's a game where you JUMP to different conclusions"

Boy...I would hate if YOU were MY coach. Talk about not allowing any time for development. :nono:

So far Tebow has shown more as a QB than Elway et al have shown as evaluators/developers of talent. I wouldn't be so quick to write off his career.

Timmie Touchdown is heading down the Ryan Leaf road I'm afraid. As much as I like the guy, Orton is looking good and Quinn will likely come in tonight as the No. 2 playing pretty well. Wouldn't it be best for Tebow to at least consider switching to RB or Safety to minimize the distraction? I hope I'm wrong, but would appreciate your opinions, aside from what you've heard from ESPN, etc....

did you come up with your username before or after this thread?

ESPN said a couple weeks ago that he might be the 3rd string QB and i posted it in one of the 100 Tebow threads and someone said no way in hell or something to that effect. He looks awful right now and alot of fans love him. They would probably change that if he played.

Tim Tebow expressed some frustration Thursday regarding his current backup role.

Tebow clearly thought the Kyle Orton trade was going down, just like everyone else. "My dream, since I was a young boy, of being a starting quarterback in the NFL seemed to be coming true," Tebow said. "Then, I felt like it was grabbed back away." Tebow admitted that the rapid change in plans may have affected him on the practice field. Now he's miles behind Orton, the clear starter.

Source: Denver Post Aug 5, 9:32 AM

Tim Tebow is saying his Thursday comments that the Broncos' quarterback job was "grabbed back away" from him were misinterpreted.

''I don't feel like anything was taken away from me and I don't want anything given,'' he said. ''I want to work for anything I get, that's for sure. And I've always been like that.'' A predictable backtrack from Tebow, though it's unlikely the Broncos were ever all that bothered by his comments in the first place.

Source: Associated Press Aug 6, 1:32 PM

Tebow turned in a mixed performance after Cowboys preseason analyst Babe Laufenberg called him the most inaccurate QB he's ever seen in warmups, "throwing against air."
:lol:

ESPN said a couple weeks ago that he might be the 3rd string QB and i posted it in one of the 100 Tebow threads and someone said no way in hell or something to that effect. He looks awful right now and alot of fans love him. They would probably change that if he played.

Tebow stats this preseason

7-9, 101 yds, 113 QB rating

:dunno:

stats alone dont show decision making. everything i've heard on espn, his decision making has been terrible.

Everytime he has been given a chance he has looked pretty good. Problem is that Kyle Orton is a pretty darn good qb also. Denver should trade him to a team that needs a qb and cover some weakness that they have.

Joey Harrington used to put up those stat lines in preseason as well by constantly checking down to backs and TE's against preseason defenses.

Admittedly I haven't seen him play much and he seems to be one of those guys that just gets it done in games, but I don't think coaches like their QB having to improvise on every play to make something happen. They want to see their QB be able to execute plays as they are drawn up for the most part. Hard to judge him after missing the offseason, because from what I understand he desperately needs to work on reading defenses and developing a consistent throwing motion but he seems to be a 2-3 year project at best.

So far Tebow has shown more as a QB than Elway et al have shown as evaluators/developers of talent. I wouldn't be so quick to write off his career.

What? Huh? The dood is a run-first QB and we know how they usually end up. Yeah, yeah, Vick - but lets see him actually win anything important. When the chips are on the table, Vick is NOT the guy you want to take the team 90 yards for the game tying TD because he wont maike it.

Tebow is a COLLEGE quarterback. That means he can run around and looks good against crappy college defenses but that chit never works in the NFL. Look at Vince Young for an example of what a College QB is. Tebow isnt an NFL QB. Period. Switch him to Kicker. :thumbsup:

Keeping throwing the ball in the dirt Timmy :thumbsup:

Those stats are way misleading. 3 of those passes were terrible which ended drives (1 of which, had it been a decent throw would have been a touchdown instead). He had 1 interception get called back because of a penalty and took a terrible sack after holding onto the ball for approximately 1 billion seconds. I made it out to two days at training camp this year and I swear I saw him throw a ball into the dirt 8 yards in front of a receiver running a 12 yard hitch with no pressure from the D. And while that was an extreme example, he's made several throws that are mind bogglingly bad.

That said, he had a touchdown called back on a penalty, threw a great deep ball last game and has all the intangibles it takes to be a quarterback in the league. Unfortunately, right now he does not have the tangibles it takes to be a quarterback in the league and he's not even close. I wouldn't rule him out in the future just because of how driven he is to succeed but I agree with an above poster who said the Broncos should trade him and help improve the team that has so many holes elsewhere.

Bottom line is Tim Tebow doesn't have the arm strength to make most NFL throws. If you roll with him as your QB, you have to limit your offense so much that it becomes woefully predictable. You know, I wish I had an NFL caliber arm too but I just don't. I've accepted that, why can't Timmie Tebow?

Due to me being out of the playoffs in all 3 of my leagues, I feel like it's time to look back at some early year posts.

BUMP

:banana:

Due to me being out of the playoffs in all 3 of my leagues, I feel like it's time to look back at some early year posts.

BUMP

:banana:

yeah, this fun. I like the arm strength comments.

yeah, this fun. I like the arm strength comments.

Remember, it's all misleading. :banana:

Joey Harrington used to put up those stat lines in preseason as well by constantly checking down to backs and TE's against preseason defenses.

Admittedly I haven't seen him play much and he seems to be one of those guys that just gets it done in games

, but I don't think coaches like their QB having to improvise on every play to make something happen.

They want to see their QB be able to execute plays as they are drawn up for the most part. Hard to judge him after missing the offseason, because from what I understand he desperately needs to work on reading defenses and developing a consistent throwing motion

but he seems to be a 2-3 year project at best.

Right on target.

He has the worst throwing motion in the history of the NFL. It does not work.

If he was a real team player he'd realize the team would be better off with a real passing QB and he could ask to move to RB. He has no future at QB in the league.

I've started him the last two weeks in fantasy. LOL. Vick hurt. Watching Tebow play QB is painful.

He has the worst throwing motion in the history of the NFL. It does not work.

If he was a real team player he'd realize the team would be better off with a real passing QB and he could ask to move to RB. He has no future at QB in the league.

I've started him the last two weeks in fantasy. LOL. Vick hurt. Watching Tebow play QB is painful.

Then you have not been watching.

If the Broncos win the Super Bowl with this Bible thumping Fker I swear I'll never even watch football again let alone play fantasy football.

If the Broncos win the Super Bowl, I'm stocking up on canned goods and bottled water. The Apocalypse is upon us. You won't have to worry about watching football again.

From a FF perspective, Tebow is an awful start. The guy is still sitting on the WW in my league and nobody will touch him. Are there people really using this guy as their starting QB?

From a FF perspective, Tebow is an awful start. The guy is still sitting on the WW in my league and nobody will touch him. Are there people really using this guy as their starting QB?

He's been a top 5 QB over the past 5 weeks in our league. How's he on the WW?

You say he is an awful start? I agree that he hasn't lit up the yardage totals as far as passing goes but if

you throw in his rushing stats he does average out to be a decent start.

I understand that the Vikings run defense isn't that bad but that stat is vs Rb's...Tebow adds another element.

Minn will have to defend the running backs and the running Qb. Tebow has passed the ball better as of late too.

He always seems to score that is for sure.

I am curious to see the stats of T.Tebow vs M.Ryan who is playing @ Houston who doesn't give up a lot of

yards to opposing Qb's. Tebow should have a similar or better stat line than Ryan this week.

for what it's worth...

1	Rodgers, Aaron	GB	4	116.2	29.04
2	Brees, Drew	NO	3	86.9	28.98
3	Brady, Tom	NE	4	105.8	26.45
4	Ryan, Matt	ATL	4	95.7	23.93
5	Stafford, Matt	DET	3	69.4	23.13
6	Romo, Tony	DAL	4	92.3	23.06
7	Newton, Cam	CAR	3	66.5	22.17
8	Rivers, Philip	SD	4	86.8	21.69
9	Manning, Eli	NYG	4	86.5	21.61
10	Dalton, Andy	CIN	4	80.4	20.1
11	Palmer, Carson	OAK	4	79.8	19.95
12	Tebow, Tim	DEN	4	79.6	19.9

These are the last 4 weeks, where Tebow ranks 12th in points per game. Calling him a good start is a marginal call at best.

He's been a top 5 QB over the past 5 weeks in our league. How's he on the WW?

He is not ranked that high in our scoring system, which rewards passing more than rushing. So, depending on the league, he is not a smart pick up at all, especially if you have better option on your roster.

You say he is an awful start? I agree that he hasn't lit up the yardage totals as far as passing goes but if

you throw in his rushing stats he does average out to be a decent start.

Agreed.

In the last 4 weeks Tim Tebow has 296 yds rushing. In the last 4 weeks, 11 NFL running backs have rushed for more than 296 yards. In the last 4 weeks, Tim Tebow has 2 rushing TDs. In the last 4 weeks, only 8 NFL RBs have more than 2 rushing TDs. So to me, Tebow is a borderline RB1/RB2 who also gets 10-15 passing attempts a game. The passing is just gravy. Would i rather have Rodgers or Brady? Sure. But if my options are Tebow, Freeman, or Carson Palmer (and they are), i am not afraid to roll with The Annointed One, if the matchups dictate it.

What! You're in a two-team league. Right? And you may well be in third place with this kind of thinking. Look at his matchup this week. Now look at your starting QB's matchup. With just a few exceptions, it's hard to find a option that's more promising as a spot play. Unless you've got one of the Big Five, grab Mr. Tebow off the wire and plug him into your lineup this week. Caleb Hanie can probably use the time off.

What! You're in a two-team league. Right? And you may well be in third place with this kind of thinking. Look at his matchup this week. Now look at your starting QB's matchup. With just a few exceptions, it's hard to find a option that's more promising as a spot play. Unless you've got one of the Big Five, grab Mr. Tebow off the wire and plug him into your lineup this week. Caleb Hanie can probably use the time off.

Did you even see the stats above? Tebow isn't an automatic starter, even in 12 team leagues. He's freakin 12th in pts scored in the last 4 weeks and there's no way I'm going to automatically start him over someone who ranks at the end of the top 10, maybe even with a good matchup.

If the Broncos win the Super Bowl with this Bible thumping Fker I swear I'll never even watch football again let alone play fantasy football.

You're a sad, sad person.

But Tim still loves you.

lol. Read my recent reply. It depends on the scoring of your league. My league rewards passing more than rushing for a QB. I am not worried about my QB situation and it's a 10 team league. Tebow is still on the wire and I don't think he will get picked up.

In my league which is pretty standard scoring Tebow's scored: 25, 14, 30, 18, 16, and 17 points in his six starts. Unless you have Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, or Cam Newton on your team then Tebow can probably start for you. Or at least make you think about it. He's been rather consistent. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. :dunno:

I'll tell you this much. As a Phlip Rivers owner, I'd wish I'd been starting Tebow over Rivers the past six weeks. I might have a another win under my belt from back in weeks 7 or 8 while Rivers was throwing INT's all over the place.