Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Rumor: Peyton Manning Out Indefinitely

John Michael Vincent of ESPN 1070 Indianapolis reports Peyton Manning will need to undergo another procedure on his neck.

Manning will reportedly be out "indefinitely." Vincent has heard from multiple sources, but he's yet to receive confirmation from the Colts. Adam Schefter's report that the organization is preparing to go forward with Kerry Collins as the Week 1 starter does lend some credibility to this report. If true, it's a major downgrade for all of the Colts fantasy players. Collins lacks accuracy and mobility at this stage of his career.

Related: Kerry Collins

Woah.

I don't have a single Colt on my roster this year.

What a nightmare.

Woah.

I don't have a single Colt on my roster this year.

What a nightmare.

Me neither...and its by design. ;)

Got Dallas Clark. I know Collins likes to throw deep but doesn't Collins go to the TE frequently when the deep ball isn't there? I'm thinking of still starting Dallas.

Assuming this is true, after week 1, the longest active streak for starts by a QB will be...

Eli Manning. :unsure:

Guy took him in the 4th round today at my draft. His exact quote, "I'll take the risk, Peyton Mannimg." I took Romo one pick later. :music_guitarred:

I felt he was worth the gamble in the 5th rd. Guess all the hype around Matt Stafford better be true or else I am screwed. I already had Rashad Jennings go to IR, Chris Johnson signed so it makes my pick of Ringer unnecessary. I could use a little luck now. Or a draft that's a week later...

I have one colt on my roster....

Kerry Collins as my backup :music_guitarred:

Assuming this is true, after week 1, the longest active streak for starts by a QB will be...

Eli Manning. :unsure:

Just grabbed Kerry Collins in my 2 QB league. There are teams out there without two starting QB's, can you say TRADE BAIT!!!

I felt he was worth the gamble in the 5th rd. Guess all the hype around Matt Stafford better be true or else I am screwed. I already had Rashad Jennings go to IR, Chris Johnson signed so it makes my pick of Ringer unnecessary. I could use a little luck now. Or a draft that's a week later...

It could be worse. A guy in my big money league took P. Manning and Cassel. If Cassel doesn't go with the cracked rib, he doesn't have a QB for week one since we don't allow pickups after the draft unless you lose a guy you took who get's put on IR.

Why couldn't I be playing that guy week 1!!!

How long before Favre is throwing TD passes to Wayne and Co.?

I was thinking about that or even the Colts giving up a lot to convince the bengals to trade Palmer.

I was thinking about that or even the Colts giving up a lot to convince the bengals to trade Palmer.

The thing is the machine is built, they just need a competent driver. I would be there's some Favre talk going on as we speak. All is has to do is come out and sling. All the tools are there, he just needs to show.

Now that is an interesting thought....although what kind of shape is Palmer even in....shouldn't they have been going after him instead of Collins?

The thing is the machine is built, they just need a competent driver. I would be there's some Favre talk going on as we speak. All is has to do is come out and sling. All the tools are there, he just needs to show.

Bull crap! Peyton is the machine and the Colts might have the 1st pick of the draft next year. I bet they won't go without drafting a QB high next year.

This news came out focking minutes before my draft and I didn't see it until now :wall:. Drafted Dallas Clark however I picked JerMichael Finley in the next round ;).

Colts president Bill Polian cannot confirm a report that Peyton Manning will need another procedure on his neck.

"I don't know anything about that," said Polian. "I honestly don't." We're still awaiting confirmation on the original report. SI.com's Peter King has joined Adam Schefter in the belief that Kerry Collins will start the opener regardless. King spoke with an authority on Manning's neck surgery, who explained that the recovery is all about nerve regeneration. "You can't rush Mother Nature," King says.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?r=1

Calling BS. Anything really think the team president isn't fully up to date on every detail of Manning's life right now? Guy probably gets mid-day briefings on what Manning's eating for breakfast, but isn't up to date on the status of his neck?

If he had just come out and denied it, I might have been a little more inclined to believe him, because honestly I'm not putting a ton of stock in one radio host's twitter account. But the fact that he's feigning ignorance, and not denying or confirming anything, tells me there's a lot of smoke here.

Me neither...and its by design. ;)

I didn't want the risk and we drafted back on Aug 21st. You know the Colts aren't going to volunteer anything (and honestly who would blame them) so you can't take the chance.

I avoided 'em like The Bengals.

Exactly what I did. I wanted no focking part of the Bengals at all.

Bull crap! Peyton is the machine and the Colts might have the 1st pick of the draft next year. I bet they won't go without drafting a QB high next year.

This news came out focking minutes before my draft and I didn't see it until now :wall:. Drafted Dallas Clark however I picked JerMichael Finley in the next round ;).

I agree it's Peyton that makes the Colts offense what it is. They're NOTHING without him.

I'm a little curious why you went back to back TE though? :unsure:

The machine, OC, Head Coach and driver is Peyton Manning. You can't just throw someone in there who can play. You need Manning. He's a Hall of Famer.

Calling BS. Anything really think the team president isn't fully up to date on every detail of Manning's life right now? Guy probably gets mid-day briefings on what Manning's eating for breakfast, but isn't up to date on the status of his neck?

If he had just come out and denied it, I might have been a little more inclined to believe him, because honestly I'm not putting a ton of stock in one radio host's twitter account. But the fact that he's feigning ignorance, and not denying or confirming anything, tells me there's a lot of smoke here.

Polian can't confirm or deny that???

Yeah, right.

I'm calling BS too. He know's exactly what's up. He's not talking, so I'd bet anything Manning is going under the knife again.

Just grabbed Kerry Collins in my 2 QB league. There are teams out there without two starting QB's, can you say TRADE BAIT!!!

Who is going to trade for Kerry Collins?!?!?

Why are you drafting back-to-back TE's that early??

Why would Indy bring in another QB after they paid Collins that fat check? That doesn't make any sense. If this is true, it'll be Collins as long as the game is competitive, then Painter if its a blowout either way.

Rotoworld already took down the report that Peyton is out indefinitely, and Chris Mortensen has said no new procedures are planned for Peyton Manning.

I didn't want the risk and we drafted back on Aug 21st. You know the Colts aren't going to volunteer anything (and honestly who would blame them) so you can't take the chance.

Exactly what I did. I wanted no focking part of the Bengals at all.

I agree it's Peyton that makes the Colts offense what it is. They're NOTHING without him.

I'm a little curious why you went back to back TE though? :unsure:

Who is going to trade for Kerry Collins?!?!?

Why are you drafting back-to-back TE's that early??

8 man league, TE and RB/WR/TE flex in a ppr. It was 6th and 7th round.

Rotoworld already took down the report that Peyton is out indefinitely, and Chris Mortensen has said no new procedures are planned for Peyton Manning now.

Fixed. That was a key word in Mortensen's post. He did say that Manning is being evaluated by several doctors because his recovery is going abnormally slow. They could very well tell Peyton that another procedure would be in his best interests, and I'm sure that's why Mortensen is leaving that door open.

Holy sh*t...if this were to happen, I'd flat out jizz myself. I'm a huge Palmer/Bengals fan living in Indianapolis. Sigh, just a pipe dream.

Does this make the Houston DEF a top 5 start this week?

I am platooning Detroit & Houston this year and Houston is up to the plate week 1

This FOCKING sucks!!!!!!!!!

What a way to start the FF season... Only thing that will make me happy now is if all the TOP 6 RB's blow there knees out in the first quarter this weekend..

I have Fitzpatrick as my starting FOCKING QB now in 16 team league!!! Did I say FOCK!!!!

Any of you follow Mort on Twitter? If so, please decipher his latest post. Looks like he said ESPN radio just reported a new surgery. I don't understand Twitter 'speak'.

This is awesome. I took Peyton in the sixth and romO was already gone so it was Peyton or schaub. Good thing I took matt Ryan as my backup this may save my season if the rumors are true. I knew he was a risk but this is crazy.

Manning's Status in Doubt; Another Surgery Needed?

Twitter updates from JMV Sunday night get national attention

by 1070thefan.com

9/5/2011

One week prior to the Indianapolis Colts season opener at Houston, the status of quarterback Peyton Manning remains in doubt.

Sunday night social media, particularly Twitter, was abuzz in reaction to two updates sent by JMV of 1070 The Fan.

Those "tweets" read:

- Been told by multi sources that QB P Manning needs a 2nd neck procedure. Will remain out indefinitely.Called #colts and waiting on response.

- I'm not trying to be a newsbreaker. Never cared for that. I thought you would like to know. seems to be solid. If I'm wrong U can torch me.

JMV's updates were quickly "re-tweeted" around the country, and other reporters began to check with their sources. Some of their tweets:

Peter King of Sports Illustrated:

- Colts president Bill Polian to me tonight on reports Peyton needs second neck surgery: "I don't know anything about that. I honestly don't."

Chris Mortensen of ESPN:

- No 2nd surgery/procedure for Manning is planned, as of now. He's getting multiple opinions still waiting for answers on slow progress.

- As when Colts signed Kerry Collins for $4 million, team did not believe PM would be ready for opener. Barring miracle, that's more evident

- Talking to sources, obviously varying opinions. One possibility is scar tissue trapping inflammation/nerves but no consensus. on that.

About an hour prior to JMV's original tweet, Colts owner Jim Irsay sent this update, which some Twitter users interpreted as confirmation that Manning will indeed miss playing time.

- Thou Jim L muddered those famous words n Apollo 13..I like,n the movie,Ed Harris declared "Excuse me sir,I think this will b r finest hour."

Shortly after midnight Monday morning, Irsay acknowledged the rumors with this update:

- There is nothing2say on Peyton's status except we move cautiously n deliberately on projecting,beyond day2day,his healing process n recovery

In addition to Twitter, bloggers began writing Sunday evening in response to the reports and rumors.

- Mike Freeman, CBSSports.com: Colts worried but no extra surgery for Manning

- Andy Behrens, Yahoo.com: Totally unconfirmed report: Peyton Manning may need additional surgery

Stay tuned to 1070 The Fan for the latest information on this developing story.

Let's see, I did a Pros vs. Joes draft in late July, the day after the lockout ended and before I had done any projections. See if you spot the trend:

Charles

MJD

Wayne

Welker

Manning

Daniel Thomas

Zach Miller

Steve Smith - CAR

Ryan Williams

Jerome Simpson

Malcom Floyd

Montario Hardesty

Darren Sproles

Thomas Jones

Ravens

James Jones

Kyle Orton

Mark Clayton

Javon Ringer

Henery

Jamie Harper

Hightower

Kendricks

Cotchery

Scheffler

Jags

Hint: The pain in Manning's neck is similar to the headache I just got typing this team in. How often can you say before the season starts that your 22nd and 23rd round picks might save your season?

As someone who is paid to read deception for a living, the "I honestly don't." addition says more than a denial. He is, at a minimum, concerned that Manning may need another procedure.