Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Jamaal Charles Handcuff

The handcuff is Thomas Jones. Mccluster is a specialty guy.

i would probably argue McCluster... If Charles goes down, I think McCluster fills his role and Jones stays the same.

i would probably argue McCluster... If Charles goes down, I think McCluster fills his role and Jones stays the same.

I agree with this. I think this all has to do with who has the higher ceiling. We haven't even scratched the surface of McCluster yet. Jones on the other hand, well we know exactly what he brings to the table. It'd more likely just become an RBBC with McCluster being the one you want to own.

I agree with this. I think this all has to do with who has the higher ceiling. We haven't even scratched the surface of McCluster yet. Jones on the other hand, well we know exactly what he brings to the table. It'd more likely just become an RBBC with McCluster being the one you want to own.

I would agree with this and basically what we're saying is there isn't really a "handcuff" to Charles. In my eyes McCluster is going to have more fantasy value than Jones as long as Charles stays healthy. If Charles goes down, Jones, McCluster and Le'Ron McClain would all see increased opportunities but none would be more than a RB3 in any given week.

I would agree with this and basically what we're saying is there isn't really a "handcuff" to Charles. In my eyes McCluster is going to have more fantasy value than Jones as long as Charles stays healthy. If Charles goes down, Jones, McCluster and Le'Ron McClain would all see increased opportunities but none would be more than a RB3 in any given week.

Unless it's PPR , then McCluster's value is way up.

Anyone concerned about charles this season. Kc offense looks turrbull. How would you rank these players: charles, cj, lesean mccoy, mcfadden, mendy.

The handcuff is Thomas Jones. Mccluster is a specialty guy.

What does Jones specialize in?

If Charles goes down I don't think there really is a KC back you would want. They would all suck.

thomas jones no longer has what it takes ...!!!

mc cluster i dont see a 5'8'' 170 lbs. back lasting very long

all signs point to there fullback leron mc clain ???

This is actually a good question, and I've been waiting for someone to bring this up. Truth is, McClain is nothing more than a GL back. He's posted sub 4YPC through-out his career. If anything, McClain will step in for Jones as the GL back once he starts to wear down (which is very likely). McClain can only eat into Jones's carries, not McClusters.

Neither are particularly appealing, but if one is to explode and turn into something real it would most likely be McClain. He's done well before in a featured role. McCluster is so tiny, and not as fast as Jamaal Charles. He'll be okay, kind of like a really poor man's Reggie Bush when Reggie Bush was decent. Probably best to stay away from this whole mess.

Don't sleep on McClain, he's a capable runner with underrated hands.

yup that's what i'm thinking i'm not gonna waste a waiver wire spot..sit back & then pounce on mc clain like a detroit tiger..!!!

This is actually a good question, and I've been waiting for someone to bring this up. Truth is, McClain is nothing more than a GL back. He's posted sub 4YPC through-out his career. If anything, McClain will step in for Jones as the GL back once he starts to wear down (which is very likely). McClain can only eat into Jones's carries, not McClusters.

agreed, but i only see mccluster only getting a few more touches a game than he does now. You have to love his play making ability, but he fumbled twice last week, and falls down if you breathe on him. Long term he has to be more of an assets out of the backfield than split out if he wants to make for of an impact for the chiefs, and your fantasy team.

IMO you want neither

thomas jones no longer has what it takes ...!!!

mc cluster i dont see a 5'8'' 170 lbs. back lasting very long

all signs point to there fullback leron mc clain ???

the chiefs will spit carries between the two. I see jones having the higher fantasy value. McCluster will be used as a "poor mans" Javid Best and catch screens etc. McClain might turn into a nice goalline back... but can KC even get in the redzone?

the chiefs will spit carries between the two. I see jones having the higher fantasy value. McCluster will be used as a "poor mans" Javid Best and catch screens etc. McClain might turn into a nice goalline back... but can KC even get in the redzone?

True, and can they stay in a close game???? blown out twice already. This kills any semblance of a running attack

I had TJ on my bench already before the injury and am not looking for anything great. I think at the start it's going to be a timeshare between TJ/McClain with McCluster getting 3rd down duties. Hopefully TJ or McClain will separate from the other so there's some value to be had.

Now that I've got him on my team, I'll let you all know, Thomas Jones is the back to own from K.C. in both standard and ppr scoring formats.

True, and can they stay in a close game???? blown out twice already. This kills any semblance of a running attack

This is why the only RB I would want to own is McCluster in PPR as a flex play/bye week fill in, that's it. He's got great hands and will be in on quite a few passing downs. He was getting 10 touches (5 receptions) even before Charles went down. You'd have to assume that his role would expand, even if it's only a little. In this situation it's all about upside. Look at Thomas Jones, he's on the wrong side of 30, coming off one of his worst years and he plays for KC. At the very least it's between McClain and McCluster.

Drafted Jones. Have a waiver in for McCluster.

I actually started Jones in the flex last week. I think he is the main benificiary (sp?) with Charles out ... but KC looks really bad so far. I think Jones has value for the next 9 or 10 weeks as a flex starter, or low end #2. I don't see why he couldn't put up 1,000 yards and 7 TDs this year.

Thomas Jones is the back to own from K.C. in both standard and ppr scoring formats.

"The back to own in KC" is kinda like "military intelligence" and "jumbo shrimp"; there just really is no such thing.

"The back to own in KC" is kinda like "military intelligence" and "jumbo shrimp"; there just really is no such thing.

When you're desperate just to have a running back on your team to fill in for bye weeks, Thomas Jones will do for me. I don't expect anything special from him.