Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Calvin Johnson = GOAT

That and Minnesota couldn't have made it any easier when they started singling him up for some reason

Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, etc..etc..

:dunno:

Calvin > guys u named

Because a handful of games? I would even put Fitz in that group. Calvin needs to prove a lot still.

Calvin > guys u named

Someone get this youngn a doctor. Or some video tape. Anyone has potential to be the GOAT, but thats all it is. Jerry Rice is the current GOAT only position where there is no debate. 1. go look up some tape on the guy, he used to play for the niners. 2. go check the record books. 3. see me in 20 years with Megatrons stats and then we'll talk.

Calvin > guys u named

You're not too bright, are ya?

Have fun with your little fishing expedition, Percy.

Your telling me that he isn't bigger,stronger,faster,jumps higher the Rice? Rice run better routes but that about it. I'm saying physically he is the best WR to ever step on a football field.

Potentially the greatest ever IMO. The guy is more of a freak then Moss.

You are a freaking retard.

Give him a break, he's probably like 12 years old

12 year olds have no excuse anymore.. They have YouTube. Besides... This guy is clearly fishing. NOBODY puts Jerry Rice in the corner. Nobody.

I nearly fainted when Jerry Rices name came up in this thread. Avg 10 tds a year for 20 years...ok, ok, thats a little silly (Rice did it.). How bout this, Just play for 15 yrs at wr and still be regarded as an impact player during the last 5. Still ridiculous? Ok, I should just quit, its a slap in jerrys face to even argue his status as top wr. Just having a questioning tone in the inflection of a thought about a debate is like stepping on his name.

Anyway, about calvin...Hes amazing, but hes got a ways to go to even catch Moss or even T.O in status and total package greatness. He kind of dissapears then gets 2 tds alot of the time. I know im nitpicking but still. Him and Fitz are the 2 guys im watching to take the wr mantle of top 5 someday.

calling Calvin the GOAT at this point is one of the most hilarious things i have ever heard.

but i do think Calvin is the most physically gifted. An absolute beast.

but he has a long way to go to even be better than someone like Torry Holt. Let alone Wayne, Harrison, Moss and ofcourse, Jerry focking Rice.

How? that statement is legit. Your telling me he isn't more of a freak then moss?

Yes, that is what I am telling you.

I'm saying physically he is the best WR to ever step on a football field.

so now you're basing 'GOAT' on physical attributes?

hmm, tell me..

where's David Boston these days?

I'd agree that Calvin Johnson = GPSTPWROAL

Greatest Physical Specimen To Play Wide Receiver of All Time

Bigger, Faster, and better at going up and getting a ball than Moss IMO. Only time will tell how far he takes it.

I'd also like to add that Calvin with Montana and Young at QB is a scary thought.

OP is premature? Absolutely. Crazy? I wouldn't go that far.

The OP said potentially.

I agree 100%. He is bigger strong faster better than anyone else on the field at any given time.

If he has the desire and stays healthy, he will SMASH some records starting this year with the TD record.......

I used to say, if he was on the Patriots he would beat Moss's TD record. He may do it with Stafford. He is pretty damn awesome. It is nice to see he can actually get the opportunity to play with a real QB for a change.

I'd agree that Calvin Johnson = GPSTPWROAL

Greatest Physical Specimen To Play Wide Receiver of All Time

Bigger, Faster, and better at going up and getting a ball than Moss IMO. Only time will tell how far he takes it.

I'd also like to add that Calvin with Montana and Young at QB is a scary thought.

OP is premature? Absolutely. Crazy? I wouldn't go that far.

THIS^^^^

Potentially the greatest ever IMO. The guy is more of a freak then Moss.

No, and Moss is not the greatest of all time either.

Jerry Rice

I nearly fainted when Jerry Rices name came up in this thread. Avg 10 tds a year for 20 years...ok, ok, thats a little silly (Rice did it.). How bout this, Just play for 15 yrs at wr and still be regarded as an impact player during the last 5. Still ridiculous? Ok, I should just quit, its a slap in jerrys face to even argue his status as top wr. Just having a questioning tone in the inflection of a thought about a debate is like stepping on his name.

Anyway, about calvin...Hes amazing, but hes got a ways to go to even catch Moss or even T.O in status and total package greatness. He kind of dissapears then gets 2 tds alot of the time. I know im nitpicking but still. Him and Fitz are the 2 guys im watching to take the wr mantle of top 5 someday.

OMG 10 tds a year wow that's crazy...CALVIN HAS 6 IN 3 GAMES!!! Calvin doesn't have Montana and Young and when Stafford is healthy look at his numbers. When Calvin was coming into the league every scout raved that they have never seen a more physically gifted WR.

Calvin is more physically gifted than Moss.. sorry Moss fans. Moss was a freak but Calvin is a freak^2.

Rice is of course the GOAT WR.

OMG 10 tds a year wow that's crazy...CALVIN HAS 6 IN 3 GAMES!!! Calvin doesn't have Montana and Young and when Stafford is healthy look at his numbers. When Calvin was coming into the league every scout raved that they have never seen a more physically gifted WR.

Everything not crossed out in this post is a perfectly respectable or factual statement. The 6 td part is a fact that has no bearing on the rest of the post.

All said, I want and hope for Calvin to break moss td record this year.

How many different Qbs did Tim Brown have? How many of them were studs?Yet he still produced. Rice not only was in a great system but he had 2 of the best throwing to him. Look at Moss with Oakland then look at him with Brady. Look at Fitz last year and then look at him with Warner or Kolb. Look at Steve Smith without Newton look at him now. I can go on and on.

Wayne hasn't done much without Manning

Marshal with Cutler and now without out. With cutler 100 catches,7-10 tds and 1,100 to 1,300 yards without 80 catches and 3Tds.

S.Rice was a STUD with Favre and now he has Jackson. How different would Rice career # be with Favre instead of Jackson? 80 catches, 1,300 yards and 8 Tds will never be seen with Jackson as his QB. Is it Rices fault his QB sucks?

Mile Austin with Romo in 4 games he had 31 catches and 470 yards after losing Romo it took Austin 10 games to get 30 catches and only 350 yards. THATS A CRAZY DROP OFF.

Collie without Manning is god awful with he's a stud.

Roddy White...

WINNING...

I don't see how you can even compare Rice and Megatron as they played in two totally different eras. When Rice played a DB could actually defend a wr and the league hadn't gone to the arena football scoring system yet. I love both guys and from a purely physical standpoint there is no comparison, Megatron is far more athletic. From a purely impact standpoint on thier given positions and overall body of work it's a slam dunk for Rice. It's way too early to even start comparisons as Megatron would need at least another decade of production to even be mentioned in the same breath as Jerry. Reminds me of the Kobe is better than MJ arguements I hear too. <_<

CALVIN HAS 6 IN 3 GAMES!!!

Jerry Rice had 5 TDs in one game. Moss had at least 4.

HTH

Fun thread though.

I don't see how you can even compare Rice and Megatron as they played in two totally different eras. When Rice played a DB could actually defend a wr and the league hadn't gone to the arena football scoring system yet. I love both guys and from a purely physical standpoint there is no comparison, Megatron is far more athletic. From a purely impact standpoint on thier given positions and overall body of work it's a slam dunk for Rice. It's way too early to even start comparisons as Megatron would need at least another decade of production to even be mentioned in the same breath as Jerry. Reminds me of the Kobe is better than MJ arguements I hear too. <_<

Though I agree there is no comparison i think saying megatron is far more athletic is completely false. Rice is one of the greatest athletes of all time. CJ is taller but overall athleticism rice is right there. CJ is about 10 years away from being in the discussion and i guarentee injuries will prevent CJ from playing anywhere near the games rice played. Whats next fred jackson is the best rb in the league?

Jerry Rice had 5 TDs in one game. Moss had at least 4.

HTH

Fun thread though.

Not to mention Rice had 22 TD's over 12 games in the shortened 1987 season. 1.83 TD's per. also averaged about 10 more yards receiving per game than Calvin has this year. So yes, if Calvin can keep up his absurd pace for the entire season (or for 12 games to be fair), then he will have ONE season on par with ONE of rice's seasons.

I'm saying physically he is the best WR to ever step on a football field.

David Boston was stronger and faster than Calvin but it doesn't make him a better receiver. Come back when Calvin has put up this kind of production for 15 years then we can start to discuss him in the same breath as Rice.