Sign in to follow this  
BREWSTER_MIL

Ryan Grant - Out Week 4

I don't want to spread rumors but someone said they heard that he was out on a local radio station in Milwaukee. Can anyone confirm this?

Out for this week most likely...Out for the year..No

Ryan Grant (bruised kidney) missed practice again on Thursday.There are mixed signals coming out of Green Bay regarding Grant's chances of playing in Week 4. He's been nonchalant about the injury while coach Mike McCarthy has suggested that a week of rest will likely be in order. A motivated James Starks would take on RB2 value against the Broncos if Grant is held out. Sep 29 - 1:23 PM

Rub some dirt on that bruised internal organ and get back out there ya puss!

I think the injury is more serious then meets the eye.

Internal organ damage are serious matter and should not be taken lightly.

My guess is, if he doesn't come back next week be prepare for an extended outage.

I think the injury is more serious then meets the eye.

Internal organ damage are serious matter and should not be taken lightly.

My guess is, if he doesn't come back next week be prepare for an extended outage.

Agreed. They have to rest him this week. It's not worth long term health issues for him to play when they can put Starks and Green out there, especially when Denver's the opponent, but even if it were a playoff game. The guy's health just isn't worth what he can bring to a game outside of what their other RBs already bring. It would be irresponsible of GB to play him.

Agreed. They have to rest him this week. It's not worth long term health issues for him to play when they can put Starks and Green out there, especially when Denver's the opponent, but even if it were a playoff game. The guy's health just isn't worth what he can bring to a game outside of what their other RBs already bring. It would be irresponsible of GB to play him.

also its just a pain in the A$$ to have both rostered and neither doing $hit...

This actually may be the week I do play one of them!! :overhead:

Spoken like a true Starks owner! :thumbsup: I also own him so I agree they need to rest Grant.. for at least 6 weeks.. :banana:

Spoken like a true Starks owner! :thumbsup: I also own him so I agree they need to rest Grant.. for at least 6 weeks.. :banana:

Truer words have never been spoken! :cheers:

Haha, that is true, but I also traded him in my other league in a deal to "upgrade" to Reggie Bush. I also included Sproles in that deal to "upgrade" to Bush. I would have been better off just trading Rivers for Felix and Fitzpatrick and not including the rest of those guys. So, obviously a little buyers remorse on including Starks (instead of say, Spiller, which I probably could have done too had I not justified because I have Starks in another league and convinced myself that Spiller had more upside :wall: ), so the better Starks does, the more I regret including him, and if Grant misses a lot of time, it'll just be worse for that part of the deal.

Haha, that is true, but I also traded him in my other league in a deal to "upgrade" to Reggie Bush. I also included Sproles in that deal to "upgrade" to Bush. I would have been better off just trading Rivers for Felix and Fitzpatrick and not including the rest of those guys. So, obviously a little buyers remorse on including Starks (instead of say, Spiller, which I probably could have done too had I not justified because I have Starks in another league and convinced myself that Spiller had more upside :wall: ), so the better Starks does, the more I regret including him, and if Grant misses a lot of time, it'll just be worse for that part of the deal.

Way to take one for the team man! :doublethumbsup:

Regardless of Grant's status, Starks needs to have a major rebound game from that abortion he posted last week or he will just find himself splitting time with the next scrub on the depth chart.

Based on?

Watching both play, albiet one was in college. :unsure:

But seriously, the reason I say that is based on their skill sets. Green Bay spreads it out and is a pass first offense. Similar to the Patriots, and also similar to....Hawaii...the offense that Green came from.

Starks is NOT a great pass catching RB. Green, by all accounts, should be and was in college a GREAT receiving RB. I forsee Starks being the first and second down back and Green being the spread offense and third down back.

Starks = BJGE

Green = Danny Woodhead

Not in how they look (size), but fantasy production and how they will be used. In PPR leagues Green may actually outproduce Starks Sunday.

But seriously, the reason I say that is based on their skill sets. Green Bay spreads it out and is a pass first offense. Similar to the Patriots, and also similar to....Hawaii...the offense that Green came from.

Starks is NOT a great pass catching RB. Green, by all accounts, should be and was in college a GREAT receiving RB. I forsee Starks being the first and second down back and Green being the spread offense and third down back.

Starks = BJGE

Green = Danny Woodhead

Not in how they look, but fantasy production and how they will be used. In PPR leagues Green may actually outproduce Starks Sunday.

Starks was not bad as a receiving back at Buffalo.

Not on Green's level...but again, different offenses.

I hope Green can outshine him...would be great for the Packer offense.

Just don't think it happens for a while.

Gary Coleman thinks Ryan Grant is a poosay.

Starks = BJGE

Green = Danny Woodhead

Not in how they look (size), but fantasy production and how they will be used. In PPR leagues Green may actually outproduce Starks Sunday.

i'm struggling to see this. all season grant was the running down guy and starks was the passing down back... you think now starks is going to do the running downs and green is going to take starks' role? just seems odd to me

i'm struggling to see this. all season grant was the running down guy and starks was the passing down back... you think now starks is going to do the running downs and green is going to take starks' role? just seems odd to me

That's because it is odd.

However, with that being said, Green has the ability to catch balls. So Noting that Green is a passing down sort of player...... when the occasion comes up when you have to give starks a rest (which will happen from time to time) are you going to insert Green when they want to run the ball, or when they want to pass the ball?

it is a legitimate question to ask. The problem is that we do not yet know the answer. (not for sure anyhow)

Green has the ability to catch balls. So Noting that Green is a passing down sort of player......

But can he pass block sack hungry NFL defensive players...NOT COLLEGE PLAYERS and protect AARON RODGERS on passing downs!?!?!

:bench:

I don't give a crap about what he did against college players who are not in the NFL. LONG LIVE STARKS THE GREAT!@@#$%^^&**

He's just tossing sh!t out there.

He's been on the Grant train all preseason and now when the show is finally over, he hops on A. Green. If you believe a word this guy say, you're just fooling yourself.

Starks = BJGE

Green = Danny Woodhead

Haha there's no way you just compared Starks to BGE. They literally have nothing in common. Two totally different running styles, two totally different roles. That is the joke statement of the week, congratulations. :clap: