Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Tim Tebow!

Tim Tebow is by far the worst QB in the NFL. Id be willing to say that every team has 2 or 3 QB each on their roster that are better than this guy. Heart and being a nice guy do not make you a good NFL QB sorry :nono:

John Fox has the offensive imagination of a shoebox. You put Tebow in the spread (shotgun) offense the first drive of the game. March down the feild, almost score a TD and get a FG.

Then you never go spread shotgun the rest of the game. :blink: The guy is clueless and pig headed.

<beastieboys> Listen all of y'all it's SABATOGE!@#! <beastieboys>

John Fox has the offensive imagination of a shoebox. You put Tebow in the spread (shotgun) offense the first drive of the game. March down the feild, almost score a TD and get a FG.

Then you never go spread shotgun the rest of the game. :blink: The guy is clueless and pig headed.

He must have been trying to sabotage Orton, too, since he is way more effective in the shotgun spread as well.

Because only Denver fans care if Denver loses or Tebow sucks. I couldn't care less how crappy of an "NFL QB" Tebow is. I don't even care how good of a FF QB he is, unless he's playing against my FF team, as I don't have him on any of mine. The only QB I care about being an actual good NFL QB is Matt Stafford. I'm a Lions fan...

I fail to see how that makes me any less of a football fan?

I dont suppose it does, since I didnt see you defending the buy because he has 16 points on a day where he got his ass kicked

He just wins

40% of the time

Do what?? OK tricky post with the 40% all the way to the right :nono:

I don't think Tebow is a NFL QB. His career completion percentage of 46% pretty much sums it up. JaMarcus Russell had a better completion percentage than that! That being said, his coaching staff did him no favors. That game plan did not utilize Tebow's strengths. I don't think he has very many as a QB but at least help the little fella out!

Do what?? OK tricky post with the 40% all the way to the right :nono:

He just wins

at Florida with the 17 players he played with that were drafted in the NFL

One of my bold predictions was Orton being traded before the end of the year and Quinn starting more games than Tebow this year. Still sticking to it, the second part. I think Tebow has another 2 - 3 starts left in him before they have to take him out to sling it.

Tebow is.... a way better FF QB than NFL QB.

I have him on my fantasy roster but honestly I didn't know much about him other than I thought he might help my team. Wasn't a fan of the Gators and don't care about his religion one way or the other. I have no idea if he will be be a good NFL quarterback but my BS detector is telling me the kid is getting a raw deal and I will always side with someone I feel is in that situation. This story I found online pretty much sums up my thoughts on Tebow.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/10/tim-tebow-double-standard-masks-this-reality-his-start-compares-favorably-with-that-of-numerous-hall-of-fame-qbs/

Interesting article, I like the kid and really want him to succeed.

Regretfully his accuracy and throwing motion are so poor, Fox may believe it's better to just start over.

I have him on my fantasy roster but honestly I didn't know much about him other than I thought he might help my team. Wasn't a fan of the Gators and don't care about his religion one way or the other. I have no idea if he will be be a good NFL quarterback but my BS detector is telling me the kid is getting a raw deal and I will always side with someone I feel is in that situation. This story I found online pretty much sums up my thoughts on Tebow.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/10/tim-tebow-double-standard-masks-this-reality-his-start-compares-favorably-with-that-of-numerous-hall-of-fame-qbs/

joe montana throwing to jerry rice and terrell owens couldn't have succeeded yesterday with the plays called by fox and the oc. most of the time, there were only 2 receivers in the routes, both double covered at the time. 2 and maybe 3 of the sacks were not because everyone was covered...it was because THEY BOTH, meaning only 2, were covered...no tight ends releasing, no rbs...nope..."hey tim, we're gonna show the world of tebow fans that you're gonna be on your a$$ most of the day so we look like we're right and they're wrong."

first drive, tebow made every pass and they were nfl accurate. decker had the td, but was more interested in the td leap into the crowd than getting his feet down. thomas had a couple hit him in his head right through his terrible hands. no rolling of the pocket, no more shotgun formation, no dump offs to the rbs...the play calling was downright dogsh**t.

we had very small expectations of fox when he arrived here based upon his downward spiral of the panther program. they set tebow up to fail yesterday in front of another sold out stadium of fans. 45 years of sellouts in mile high and that's the best john fox can give us. if we're gonna have another switch here, i'd rather see orton in place of fox. elway can get on his horse and ride the f&*k out also if he's not gonna act like a leader.

joe montana throwing to jerry rice and terrell owens couldn't have succeeded yesterday with the plays called by fox and the oc.

Montana would have just audibled out of the bad plays.

Montana would have just audibled out of the bad plays.

there aren't many good plays.

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

J

For those of us forced to use Tebow this week as Newton and Stafford hang out around the house, the Oakland D/ST is available in two-thirds of all leagues. A little Tebow insurance.

Unbelievable. When Orton was losing it was all on him. Now that Tebow loses it's the coach's fault, the OC's fault, the O-line's fault, the Defense's fault, yadda yadda yadda. It can't possibly be Tim's fault, because he is simply a "winner."

:(

For those of us forced to use Tebow this week as Newton and Stafford hang out around the house, the Oakland D/ST is available in two-thirds of all leagues. A little Tebow insurance.

"...And he goes in for his 5th rushing touchdown of the game! If there's such a thing as a switch between being a good football player and a poor one, then it would seem that Knowshon Moreno has found it today."

Unbelievable. When Orton was losing it was all on him. Now that Tebow loses it's the coach's fault, the OC's fault, the O-line's fault, the Defense's fault, yadda yadda yadda. It can't possibly be Tim's fault, because he is simply a "winner."

:(

I gotta agree here. Tebow sucks. Hes NOT an NFL QB by any stretch. Its not John Fox, its not the mile-high air, its just that Tebow sucks. Now, from strictly a fantasy perspective he MIGHT have some value due to the rushing stats and occasional big plays. Hes a bye-week fill-in at best and even thats reach since this week he screwed a lot of owners that started him. So, in a VERY deep league he *could* be worth rostering with the understanding that he cant be relied on.

You are correct though - Orton sucked and it was all him. Tebow sucks and its the Coachs fault. Right. :rolleyes:

Some of us live in the real world, where all things are never equal. We donn't live in a vacuum numbnuts.

Kyle Orton is/was a veteran, starting QB in the league, where the coaching staff named him the starter in pre-season. The coaching staff should have geared the offense around Orton. Orton had all the first team reps in the pre season, the first six weeks of the season, and all practices. Not to mention years of experience. Even with all of that, the Broncos struggled like hell.

What should happen when you have a QB change from a cemet footed, in the pocket passer, to an unorthodox, move with our feet, shotgun style QB is that the coaching staff should have the ability to adapt and gear the gameplan around the new QB.

They did for one drive (successful). Then abandoned it for the rest of the game for which I will never know.

Most Tebow "supporters" were never under the illusion he was a Pro-Bowl QB in his second year in the league. They simply thought (and still do) that why keep going nowhere with a veteran guy, when you can see what you have in the new guy. That's it. But it appears the coaching staff is inept and not committed to the new guy enough to put your player(s) in the best position to succeed. That last sentence (bolded) is the very definition of coaching.

"...And he goes in for his 5th rushing touchdown of the game! If there's such a thing as a switch between being a good football player and a poor one, then it would seem that Knowshon Moreno has found it today."

Tebow + Oakland D/ST = Six rushing TDs, five sacks, four INTs, three fumbles, two pick sixes and a partridge in a pear tree.

Tebow + Oakland D/ST = Six rushing TDs, five sacks, four INTs, three fumbles, two pick sixes and a partridge in a pear tree.

Way off topic here, but anybody else get the feeling that someday we'll be watching a press conference where Tebow comes out to the world? I always worry when people take the religious thing over the top, figure there's something to hide (It's a corollary to my "How come everyone finds religion in prison?" argument.). Then there's the abstinence thing. I mean c'mon, you're a 2 time nation champion and "The Chosen One"...I'd be cashing that check for every piece I could get. Then I heard him talk...the lisp and mannerisms was the clencher. It's just a matter of time.

Back on topic...the guy sucks from a QB perspective. The 4 games last year were an abberation. I don't think he's in the top 25 of QB's personally.

I don't think he's in the top 25 of QB's personally.

Fantasy wise he is top 25 due to running/TD's. :thumbsup:

Real world wise? Of course not. But neither is Blaine Gabbert or Christian Ponder. These are young guys who are getting their shot mid year to prove themselves. In Gabbert and Ponders case the front office and coaching staff are doing everything they can to support the young guy and put them in position to succeed. If it happens great, if not, at least they gave it (as an organization) the best chance they could this year. These teams aren't very good anyway.

I'll put it to you this way as a Carolina Panther fan who's had to sit through agonizing John Fox coaching/personel decisions. If Fox was still coach of the Panthers they probably would not have drafted Cam Newton. They would have traded the pick for a veteran guy who was average at best (i.e. Orton / Delhomme).

And if they did draft Cam Newton, he wouldn't have started game one. And if / when Cam finally did play, John Fox would not have geared the offense to his strenghts like Ron Rivera and his staff is doing. They would have inserted "their system" and made Newton adjust (despite his skill set) as opposed to the coaching staff adjusting to the skill set of their QB. That's how Fox rolls, and it's a reason he will never succeed in the NFL again.

Real world wise? Of course not. But neither is Blaine Gabbert or Christian Ponder. These are young guys who are getting their shot mid year to prove themselves. In Gabbert and Ponders case the front office and coaching staff are doing everything they can to support the young guy and put them in position to succeed. If it happens great, if not, at least they gave it (as an organization) the best chance they could this year. These teams aren't very good anyway.

I'll put it to you this way as a Carolina Panther fan who's had to sit through agonizing John Fox coaching/personel decisions. If Fox was still coach of the Panthers they probably would not have drafted Cam Newton. They would have traded the pick for a veteran guy who was average at best (i.e. Orton / Delhomme).

And if they did draft Cam Newton, he wouldn't have started game one. And if / when Cam finally did play, John Fox would not have geared the offense to his strenghts like Ron Rivera and his staff is doing. They would have inserted "their system" and made Newton adjust (despite his skill set) as opposed to the coaching staff adjusting to the skill set of their QB. That's how Fox rolls, and it's a reason he will never succeed in the NFL again.

I'm personally not a big John Fox fan. In fact I was shocked to hear that they modified the offensive system to more of a college style to fit Tebow. Seems like that turned out pretty well. Hell, the Lions players were quoted as bagging on Tebow by saying "this is your QB, seriously?" and crap like that.

Orton would have benefited from the shotgun spread as well. That's what he ran in college, too. I mean while we're changing our offenses to fit quarterbacks, why not do it for him as well.

fox has an offensive system that favors deangelo williams and a strong defense. unfortunately, the broncos don't have deangelo williams.

kyle orton had given up 3 games into this season. if you're not here watching games inside of the stadium, it's best you not comment or better yet, try to listen to those who are in the stadium and watching the stuff you can't see on tv or hear from the shark pool at the other site.

this system didn't give orton a chance either, but he sucks because he stopped caring. the staff worked all week on one drive? none of the plays and the formations that worked on drive one could have been utilized on drive 2? that's it?

So you can invent bad blood if you want. You can pretend. But if you want to know about the real mocking, take a look at what Denver coach John Fox did to Tebow. The play calls, and even the game plan. The whole thing made Fox look like a coach who had had enough of Tebow, and of Tebowmania. Fox isn’t buying into this guy, and never has.

He was all but pressured into playing Tebow at all. The cult following had been frenzied enough, but after Tebow’s heroic comeback a week ago, well, that put everything over the top. Fans were dropping to a knee at the airport, the grocery store, the mall to honor a QB, and an entire belief system. Fox had to give in.

But a boss’ job is to put his workers in position to succeed. Fox seemed more interested in putting an end to the craziness. The Broncos coaches want out from underneath the Tebow burden.

The word “sabotage’’ keeps coming to mind. At the very least, Fox was handing Tebow the rope to hang himself with. When the game was already decided, the bigger the blowout, the stronger the message.

“He started out pretty efficiently, went down and scored a would-be touchdown that was denied (when officials ruled the play out of bounds), had a field goal, and then basically went into hibernation for about nine series,’’ Fox said. “The game was out of hand.’’

Who went into hibernation? Look, Tebow isn’t good enough now to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. The Broncos aren’t good enough to be a team in the NFL, either. So these are the early steps, the baby steps a quarterback has to take. The coaches need to actually help their baby QB with those steps.

When Tebow was in college, I never really thought he’d be much as a pro. He just didn’t have the right style, running out of trouble all the time, and using that goofy throwing motion better-suited for a baseball pitcher than a quarterback. But former Broncos coach, Josh McDaniels felt differently and picked Tebow in the first round. As you know, McDaniels was gone by the end of last year, and his big chance on Tebow was put off on the next coach, Fox.

The Tebow phenomenon is a mom-and-pop moment in a cynical sports world. People aren’t used to all this open religious belief, and are even suspicious of it. We have been conditioned not to believe in goody-two shoes anymore. How many times have we been burned for trusting in the wholesomeness of an athlete?

Some people believe in him with their own religious fervor. Others are just waiting for, even hoping for, him to turn up with a hooker and cocaine.

He is the football embodiment of red states vs. blue states.

His personal style, and his playing style are not the prototype. We have to have a prototype. He is fantasy. His motion is wrong, his accuracy non-existent. People think there is just one way to do things.

Tebow might not make it. But if he’s going to create a new model for quarterback, then you won’t know what you have until you put him on the field and find out. Until Sunday, he has looked bad, but won.

So when Fox says that Tebow started well, but went into hibernation, that was interesting. The Broncos started in a spread offense with Tebow in the shotgun. It’s the perfect way to let Tebow be Tebow. He should be in the shotgun on almost every play.

He took the Broncos down so easily on that drive. And then. . .they stopped using the spread offense.

“We tried to get back to that after halftime,’’ receiver Eric Decker said. “Maybe we did get away from it a little bit.’’

Fox put Tebow in a much more traditional and un-Tebow-like offense the rest of the half. That’s when Tebow seemed to go into hibernation.

“I’m trying to make an effort to do exactly how I’m taught, depending on what play, depending on what down and distance, and trying to be smart and really step up,’’ Tebow said. “(Detroit has) a very good line, so I’m trying to get up in the pocket as much as possible.’’

You can’t turn him into Joe Montana. It will never work. Maybe nothing will.

Throughout the game, there were just some strange calls that didn’t put Tebow where it would be best for Tebow to be. A big third-and-2, and instead of letting him run up the middle himself, he threw a strange pass downfield, and then another pass on fourth down.

With less than 30 seconds left in the half, instead of running out the clock, Tebow then dropped back into the shotgun from the Denver 20.

With six minutes left in the game, and the Broncos down 45-10, Fox started using his timeouts.

Why not just let Tebow’s misery end?

“Well,’’ Fox said, “last week it was 15.’’

Who knows what that meant. It was his full answer. Last week, Tebow was horrible the whole game, and then worked miracles with two touchdowns in the final couple minutes. It might have been the worst thing that could have happened to Fox.

To be clear, I’m not saying that Tebow would have won the game if Fox had been on his side. He might have been just as awful. It’s just that the point of a coach should be to try to help along his young quarterback not send a message to his followers that their hero isn’t ready yet, and might never be.

“He’s a work in progress,’’ Fox said.

We got that. Tebow, with that long wind-up, had one ball stripped from behind and run in for a touchdown. On a mere 8-yard pass, he threw so off-target that the ball went behind his receiver, and behind the defender covering him. It was intercepted and returned 100 yards for a touchdown.

Tebow Terrible. Get off your knees. Message sent.

article

maybe sports writers see things too aside from those of you who parrot merrill hodge and shark pool tebow haters. this team sucks and it starts with lack of leadership from john elway and an arrogant coach who had a point to prove.

if you're not here watching games inside of the stadium, it's best you not comment or better yet, try to listen to those who are in the stadium and watching the stuff you can't see on tv or hear from the shark pool at the other site.

These guys were int he stadium too. That's a real brain trust you got us trying to listen to.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7173302/tebowmania-pictures

Profootballtalk.com’s Mike Florio on Tim Tebow: “It’s easy to say that he’s a work in progress. But not every unfinished painting becomes a masterpiece. Tebow, once fully developed, could be a .500 quarterback at best.”

Undisclosed Lions defender to Yahoo! Sports’ Michael Silver on Tebow: “Can you believe ’15’? Come on – that’s embarrassing. I mean, it’s a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn’t do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, ‘Come on – that’s your quarterback? Seriously?’”

Source:: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/39182/131/reading-rob-ryans-mail?pg=2

Worth a read. Lot of interesting fantasy football nuggets--not all about Tebow, fwiw.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/34680/time-for-elway-to-think-post-tebow

There's hundreds of people posting ____________ > Tebow jokes in the comments section of this article. It's going viral and getting out of control.

Wow. This is still going non-stop.

Here's a few gems from the last 2 minutes:

Taylor Martinez throwing motion>Tebow

Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon > tebow

Laveranues Coles' childhood > Tebow

Stewart Scott's drooping eyelid > tebow

Kardashian wedding vows > Tebow

RyanLeaf>Tebow

casey anthony babysitting > tebow

Eli Manning's sippy cup > Tebow

Stat of the Week: According to ESPN Stats & Info, Tim Tebow’s 3.4 in Week 8 is the lowest Total QBR of any quarterback with at least 50 action plays in a single game since 2008. Tebow’s Total QBR has declined significantly in each of his five career starts (83.3, 58.5, 31.2, 16.4, 3.4).

Stat of the Week: According to ESPN Stats & Info, Tim Tebow’s 3.4 in Week 8 is the lowest Total QBR of any quarterback with at least 50 action plays in a single game since 2008. Tebow’s Total QBR has declined significantly in each of his five career starts (83.3, 58.5, 31.2, 16.4, 3.4).

Stats like that concern me because while they're meaningless as far as Tebow's rushing potential (not factored into QB ratings naturally), it still gives Denver management public justification to bench Tebow. He's clearly not going to get the grace period of a typical rookie, a whole season to prove himself, nor will be allowed time to develop since so many believe that he never will improve.

Stats like that concern me because while they're meaningless as far as Tebow's rushing potential (not factored into QB ratings naturally), it still gives Denver management public justification to bench Tebow. He's clearly not going to get the grace period of a typical rookie, a whole season to prove himself, nor will be allowed time to develop since so many believe that he never will improve.

Actually ESPN's Total QBR stat does account for runs by the qb.