Sign in to follow this  
deadreckoning

which pro team has the "worst" fans?

Patriot fans. Really any from boston.

I'm surprised Boston fans weren't the opening suggestion nor has received more votes. I find them to be far more obnoxious and clueless than any other fan out there.

Packer fans. Not close. In fact my disdain for the packers doesn't really come from the team itself. I admit I actually really like rodgers and Matthews. It is their fans -- so handsome and so smart.... mouths always so full of teeth :mad: -- that make me hate the team .

:cheers:

I'm surprised Boston fans weren't the opening suggestion nor has received more votes. I find them to be far more obnoxious and clueless than any other fan out there.

Worse than Eagles fans?

The Eagles fans have been brutal forever.

The Patriots had decade upon decade of futility to the point of irrelevance. They should be allowed to be obnoxious now since they've become a real franchise. They had a long dark era, so I give them a pass. It would be like if the Lions become a real franchise. They get a pass because they've been pitiful for so so long.

Nice work as far as trolling posts go, you scored a 10 out of 10. Pretty generic post inviting a flame of any fan from another team that did you wrong or acted stupid in front of you.

So far we have established that you cant root for a team unless you have been there. Really? The internet, Cable/Satellite TV, road games all dont count?

So yeah this thread looks like its full of fail.

So far we have established that you cant root for a team unless you have been there. Really? The internet, Cable/Satellite TV, road games all dont count?

Let me guess: Cowboys or Pats fan?

This is absolute bullsh1t. You're saying that people that dont live in pittsburgh dont deserve to be steeler fans, even if they've been fans since they were kids?

Talk about a homer superiority complex. I vote that the team with the worst fans, is the team that this guy is a fan of.

All I'll say is, I'm not a fan of my hometown team. And just because I dont conform and like the team that everyone else in my city likes, does NOT mean I am not a true fan.

Well put, especially when your "hometown" doesn't have a team. In fact, it may make you more of a fan for not confirming and inviting the abuse from the other sheep that follow along blindly.

Baseball - Yankees, hands down, Red Sox close second.

"We win lots of titles!" Of course you do you ignorant tvvat, you spend twice as much as anyone else.

Basketball - Lakers. Just h0m0s mostly.

Hockey - Red Wings. They act so smug about being awesome at a sport nobody gives a fock about.

Football - Cowboys, not even close. That "America's Team" crap is what did it.

College football (I know, not pro, but still) Notre Dame. Fock them. Join a conference you piece of sh!t.

In fact, in this part of the country (I live in Nashville) I have decided that if you meet a fan of either the Irish, the Yankees, the Sox, or the Boys, they are automatically presumed to be a d00sh until proven otherwise.

My favorite lame ass excuse is for Notre Dame "I like them because I'm Catholic." :rolleyes: Really? Like all those Baptist Baylor fans I see around here? Are all those large dreadlocked black men Catholic too? Phags. :thumbsdown:

Seahawk fans

The 12th man is BS, i've heard Texas high school football games that were louder.

They still ###### about the refs in the Super Bowl.

For the last several years Hasselbeck was the problem, now that he is with the Titans and suceeding, they complain about him going for the money.

The "Beast Mode" t-shirts of Lynch are a joke. He had 1 good run and you'all ran out and spent a 20 on a crappy t-shirt.

All female fans weigh at least 200lbs

The Sea-Gals are brutal looking, the redhead is kinda cute, but i got a thing for redheads.

And the worse part of being part of the "12th man" bs are those greasy, smelly, garlic french fries you eat. The entire West end of the stadium reeks of them.

Seahawk fans

The 12th man is BS, i've heard Texas high school football games that were louder.

For the last several years Hasselbeck was the problem, now that he is with the Titans and suceeding, they complain about him going for the money.

The "Beast Mode" t-shirts of Lynch are a joke. He had 1 good run and you'all ran out and spent a 20 on a crappy t-shirt.

The Sea-Gals are brutal looking, the redhead is kinda cute, but i got a thing for redheads.

And the worse part of being part of the "12th man" bs are those greasy, smelly, garlic french fries you eat. The entire West end of the stadium reeks of them.

:first:

Seahawk fans

:pointstosky:

And I haven't seen anybody complain about Hasselbeck...the sentiment seemed to be that we wanted him back, but just on a one year deal. I don't fault him at all for leaving, and am glad to see him upright and healthy behind a better pass-blocking offensive line. An injury prone 37 year old QB playing behind a line starting 2 rookies could be ugly. Carry on :cheers:

:first:

The last thing applys to Philthy residents. A whole city chock-full of greasy, garlic-stinking meth-heads.

You guys never cease to entertain me, which is why I didn't mention Philthy fans in this topic. And it was pretty funny when Michael Irvin was cheered.

The last thing applys to Philthy residents. A whole city chock-full of greasy, garlic-stinking meth-heads.

You guys never cease to entertain me, which is why I didn't mention Philthy fans in this topic. And it was pretty funny when Michael Irvin was cheered.

Philly has a big meth problem? Weird. Never heard that. :dunno:

You should be flattered. Someone bothered to mention your vanilla nothing team for a change. And I'm damn proud of cheering Irvin's injury and wish he was paralyzed on the play. :lol:

If your town has poor, stupid white people in it then chances are you have a meth problem.

Funny I googled and couldn't really find anything about this huge meth problem in Philly. I did find this though:

http://www.atg.wa.gov/alliedagainstmeth/stats.aspx

I'm sure you're right but it's weird because meth isn't really a big issue in the Northeast. It exists more around your parts. :dunno:

You should be flattered. Someone bothered to mention your vanilla nothing team for a change. And I'm damn proud of cheering Irvin's injury and wish he was paralyzed on the play. :lol:

I was just as tickled as you pretended not to be. :cheers:

Funny I googled and couldn't really find anything about this huge meth problem in Philly. I did find this though:

http://www.atg.wa.gov/alliedagainstmeth/stats.aspx

I'm sure you're right but it's weird because meth isn't really a big issue in the Northeast. It exists more around your parts. :dunno:

Fair enough. Good old fashioned crack rock then

It's not even close: The Raiders

Can't bring your kids to the games because the stadium is filled with drunk, belligerent ex-convicts. Can't watch from home because they consistently fail to sell out games. Set cars on fire when the Raiders lose. Set cars on fire when the Raiders win.

Unless you can site actual incidents of cars being set on fire Im calling bullshit on this one. The rest I gotta give to you, though with the caveat that if you wear Raider colors you're probably going to be safe.

One time a friend of a friend was going to a game with us, and he was wearing a Syracuse hoody. I flat out told him he wasnt sitting by me, as they were playing Denver that day. The idiot didnt believe me and got pelted the entire game before he went to buy a t-shirt to wear over his gear.

I will say the fans up in Oakland are a little mellower. The LA fan base WAS a little criminal at times, with the worst being the Orange Co/Santa Ana element. A Ram game ai the Big A in 1994 looked like a scene out of Spartacus with the donnybrooks in the stands. OC Register ran a nice front page pic of fans literally leaping over rows of seats to get after each other. And i remember groups of Raider hooligans just wandering around looking for trouble. THOSE were bad fans, but overall the move north in 1995 mellowed out the base. If anything, they are more colorful and artistic in their support now. Not saying you wont have your troublemakers. Saw one idiot cruise the pre-game lot with a Cowboys blanket draped over the hood of his car, before some of the base took offense and dumped a 5 gallon bucket of urine on it. But I've seen FAR worse over the years. Bottom line if you go to a Raider game- wear black and youre safe.

Great thread. Wasting time at work before punching out and really enjoyed peoples thoughts.

I for one do not agree with the whole "you have never even been to ______" so you can't be a fan. I am from Iowa and actually became a Steelers fan because the first Super Bowl party I remember being at was Steelers/Rams. EVERYONE was rooting for the Rams. I decided to root for the Steelers just to be a ###### head kid. Well it stuck. They became "my team".

Now I personally have never ran into a fair weather Steelers fan. Everyone I have ever met that presented themselves as a Steelers fan knew their ######. I know there are probably those types of fans but I just have never ran into them. Part of me feels that you actually might get more of that from the people who actually live in those cities and are just being homers.

Truth being said I think a lot of the Steelers fans grew up being raised that way. Maybe there is some actual PA connection way down the line but a lot of PA people left Pittsburgh during the decline of the steel industry but took the love of the team with them and passed it on.

I actually just got back from my first trip to Pittsburgh. I have brainwashed my wife for the last 11 years (dating and marriage) of being together and she is now a rabid Steelers fan. Back when we first got together she didn't even like football. I never pushed it on her but just being around me she started watching. Now she points out penalties before I even see them. We were married on leap year day so we only celebrate an anniversary every 4 years. So since our "first" anniversary is coming up I surprised her with a trip to Pittsburgh for the Ladies Night at Heinz field. She got to hear a couple players talk and get a tour of the locker room, field etc. Had a blast and we spent 2 days seeing the sights. Really great town. Our hotel was right across from the stadium so we were within walking distance of everything. Actually coming out of the tunnel and into Pittsburgh was of the coolest sights I've seen (city wise)

Anyway, off topic a bit. sorry. But I just disagree that being from an area is a prerequisite for being a fan. Lots of ways to start being a fan, its the sticking with it that matters. I have suffered the Bubby Brister, Cliff Stoudt years to be able to enjoy the Big Ben years.

To me the most obnoxious fans are college football fans. How can you be that rabid over a college team. I guess I can kind of see it if you actually attended the college.I know it sounds kind of like the "you have to be from there to be a fan" thing but I think its different. How into a team can you get when if you have any good players they are gone in 3 years tops. And there is no play-off system. I just can't understand the love of college football period and they are the most uninformed dumbest fan base I have ever ran into. And that crosses all team lines. These are the people that say college is so much better because they play for the love of the game and not money. BS people, they are playing for a shot at making money or they are playing so they don't have to pay for school.

I just hate them all. And Ravens fans because they all smell like BO and crab cakes

I know some feel sorry for them over the last decade+...but it might start to be the Liosn fans.

5 wins and they are acting as if they already won the Super Bowl. Amazing what 10 years of top 5 picks will do for a team.

It will be nauseating if they actually win the division or a playoff game.

And see what happens with a loss.

How many Lions threads by a certain few posters leading up to their games the past few weeks? At least 2 a week.

This week? NOTHING.

Great fans.

Swamp made an appearance just to cry about the Packers' schedule.

Seahawk fans

When the lead official of that game comes out to the media and says that "We screwed the Seahawks, our fault", then it's not some grand conspiracy theory. It's a reality. Nobody outside of Pittsburgh thinks that Superbowl was officiated fairly. One of the most obvious fixed game in NFL history. I'd give up my first born for a besmirched Superbowl victory. I don't blame Steeler fans for celebrating that tainted victory. But just deal with the reality. It was a screw job. I wish the Seahawks were on the right side of the league fix, but ESPN and the NFL Network both go to commercials when Seattle is on the clock during the draft and how about all those national TV games the year after winning a playoff game. Right?

Great thread. Wasting time at work before punching out and really enjoyed peoples thoughts.

I for one do not agree with the whole "you have never even been to ______" so you can't be a fan. I am from Iowa and actually became a Steelers fan because the first Super Bowl party I remember being at was Steelers/Rams. EVERYONE was rooting for the Rams. I decided to root for the Steelers just to be a ###### head kid. Well it stuck. They became "my team".

Now I personally have never ran into a fair weather Steelers fan. Everyone I have ever met that presented themselves as a Steelers fan knew their ######. I know there are probably those types of fans but I just have never ran into them. Part of me feels that you actually might get more of that from the people who actually live in those cities and are just being homers.

Truth being said I think a lot of the Steelers fans grew up being raised that way. Maybe there is some actual PA connection way down the line but a lot of PA people left Pittsburgh during the decline of the steel industry but took the love of the team with them and passed it on.

I actually just got back from my first trip to Pittsburgh. I have brainwashed my wife for the last 11 years (dating and marriage) of being together and she is now a rabid Steelers fan. Back when we first got together she didn't even like football. I never pushed it on her but just being around me she started watching. Now she points out penalties before I even see them. We were married on leap year day so we only celebrate an anniversary every 4 years. So since our "first" anniversary is coming up I surprised her with a trip to Pittsburgh for the Ladies Night at Heinz field. She got to hear a couple players talk and get a tour of the locker room, field etc. Had a blast and we spent 2 days seeing the sights. Really great town. Our hotel was right across from the stadium so we were within walking distance of everything. Actually coming out of the tunnel and into Pittsburgh was of the coolest sights I've seen (city wise)

Anyway, off topic a bit. sorry. But I just disagree that being from an area is a prerequisite for being a fan. Lots of ways to start being a fan, its the sticking with it that matters. I have suffered the Bubby Brister, Cliff Stoudt years to be able to enjoy the Big Ben years.

To me the most obnoxious fans are college football fans. How can you be that rabid over a college team. I guess I can kind of see it if you actually attended the college.I know it sounds kind of like the "you have to be from there to be a fan" thing but I think its different. How into a team can you get when if you have any good players they are gone in 3 years tops. And there is no play-off system. I just can't understand the love of college football period and they are the most uninformed dumbest fan base I have ever ran into. And that crosses all team lines. These are the people that say college is so much better because they play for the love of the game and not money. BS people, they are playing for a shot at making money or they are playing so they don't have to pay for school.

I just hate them all. And Ravens fans because they all smell like BO and crab cakes

Well written DB. Don't forget the Mark Malone, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox and Neill "Larry Brown is my favorite receiver" O'Donnell years. Although I don't necessarily share your view on the college fans, I completely see how they feel like part of the family. The reality of NFL is that with the exception of a couple of big players on each team, lots of players are constantly changing teams. We're pretty much rooting for laundry. I'm dying to take my sons to Pittsburgh for a game, it's just such a costly trip it's hard to justify. The Ladies Night thing seems like a really cool thing to treat the Mrs. to, nice work!

OK, here's who I see as the worst Sports Fans:

Baseball, NY Yankees

Football, Eagles

Hockey: Flyers

Just say phillies fans are worse then Yankees fans. It's OK!!

Yankee fans have steep tradition with their affiliation to the Yanks. The newbies only know Jeter and Co. Some of them are jerks... But Philly fans are the worst IF you happen to like a team NOT from Philly. I must say 76er fans are pretty cool, the best group of Philly fans.

1) Philly fans - (snowball flung at Santa)

2) Cowboy fans - (way too many)

3) Pats/Sox - mainly cause they exp winning the last 10 yrs

4) Raiders - they almost beat a guy wearing a 49er jersy

The average Cowboy fan is completely unplugged from reality. They always think they are the Super Bowl favorites heading into the season. And they still bring up the 90s team...from 15yrs ago, like that has any weight or makes any of their points carry more validity now.

Ask 10 people wearing Cowboy gear on what their record is, who's the head coach, & who they're playing this week & @ least half won't know the answer to all 3 questions. Yet, the have a #1 License plate on their car. :rolleyes:

NFL - Dallas

MLB - NYY

NBA - NYK

NHL - who cares.

College Football - might be USC Gamecocks. I've never seen a more delusional fan base in my life. For a team that has never won a damn thing you'd think their fans would just stfu. They're dedicated, but dumb as h3ll.

I have found that Cowboy fans are the least knowledgeable fans in the NFL. They throw sound bites from ESPN at you but know very little about the finer points of the game.

No, not all Cowboy fans are like that but that is what comes along with being America's team.

I have found that Cowboy fans are the least knowledgeable fans in the NFL. They throw sound bites from ESPN at you but know very little about the finer points of the game.

No, not all Cowboy fans are like that but that is what comes along with being America's team.

As a Cowboys homer even I agree. Irks the hell out of me how many fair-weather fans we have. Makes me batty shiot crazy most Cowboys fans have no idea that football in Dallas was alive and kicking well before Clowny bought the team. I miss Tom Landry and his professionalism and class.

As much as it pains me to say it, Broncos fans are becoming some of the worst fans in the league. They have been spoiled for 25 years with good football teams and ever since Elway retired have ridiculous expectations for QB's. Jake Plummer wasn't good enough in their eyes, even though he won 75% of his games. Cutler got too much slack, because he reminded them of Elway. Now the Tebow / Orton circus is the cherry on top.

As much as it pains me to say it, Broncos fans are becoming some of the worst fans in the league. They have been spoiled for 25 years with good football teams and ever since Elway retired have ridiculous expectations for QB's. Jake Plummer wasn't good enough in their eyes, even though he won 75% of his games. Cutler got too much slack, because he reminded them of Elway. Now the Tebow / Orton circus is the cherry on top.

Add in that in...com....plete...wah wah wah wah sound effect they use in their stadium and you may be onto something.

in general--philly fans from philly.

i know a number of non-philadelphians who are actually good eagles fans (my ex was one of them), but it seems like most (not all) of the locals take pride in being unsportsmanlike.

Great post ! I live 40 miles from the city, grew up watching the Steelers and they won their Super Bowls of the 70's while I was a teenager and going to college in the 'burgh. So many people moved out of the city when the Steel industry collapsed they are now living in other cities but the Steelers went with them. Now their kids are growing up and having kids and it all gets handed down. I actually think local Steeler fans are more fair-weathered than Steeler fans in other cities. Local fans start leaving in the 3rd quarter.

The announcers always rave at how Steeler fans travel so well. But those fans aren't traveling, they already live in those cities.

No comment on worst fans...BUT.

Just by the sheer number of Cowboys and Steelers fans, I've come to one simple conclusion. If your not from either state, or grew up around folks from those states(family, which by default makes it OK to be a fan,) you were just a front-runner from where ever you come from, and grew into your fandom...so, you suck for that. Some of you may even have some anecdotal excuse on how you "became" a fan, but you can kill that noise. The ONLY other exception is if it was the name of your first pop warner or pee-wee team...end of story. IMO of course.

No comment on worst fans...BUT.

Just by the sheer number of Cowboys and Steelers fans, I've come to one simple conclusion. If your not from either state, or grew up around folks from those states(family, which by default makes it OK to be a fan,) you were just a front-runner from where ever you come from, and grew into your fandom...so, you suck for that. Some of you may even have some anecdotal excuse on how you "became" a fan, but you can kill that noise. The ONLY other exception is if it was the name of your first pop warner or pee-wee team...end of story. IMO of course.

There's a lot of NFL fans that don't live anywhere near an NFL franchise. Of course, with no bias, all kids in those circumstances will grow up liking whoever they see on tv the most and whoever wins the most or whoever their dad liked. How else are they to come to like a team? I live in Montana, born and raised. My dad was a huge Bears fan, and I honestly don't know how he became one. I was 6 when the Bears won the SB in 85 so of course that colored me as well, not that I was really following or cared much about NFL football at that point in my life. By the time I actually grew to the age of caring about the Bears, they absolutely sucked and aside from a few years in the past decade, haven't been relevant at all. Nonetheless, I remained a die hard Bears fan. I've missed 4 games in the last 10 years, of course they've all been on TV except for my two visits to Soldier Field.

Are you really saying anyone not living in the 32 cities that are home to NFL teams are automatically disqualified from being "true fans"? If it's about passion, you'd be hard pressed to find more passionate Bears fans than my family and I (parents, brothers, in-laws, kids). We infect everyone that is close to us. If it's about knowledge, I guarantee I know more about the Bears history and current team than 90% of Chicago residents. I don't get this mentality that if you live anywhere other than the 32 NFL cities, you can't be real fan.

I know you were specifically referring to Dallas and Pittsburgh fans, but still.

It is idiotic to have this premise that you have to be from a place to root for a specific team!!! There are only 32 teams. If you are from Alaska, who the hell are you suppose to support? I was born in '73 in Charleston, SC. At the age of 4 1/2, I saw a Steeler/Browns game and decided I liked the Steelers. Was I suppose to dump them when the Carolina Panthers came riding in during the mid- 90s? To me, that would be a fake fan. And no one takes into account that fans like myself support the team even during the lean years (Walter Ambercrombie???, Mark Malone??? Bubby Brister anyone????). Whether I'm from Pittsburgh or Mars, I'm a diehard Steeler fan through and through.

:pointstosky:

And I haven't seen anybody complain about Hasselbeck...the sentiment seemed to be that we wanted him back, but just on a one year deal. I don't fault him at all for leaving, and am glad to see him upright and healthy behind a better pass-blocking offensive line. An injury prone 37 year old QB playing behind a line starting 2 rookies could be ugly. Carry on :cheers:

My memory is from the Brazilian football.

Brazil NO.10 football shirt would have been handed down. The 10th has always been a symbol of Brazil.

Before there Pele, Kaka and so on. 2013 Confederations Cup finally out on the 10th of heritage - Neymar.

I hope Brazil will maintain this production rate.

My memory is from the Brazilian football.

Brazil NO.10 football shirt would have been handed down. The 10th has always been a symbol of Brazil.

Before there Pele, Kaka and so on. 2013 Confederations Cup finally out on the 10th of heritage - Neymar.

I hope Brazil will maintain this production rate.

I would cover Shakira in my manfluids

:music_guitarred: