Sign in to follow this  
saintsthunder

Mendenhall going forward..

i just traded pettigrew and torain (both ww pickups if it matters) for mendenhall. my team is in the sig and i think if mendenhall plays as well as he's supposed to seeing his soft schedule (plus max starks has been playing well since he was resigned) my team would be good for the rest of the year except for week 11 because of all the byes. i never worry about backups and always try to make my starting lineup strong so don't look into my bench too much.

thoughts?

My thoughts are so no one replied quick enough so you reposted 10m later?

:nono:

My thoughts are so no one replied quick enough so you reposted 10m later?

:nono:

i didn't even see that this happened. i got the page that says message wasn't posted with the 'select text' button so i just clicked back and posted.

Torain (FA pickup) and Pettigrew (TE) for Mendenhall? That guy must have really given up on his first round pick. Please see mine as it involves acquiring Mendenhall as well: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=392647

i think the fact that the team already has hightower and helu, are 1-4, and mendenhall has been under performing i just got the perfect situation to land him. i like him for my team, if he doesn't perform like a number 1 running back and more like a 2, i'll be disappointing but not so much as to call the trade a fail and if he performs like he should i'll definitely be ecstatic. either way i'll be happy... :headbanger:

...unless he gets injured. :bench:

Next time anyone sees Mendenhall going forward please let me know.

Next time anyone sees Mendenhall going forward please let me know.

:lol: ya jerk; was just getting ready to post something like that.

Mendenhall going forward is an oxymoron. Ranks up there with Military Intelligence, Metal Wood (golf) and Government Worker.

Am I the only one dumb enough to go Mendenhall over Best???

Ugh, I'll probably swap them tomorrow morning. Even if Mendenhall gets some touches on the goal line he'll probably get stuffed for nothing...so I should just roll with Best? Maybe he'll break one...?

Am I the only one dumb enough to go Mendenhall over Best???

Ugh, I'll probably swap them tomorrow morning. Even if Mendenhall gets some touches on the goal line he'll probably get stuffed for nothing...so I should just roll with Best? Maybe he'll break one...?

I would go with Mendenhall; he gives you a vastly better chance of a goal line TD.

That said, I benched them both: for Earnest Graham and Fred Jackson. :music_guitarred:

I've lost confidence in Mendenhall. I'm trying to trade him right now. People talk him up as a goal line back but he's only produced 1 td in 5 games.

Ouch, he matches his best game on the 1st drive! He would have a breakout game on my bench!!

Best best do something!!!

Ouch, he matches his best game on the 1st drive! He would have a breakout game on my bench!!

Best best do something!!!

atleast you got a half decent option in for him. I benched him for starks!!!

:(

atleast you got a half decent option in for him. I benched him for starks!!!

:(

Ouch!

I feel a bit better, Best has 10 pts right now with 10 mins to go. But I swear if I lose by less than 10, I'm going to be irate!

I will now start Mendenhall from now on!

I didn't see the game, but obviously Mendenhall put up some pretty great stats (from my bench :mad:).

Is he going to be good for the rest of the year now, or was this a fluke game?

I didn't see the game, but obviously Mendenhall put up some pretty great stats (from my bench :mad:).

Is he going to be good for the rest of the year now, or was this a fluke game?

It's Jacksonville. While Pitt does have a good schedule, there aren't many cupcakes like Jax on their schedule. He'll come back to Earth.

It's Jacksonville. While Pitt does have a good schedule, there aren't many cupcakes like Jax on their schedule. He'll come back to Earth.

Jacksonville has been a very solid run defense. Not sure their ranking, but I'll bet they're not worse than 12-13 coming in.

Jacksonville has been a very solid run defense. Not sure their ranking, but I'll bet they're not worse than 12-13 coming in.

Jax is ranked sixth in fewest FF points allowed RBs.

Going forward? This week many people had him on the bench, next game he will be a starter on many teams and give them 60 and 0. The next week everyone will think this is the week and get 60 and 0. Back to the bench where he will get 120 and 2.

+1

I would've started him, but the word from Roto was that the coaching staff was going to "not overwork him." Who can afford to go with that? I had the Burner in there, and we'll see what Shonn Greene can do tonight.

I actually thought Mendenhall looked good on that TD run he tweaked his hamstring on a few weeks back. Nice burst to get to the outside. Starks has not been a complete disaster at LT, and they have some nice matchups coming up.

This may not be a complete write-off after all.

he may of had a breakout game yesterday but man his he SLOW. it took him about 25 min to turn the corner on that 8 yd td run and he got caught from behind on that 69 yd scamper.

Hey I'll give up a little speed gladly for the ability to lay the wood and break a tackle once in awhile. Haven't seen a lot of that from Mendy either. Cant believe Fantasy Football Index had him ranked 5th going into this season. Again, probably the schedule had a lot to do with it.

Going forward? This week many people had him on the bench, next game he will be a starter on many teams and give them 60 and 0. The next week everyone will think this is the week and get 60 and 0. Back to the bench where he will get 120 and 2.

I still don't like Mendy

I need him in the worse way, now that Felix and Beanie is out. My WR's have carried me so far, don't know how long that will continue..

I need him in the worse way, now that Felix and Beanie is out. My WR's have carried me so far, don't know how long that will continue..

I'm basically in the same boat.. Except swap Felix for J. Best.

I actually think he starts to pick it up for the remainder of the season. Now that Rapistburger is back playing well I think that actually bodes well for Mendy down the road.

Mendy fockin' blows. That's all there is to it.

So here is my question: when the Steelers have finally had enough of Mendy plodding for two yard gains, who are they going to replace him with? Is Redman the guy to own? Moore? Dwyer?

Mendy fockin' blows. That's all there is to it.

So here is my question: when the Steelers have finally had enough of Mendy plodding for two yard gains, who are they going to replace him with? Is Redman the guy to own? Moore? Dwyer?

mendenhall's not getting replaced buddy.

I need 100 yds and a score from the guy this week, as bye weeks have left the cupboard pretty bare. He blows up against the Pats and I may overlook everything else so far.

Disappointing is a understatement when it comes to Mendenhall, especially this past week. After a big performance against a tough run D (Jags) he does nothing against a weak D (Ari.)

I really need him going forward, I have had a few people interested in him but mainly just wanting to give me wideouts and rb's that are flex plays at best for him.

To whoever hasn't dealt Mendy yet, you may have missed your opportunity.

I dealt him and Rivers for Fred Jackson four weeks ago. I just bought Rivers cheap for Gronkowski.

This guy is confusing as it gets. Has a breakout game against the Jags, does nothing against the Cardinals, then has a solid game against the Patriots averaging almost 5.5 yds per carry.

In 2010 Mendenhall finished 11th overall among RBs in my league. He got virtually no receptions, so he mainly did it by rushing for 13 TDs (2nd highest among RBs). Take away a few of those TDs, and you get Mendenhall 2011.

He is who we thought he was!!! And yet we drafted him anyway. :cry:

The problem fantasy wise is not with Mendy. It's the way the Steelers are becoming a passing offense. Mendy's doing fine with the limited carries he's getting. You rarely see Mendy in 3rd down and medium to long situations. Mendy's not a bad receiver out of the backfield, but they usually have M Moore in there on 3rd downs. I know Mendy's becoming a real pain in fantasy football, but he's still an important piece of the Steelers offense.