Sign in to follow this  
merchasd

Lloyd to STL Rams

Demaryius Thomas is more fragile than Danario alexander....stay away from that if you can,

Lloyds value is a top WR2 now, glad to see him going to the Lou

Demaryius Thomas is more fragile than Danario alexander....stay away from that if you can,

Lloyds value is a top WR2 now, glad to see him going to the Lou

Also glad he's going to a team that had their bye already.

This is a win for Llyod and Bradford.

Bradford has been on and off the wire now in most of the leagues I play in.

He could have some good value as the schedule softens down the stretch.

He will be reunited with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, under whom he enjoyed a career year in 2010. He caught 77 passes for 1,448 yards and 11 touchdowns. We'll continue to update you on this situation as it develops, but this is likely a good move for Lloyd and his Fantasy owners.

:banana:

cbssportsline

Bradford owner all year here waiting for that McDaniels passing offense to do something. I have to play Bradford this week with Vick on a bye. This certainly helps. Lloyd knows that offense obviously, so he should be able to step right in. Needs some good practice this week with Bradford to learn how he throws the ball and timing, but Lloyd won't have to worry about learning the offense. He just needs to learn Bradford.

That said, John Fox really doesn't adapt to what personnel he has. He comes in and gets rid of anything that he thinks doesn't fit. I guess Fox thinks he'll have 5 years to build the team he wants. I don't see Fox lasting that long. The Broncos organization has made some interesting moves. Is Elway running the show? New Matt Millen on our hands?

Trade isn't complete per Adam Schefter...

Yet another official involved in trade talks between Broncos and Rams texted there is no trade done and there are a "lot of hurdles."

Why are the Rams trying to opt out of the Luck sweepstakes? Even if they get #1 and don't want it they can trade it for 3-4 draft picks.

Do they think they can catch the Niners?

Trade isn't complete per Adam Schefter...

Yet another official involved in trade talks between Broncos and Rams texted there is no trade done and there are a "lot of hurdles."

Typical. Another race to break the story from these tools, and totally jumping the gun. They all have done it.

Why are the Rams trying to opt out of the Luck sweepstakes? Even if they get #1 and don't want it they can trade it for 3-4 draft picks.

Do they think they can catch the Niners?

I imagine it is more likely they are worried they will lose their jobs if they don't start winning.

This sites Rest of Way Rankings had Lloyd at #16, which seems about right. Now that he is reunited with the offensive coordinator that made him the #1 receiver in fantasy last year, and a more talented QB, where do you put LLoyd? IMO, he is definitely in tier 1 based on this rest of the way rankings:

http://fftoday.com/rankings/rotw.php?o=1&PosID=30&LeagueID=

(assuming the trade goes through)

Rams acquired WR Brandon Lloyd from the Broncos in exchange for a conditional sixth-round pick in 2012.

The pick can become a fifth-rounder based on receptions

(source - Rotoworld)

I think Lloyd can put up Mark Clayton 2010 numbers if the deal goes through. As a Lloyd owner I think it can only help him, but I don't expect consistent numbers.

I think he is still a WR1. Bradford will need to learn that even if Lloyd looks covered to just throw it to him and good things can happen, because of this I think it will take a game or two for them to synch up.

I think he is still a WR1. Bradford will need to learn that even if Lloyd looks covered to just throw it to him and good things can happen, because of this I think it will take a game or two for them to synch up.

I'd agree.

while I think Lloyd will adjust fairly quickly, I think it will take 2 games to get used to the new QB.

I wouldnt start him this week, but I might start him next week if he were on my roster.

Some guy in my league dropped him last week after Tebow was named the starter, so I picked him up thinking he could be solid if only for the bye weeks. Now he could be a WR2 for me :)

Bradford has a high ankle sprain. :banana:

This puts a little damper on the Lloyd love train now. <_<

I'd like to make a WW claim for him but with only 13 roster spots, it's a tall order in the middle of bye-week central.

**edit; he's rostered already. :(

traded for lloyd tonight.. will be a flex play option for me in a 2 rb, 3wr/te league, hoping he can put up decent #'s in an offense he knows that will be down and forced to throw often

Boy I hope you are right. But honestly I will just be glad if he ends up a decent fantasy WR2. Before this trade I was worried he would end the year well below that.

jesus. a 5th or 6th round pick for last year's leading yards man at WR.

...who is 30 and due to be a free agent after this year.