Sign in to follow this  
dreen626

J.Best owners?

Rotoworld reported today that his coach hinted that he's still experiencing symptoms from the concussion. If true, it may finally be time to drop him. However, with playoffs starting in most leagues in 3 weeks, the last thing i want to do is drop him then have him wind up on the roster of the team I'm playing 1st round and watch as he bludgeons me over the head with my own former player. I'll probably hold him for now.,

I wanted this game and after half time Kevin Smith played nearly every down.. I would suggest picking him up if he is available because it appears he will be the starter or at least get the most playing time going forward.

Would be cool to see K.Smith get the starting job back after losing it to Best and injury last season or the year before.

I wanted this game and after half time Kevin Smith played nearly every down.. I would suggest picking him up if he is available because it appears he will be the starter or at least get the most playing time going forward.

If I remember correctly, Smith played nearly every down once the score was 37-6. I would guess that they wanted to see if he had anything left in him and to keep Morris and Williams from getting hurt. If you want to rush out and get him, feel free, but I think that you are getting a little excited about garbage-time. :dunno:

If I remember correctly, Smith played nearly every down once the score was 37-6. I would guess that they wanted to see if he had anything left in him and to keep Morris and Williams from getting hurt. If you want to rush out and get him, feel free, but I think that you are getting a little excited about garbage-time. :dunno:

The score was 20-6 at half time and all the other starters were still out there.. I could be wrong and it could have just been because of the score etc.. but I think he had at least 75% of the snaps after half time. Everyone should make their own decisions but he didn't look bad and ran hard and if he does get the majority of the playing time going forward he could be a top 15 back the rest of the way.. well worth the risk I think.

The score was 20-6 at half time and all the other starters were still out there.. I could be wrong and it could have just been because of the score etc.. but I think he had at least 75% of the snaps after half time. Everyone should make their own decisions but he didn't look bad and ran hard and if he does get the majority of the playing time going forward he could be a top 15 back the rest of the way.. well worth the risk I think.

Look at the play-by-play account of the game. Morris was still getting hand-offs and targets until the score was 37-6.

As far as the "top 15 back the rest of the way" thing... :shocking:

the curse of barry sanders

james stewart

kevin jones

kevin smith

jahvid best

there may be more

my decision is much harder. $100 salary cap league and best is sitting there taking up $26. if i cut him, some other playoff-bound team will definitely take a shot on him for $20. but i could really use that cap savings to go get some guys (because I don't have the cap space, i'm only rostering 13 right now with rosters up to 16).

the curse of barry sanders

james stewart

kevin jones

kevin smith

jahvid best

there may be more

my decision is much harder. $100 salary cap league and best is sitting there taking up $26. if i cut him, some other playoff-bound team will definitely take a shot on him for $20. but i could really use that cap savings to go get some guys (because I don't have the cap space, i'm only rostering 13 right now with rosters up to 16).

Mikell Leshoure (torn achilles).

He is useless and ready to be released so someone else can carry this dead weight.

i just posted similar question.

I really think i'm holding on. He will be the reason I win or lose the title. In my flex position he's made the difference for me.

Gotta see what plays out heading into playoff weeks...if he hasnt come back by week 14 he's probably not and you can cut him loose for another position backup I guess...if he does then it could be a bonus and mean difference between playoff exit and championship.

Im dumping him in the 2 leagues I have him

I dont think he's gonna play again this year, plus I need to make bye week moves

In both leagues Im dropping him, he goes onto a protected list, so at least no one else can pick him up and stash him away

He is useless and ready to be released so someone else can carry this dead weight.

This.

Hate to do it because i do think he can be a nice addition to a playoff contender, but fighting to get in and need the roster spot for someone who can contribute now.

He's gone.

Jahvid Best (concussion) was in attendance at Lions practice Wednesday.

The Lions announced that Best was "at" Wednesday's practice on Twitter, but have failed to specify whether he participated. We'll have an update shortly. Nov 16 - 1:43 PM

Source: Detroit Lions on Twitter

This is somewhat a good news for a while!!

I am in the playoff already, just hoping he can show up by then.

Jahvid Best (concussion) was in attendance at Lions practice Wednesday.

The Lions announced that Best was "at" Wednesday's practice on Twitter, but have failed to specify whether he participated. We'll have an update shortly. Nov 16 - 1:43 PM

Source: Detroit Lions on Twitter

This is somewhat a good news for a while!!

I am in the playoff already, just hoping he can show up by then.

The Detroit Free Press stated that he did not participate. He could have been there to take tests and was not cleared or he could have been there to get out of the house or he could have been there to learn the game plan for Sunday. I can't see him playing for a little while, but until they put him on IR or it gets to week 14 with him not practicing, I think that you hang onto him.

stash. there's nothing better on my wire.

Pretty much my situation as well. I've held him this long..

This is the the thing, even if he does come back what are the chances that they give him a full workload with Kevin Smith back in the mix? Not likely.

The whole reason the brought LeShoure in is because they knew Best couldn't handle it all. They gave it a shot but ultimately proved themselves right. Now that they have Smith it will be an even split at most. The days of Best being a feature back are over.

So what do you do with him? I'm leaning toward dropping him for pretty much anybody.

I can't justify dropping him even in my most shallow league. Way too much upside with that guy to just drop him and pick up... Marion Barber? Nah.

I'm being held hostage by him I know, but he could be playoff gold for someone, might as well be me.

can't drop him because as soon as he's cleared he is 100%. its not a knee or a hammy or whatever. considering what det has at RB he immediately goes back to getting 80+% of the touches. look at what has happened to detroit since he has gone out, they've struggled on offense. i think they will do everything they can to try and get him back out there.

Look at the play-by-play account of the game. Morris was still getting hand-offs and targets until the score was 37-6.

As far as the "top 15 back the rest of the way" thing... :shocking:

Rut-Roh

Rut-Roh

Thats what I was thinking too.. top 15 rest of the way isn't looking so silly now is it ;)

Thats what I was thinking too.. top 15 rest of the way isn't looking so silly now is it ;)

Well, I still think it's silly. You're off to a good start though.

:doublethumbsup:

Well, I still think it's silly. You're off to a good start though.

:doublethumbsup:

I would call that an extremely good start! I hope everyone ignored pats whatever and picked him up..

K Smith 16-140 2td rushing, 4-61 td receiving

M Morris 7-29 rushing, 1-8 receiving

I'm happy enough to have stashed him on the roster

I'm a little more than happy to have played him! :overhead:

Not that I had a choice with Foster and Tate on bye and Best and Hillis out. After failing to pull off a trade before our Friday deadline, I thought I was screwed this week. Instead I'm going into Monday with a 45 point lead.

I'm a little more than happy to have played him! :overhead:

Not that I had a choice with Foster and Tate on bye and Best and Hillis out. After failing to pull off a trade before our Friday deadline, I thought I was screwed this week. Instead I'm going into Monday with a 45 point lead.

Good for you :thumbsup:

I just dropped him for Jerome Simpson. :dunno:

I know. Not very sexy but this has gone on long enough. They're being so careful with him he won't be trustworthy for fantasy purposes for the rest of the season, if not for his career. The very first hard hit on him they won't hesitate to pull him.

Nice knowing ya Best, welcome to my do not draft list '12 :nono:

I need to pull the trigger and drop him for Kevin Smith or just keep him? I want Kevin Smith off the market because the guy leading our league is depleted at RB and will try to pick him up, but Best is the only player I can cut to make that happen.

Any word out of Motown on Best's status? I have until tomorrow (Wednesday) at 2 PM to make this decision.

Best still has symptoms for crying out loud. This is week 12. Do you really think he is going to be in football shape for weeks 14 and 15?

Cut his arse now my friend.