Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

The Tim Tebow train

New England is going to pummel Touchdown Timmah and his cohorts this week. If Denver beats the Patriots this week I'll come back and eat all the crow the bored sees fit to serve, but the ride ends this week. Denver is probably going to make the playoffs, but New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Houston will chew them up and spit them out.

NE offense good, Denver defense good.

NE defense bad, Denver offense bad.

Seems like a pretty good matchup on paper to me. :dunno:

New England is going to pummel Touchdown Timmah and his cohorts this week. If Denver beats the Patriots this week I'll come back and eat all the crow the bored sees fit to serve, but the ride ends this week. Denver is probably going to make the playoffs, but New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Houston will chew them up and spit them out.

You're talking about the same New England that gave up back to back huge performances to Dan Orlovsky and Rex Grossman, right?

You're probably right. Denver is not an 'elite' team and like almost every other team not 'elite' will struggle to win against the cream of the NFL crop. :dunno:

However that doesn't take away the fact that the Broncos were one of the worst teams in the NFL for a year and 5 games until they finally started Tim Tebow. And the team has responded which turned the franchise around. They went from a bottom 5 team to a middle tier borderline playoff team. No small feat.

I think most Tebow 'supporters' understand this. They had no grande illusion he was some superhero QB on par with Brady, Brees, amd Rodgers. All we were saying is that he has his own unique talents and the Brocos should start him over the ho-hum Kyle Orton as it gave the Broncos a better chance to win. And we want to see if he can actually play in the NFL as oppose to all the so-called analysts telling us he can't. I think that question has been answered and the critics were wrong. What happens next is anybodys guess, but we know that Tebow can play in the league. That question has been answered.

Looking at the schedule a few weeks ago I thought the Pats would be the team to put a beating on the Broncos. Didn't think they could score with the Pats. Then I watched Sexy Rexy and Roy Helu pass and run all over them this week. I don't think it will take until the 4th qtr to see Tebow and the Broncos to put up stats and points against this terrible defense.

You're talking about the same New England that gave up back to back huge performances to Dan Orlovsky and Rex Grossman, right?

This!

If I'm breaking down this game, it's not the New England defense that scares me. I don't see why the Bronco's can't score 17+ points this game. The problem is that the Tebow Broncos are a ball control, limit turnovers, field position, and high redzone effiency offensive team. That offense can win you a lot of games with the right personell. However it's predicated on keeping the opposing team under 20 points (or so). New England and Brady is a tough offense to corral. The really high powered offensive teams like NE, NO, and GB are really bad matchups for Denver.

Pats 24

Broncos 17

Winning in New England is not easy.

Tebow will get Gronk'ed.

Broncos of course can win, they have proven that.

They have less than a 20% chance of winning this game.

Gronks 31 - Tebows 17

Winning in New England is not easy.

Tebow will get Gronk'ed.

Broncos of course can win, they have proven that.

They have less than a 20% chance of winning this game.

Gronks 31 - Tebows 17

Game is in Denver. Where I believe Brady has had some troubles.

Don't think the broncos can win playing the option and ball control. They need to let Tebow be in the shotgun spread most of the game. Let him try to pass and score all game.

This will be a game where you let Tebow determine the fate of the game (no pun intended). New England will have to do a good job of keeping Tebow corraled within the pocket. If they do that they should be able to do enough to contain many breakdowns. What do see is Tebow making a couple of plays with his arm, as he has done every game. But if he gets loose with his feet , watch out. I think he ends with about 140 to 150 yards passing with 1 TD but will have 90 to 110 yards rushing 2 or 3 TD's. Final score?

New England - 30

Denver - 24

Game is in Denver. Where I believe Brady has had some troubles.

Don't think the broncos can win playing the option and ball control. They need to let Tebow be in the shotgun spread most of the game. Let him try to pass and score all game.

Well, I certainly suck. At least i had the 2 teams correct. :doh:

New England presents problems that none of Denver's current opponents have, but they do that to most teams.

On the other side, NE doesn't have the defensive personnel to do the things that were effectve vs the Denver offense that the Bears and Jets could (until they couldn't anymore).

I'm most concerned with Brian Dawkins neck injury and whether he'll be able to go. Last thing you need vs the Pats is a depleted defensive backfield, especially when the guy missing is your veteran leader.

For those already plotting Denver's playoff demise...and granted, I don't see them going far...keep in mind that in all likelihood the Broncos will get a home game in what is historically one of the toughest places to play in the NFL. They run, stop the run and limit turnovers. Have a really solid kicking game. There are very few teams in the league that I'd call a lock going into that situation.

Yeah, not sure how the Tebow hype gets stopped this week. He will put up stats close to last week's in a loss, probably keeping the score close (if not all game, then at least in garbage time). The one thing that will slow down Tebow-hype is playing against a team like Baltimore/Pittsburgh who can dominate him AND score enough points to avoid making the late game bad decision (prevent defense).

Not sure if anyone's noticed, but Tebow has increased his passing yards the last 5 weeks straight. Hope he hits 300 this game, as they are going to need to score to keep up with the Pats.

Way to go out on a limb you simpleton!

Orlovsky was all garbage time. NE had a 31-3 lead. Yesterdays game was troubling however, and it was mentioned earlier in this thread, the NE defensive backfield is not good. However they can play the run and Belli is a great game planner. Should be a very interesting game. Broncos will have to score more than 18 points though, which they have only done twice since the almighty has taken over.

NE 31

Den 17

Sun October 28 2001 L @ Denver Broncos 20 31

Sun October 27 2002 L Denver Broncos 16 24

Mon November 3 2003 W @ Denver Broncos 30 26

Sun October 16 2005 L @ Denver Broncos 20 28

Sun September 24 2006 L Denver Broncos 7 17

Mon October 20 2008 W Denver Broncos 41 7

Sun October 11 2009 L OT @ Denver Broncos 17 20

i got brady at 2 and 5 against denver overall.

1 and 3 at denver.

Game opened at 3.5, up to 7.5 now

tebow actually didn't have a bad game, and actually made some solid throws late in teh game when they needed them. their D got exposed, though it was against a really good team/qb obviously. NE's D actually did the 'bend but don't break' thing and held on after a solid lead had been established, which is exactly what teams need to do against the broncos. If they were up by 6 with 3 minutes left, that D would very likely have given up the td to Timmay. Can't really pin this one on timmy. The 50% completion is about in line for what he's good for, however he ran for a bit more yard than his norm, and kept a few drives alive with his legs.

Summary: THe broncos are who we thought they were, scrappy team with decent D that likes to hang around and let Timmy do his thing in the last few minutes. Jump ahead early, and play a decent 'bend but don't break D' and you'll beat them. Simple enough formula, yet their last 7 opponents couldn't execute it. Lots of wacky stuff went down in the AFC(again) that has them deep in the playoff hunt...

tebow actually didn't have a bad game, and actually made some solid throws late in teh game when they needed them. their D got exposed, though it was against a really good team/qb obviously. NE's D actually did the 'bend but don't break' thing and held on after a solid lead had been established, which is exactly what teams need to do against the broncos. If they were up by 6 with 3 minutes left, that D would very likely have given up the td to Timmay. Can't really pin this one on timmy. The 50% completion is about in line for what he's good for, however he ran for a bit more yard than his norm, and kept a few drives alive with his legs.

Summary: THe broncos are who we thought they were, scrappy team with decent D that likes to hang around and let Timmy do his thing in the last few minutes. Jump ahead early, and play a decent 'bend but don't break D' and you'll beat them. Simple enough formula, yet their last 7 opponents couldn't execute it. Lots of wacky stuff went down in the AFC(again) that has them deep in the playoff hunt...

So because he "didn't have a bad game" you "can't pin it on Tebow" when they lose, but he gets all the credit when they win, even if he plays terribly. Uh, OK. :doh:

So because he "didn't have a bad game" you "can't pin it on Tebow" when they lose, but he gets all the credit when they win, even if he plays terribly. Uh, OK. :doh:

not at all what I'm saying dude. Read some of the tebow threads and you'll quickly find out I'm no tebow apologist. I'm practically on the other end of the spectrum in that I think he sucks. Well I started with that anyways, and have moved a bit to the middle at this stage. However, this loss was not strictly on Tebow's head. Not even close. He didn't have 2 completions in this game. They didn't not throw till the 4th quarter. As I stated, he had a 50% completion, which sucks but is not the reason they lost. He racked up a lot of yards on the ground, adn they weren't garbage time yards, he actually extended drives with those runs. So any sane logical individual will come to the conclusion that they didn't lost that game because of Tebow. Hell far better qbs have been blown out of games by Brady and gang, and this was no different. ANd just so you know, I've always been in the camp of 'tebow didn't singlehandedly win that game for them' while they were racking up those wins after wins. I consistently questioned the fact that if he can pull those games out of his ass in the 4th quarter, where is he for the other 3 and a half quarters. SO while I understand where your statement is coming from, I'm not one of the guys that fall into the category you're talking of, though I know of a million people that do...

Tebow had a good game,...the Broncos made too many BIG mistakes against a high powered team.

194 Pass Yds, Pass TD, Int, 93 Rush Yds, 2 Rush TD, 1 Fum

Looking at the stats above you haters got nuthin :nono:

Tebow had a good game,...the Broncos made too many BIG mistakes against a high powered team.

When he gets crap stats and they win. it's "all he does is win"

He got decent stats today and lost. All he does is, errrr.

You got nothing. :nono;

Tebow lost today. Let's see the 100 posts that pop up claiming what a terrible QB he is now and NE has proved it, then people can come defend him. yay.

Still will probably finish a top 5 fantasy qb this week which is all I really care about anyways :overhead:

i thought he represented himself pretty well...i just want people to quiet down about him.

He didn't have a passing TD, pull his c0(k out of your mouth and wake up. His running around like a pee wee football player did more to hurt the team then help them. Horrible decisions causing stalled drives, loss of yardage, and sacks (Almost a safety/defensive TD). Not a good game at all for him today.

He didn't have a passing TD, pull his c0(k out of your mouth and wake up. His running around like a pee wee football player did more to hurt the team then help them. Horrible decisions causing stalled drives, loss of yardage, and sacks (Almost a safety/defensive TD). Not a good game at all for him today.

You sir are an ass

Tebow had a good game, but that fumble of his did factor into the quick hole Denver got into early in the game. The Bronocs have won largely by being a mistake free football club. Tebow doesn't make risky throws for interceptions. The team generally doesn't turn the ball over (yes, I know he fumbled last week). When you count the missed PAT and the points made off Denver's three TOs, that's the 18 point swing by which the Pats won.

Given how strong Denver looked prior to all the TOs, I'd still say that the team matches up well and could take New England on any given day, but mistakes such as those it made today can cost any team a victory. Denver is, or was, pending how it plays out the rest of its season, playing "playoff football." I see no reason to consider the Broncos an illegitimate team, though haters will note (somewhat correctly) that the Broncos have yet to beat a strong playoff contender.

He can't do it alone,....nobody ever said that he does.

Teblow wins by himself but the losses are on everyone else. Just ask one of the tebow nutsuckers.

Don't worry. Tebow didn't need this game. God knows that. That's why the Patriots didn't get their top 3 players hurt like every other team he's beat this year.