Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Game Day: AFC Championship - Ravens at Patriots

Evans could've been the hero there and didn't wrap up the catch... and now a missed FG. WOW!

Sure looked like a TD to me. Possession. Two feet on the ground. A full second later the ball is knocked out, but shouldn't matter as he is in the end zone. And the play was never reviewed. What a disgrace. How can that play not be sent to the booth?

Tuck Rule II

Fock it. Ravens covered. :banana:

While I hate the Patriots, at least Dalton gets to go to the Pro Bowl now. Great game. Jesus, that FG wasn't even close. Him and Lee Evans should be handed their walking papers.

Wow evans and then cundiff. They both should be released. Not sure why that wasn't a penalty on the DB. His back was turned on that play.

Sure looked like a TD to me. Possession. Two feet on the ground. A full second later the ball is knocked out, but shouldn't matter as he is in the end zone. And the play was never reviewed. What a disgrace. How can that play not be sent to the booth?

I thought the same thing.

Wow evans and then cundiff. They both should be released. Not sure why that wasn't a penalty on the DB. His back was turned on that play.

No penalty. Didn't interfere on Evans' chance to make the catch.

Tuck Rule II

Fock it. Ravens covered. :banana:

I was surprised the booth didn't review it. Whatever, nothing new. The officials are omnipotent.

I'm surprised they didn't review that Evans catch. It looked pretty close, Harbaugh was screaming at the ref. Were they out of challenges?

I'm surprised they didn't review that Evans catch. It looked pretty close, Harbaugh was screaming at the ref. Were they out of challenges?

Challenges can only come from the booth inside of 2 minutes.

Cowher just nailed it - NE has done it all year on D with smoke and mirrors.

And S Sharpe - Lee Evans drops the game winner - Cundiff misses - that was the whole game.

Can't throw a challenge flag final 2 minutes of game, and 1st H too I think. It has to be referee decision. How can they not review such an important play in such an important game? Makes my teeth hurt.

Wow that's a crushing loss to. Game winning TD to missed FG.

Superbowl>going home in a matter of minutes.

One of the worst I've ever seen.

Can't really fault the Ravens on this but there is something to be said for not going to a player who had 3 catches all year in clutch time.

Lee Evan FTL.

I was surprised the booth didn't review it. Whatever, nothing new. The officials are omnipotent.

It's some sort of genetic marker that Seattle fans tend to be observant of officiating flubs.

Alright now who in the hell was watching that play and decided to record it with their phone :blink: :wacko:

Alright now who in the hell was watching that play and decided to record it with their phone :blink: :wacko:

drobeski :music_guitarred:

He is the Nostradamus of the Geek Board.

Wow, that was a harrowing game. Ravens had tons of chances but just couldn't quite take it.

Rhat was the kind of game the Pats needed to win. Brady did not play well and a lot of things didn't go their way, but they still got the W. Sure the ravens could have won, but they didn't.

Loved the post game stuff. Bob Kraft three sheets to the wind. Ge wasn't quite Joe Namath drunk but it was close! :lol:

And I LOVE Brady coming out and saying that he played like crap. It's true. We're gonna need a lot more out of you in the Superbowl buddy. :wub:

One thing I did NOT like was the crowd booing Drew Bledsoe. WTF???! He was nothing but a class act his whole career. UGLY move by supposed "Pats fans". :thumbsdown:

One thing I did NOT like was the crowd booing Drew Bledsoe. WTF???! He was nothing but a class act his whole career. UGLY move by supposed "Pats fans". :thumbsdown:

While most Pats do indeed suck, you don't think there's a chance those might have been 'Drewwwwwwww'?

PS the snap and especially the hold looked shaky on that FG attempt. Was it really Cundiffs fault?

T Curran was just saying Cundiff toed it instead of using his instep. Either way it's on Cundiff - hold looked fine.

Its all Lee Evans fault. That's the bottom line.

I dunno, I'd point to the coaches for putting Lee Evans in that position. Dude had three catches all year. Suddenly he is your go-to guy in the conference championship game? :blink:

And Billy Cundiff obviously deserves a lot of blame. That was an eminently makeable field goal. Had the Ravens made it to OT, I would've liked their chances. They had the momentum.

From ESPN Boston Patriots Blog:

Cundiff then missed the 32-yard kick with 11 seconds left. He was 28-for-37 on his field goal attempts during the regular season. His 76 percent success rate was fourth-worst among the 31 kickers who attempted at least 20 field goal tries this season.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, it was the third-shortest missed field goal attempt in the final 30 seconds of regulation (or any point in overtime) of a postseason game in which the field goal could tie the game or put the team ahead.

The two shorter misses-- a 27-yarder by Rolf Benirschke (1981 San Diego Chargers). and a 23 yard kick by Mark Moseley (1986 Cleveland Browns) -- both came in overtime in games in which their teams won anyway.

Guess the Pats do need th defense to win big games, huh? Brady threw what like 5-6 picks with a few overturned by calls? he almost lost the game single-handedly.

Baltimaore still has the most pathetic, under performing, worst play calling, lame azz offense Ive ever seen. With that defense, this team should have won 4-6 of the last 12 Suber Bowls instead of one. My goodness.... :thumbsdown:

Wow. Glad I'm 27 and got my first heart attack outta the way lol. Ravens played great, Brady sucked but in the end the Pats got a miracle. Time for Brady and BB to get one more before the window is closed.

Guess the Pats do need th defense to win big games, huh? Brady threw what like 5-6 picks with a few overturned by calls? he almost lost the game single-handedly.

That's some terrible analysis right there. Are you counting the interception that Brady threw on the free play when Baltimore was CLEARLY offsides? 'Cuz yeah, the only reason he threw that pass is that he knew the penalty was coming.

I mean, Brady had a bad game, yes. But FIVE OR SIX interceptions? Don't be ridiculous.

I think Scott Norwood is insulted being compared to Billy Cundiff.

At least Norwood's miss was from 47. Actually, I have never really understood why Norwood got the sh!t he did. 47 yards is hardly a gimme. Obviously you'd LIKE him to make that field goal but you can hardly say it was a choke of monumental proportions to miss from that far.

Now 32 yards, on the other hand? Yeah, Cundiff just flat focking blew it.

I dunno, I'd point to the coaches for putting Lee Evans in that position. Dude had three catches all year. Suddenly he is your go-to guy in the conference championship game? :blink:

And Billy Cundiff obviously deserves a lot of blame. That was an eminently makeable field goal. Had the Ravens made it to OT, I would've liked their chances. They had the momentum.

Go to guy? He's a WR that had the ball thrown to him on that play. That's the extent of his "go to-ness". He caught it and then just pussed out. That catch was for a trip to the SB.

Cundiff should've been kicking an XP.

The rest of the game the guys in for the most part as go to were Boldin and Smith.

Go to guy? He's a WR that had the ball thrown to him on that play. That's the extent of his "go to-ness". He caught it and then just pussed out. That catch was for a trip to the SB.

Cundiff should've been kicking an XP.

The rest of the game the guys in for the most part as go to were Boldin and Smith.

I agree. Evans turned because he was going to get hit... If he falls on his butt after the catch the Balt is in the SB.

That's some terrible analysis right there. Are you counting the interception that Brady threw on the free play when Baltimore was CLEARLY offsides? 'Cuz yeah, the only reason he threw that pass is that he knew the penalty was coming.

I mean, Brady had a bad game, yes. But FIVE OR SIX interceptions? Don't be ridiculous.

Its called exaggeration. The point is that its hard to believe they won and he played that poorly. Odd.