Sign in to follow this  
Death Pool Update: Junior Seau...

Any word on what he was doing with his left hand? :unsure:

Well, Seau always did struggle when facing the shotgun.

In all reality, this is way too soon.

But it's quality, nonetheless!

:thumbsup:

Goodell is reportedly looking into fining Seau for a shot to the chest.

:rolleyes:

I bet the Seau family ends up suing. Then, every other former players family will sue. Not to mention, they have that whole class action thing pending dealing with concussions. I'm sure the lawyers in that case will be all over the autopsy report from this.

I meant worst nightmare from a PR standpoint. This issue (brain trauma) is what will kill the NFL if anything does.

You would really think some sort of helmet could be built that would stop the concussions.

Godell just announced that next years first and third round picks for 2013 will be taken from the Saints for their involement in Seau's suicide.

How many of these guys also had a wife/ex-wife and kids? Why isn't anyone blaming that?

Godell just announced that next years first and third round picks for 2013 will be taken from the Saints for their involement in Seau's suicide.

I'm not laughing, but I am. :lol:

:first:

“Wow this is a tough one, when I was a frosh in HS Junior Seau worked the Jay Fiedler Football camp and at the end of one of the days he challenged anyone to a 1-on-1. Being one of the ‘big’ kids, I was volunteered by my buddies and went up in front of the whole camp to face this monster of a man. Shaking in my cleats, he gave me a wink before a coach gave the cadence. He let me pancake him. And he sold it too. I can’t even tell you how good I felt at that moment; it changed me forever. The whole camp cheered for me, a chubby kid that didn’t know if he even liked football. From then on I was addicted. All thanks to this 10-time all-pro that felt like making some snot-nosed kid’s day. Doesn’t seem like much but it meant a lot to me. Sorry for the essay just had to share. RIP Junior I’ll never forget what you did for me.”

~Saints backup center Eric Olsen.

“Wow this is a tough one, when I was a frosh in HS Junior Seau worked the Jay Fiedler Football camp and at the end of one of the days he challenged anyone to a 1-on-1. Being one of the ‘big’ kids, I was volunteered by my buddies and went up in front of the whole camp to face this monster of a man. Shaking in my cleats, he gave me a wink before a coach gave the cadence. He let me pancake him. And he sold it too. I can’t even tell you how good I felt at that moment; it changed me forever. The whole camp cheered for me, a chubby kid that didn’t know if he even liked football. From then on I was addicted. All thanks to this 10-time all-pro that felt like making some snot-nosed kid’s day. Doesn’t seem like much but it meant a lot to me. Sorry for the essay just had to share. RIP Junior I’ll never forget what you did for me.”

That hurts to read a bit, RIP JR.

NICE.

RIP Junior. I just remember those eyes when he was playing ... I would have shat down my pants if I'd have been across the line from him.

My local paper has a website so you can comment on stories. THey have a story on Junior's suicide and I stole your comment and posted it word for word on there. It was deleted quickly by the staff.

My local paper has a website so you can comment on stories. THey have a story on Junior's suicide and I stole your comment and posted it word for word on there. It was deleted quickly by the staff.

:banana:

Oh no you didn't :nono:

Oh no you didn't :nono:

:D I am just glad they didn't ban me. If they did, then I wouldn't be able to drag the Chandler town council through the mud.

:D I am just glad they didn't ban me. If they did, then I wouldn't be able to drag the Chandler town council through the mud.

:lol: :cheers:

43 years old with 3 kids.

That's what burns me. If you don't want to be here, fine. I get it - the joy of life doesn't outweigh all the crap for a lot of people... including me - even today.

But once you bring a kid in the world, you've pushed all your chips into the pot and are now obligated to play the rest of the hand. Your right to bail out is over. Considering he had 3 kids, his suicide better be directly related to years of NFL head trauma or some other medical excuse, otherwise he's just a piece of sh*t in my book.

I have nothing bad to say to GFIAFP in this here thread. Actually feel for his family.

Today here in NY a few towns away a "man" killed his wife (stabbed) then spoke to his 13 year old daughter through the closed door and told her to go get her siblings (7 and 9) from school then he hung himself upstairs leaving the 13 year old find her mother murdered and her father dead.

NICE. :thumbsdown: I just thank god he didn't hurt the kids - not that it makes anything better.

FVCKIN PEOPLE :mad:

JR :dunno: don't know what to think yet....

I have nothing bad to say to GFIAFP in this here thread. Actually feel for his family.

Today here in NY a few towns away a "man" killed his wife (stabbed) then spoke to his 13 year old daughter through the closed door and told her to go get her siblings (7 and 9) from school then he hung himself upstairs leaving the 13 year old find her mother murdered and her father dead.

NICE. :thumbsdown: I just thank god he didn't hurt the kids - not that it makes anything better.

FVCKIN PEOPLE :mad:

JR :dunno: don't know what to think yet....

Bra.this makes it all betterer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5SWxpExeV8&feature=related

Music is the all cure :music_guitarred:

and of course in my case :cheers: gets me through the day !

Music is the all cure :music_guitarred:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-FQL-tJ3ic

I commited suey once. Was brought back by a bunch of paramedics I went to school with. My heart stopped before I tried to stop it. I had enough of life and all the BS that went with it at the time. Convinced myself that I had lived the best part of my life that I could and it was time to go. I was ticks away hours before I tried. The only thing I remember was listening to Ottis Redding's "These Arms of Mine" as I passed out. I had the CD set to repeat. When I woke up to the adrenaline shots administered by the paramedics, it started over from that song. They said I was dead or close to it for at least twenty minutes. I remember hearing "Sitting On The Dock of The Bay" and thinking how close i was to that feeling of sureal soulfullness. As hard as I try, I have yet to come close to that feeling. There's nothing wrong with passing away. The closer you get, the more comfortable it becomes. And music brings me closer.

and of course in my case :cheers: gets me through the day also!

BB you and me need to talk - offline -

Junior is a pussie asshat.

I hope you enjoy rotting in hell, chump.

At least he didn't pull the murder/suicide dooshbaggery :dunno:

Junior is a pussie asshat.

Agreed. Why not wait till X-mas morning or something so they can REALLY remember.

I do not, will not, can not accept ANY excuses in this situation. The pain caused to his wife and kids, my mother, my father, myself .... is beyond any reasoning.

I understand where you are coming from on this. But look on the other side of the coin, better for him to take his own life than the lives of others first.

Thank you for sharing this.

To me, the saddest part of this particular story is that THERE IS A FOCKING JAY FIEDLER FOOTBALL CAMP

Come on guys...

don't panic, please... show a little decorum, please