Sign in to follow this  
JtmoneyJag

Where do you rank Russell Wilson?

Every year there is a break out player. One that surprises us all. Where do you rank Russell Wislon. Lots of question marks still, but man, with his running ability, he is very intriguing. I have Josh Freeman and Carson Palmer and thinking of dropping Palmer to pick up Russell? Am I crazy? And yes, please make fun of my starting QB's, they are terrible!

Most of his stats have come against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Friday night 3 of the Chiefs starting DB's were out. He's also playing for a team that wants to pound the rock on the ground. I'm a homer and in love with the guy, but I'm holding off on creaming my shorts just yet.

He'll probably get drafted in my league tonight because we have a few Seahawk fans. I woudn't spend a draft pick on him, but I'll keep an eye on him if he does go undrafted.

Freeman is also on a team that wants to run the ball, so if you can't help yourself cut him.

I would drop Freeman for just about anyone on the wire. The kid just isn't that good, and he isn't going to sling it enough times to make up for it, like a Kitna.

Wilson is a hope and a prayer right now. He's looked great in 1 preseason start. Bottom of QB2 with spot start upside this year, although it would get a lot more interesting in a keeper league.

I'd still rather have him than Freeman :cheers:

I would drop Freeman for just about anyone on the wire. The kid just isn't that good, and he isn't going to sling it enough times to make up for it, like a Kitna.

Wilson is a hope and a prayer right now. He's looked great in 1 preseason start. Bottom of QB2 with spot start upside this year, although it would get a lot more interesting in a keeper league.

I'd still rather have him than Freeman :cheers:

Based on who I have for QB's I need a hope and a prayer right now, lol. So I should drop Freeman, not Palmer. Thinking of pulling the trigger. Plus, Freeman will probably still be there.

Based on who I have for QB's I need a hope and a prayer right now, lol. So I should drop Freeman, not Palmer. Thinking of pulling the trigger. Plus, Freeman will probably still be there.

Yes. Then if he doesn't pan out, Pick up Tebow right before he's announced as the starter. Should be by week 3.

Yes. Then if he doesn't pan out, Pick up Tebow right before he's announced as the starter. Should be by week 3.

I live in Jacksonville, Tebow gets drafted in every draft. :huh:

don't go betting the house on martin but the nice thing is his running ability. if the guy runs for decent yardage in a game and maybe the occasional rushing TD, he won't need to be a 300 yard passer to serve well in fantasy

in my 4 point passing TD leagues, Mark Sanchez was the 10th ranked fantasy QB and half his games he threw for under 200 yards but he rushed for 100 yards and 6 scores. Russell Martin can rush for 3-4X that yardage and 3-4 scores.

don't go betting the house on martin but the nice thing is his running ability. if the guy runs for decent yardage in a game and maybe the occasional rushing TD, he won't need to be a 300 yard passer to serve well in fantasy

This :thumbsup:

I would also add that, besides the bonus of rushing yards, the kid is simply poised and as cool as a cucumber......and throws a really pretty ball. I had high hopes for Flynn, but he simply could not hold the kid off. Things are ever-evolving in the world of FF.

I am drafting him as my QB2 in all 12-man redrafts leagues, and hoping to hit the lottery. I am officially on the preliminary band-wagon.

Russell Wilson? In a dynasty rookie draft, I'd rank him somewhere in the third round or so.

In a redraft league, I'd laugh at anyone who drafted him. I'd really laugh at anyone who had him and Josh Freeman.

Seriously, drop Freeman. That Buc offense is GARBAGE. My Titans, who finished damn near last in the league in sacks last year, ate the Tampa QB's for lunch this preseason.

I'd rather pick up three QB's in the Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbart, Luck, RGIII range and pray to god one of them pans out ok than ride into the season with Freeman as my starter.

In a redraft league, I'd laugh at anyone who drafted him.

Please elaborate. What is wrong with a last-round lottery flyer on Russell Wilson?

Please elaborate. What is wrong with a last-round lottery flyer on Russell Wilson?

Yeah, don't get that either. You are taking a chance with anyone that late. I'd rather take Russell with the chance of hitting something really big then a WR5. His running ability makes him a potential fantasy star. Of course, it is just preseason, but his upside is huge. If he shows anything week 1 he will be gone so why not lock him up now with the option to drop him.

Nothing at all. Anyone taken in th last few rnds is worth a flier. Especially a mobile qb, in this game where running qbs are basically cheaters and score tons of points.

Worst case u cut him. No biggie.

He just got named week 1 starter .

In that case I'm going after Wilson in the 12th rd to be my backup QB. If he is a bust then I pick up Flynn. As many posters mentioned, his running qualities and his cool under pressure demeanor gives him good upside.

Could be this year's cam newton (or at least a poor man's version). Why not take a shot on him?

Any logic to dropping Palmer and picking up Wilson? (see my roster in signature). Any predictions on his stats this year?

Russell Wilson? In a dynasty rookie draft, I'd rank him somewhere in the third round or so.

In a redraft league, I'd laugh at anyone who drafted him. I'd really laugh at anyone who had him and Josh Freeman.

He was laughing last year at guys drafting Cam Newton :shocking:

He was laughing last year at guys drafting Cam Newton :shocking:

True, I was. Of course, let us not forget that Newton is a big of a different animal. He is twice the size of Wilson. Let us not also forget that Newton's rookie season was an aberration of epic proportions.

Now that he's been made a starter, I guess it makes some sense to take a flier. I'd still rather have Locker or RG3 as a running first year starter flyer.

I'm really surprised people are STILL doubting this kid.

It's bold but I really feel this kid will have QB2 value right out of the gate. You could do a lot worse than Wilson as your back-up.

No way would I take Locker over Wilson. Kid is mature for a rookie and doesn't get jittery against the blitz, which is common for a first year player. He's got a very good arm...the height thing is totally overblown. He threw just fine over an offensive line at Wisconsin that would rival most NFL lines in sheer size per player. This kid is ridiculously accurate in addition to being a very good runner/scrambler.

I've been tracking this kid since his days at NC State. I honestly believe he has a chance to be special. This isn't your average rookie.

if Tim Tebow can be a solid fantasy QB as we have seen over the last 2 years, there is absolutely no reason Wilson shouldnt be at least that high. Hes got all the running ability of Tebow (but much faster, not as big) and he actually has QB skills

Right now I take him as my qb2 in every single league ive done, around the 13th round. I have him rated as the no 13 QB on my list, meaning that makes him the no 1 backup in 12 team leagues.

To the Seahawks fans I have argued with for years here as a Steeler fan...

I am starting Russell Wilson week 1

On my bench

Ben Roethlisberger.

This kid Wilson is the real deal, he may turn your team completely around.

It doesnt hurt that Russell is at home vs Arizona and Ben is playing in Denver. :doublethumbsup:

To the Seahawks fans I have argued with for years here as a Steeler fan...

I am starting Russell Wilson week 1

On my bench

Ben Roethlisberger.

This kid Wilson is the real deal, he may turn your team completely around.

It doesnt hurt that Russell is at home vs Arizona and Ben is playing in Denver. :doublethumbsup:

I believe that the Seahawks play in AZ week 1.

Took him as my #2 QB late in a draft with a 16 player roster. Of course Aaron Rodger is my #1 guy so unless Wilson completely explodes he won't see the field for my team until Rodgers Bye in Week 10. The Seahawks are at home against the Jets then have a bye week 11. He'll play hard and go all out to win knowing he has a bye the next week. Flynn was supposed to be the guy but Wilson took the job and never looked back. Could turn out to be a savvy pick by Carroll when all the focus was on Luck & RGIII. Could he be a gem found late like Tom Brady? Doubtful, but you never know and time will tell.