Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Anyone rolling with Alshon Jeffery?

Thinking of taking a chance on him in the flex of my non-PPR, since with Maclin hurt my best other option is TRich. Bears/Packers has the makings of a shootout IMO, wondering if anyone else is rolling with him.

Only team I have him on I have Fitzgerald, Garcon, Nelson ahead of him and Gates in my flex. I would consider it if my options weren't as good.

Thinking of taking a chance on him in the flex of my non-PPR, since with Maclin hurt my best other option is TRich. Bears/Packers has the makings of a shootout IMO, wondering if anyone else is rolling with him.

I am dropping Danny Amendola favoring Alshon Jeffery along with either Sidney Rice or Randy Moss but Jeffery I think would be a good pick!

Anyone see the Bears game who could comment on him? I saw the replay of the TD which looked nice, but I read that it was in garbage time.

Also, I can't help but think that defenses will figure out that Cutler likes to throw to Marshall and will gameplan to take that away, which should lead to more targets for Jeffery. Or interceptions for Cutler.

Its a bit risky this early but it certainly could payoff. Keep in mind the Colts were projected to have one of the worst secondaries in the league as well. Out of 33 passes he had 5 targets. Not terrible but not someone i'd want to bank on quite yet either.

Anyone see the Bears game who could comment on him? I saw the replay of the TD which looked nice, but I read that it was in garbage time.

Also, I can't help but think that defenses will figure out that Cutler likes to throw to Marshall and will gameplan to take that away, which should lead to more targets for Jeffery. Or interceptions for Cutler.

I was driving home when the TD happened so I did not get to see it. I saw the replay but wasn't paying much attention. Alshon is going to be a very good WR. He catches everything that his hands can touch. Rookie WR are not very consistent though. Julio Jones' second half of last year was one of the few times a rookie WR plays that consistent throughout an extended period of the season. I would definitely take a flier on him though if he is still available.

I took a flier on him this week after dropping Brian "Get Him Off My Team" Quick. I wll probably start Jeffery at WR3 over Sidney Rice for this matchup against the Pack.

The TD was a perfect example of the effect of Marshall in this offense. Cutler sold that he was going his way, the defense bit, and he delivered a perfect ball to Jeffery who beat everyone deep over the middle. If defenses continue to focus on Marshall, there could be a lot of opportunities for Jeffery to make big plays.

I was forced to start him last week due to the Britt suspension. I will probably be forced to start him again because of the Jennings injury. I have the option of McCluster too, haven't decided yet.

am I crazy to start him over Antonio Brown just so I can have some action in Thursdays game (ppr + return)

If that is the only reason - YES!

I think this is a nice play against GB. He should be seeing a lot of Jerrett Bush.

Brandon Marshall will have a huge game.

Who is the actual #2 in Chicago? All the wr's but Marshall are available in my league. And this weeks matchup is very good for them!

No insight here... But +1, as I will be playing Jeffery tomorrow night as my WR3. A repeat of week one would be satisfactory (3-80-1, 5 targets). For me, it was going to be between him or Nate Wash anyways... If nothing else, playing Jeffery because I will be watching the game beginning to end at one of my favorite local bars after a 10-hour stressfully day at work. I don't feel this is to far of a reach and it gives me something to cheer for throughout the game as CHI plays catch up. Needless to say, TEN @ SD is on the brink of unwatchable IMO.

Only team I have him on I have Fitzgerald, Garcon, Nelson ahead of him and Gates in my flex. I would consider it if my options weren't as good.

Garcon probably wont play

I want to start Jeffrey but the options I have over him are too big. I have Fitzgerald, Demaryius Thomas, and Reggie Wayne in the flex.

Locked and loaded. Him and old man Moss get the start this week. :overhead:

you should just quit now

I'm debating starting him over Nate Washington or Maclin....but I also have Marshall.

I got Stephen Hill on my bench but I'm not so hot on Kevin Smith at flex this week against SF.

am I crazy to start him over Antonio Brown just so I can have some action in Thursdays game (ppr + return)

Revis will probably cover Brown this week anyway, so he won't do anything. Wallace is too fast for Revis, and they usually put the fast guy on Cromartie. Cromartie is pretty solid himself...I don't think that Steeler's offense is going to do much.

I fully expect the scoring to be mostly from Sanchez turnovers.

I think I'm going to stick with TRich. I expect him to do better this week vs. the Bengals, and I think it is a little too sneaky to start Jeffery based on one performance.

I am dropping Danny Amendola favoring Alshon Jeffery

I hope this isn't a ppr league you are dropping Amendola in. Bradford is looking early and often his way. He will finish with 90 catches.

I'm debating between Jeffery and Ogletree as my 3rd WR in my 10-teamer ppr league. They're both secondary options, but i really like what Romo had to say about Ogletree. I'm really scratching my head on this one, though.

I think I'm going to stick with TRich. I expect him to do better this week vs. the Bengals, and I think it is a little too sneaky to start Jeffery based on one performance.

Dodged that bullet. :o

Sickening, although not sure where to put the blame... Cutler, CHI O line, GB Def, Jeffery himself? Unless you had Crosby or either team's defense, rough night in Fantasyland. :(