Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Knowshon Moreno

Tell your friends. Spread the word.

Just keep spreading more roster mis management?

I think I'm already regretting dropping Turbin and won't be shocked if I look to pick him up off waivers in a few days before Sundays game. ( I have yet to drop Royster..I dropped my kicker)

I'm gonna be kicking myself when Lynch's back flares up but only needing to start two of : McFadden, Lynch, Bradshaw, A. Morris. K. Hunter. K. Moreno I should be ok even if that was the case. At least until they all get hurt.

I just cut Arian Foster to pick him up. Also cut Calvin Johnson on the off-chance our league passes a rule retroactively requiring two roster spots for Knowshwn Moreno because of his extreme value.

I have learned to take Rotoworld analysis with a grain of salt but here it is:

According to beat writer Andrew Mason, Willis McGahee's days of 20-25 carries in a game are "over."

"Don't be surprised if he rarely, if ever, has 20 carries this year," writes Mason, noting that Knowshon Moreno was used "liberally" against the Steelers in the opener. McGahee is unquestionably the Broncos' top back, but the limited carries are a concession to his age (31). McGahee should remain an iffy RB2 option all season. Moreno is not worthy of a roster spot in 12- or 14-team leagues.

I have learned to take Rotoworld analysis with a grain of salt but here it is:

According to beat writer Andrew Mason, Willis McGahee's days of 20-25 carries in a game are "over."

"Don't be surprised if he rarely, if ever, has 20 carries this year," writes Mason, noting that Knowshon Moreno was used "liberally" against the Steelers in the opener. McGahee is unquestionably the Broncos' top back, but the limited carries are a concession to his age (31). McGahee should remain an iffy RB2 option all season. Moreno is not worthy of a roster spot in 12- or 14-team leagues.

I'll take that with a tablespoon of salt

Is this the same Moreno that everyone on this bored said sucks for the last two years?

Now he's a hot pickup after 11 yards?

Or is it opposite day?

:first:

guess were not the only ones riding the moreno train his owner percent jumped from 20% to 30% :shocking:

Stashing a backup rb on what should be a good offense is not a bad move especially when the starting rb is 31. That said, nothing yet to get too excited about unless Willis m gets hurt

I added him in 14000 leagues, so I must have helped

I actually dropped him in 14000 leagues. So since mine cancels yours out, there must be a lot of hype elsewhere.

meh... i took a flyer on him in my 14 man league... and that's only because ronnie brown's suckiness forced my hand. I doubt i'll play him at all this year. but hey, if mcgahee and ball go down he could be worth a bye week filler...

If anyone cares I'm send Moreno back to the wire and grabbing TE/Flex plays like Greg Olsen and Kyle Rudolph who I could start in a pinch.

Doesn't seem like Moreno is quite there yet.

Which means he'll explode.

P.S. Suprisingly in .5 PPR leagues they have him projected around 9 points weekly. :dunno:

I'd like to see a link?

Would you like to see a link to my team that i've waited patiently for the last 3 days to get Moreno back after dropping him before this thread blew up? :lol:

I'm sorry to any and all that believed my words when i said that he was a danger to Peyton. I wanted him back and felt i had to throw some water on this thread, I got him back just moments ago.

;)

Would you like to see a link to my team that i've waited patiently for the last 3 days to get Moreno back after dropping him before this thread blew up? :lol:

I'm sorry to any and all that believed my words when i said that he was a danger to Peyton. I wanted him back and felt i had to throw some water on this thread, I got him back just moments ago.

;)

You're a bigger manipulator than the U.S. Government. :D

Stil have no idea on Royster or Moreno.

I will need a K for tomm. Thoughts?

I swear if it wasn't for this thread Moreno would prob not even be on my radar. Really haven't seen him talked about anywhere else.

Ahead of the curve or jumping the gun?

Stil have no idea on Royster or Moreno.

I will need a K for tomm. Thoughts?

I swear if it wasn't for this thread Moreno would prob not even be on my radar. Really haven't seen him talked about anywhere else.

Ahead of the curve or jumping the gun?

Greg zuerline. Not sure about spelling but st loius kicker.

Greg zuerline. Not sure about spelling but st loius kicker.

Over Cundiff or Bailey?

This is in my stupid max moves league. I need to choose wisely.

I don't think I can cut Moreno b/c he's the dude I cut Pitta for this week and the whole league will think I'm retarded.

Over Cundiff or Bailey?

This is in my stupid max moves league. I need to choose wisely.

I don't think I can cut Moreno b/c he's the dude I cut Pitta for this week and the whole league will think I'm retarded.

Im rolling with him until the rams bye week. I think their offense is good enough to get a lot of field goals and the kid has a big leg. Accurate too.

It was 1st-and-goal from the Pittsburgh Steelers 7-yard line in the middle of the second quarter of the Denver Broncos' season opener last Sunday night. Peyton Manning lined up in the shotgun and handed the ball not to Willis McGahee but to Knowshon Moreno, who trotted in for a touchdown.

Moreno only had five carries on Sunday night for 13 yards, but McGahee ran it only 16 times. Now reports have surfaced that McGahee's workload will continue to decrease.

The ex-Georgia Bulldog is one of the only remnants from the Josh McDaniels regime, but the current organization seems committed to giving Moreno every chance to live up to his first-round billing.

Moreno has had his off-the-field troubles and will have to prove he can stay healthy, but he has a great opportunity to emerge as a weapon for the Broncos offense.

McGahee has crossed the 30-year-old mark, which running backs dread, while Moreno just turned 25 and still has plenty left in the tank.

Moreno had a down year in 2011 due to injury, but the year before, he scored five rushing touchdowns and averaged over four yards a carry. That season, he also caught 37 balls for another three scores.

The news that McGahee will see fewer carries means Moreno should see the field a lot more than was anticipated this preseason and could become the team's main third-down back.

The 16 carries McGahee had in Week 1 were probably about what he can expect to see on a weekly basis. If Moreno can work his way into 10 touches or so per game, who knows? Maybe he could do enough with it to convince the coaching staff to give him a chance to be the feature back.

Moreno's athleticism blends well with the new up-tempo, no-huddle offense that Peyton Manning leads. If Moreno makes the most of the chances he gets, he could go from goat to glory and perhaps fulfill all of those expectations that came with him when the team took him No. 12 overall in the 2009 NFL draft.

from bleacher report

I just cut Arian Foster to pick him up. Also cut Calvin Johnson on the off-chance our league passes a rule retroactively requiring two roster spots for Knowshwn Moreno because of his extreme value.

I found this to be hilarious. Each time I read it I laugh. Post of the thread in fact. Thanks to MM for the revive.

I found this to be hilarious. Each time I read it I laugh. Post of the thread in fact. Thanks to MM for the revive.

I take back everything i said previously in this stupid thread...mcgahee is running like his ass is on fire, and moreno probably got himself benched for the rest of the season.

I take back everything i said previously in this stupid thread...mcgahee is running like his ass is on fire, and moreno probably got himself benched for the rest of the season.

it is more likely prostate problems at his age

:nono:

I'm an undrafted rookie FA, those guys are all pro Vets.

B)

No. You are seriously the most retarded poster on FFT.

Don't

Don't

Don't believe the hype. :banana:

by the throat