Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

Is this a fair compromise?

So, a guy in my league dropped Ray Rice. He claims his 3 year old did it and wants me to reverse the transaction. I told him that If he wants to have a 3 year old co-manage his team, he has to live with his managerial decisions.

That being said, it wouldn't be fair to let someone just pick him up on waivers. So... I came up with a solution that would be fair for everyone (except the guy who dropped Ray Rice). I decided I'd place Ray Rice on the roster of each team he faced, for the remainder of the regular season. Once the playoff's start, I will lock Ray Rice, so nobody will be able to use him against either other team.

He says that's BS, and is all ticked off... but the rest of the league thinks it's a great idea.

What do you guys think? :argue: :clap:

I think you are being an idiot. It's clearly a mistake and Rice should be placed back on his roster.

EDIT: After reading the actual thread this clearly cannot be serious. In which case I think you duplicate Rice by as many teams are in the league and place him on all rosters except the one who dropped him. Leave the last Rice on waivers and force him into the original owners lineup right before game time, then drop him from his team right at kickoff.

Give him back Ray Ray...

.... but make his kid draft for him next year. :headbanger:

Mike should just ban your fftoday account for trolling here and wasting peoples time. If you think people should be responsible for their actions, then let Rice clear waivers and whoever bids/has priority gets him. Unless you're a liar and don't feel that way, then continue to post other retarded ideas so we all know you're a retard.

So just get to the point and say who did it so we can taunt them. I'm assuming this is one of the geek leagues.

Haha, I wish it was edjr, sux, or one of the other geeks. Unfortunately, I've managed to keep 5 or 6 friends over the years. The rest of the league is family members who barely pay attention and people I can hardly stand from work. :cry:

I'm surprised that nobody caught that this actually wouldn't be fair for everyone though (in addition to the guy who dropped him). One guy would end up stuck with RR when Balt was out on bye. That makes the idea even better, imo.

This is the worst decision in fantasy football history. It is a travesty and an insult to the integrity of the game. I would rather have 4 of these :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: than you as a 'mish. May your soul never rest in peace for this despicable decision that will forever impact fantasy football in a way that will reverberate throughout history as a beacon for retard.

That being said I still wouldn't give him Ray Rice back.

So if a guy gets drunk, crashes his car and kills his family, losing his family would be enough punishment? He shouldn't have to go to jail, to learn from his actions? you guys aren't being very consistent.

To compare it more accurately - If a guy's SON gets drunk steals his car, crashes his car and kills his family, then the guy would be dead. Is it the dead guys responsibility to bear or the guy's son? Tell the owner in your league that his son will never play in your fantasy football league ever which transfers responsibility to the proper person and give Rice back to the rightful owner from which was stolen.

To compare it more accurately - If a guy's SON gets drunk steals his car, crashes his car and kills his family, then the guy would be dead. Is it the dead guys responsibility to bear or the guy's son? Tell the owner in your league that his son will never play in your fantasy football league ever which transfers responsibility to the proper person and give Rice back to the rightful owner from which was stolen.

Actually, to be 100% accurate... If a guy GIVES HIS DRUNK SON THE KEYS TO HIS CAR, he crashes it, killing his family, then the whole family would be dead and I'd need to find a replacement owner. :wall:

I'm starting to think I should just give the guy RR back. You guys have shown me the error of my ways. Thanks FFT! :wub:

Huh? Why would it be a joke?

The problem with this country is nobody wants to take responsibility for their own actions. Just ask MaddFutherMucker. I'm sure he will agree with me.

This has to be the most asnine douchebaggery I've ever seen as commish. It's an obvious mistake. No one is gonna drop ray rice. Do the right thing for a "fun" free time activity and get off your high horse. This is absolutely ridiculous!!

Mobb is jerking it to everyone's responses. "Oh boy, I'm getting everyone riled up." spank, spank, spank.

What would be his reasoning for dropping Ray Rice? You honestly think he'd give away his number 1 pick? I'm thinking you posted this tread as a joke to generate responses from other posters. However, if it's truely real, anyny descent commish or league would have understood that dropping any guy inside the top 50 had to be a total accident. It's not like he dropped Collie or someone in the last few rounds that would have little to no relevant fantasy impact. And it's not like he's saying his kid accidentally benched some player that went off during the week. These situations are entirely different. I personally, would have dropped my entire team or creating tradeswith other team owners to create a super team and split some money if you were running the league as you say.

No, a ghey commish would just put him back on the guys team. That's why gheys are known as "givers" and "takers".

and you are "taking" ray rice and "giving" him to every other team. yeah...... sounds like you enjoy penis in your butt hole :dunno:

Best compromise is quit as commissioner....then the next guy will give him back Ray Rice and everybody wins !!!! :pointstosky:

:doublethumbsup:

As with most things, what you do depends on your goal. If your goal is to have a long standing fun, competitive, league where people are friends, then just give him back his player. If you don't like the guy and you want him to quit, then don't give back the player or try to penalize him in some ridiculous way. That would run most of us out of your league. If it happened in my league, I would probably have fun with the guy and give him a hard time for a day or two, but then I would give him the player back.

I'm starting to think I should have posted this at FBG's...... the member base is much more conservative and knowledgeable about fantasy football.

I'm out of state this week and have been way too busy this week to spend any time on this site but since I skimmed this extremely timely and important post and saw my name was invoked several times here, I felt compelled to quickly jump on and add my comment:

mobb_deep, You make an excellent suggestion here. I've thought for a long time (as I'm sure many others have also), that you should do FBGs a huge favor and do ALL of your posting on that site. You do, after all, exhibit almost as much fantasy expertise as Axe Elf did here before he moved on to greener pastures.

It really seems like it would be a win-win solution for just about everyone.

BTW, I've barely had time to set my line-ups and have had no time to update my blog this week. I finished 4 - 1 with my 5 teams last week. I get back to Texas very late Saturday night and i hope to post something on Sunday morning before the games if time and energy permits. Good luck to all this weekend.

I'm out of state this week and have been way too busy this week to spend any time on this site but since I skimmed this extremely timely and important post and saw my name was invoked several times here, I felt compelled to quickly jump on and add my comment:

mobb_deep, You make an excellent suggestion here. I've thought for a long time (as I'm sure many others have also), that you should do FBGs a huge favor and do ALL of your posting on that site. You do, after all, exhibit almost as much fantasy expertise as Axe Elf did here before he moved on to greener pastures.

It really seems like it would be a win-win solution for just about everyone.

BTW, I've barely had time to set my line-ups and have had no time to update my blog this week. I finished 4 - 1 with my 5 teams last week. I get back to Texas very late Saturday night and i hope to post something on Sunday morning before the games if time and energy permits. Good luck to all this weekend.

You werent saying that when you pm'ed me, old man. You were randomly giving me your phone number, like some kind of Jerrry Sandusky. And what you say simply isn't true. At least half the people who posted got a kick out of this thread. :overhead:

So what would you do, Bill? Where do you draw the line? Is it ok to drop Ahmad Bradshaw? What about Wes Welker? What if they say they accidentally started the wrong player? What if they pick up someone and drop someone, then say their phone screwed up? You act as if everything is so black and white.

BTW: I obviously gave my buddy RR back. I just thought it was funny that his runt did it. Thought you guys would get a kick out of it. Forgot a lot of you were über competitive fantasy athletes, who couldn't spot a joke in the middle of a clown orgy. My bad.

As with most things, what you do depends on your goal. If your goal is to have a long standing fun, competitive, league where people are friends, then just give him back his player. If you don't like the guy and you want him to quit, then don't give back the player or try to penalize him in some ridiculous way. That would run most of us out of your league. If it happened in my league, I would probably have fun with the guy and give him a hard time for a day or two, but then I would give him the player back.

Agreed... And IMO, your league is either a joke or will dissolve over this situation. You are a Commissioner, not a robot... Do the right thing and return Rice to the guy who mistakenly dropped him. If you want to be diplomatic, take a league vote on the correct resolution. If you are a person that lives by principle, Rice goes on waivers and regular waivers rules apply based on your league settings. This to me really seems cut and dry. Regardless of the outcome, I would never participate in a league again where 1. Something like this even happens... 2. The Commissioner demonstrates such indecision and lack of leadership.

P.S. If Rice is not returned to the original team, AND not claimed off of waivers, he should not be placed on any team. Unless this is a league of 14 or more, someone will have to face Rice more than once during the regular season which once again can be considered unfair due to scheduling.

I am sorry if my response seems harsh, but you asked and although I may be labeled as a "Noob"' here on FF Today, I have actively participated in FF sports for 15+, and know a little bit about managing a team no matter what context. Regardless, good luck in resolution of this dispute and remember to have fun!

I didn't see what everyone else said, but I seem to think that if this player was smart enough to draft ray rice in the 1st, then he was smart enough to know not to drop him... It would be one thing if rice suffered a serious injury week 1 and then he was dropped, but that was definitely not the case. I think that you're a focking terrible commish, and you're the only person here that should be dropped.

Use your brains and don't ruin a whole league because of your little chance to have a power trip.

I didn't read what everyone else said and barely even read the first post. That being said, the commissioner has the responsibility of ensuring the competitive balance of the league. While it was a tough decision, if I were commish, I would have voided the trade as well.

Also, mobb_deep should invite the owner and son to his house and have the owner punch his kid in the face in front of mobb's wife and kids. :thumbsup:

I didn't read what everyone else said and barely even read the first post. That being said, the commissioner has the responsibility of ensuring the competitive balance of the league. While it was a tough decision, if I were commish, I would have voided the trade as well.

Also, mobb_deep should invite the owner and son to his house and have the owner punch his kid in the face in front of mobb's wife and kids. :thumbsup:

Yeah it wasn't a trade so.... And you would encourage an adult punching a 3 year old in the face, in front of another adult. That is a concern. I am willing to bet you are between the ages of 16-24. Good luck starting a family. Or wait, maybe you were attempting to be funny... Because child abuse is hilarious. Thanks for not taking the time to read even the original post, and keep up the good work. <_<

So, a guy in my league dropped Ray Rice. He claims his 3 year old did it and wants me to reverse the transaction. I told him that If he wants to have a 3 year old co-manage his team, he has to live with his managerial decisions.

That being said, it wouldn't be fair to let someone just pick him up on waivers. So... I came up with a solution that would be fair for everyone (except the guy who dropped Ray Rice). I decided I'd place Ray Rice on the roster of each team he faced, for the remainder of the regular season. Once the playoff's start, I will lock Ray Rice, so nobody will be able to use him against either other team.

He says that's BS, and is all ticked off... but the rest of the league thinks it's a great idea.

What do you guys think? :argue: :clap:

Terrible idea. You put Ray Rice back on his squad as it is the only fair thing to do. Your solution is stupid too. Not sure who you are commissioning a league for, but if this was a work league or friend league, you wouldn't pull this crap, so why pull it on an internet league? You some kind of internet tough guy?

Yeah it wasn't a trade so.... And you would encourage an adult punching a 3 year old in the face, in front of another adult. That is a concern. I am willing to bet you are between the ages of 16-24. Good luck starting a family. Or wait, maybe you were attempting to be funny... Because child abuse is hilarious. Thanks for not taking the time to read even the original post, and keep up the good work. dry.gif

Overreaction to a years-old board joke? Awesome. Welcome to the board, newb! You, too, should keep up the good work and continue taking everything here so seriously. :thumbsup:

Overreaction to a years-old board joke? Awesome. Welcome to the board, newb! You, too, should keep up the good work and continue taking everything here so seriously. :thumbsup:

I'm starting to feel like I'm the one getting punked here. I don't think gypsybrat has even made the connection that I'm also commish of the DNDL! I'd take his best player and put him on someone else's team to teach him a lesson, but all his players Sux. :banana:

I'm starting to feel like I'm the one getting punked here. I don't think gypsybrat has even made the connection that I'm also commish of the DNDL! I'd take his best player and put him on someone else's team to teach him a lesson, but all his players Sux. :banana:

Heh You should have realized with my low post count, I just don't throw comments out there for nothing! I was just chumming the water for ya good sir.

I was going to add my opinion, but I don't have enough posts.

I was going to add my opinion, but I don't have enough posts.

I was thinking the same thing Cara. I guess we'll just stick to talking about FF....