Sign in to follow this  
Bklynblaze

Jahvid Best

Thinking about picking up Best as he may be ready to go by Oct 22nd. By then it will be a full year since his concussion and if he does get back to form, could be a steal. Fantasy leagues are sometime won on pickups like this. Good gamble IMO to put him on your roster now and drop your worst player. Thoughts?

I'm planning to pick him up in a league or two this week...leagues where I feel my worst player has less upside than Best.

Thinking about picking up Best as he may be ready to go by Oct 22nd. By then it will be a full year since his concussion and if he does get back to form, could be a steal. Fantasy leagues are sometime won on pickups like this. Good gamble IMO to put him on your roster now and drop your worst player. Thoughts?

He is supposed to have some tests this week to see if he can start practicing next week. Only then would he be able to be back for the 22nd.

That backfield situation is a bit of a mess and you would be taking a big gamble that Best will stay healthy. It depends on how big your rosters are for stashing this type of player. If you have a spot, it can hurt to take a flier on a guy who could be a decent RB2/3

I nabbed him, as I'm desperate for RB help. 12 team ppr league, with limited rosters (only 13 roster spots)

I'm sitting nicely at QB and WR, as the Stafford owner just dumped him during his bye and somehow I got him off waivers. I don't want to hold 2 QBs but I'm hoping Stafford mcan help get me a win on Ryan's bye and improve his value you to help me unload him for help at RB. My current team looks like this:

Ryan

Stafford

Forte

Sproles

Best

Alex Green

Cruz

Colston

Wayne

A Brown

Pitta

Tucker

I went into the season with J Stewart but I've been looking for some help desperately at RB to put my team over the top. Just haven't found anything off the wire yet. Maybe Best can be that guy, but I also don't like going into next week with only Alex Green to play at RB as Sproles and Forte are on byes and Best won't be available yet.

<_<

Considering it has been over a day since this was first posted, I'm assuming by now Jahvid Best already has a concussion.

Considering it has been over a day since this was first posted, I'm assuming by now Jahvid Best already has a concussion.

Per Rotowerld:

The Detroit Lions are confirming that running back Jahvid Best sustained another concussion this morning. Apparently Best was at home getting ready to report to team facilities for practice and was eating a bowl of Grape Nuts while reading the newspaper when he sustained another head injury. Team doctors are unsure if it was the article that Best was reading, which was about "hard-hitting" Texans linebacker Brian Cushing being injured, or if was perhaps the cereal itself that caused the damage. Doctors are cautiously optimistic that Best will be able to return to play two years from now as long as he doesn't read, eat hard foot items or sneeze.

The Detroit Lions are confirming that running back Jahvid Best sustained another concussion this morning. Apparently Best was at home getting ready to report to team facilities for practice and was eating a bowl of Grape Nuts while reading the newspaper when he sustained another head injury. Team doctors are unsure if it was the article that Best was reading, which was about "hard-hitting" Texans linebacker Brian Cushing being injured, or if was perhaps the cereal itself that caused the damage. Doctors are cautiously optimistic that Best will be able to return to play two years from now as long as he doesn't read, eat hard foot item or sneeze.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

would you guyz trade Leshoure & reggie bush ....for....Jamal Charles ???

JC's 30 carries a game scares me. But the upside is you could end up with a top 3 RB by the end of the season.

They never intended Jahvid to be a full time back. I believe their plan was to use Leshoure on running downs and goallines. Jahvid is there for 3rd downs and change of pace.

They never intended Jahvid to be a full time back. I believe their plan was to use Leshoure on running downs and goallines. Jahvid is there for 3rd downs and change of pace.

He will be gold in PPR.

Gold Jerry!

I picked him up Sunday morning so I wouldn't have to compete for him this week. If I get a good game out of him when/if I start him, and a cup of soup ... I will consider that a meal.

So what happens to Leshoure's value once Best is back?

I have Leshoure now picked him up while he was still suspended , now i have a legaue mate looking to trade B LLoyd to me for Mikel

Whats your thought on leshoure for lloyd.

Im thinking against it Leshoure seems to be a TD monster

I have Leshoure now picked him up while he was still suspended , now i have a legaue mate looking to trade B LLoyd to me for Mikel

Whats your thought on leshoure for lloyd.

Im thinking against it Leshoure seems to be a TD monster

1 td and you designate him a monster?

In answer to your question ....why in the world would you want Lloyd? No way never would I do that trade

1 td and you designate him a monster?

In answer to your question ....why in the world would you want Lloyd? No way never would I do that trade

Well , correction He had a lot of carries and looked great :thumbsup:

TD monster a bit far fetched this early

I have Brady thats the only reason i even crossed in my head :shocking:

Thanks for the input

:cheers:

Both Best and Mikel have not played together yet so it may be interesting to see how DET uses them both.

I added him but I'm in a huge pickle at RB this week.

Sproles, P. Thomas, J Stew and well Best are all out.

I don't want to drop any of those guys but might be forced to if I can't work a trade.

I added him but I'm in a huge pickle at RB this week.

Sproles, P. Thomas, J Stew and well Best are all out.

I don't want to drop any of those guys but might be forced to if I can't work a trade.

Take the loss and continue on

Apparently tomorrow is the day for Best. Per Lions beat writer Paula Pasche Best will get his concussion results back on Friday.

If he does come back what do you think his potential is?

I don't think he's got quite the same RB 1 upside that he did early last year with Leshoure and even Bell emerging. I've got to think the Lions will want to limit his use some.

If he does come back what do you think his potential is?

I don't think he's got quite the same RB 1 upside that he did early last year with Leshoure and even Bell emerging. I've got to think the Lions will want to limit his use some.

Yes, I agree, but if he is truly in the best condition of his life and if he has the same moves he had before, he may just light a fire under their offense. And their offense needs it.

Yes, I agree, but if he is truly in the best condition of his life and if he has the same moves he had before, he may just light a fire under their offense. And their offense needs it.

He's without question the most talented RB on their roster, and his homerun ability is on par with any of the most explosive runners in the league. He's a guy that can turn any touch into a long TD and IMO has the potential to be greater than Sproles on the roughly the same type and number of touches. There is nobody else on the WW right now that you can say has the chance to do that.

Well , correction He had a lot of carries and looked great :thumbsup:

TD monster a bit far fetched this early

I have Brady thats the only reason i even crossed in my head :shocking:

Thanks for the input

:cheers:

looked great??? how do you avg <4.0 ypc and then 2.0 ypc and look great?

Lions refuse to provide update on Jahvid Best

Lions coach Jim Schwartz refused to provide an update on Jahvid Best's concussion tests on Friday.

Source: Anwar Richardson on Twitter

What is that supposed to mean? Not a good sign.

What is that supposed to mean? Not a good sign.

Damn those sneaky Lions....it would've been good to know now. They may be playing it close to the vest to prevent teams (i.e. the Bears, their week 7 opponent) from game planning one way or the other.

I guess since he's still on the "Designate to Return" IR list, they don't have to reveal his injury status. Assuming that they have to by mid-week next week. Continue circling the airport...

I guess since he's still on the "Designate to Return" IR list, they don't have to reveal his injury status. Assuming that they have to by mid-week next week. Continue circling the airport...

He will land eventually but yeah...no reason to show your hand now when it's not required.

I'm thinking this probably means he is returning. Their opponents have looked at a lot of film already of the team so far this season, without Best. The game plan against that team is already established. Plus, wouldn't they want to move to full IR and out for the year if he wasn't returning?

No news, is good news, for Best owners.

I'm thinking this probably means he is returning. Their opponents have looked at a lot of film already of the team so far this season, without Best. The game plan against that team is already established. Plus, wouldn't they want to move to full IR and out for the year if he wasn't returning?

No news, is good news, for Best owners.

I think just the opposite. If he was fine, they would say so. Keep it under wraps that he is still out and he will have to be game-planned for next week.

And I picked him up, so I want him to play.