Sign in to follow this  
DaDanimal

Antonio Gates

Is it the targets? The two TD's I've seen bounce off of or ripped out of your hands? That long pass last week would have salvaged a W for me...but alas....it was taken from me.

Now I sit here with you and Scott Chandler who finally put up a weak game last week. Sure...I'd love to leave you both in....I may have to relegate you to the flex position but I'm sure you understand that. That even worked for me two weeks ago, however, in the heat of the moment I picked up Vick Ballard.

Will you finally step up on Monday night? Will Chandler have a decent game against the Cards? Should I leave Ballard on the bench against a weak Jets D?

I wish I knew how to I quit you.

Gates looks really, really slow. He can't separate, unless he pushes off.

I still think he's good for 3-4 catches each week, but his days of reeling off 100+ yard games seems to be over.

You might get a goal-line TD, but that's really crossing your fingers.

I've quit Gates until he shows me something. ANYTHING.

Buy low.

Thank me later.

He lost a step, but he certainly isn't slow. He destroyed Berry in week 1. Last week, he was called for a BS pi for a push off when it was actually him that got held. I'm not sure who the safety was, but Gates ran right by him. He also dropped a couple of good passes. It's not his foot, but his hand. :unsure:

Buy low.

Thank me later.

He lost a step, but he certainly isn't slow. He destroyed Berry in week 1. Last week, he was called for a BS pi for a push off when it was actually him that got held. I'm not sure who the safety was, but Gates ran right by him. He also dropped a couple of good passes. It's not his foot, but his hand. :unsure:

I more so believe you. I just am gonna hate deciding between him and Chandler each week. It's stressful.

I more so believe you. I just am gonna hate deciding between him and Chandler each week. It's stressful.

Play Chandler until you see 1 good game from Gates.

That's what i would do if i was in your shoes. You'll miss his first good game but if he continues to struggling then you are obviously making the right choice.

Buy low.

Thank me later.

What gets me is that the Chargers are not going to him in the end zone any more.

What gets me is that the Chargers are not going to him in the end zone any more.

They have.

He dropped them both and over thrown on another. He also got a rib injury after week 1. If you go back and watch week 1 again, you'll see that he was heavily involve in the game. He also got hurt in week 1 (rib) and miss game 2. Game 3 he looked like he had trouble and in game 4 he lead them in total rec yards. In game 5, he dropped a TD pass and had that dumb PI.

I know, it looks like i'm making excuses for him but if you look at his targets too it's there. Hang on tight...

I trust in Gates - like what's been posted already, he can still get open he is just dropping passes or getting poor throws his way. Ive also noticed extra attention his way, like a LB and Safety holding him down and measing with his timing. i can see him having a hot rest of the season once that first big game hits. he and rivers are BFF, itll happen.

I've been playing the TE thrift store game all season, just having dropped Bennett because I don't want to fock with him and his knee. I was thinking of putting in a cheap offer to the Gate's owner (starting Miller this week).

I don't know if I even want to offer William Powell. Gates looks washed up and uninterested.

Buy low.

Thank me later.

New Orleans is also the #1 defense against TE this year. Roman Harper was playing Gates tight most of the night....he was the one who knocked the ball out of Gates' hands in the EZ...he was the one holding on to Gates down the seam....and he was the one who drew the bogus offensive pass interference. Harper looks like Uncle Remus, but he's a damn good safety. And to Gates' credit, he absolutely schooled Harper on a juke move off the line.

Obviously this isn't Antonio Gates from 2-3-4 years ago. He's not a dominant player anymore. But I don't think he's washed up or really all that slow. He just has a lot of attention being paid his way, and Floyd, Meachem, Royal aren't doing enough to draw coverage away. Maybe if Mathews gets more run, LBs and safeties will have to pay attention to someone other than Gates. But until that happens, I think we continue to see a lot of 4,5,6 point games with an occasional TD.

I think Gates' production is more about what SD can't do on offense than about Gates' declining skills. Maybe I'm just being a Gates' apologist...dunno....as an owner I'm trying to secure another TE just in case. So obviously there's concern about his production. I just disagree with everyone who says he's done. I don't see it.

Agree. Ryan Mathews coming back will make a huge difference. The play action is one of Turner's bread and butter plays. With Ryan Mathews looking quick and fast, i think Gates will greatly benefit from this. Again. Hang tight or get him cheap, if you have better options go with that for now. They also have a bye coming up in week 7.

You can't quit him because his name is "Antonio Gates". It's the same reason "Randy Moss" is on some poor sucker's roster right now.

I drafted gates due to no more vincent jackson and the weak wr corps. Thought there would be more force feeding gates. and there still may be. Due for a breakout monday night.....if not.

:bench:

It's the same reason "Randy Moss" is on some poor sucker's roster right now.

I'm playing against someone this week that currently has him in their lineup.

:overhead:

Agree. Ryan Mathews coming back will make a huge difference. The play action is one of Turner's bread and butter plays. With Ryan Mathews looking quick and fast, i think Gates will greatly benefit from this. Again. Hang tight or get him cheap, if you have better options go with that for now. They also have a bye coming up in week 7.

Play action with mathews TD to gates. Bread and butter.

Fock you Gates this is the first week I didn't play your focking loser ass and you get a TD. Now I am going to play you next week and you will fock me again like normal with your 3 or 4 points you focking ass hole

Fock you Gates this is the first week I didn't play your focking loser ass and you get a TD. Now I am going to play you next week and you will fock me again like normal with your 3 or 4 points you focking ass hole

He has a bye next week...

I have watched this turd play all year and looked like a lineman running patterns and getting winded.

Where did this come from? I will tell you why cause I traded him away for Murray who promptly got hurt

I have watched this turd play all year and looked like a lineman running patterns and getting winded.

Where did this come from? I will tell you why cause I traded him away for Murray who promptly got hurt

As a Gates owner and still believer in his talent I thank you for doing that and helping the rest of us out that hung onto him. :headbanger: :thumbsup: :pointstosky:

No way, he's on pace to crush that prediction!

F..k that prediction, I need more, maybe a 40 yard TD to make up for the rest of the weeks. I'm in a total points auction league so every point adds up for my starters.

F..k that prediction, I need more, maybe a 40 yard TD to make up for the rest of the weeks. I'm in a total points auction league so every point adds up for my starters.

would like to extend a big Fock You for showing up toay when i put you on the bench! had i started him i would have won my match!

80 yards

2 TD :bandana:

Uhhh... Little help on the big game numbers tomorrow night?!?

:dunno:

Honestly... You weren't even close!

:ninja:

80 yards

2 TD :bandana:

Nice fricken call dude.

I think you may have kept me from playing Gresham. (though he did well too).

Now I think I'll try to trade him.

Rivers sucks too much.

This was my plan two weeks ago when I thought Chandler was reliable.

I hate this focking fat turd. I've been waiting for him all year while keeping Heath Miller and his TDs on my bench. This week, I made the switch. Fock you Gates!