Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Antonio Brown sucks

You know how they say some guys have a "nose for the goaline"? What's the opposite of that? Brown has it.

You know how they say some guys have a "nose for the goaline"? What's the opposite of that? Brown has it.

non-Brown noser! :banana:

PIT's offense sucks. In particular, their O-line. As a result, Big Ben is captain checkdown and only looks to his RBs or Heath Miller on pass plays. If he ever throws it deep it's to Mike Wallace.

I'm done with starting Brown. Fock him.

PIT's offense sucks. In particular, their O-line. As a result, Big Ben is captain checkdown and only looks to his RBs or Heath Miller on pass plays. If he ever throws it deep it's to Mike Wallace.

No idea why the Steelers never took another deep shot after the Wallace TD. Doesn't make much sense.

No idea why the Steelers never took another deep shot after the Wallace TD. Doesn't make much sense.

Me too. I thought I was in for a MASSIVE day for Wallace, not just a good day. Send some of those Brown targets to

someone useful, huh :)

Having said that, Brown owners can't complain about chances, that was a lot of targets.

seemed like most of the throws to brown were off. didn't help he got raped in the endzone either. bad luck night for him and me.

never gets in the endzone. im looking to unload in his ass

:wow: I'm shock you posted this in public - keep that stuff to your self

Its called being covered in endzone repellant. :rolleyes:

I was angry when I didnt get Brown in our redraft league. I thought all signs pointed towrds a solid season. He hasnt even been doing much in the kick returns department either and is obviously a below average WR.

I'm done with starting Brown. Fock him.

Brown leads the team in targets, so I'd say your assessment of ball distribution is lacking facts.

Brown leads the team in targets, so I'd say your assessment of ball distribution is lacking facts.

From what I saw last night, Brown is getting targets, but he isn't the first, or even second read, on a lot of those plays. By the time Ben looks his way there are like 2 defenders already draped on him, making the catch nearly impossible to make.

Pitt has to get more creative in it's offense if Brown is gonna have any success. Screen, draw play, out route, repeat isn't gonna cut it.

Me too. I thought I was in for a MASSIVE day for Wallace, not just a good day. Send some of those Brown targets to

someone useful, huh :)

Having said that, Brown owners can't complain about chances, that was a lot of targets.

Might have to do with four O-linemen leaving the game injured and they didn't want slow developing plays to get Big Ben clocked too man times.

He's a good WR3. Shouldn't have listened to the clowns that claimed he was better than Wallace and the new WR1 on that team. They were, and are, morons. In fact it's probably a good idea to find that thread, note the people hyping Brown in that thread, and then just block them so you never have to read their idiocy again. Do the same thing for Starks (the GB RB).

At least I can understand the Mathews guys, he's a potential top 10 RB if he stays healthy. But Brown and Starks? lol, give me a break, that just shows zero fantasy awareness. Hell honestly add Ryan Williams to that too, but I can say that's an honest mistake, it's close enough.

Brown and Starks. Unbelievable.

He's a good WR3. Shouldn't have listened to the clowns that claimed he was better than Wallace and the new WR1 on that team. They were, and are, morons. In fact it's probably a good idea to find that thread, note the people hyping Brown in that thread, and then just block them so you never have to read their idiocy again. Do the same thing for Starks (the GB RB).

At least I can understand the Mathews guys, he's a potential top 10 RB if he stays healthy. But Brown and Starks? lol, give me a break, that just shows zero fantasy awareness. Hell honestly add Ryan Williams to that too, but I can say that's an honest mistake, it's close enough.

Brown and Starks. Unbelievable.

I'd still rather have Antonio Brown than Mike Wallace in PPR leagues, which is what I've said all along. Brown is clearly targeted a lot more, and was the 2nd half of last season. Other than this week (where Big Ben was off on a bunch of throws to him), Brown has posted 11.8, 15.8, 21.7, and 13.6. That's some pretty good consistency in PPR leagues. I don't think Wallace can keep up his pace of scoring almost 1 TD per game, which is where his value has been. Last night Brown was open for a TD, but the defender pulled him down. Just a little unlucky. Todd Haley is also a terrible play caller. Did the Steelers run any intermediate routes with their WR's last night? Everything was bubble screens and checkdowns.

I'd still rather have Antonio Brown than Mike Wallace in PPR leagues, which is what I've said all along. Brown is clearly targeted a lot more, and was the 2nd half of last season. Other than this week (where Big Ben was off on a bunch of throws to him), Brown has posted 11.8, 15.8, 21.7, and 13.6. That's some pretty good consistency in PPR leagues. I don't think Wallace can keep up his pace of scoring almost 1 TD per game, which is where his value has been. Last night Brown was open for a TD, but the defender pulled him down. Just a little unlucky. Todd Haley is also a terrible play caller. Did the Steelers run any intermediate routes with their WR's last night? Everything was bubble screens and checkdowns.

For real--I think Miller down the seam once or twice was all they tried between 9 and 40 yards.

Talk about overreaction regarding Brown in this thread. He had a sure TD if the Tennessee DB didn't tackle him in the endzone before the catch. He is also the most targeted receiver on the team and had 74 yards or more in every game before last night. He's on a steady pace for 90/1100, and that's without any of the deep passes from Roethlisberger connecting--and they try every week. I think he is easily a top 15-20 receiver the rest of the season, unless you're the kind of person who believes that 20 receivers get 1200 yards and double digit TDs.

What?

He got by far the most targets last night and was targeted in the endzone as well, drawing an interference penalty. Just because it didn't work out last night is no reason to freak out. He's obviously a huge part of their offensive plans each week, it just didn't happen last night.

He's my #3 and I'll plug him in each week without much thought.

What?

He got by far the most targets last night and was targeted in the endzone as well, drawing an interference penalty. Just because it didn't work out last night is no reason to freak out. He's obviously a huge part of their offensive plans each week, it just didn't happen this week.

He's my #3 and I'll plug him in each week without much thought.

Exactly, #3. Heck, he's even okay as a #2. But people were hyping him as a #1 which was ridiculous.

Exactly, #3. Heck, he's even okay as a #2. But people were hyping him as a #1 which was ridiculous.

I doubt any league had him truly drafted as a #1. He was perceived as a #2 with huge upside--a guy you could get as the 18th or 20th or so receiver with a better chance than most at grabbing top tier numbers. Last night was a dud, but before that game he basically was 1 touchdown from actually being a #1 in PPR or half PPR leagues. Remember that you have to look at PPG this time of year because of bye weeks.

If only Antonio Brown was consistent!

4 / 74 / 0

7 / 79 / 0

7 / 87 / 1

7 / 86 / 0

4 / 20 / 0

:rolleyes:

I don't get people who whine about wide receivers down weeks. It happens to all of them. ALL of them.

If only Antonio Brown was consistent!

4 / 74 / 0

7 / 79 / 0

7 / 87 / 1

7 / 86 / 0

4 / 20 / 0

:rolleyes:

I don't get people who whine about wide receivers down weeks. It happens to all of them. ALL of them.

Hes very consistent - in NOT scoring TDs. Some leagues still value scoring actual touchdowns instead of awarding points for getting out of bed in the morning. :rolleyes:

Hes very consistent - in NOT scoring TDs. Some leagues still value scoring actual touchdowns instead of awarding points for getting out of bed in the morning. :rolleyes:

His second TD of the year was taken from him while he was mauled in the endzone on that PI call. Did you draft him expecting 12+ TDs this year? He's a great possession receiver, not a red zone or deep threat. Your fault if you didn't realize that.

Well then, if someone in a league that weighs heavily on TDs expected double digit scores from a guy that has never come near double digits scores in the past might want to question their players research and assessment skills.

It is odd that a WR can have so many targets/receptions over his career, and yet so few TDs. He probably has the lowest rec/TD ratio of anyone in the league. Just dumb luck I guess.

Regardless, I'd start any WR getting double-digit targets every week. Especially when the QB is having a career-record season.

But wait, everyone said Brown was the receiver to own and Wallace ran bad routes and wasn't the #1 anymore and I'd rather have brown in the 6th than Wallace in the third........how's that working out for you? :music_guitarred:

It is odd that a WR can have so many targets/receptions over his career, and yet so few TDs. He probably has the lowest rec/TD ratio of anyone in the league. Just dumb luck I guess.

Regardless, I'd start any WR getting double-digit targets every week. Especially when the QB is having a career-record season.

He's only in his 3rd year, he hardly played in his rookie season at all, he's in a new offense, his QB looks for him a ton, and he's averaging 10 targets per game. That's more chances than most WR's in the NFL. Chances for success are all you can ask for in FF.

It's too early to call him a yardage monster with no TD's. The same has been said about Brandon Marshall but that talk went away in 2009. And now Marshall looks like he may be on track to meet those 2009 numbers this year with the Bears. TD's are impossible to project. Look at Calvin Johnson....last year he was racking them up and this year he has 1 so far I think.

I think Brown will get his soon enough.

His second TD of the year was taken from him while he was mauled in the endzone on that PI call. Did you draft him expecting 12+ TDs this year? He's a great possession receiver, not a red zone or deep threat. Your fault if you didn't realize that.

It's not as though the opportunities haven't been there and the Steelers aren't targeting him in inside the 20.

Last week he failed to haul in a beautifully thrown 35-yard pass in the endzone. He had a chance on a catch-and-run for a TD in the same game, but inexplicably cut back into the middle, right into tacklers, instead of running for the pylon. Last night, regardless of a defeneder being draped on him or not, that pass in the endzone went cleanly through his hands. Even on the TD he did actually score this year, he fumbled that one at the goaline and it was pure luck that it cam e back to him.

The guy is a rock solid receiver all over the field, but he chokes near the endzone. It's weird.

It's hard to believe but the running game is probably going to get even worse for the Steelers. Baron Batch? :lol:

Ben's going to need to sling it 50 times per game. More love for the WR's.

But wait, everyone said Brown was the receiver to own and Wallace ran bad routes and wasn't the #1 anymore and I'd rather have brown in the 6th than Wallace in the third........how's that working out for you? :music_guitarred:

I'm pretty sure 5 weeks don't make a season. Brown is targeted more and has more catches, and even has 13 more yards. Touchdowns are tough to predict. I'd still rather have Brown going forward in PPR leagues.

It's hard to believe but the running game is probably going to get even worse for the Steelers. Baron Batch? :lol:

Yeah. I was thinking of cutting bait on Heath once the byes pass but it looks like he's gonna be forced to be involved weekly.

Surprisingly, not much of a defense either. Gonna play keep up all season.

I'm pretty sure 5 weeks don't make a season. Brown is targeted more and has more catches, and even has 13 more yards. Touchdowns are tough to predict. I'd still rather have Brown going forward in PPR leagues.

Which proves why PPR leagues are gay.

Exceptional response. :lol: You should of had Baron Batch and Jamie Harper in your lineup this week. Those TD's are all that matter.

I tend to agree. I'm pretty sure they were invented by guys who are possession receivers in the NFL.

Well, in our PPR leage, Wallace has six more points than Brown for the season. Six points for a three round difference? Not bad.