Sign in to follow this  
JagFan

Falcons Passing Attack

Anyone else nervous? I would bench Ryan and Julio this week. Might stay with Roddy since he always seems to produce against tough matchups. I see a very disapointing week for the Dirty Birds through the air.....and the makings of an upset. Falcons won't go undefeated, and Dallas is just the type of team to knock them off.

I agree, Falcons O will struggle. Their defense on the other hand is going to have a focking hayday.

Atlanta will put up an easy 30+ points.

Dallas is about "this close" to tanking the rest of the season.

I'm telling you, don't do it. Bench everyone except maybe Roddy. You will regret it if you don't. And I can't stand The Cowboys.

I'm telling you, don't do it. Bench everyone except maybe Roddy. You will regret it if you don't. And I can't stand The Cowboys.

Marker for post game lulz

I am definitely thinking about starting Freeman over Matt Ryan. Rob Ryan can put together a pretty good game plan and throw Matt Ryan off with some different looks.

Wouldn't go as far as benching depending on your team but I'd temper expectations. I am sitting Julio and Ryan in most leagues but I got qualified backups. Cowboys have shot to win game and their defense should limit the WR's a bit. I see Gonzo having a very nice day with Julio and Roddy having a slight down day.

i don't think you can bench Ryan.

I am considering sitting White for Moore, got Colston as my other WR, Welker on a bye. But White is still in my lineup.

People....People...there is absolutely no reason to bench any Falcons this week!!

To quote the great Johnny Mac... "you've got to be kidding me!!"

People....People...there is absolutely no reason to bench any Falcons this week!!

To quote the great Johnny Mac... "you've got to be kidding me!!"

lol i know man, when did the cowboys become the 2000 ravens? julio just burned namdi and u dont think he is going ot have his way with a rookie?

I woudn't bench any Falcons. In fact, I'm starting Julio Jones along with Reggie Wayne and benching Calvin Johnson because of his nagging injuries

only reason I'd consider sitting white is because of how good moore has been. the boy has talent.

at this point it's a coin flip for me.

until matty ice gets into the real nfl playoffs, where he sucks, don't bench him.

Well, let's table this until someone bumps it tomorrow night. I will go ahead and promise it won't be me....but someone will. Sit Ryan and Julio....just saying..,

I have RG3 and thinking of starting him over Ryan. My opponent has White and Gono going soooo If Ryan goes off one could make the argument starting Ryan would help neutrilize them. Of course, Ryan could throw to JJ all night. If Ryan lays an egg and I have RG3 do well I win :dunno:

I have RG3 and thinking of starting him over Ryan. My opponent has White and Gono going soooo If Ryan goes off one could make the argument starting Ryan would help neutrilize them. Of course, Ryan could throw to JJ all night. If Ryan lays an egg and I have RG3 do well I win :dunno:

on one hand, the dallas defense has played pretty solid against everyone except marshall, and marshall would have had less than 100 and no TDs but for a blown coverage in trash time. and they've played against dangerous guys: nicks, cruz, vjax, boldin, tsmith, and Ssmith.

on the other hand, guys didn't draft julio, ryan, or roddy to play matchups with them. it's a tough matchup, but if you're planning to sit julio, you're overthinking. ryan and roddy are borderline--unless you have a clear advantage elsewhere on the roster,it's dangerous to sit them. the real wild card is gonzalez--DAL has been very creative with TE coverage, and carter is a coverage beast.

my guess is 1 TD to julio, roddy, or gonzalez, and another to a 2nd TE or RB on play action inside the 5. but your guess is as good as mine.

You can't sit any falcon player at home. Matt Ryan at home is a near lock. maybe best home record ever statistically right now. Julio lays an egg at home an roddy goes off. This has been the trend all year pretty much. Sit turner sure, and Julio if u have another stud, but Ryan roddy and gonzo are locked in.

other than the giants (twice) what elite passing offenses have the cowboys faced?

how much of their fantasy defensive ranking is based on weeks 2 and 3 against seattle and tampa, before tampa started to click? because their last 4 games, the dallas pass d is giving up an average of 36.5 fantasy points to WR's (ppr scoring) and roughly 8 more points to tight ends.

and thats against chicago, baltimore, carolina and the giants. none of them as potent as atlanta.

other than the giants (twice) what elite passing offenses have the cowboys faced?

that's an odd thing to say, since NYG would be tied for the the top passing offense in the league if you exclude their games against dallas:

vs. other opponents: 316 YPG, 1.375 TDPG, 63.5%, 92.6 QBR

vs. DAL: 202.5 YPG, 0.5 TDPG, 58.7%, 76.7 QBR

even including the DAL games, NY is 4th in total offense. so "other than shutting down a top-tier offense twice, what have they done?" seems like a strange question. if you want to go down that road, the atlanta offense has played precisely 1 top-10 passing defense (#8), along with #s 15, 18, 21, and 32. so we don't really know if they can do anything against top-ranked defenses.

guess we'll find out tomorrow.

edit: and i just went back through the fantasy numbers for individual WRs vs. dallas in PPR this season:

week 1: none in the top 50

week 2: none in the top 50

week 3: none in the top 50

week 4: #5 (marshall)

week 6: #25 and #41

week 7: #19 and #20

week 8: #45

Well, let's table this until someone bumps it tomorrow night. I will go ahead and promise it won't be me....but someone will. Sit Ryan and Julio....just saying..,

You dumb boy, real dumb...how's that for a bump?

The falcons O will be just fine... Romo just makes their pass D look solid on paper because he turns the ball over so the other teams get up and run all day. Dal has a couple solid DB's, but Romo will probably be the biggest reason if ATL's passing game struggles

No way am I benching Ryan or Julio. You play your studs. This is Fantasy 101.

Unless there's injury, I'm starting Ryan, Rice, Julio, Jimmy G, DMC, Dougie.... EVERY WEEK, REGARDLESS OF MATCH UP!

I'll goof around with WR 2, D, & K. But you play your studs!

No way am I benching Ryan or Julio. You play your studs. This is Fantasy 101.

Unless there's injury, I'm starting Ryan, Rice, Julio, Jimmy G, DMC, Dougie.... EVERY WEEK, REGARDLESS OF MATCH UP!

I'll goof around with WR 2, D, & K. But you play your studs!

Yea, but what if you have a viable alternative.

I have Josh Freeman, who is playing the Raiders D, and has been lighting it up. Plus, the Bucs secondaries are so bad that it has to be a shootout.

What then? Matt Ryan or Josh Freeman?

I have Josh Freeman, who is playing the Raiders D, who has been playing amazing. Plus, the Bucs secondaries are so bad that it has to be a shootout.

Ryan at home. Book it

I have Josh Freeman, who is playing the Raiders D, and has been lighting it up. Plus, the Bucs secondaries are so bad that it has to be a shootout.

Overthinking 101

Overthinking 101

You can't be too careful! Haha, I always do this to myself. My other headache for this weekend is Eric Decker or Andre Johnson.

Just don't even want to sit a guy that is going off!! :doublethumbsup:

You can't be too careful! Haha, I always do this to myself. My other headache for this weekend is Eric Decker or Andre Johnson.

Just don't even want to sit a guy that is going off!! :doublethumbsup:

I would sleep better with freeman going off on bench rather than Ryan.

AJ vs decker....AJ has been underperforming decker all year...trade AJ and start decker rest of way

edit: and i just went back through the fantasy numbers for individual WRs vs. dallas in PPR this season:

week 1: none in the top 50

week 2: none in the top 50

week 3: none in the top 50

week 4: #5 (marshall)

week 6: #25 and #41

week 7: #19 and #20

week 8: #45

This is what convinced me. That and Julio has had a terrible game all 3 home games he has played in this year. I have him in 2 leagues, and rolling with him in 1 and starting Colston over him in another.

anything thinking of starting Josh Freeman over Matt Ryan should walk away from fantasy

(even if, in hindsight, freeman somehow did outscore ryan)

This is what convinced me. That and Julio has had a terrible game all 3 home games he has played in this year. I have him in 2 leagues, and rolling with him in 1 and starting Colston over him in another.

Anyone who uses a home vs away scenario to bench a stud wr must have one helluva roster to bench julio...I mean what part of a dome home game on a fast track is a disadvantage to julio?

That's just silly. What he doesn't have a comfy bed...yeah bench him cause of that.

Insane if you don't want to start him at home trade him away for someone you think will play good at home. Maybe the #2 wr in chicago straight up?

Anyone who uses a home vs away scenario to bench a stud wr must have one helluva roster to bench julio...I mean what part of a dome home game on a fast track is a disadvantage to julio?

That's just silly. What he doesn't have a comfy bed...yeah bench him cause of that.

Insane if you don't want to start him at home trade him away for someone you think will play good at home. Maybe the #2 wr in chicago straight up?

You do not want any part of that on your fantasy roster. When you have Chicago WRs not named Marshall on your team the rest of your squad starts to become infected with a case of the sucks.

re-read his post--he's starting colston over julio. this makes sense, since colston has put up more FF PPG than julio, and is playing against the worst pass defense in the league.

re-read his post--he's starting colston over julio. this makes sense, since colston has put up more FF PPG than julio, and is playing against the worst pass defense in the league.

But as I said if his roster is so good he can bench a stud like julio based on matchup surely he can turn a trade instead of leaving pts on bench and kick yourself each week if you mess up starter

But as I said if his roster is so good he can bench a stud like julio based on matchup surely he can turn a trade instead of leaving pts on bench and kick yourself each week if you mess up starter

depth matters. of course, i'd be interested to see who his other WR is, who is also starting over julio. and flex, for that matter...

Would anyone sit Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Manning? Right now Ryan should be put in that category.

Yes. I have Rodgers and week 15 during playoffs I will be sitting him since he is playing the Bears and rolling with Josh Freeman who is playing the Saints.