Sign in to follow this  
vroompac

Goodson out... so Reece?

Reece is the pass-catching "weapon" since Oakland abandoned the run once DMC left for the day.

As a McFadden owner that does not have Goodson or any other of the backups im fine. Cause none of these guys are worth starting. Dont think Oakland ran the ball once after he left if they did the who cares. Between the 3 they had 4 rushes for 5 yards for the game.

Plus Goodson also left game with injury and was hurt going into the game

Reece is more of a hybrid H-back/fullback/tight end. I don't think they even view him as a runner at all.

Jesus fvxking Christ give it a rest. That team sucks, you think a 3rd stringer is gonna produce because he got a bunch of catches in garbage time?!?!?

This place is so retarded sometimes...

Relax little kid. It will be ok.

Wait. Has McFadden been declared out?

Heard he isn't even in a boot.

They said he wanted to go back in the game, but wasnt cleared... Doesnt sound like that bad of an injury. However, after last years debacle, who knows.

Wait to see the practice reports later today or tomorrow. This from Rotoworld:

Coach Dennis Allen told reporters Monday that Darren McFadden (high ankle sprain) has not been ruled out for Week 10 at Baltimore.

Per Allen, DMC was begging Sunday to reenter the game against the Bucs, but the medical staff apparently wouldn't clear him to do so. The Raiders are desperate in the backfield, so we wouldn't rule out them pushing McFadden to play, even if he's not 100 percent. This could be another game-time-decision situation. Nov 5 - 4:49 PM

DMC and Goodson did not practice today, but they still have not ruled out DMC. I don't either he will go on Sun., based on the fact they both have high ankle sprains.

I need a RB fill-in this week for Morris and Sproles. I already have Ballard rostered to fill the void, but I think Reece COULD have a big game. Anybody think that Ballard is worth dropping for Reece?

need some more people to weigh in on this

OK. I grabbed Daniel Thomas off waivers and then dumped him for Reese because I'm desperate due to T Rich on a bye. I dont know why exactly, but I like it when speedy big guys get put in a halfback role. Not a make or break for me - just a bye week filler, but my gut is telling me he's going to have a decent day along the order or 10-13 fantasy points.

Who the heck would say yes to that???

the guy is 7 - 2 and is going to sit on DMC for the playoff run. I mean I love the trade for me, but do understand from their perspective why they would do it. Also, with Calvin's knee "situation" they now have Titus. They also make a trade that got them A Hern, Brady and Charles so after all is said and done they did well and come playoff time (which they are a lock for) will be seriously lethal.

Mind you they are 7 - 2 but the type that has gotten luck week in and week out and their points total doesnt match their record.

Reece will see plenty of action, but he hasn't been used as a conventional RB. If he starts at RB, they lose their starting FB. I look for Jones to get most of the carries. The Raiders won't forego a running game, either, because that's where the BAL D is vulnerable.

I hope I'm not selling myself a bill of goods, though. First place is on the line in my game, and I have A Morris on bye and R Mendenhall uncertain to see MNF action. I need the above to be true since I'm rolling with Taiwan. A SF beat writer has declared Jones the starter. Hopefully, that won't be just honorary.

Homer here and here's the deal:

Marcel Reece is now a producer on the Raiders offense each week. Palmer will throw to who he trusts and those receivers include TE Myers, WR Denarius Moore, and FB Marcel Reece. WR's Darius Heyward-Bey and Denarius Moore are up and coming talents but they continue to be inconsistent catchers and route runners but Palmer continues to give them chances. Reece is also playing at multiple positions (RB/FB/TE/WR) and will continue to do so for the remainder of the season. He has gradually produced more and more as the season has progressed.

Reece should average about 50 receiving yards per game with a TD here and there. He is a good bye week fill-in this week since the Raiders will be passing on the Ravens depleted defense and will be playing catch-up if Flacco, Rice, and Troy Smith get on a role. If McFadden is out, he will be depended upon to execute draw and screen plays to help keep the aggressive defense honest and limit Palmer back hitting the dirt. He did this with success as the Raiders attempted their comeback in the 4th quarter of last weeks game playing not only at FB and RB but he also lined up in the slot on multiple occasions. If McFadden is out, I'd be confident with starting Reece at RB or even at RB/WR Flex. I have McFadden and I'm weary of starting him this week too. My flex RB is out (Packers RB Green) so I might throw Reece in the mix.

uhhggg... I have dmac and goodsen. After doing as much research as I can, I still cant figure who to pick up. Most experts say Reece, then again Taiwan has a case too. I was waiting for a reason to drop Finely so see ya dude ! I wish I knew how long Goodsen will be out, if I did I would drop him too for now.. if its a few weeks or so....... and grab 2 RB's off the ww. There is of course the 2 OAK RB's, D.Thomas, Redman, Ivory. Hunter and Jaquizz Rogers. This is a ppr, what would you guys do ? I did a package trade involing CJ and me getting DMAC last week. Please help

I would temper hopes

I expect lots of ray rice and clock control by ravens

I would temper hopes

I expect lots of ray rice and clock control by ravens

Because that's what they always do??? ????

How many times has rice gotten 20+ carries this year? They could do just that but what they are/ have been doing all year suggests otherwise.

The last few years I believe baltimore has increased rice's touches the second half. I would also check the weather on this one.

Greg cosell of NFL films refers to Palmer as a rhythm qb - you mess up his timing keeping him on the bench.

Finally and the obvious: oak couldn't stop Doug Martin. Good chance they can't stop ray rice.

Just traded DMC, Goodson, Titus and Olsen for Vernon Davis, Leshoure and Mike Williams...for the win. :pointstosky:

When I looked up collusion in the dictionary, this is the example that was given... Minus the :pointstosky:

This is a tough call between Reece or Jonees....We really don't have much information to be able to make a decision on them....

From what I've seen of Reece....He really impresses me. He reminds me a little of Brandon Jacobs.....Only faster and with better hands. Last season he had like 17 carries for 112 yards (6.5 ypc avg)...So he does have some experience carrying the ball. And he's shown some speed and good feet for his size. I sorta think the Raiders are crazy to not be giving this guy more carries than they have....Seems like he could be a good one cut runner...And might actually be able to break some tackles.

Jones is a burner...But he doesn't look like a guy to me that could take more than 10 carries or so....Just doesn't seem to have the typical RB build to me and isn't really a guy to be pounding the ball between the tackles.

If I had to guess, Jones would start the game at tailback and probably get some carries....But Reece will be on the field most of the game either as the FB or as the single back in passing formations. Remains to be seen if they'll give Reece any carries out of those single back sets.

Honestly, I'm picking them both up in the league that I have McFadden just to see how it plays out this week....The Saints are up next week.....so I think one of these guys is gonna make for a nice start next week.

I think I'd play Reece if I had to pick one though. He can probably get as many yards receiving as Jones can get rushing....And could be a threat to get some rushing yards if they are smart enough to give him some carries.

I had #1 waiver priority and DMAC & Goodson. I just passed on the Oakland backfield. I wouldn't start either over Vick Ballard this week and I think there's a good chance you see less than 15 carries for Oakland this week. Reece might be serviceable as a receiver out of the backfield but I think it's risky and at this point in the season I'm not willing to risk it.

This is a tough call between Reece or Jonees....We really don't have much information to be able to make a decision on them....

From what I've seen of Reece....He really impresses me. He reminds me a little of Brandon Jacobs.....Only faster and with better hands. Last season he had like 17 carries for 112 yards (6.5 ypc avg)...So he does have some experience carrying the ball. And he's shown some speed and good feet for his size. I sorta think the Raiders are crazy to not be giving this guy more carries than they have....Seems like he could be a good one cut runner...And might actually be able to break some tackles.

Jones is a burner...But he doesn't look like a guy to me that could take more than 10 carries or so....Just doesn't seem to have the typical RB build to me and isn't really a guy to be pounding the ball between the tackles.

If I had to guess, Jones would start the game at tailback and probably get some carries....But Reece will be on the field most of the game either as the FB or as the single back in passing formations. Remains to be seen if they'll give Reece any carries out of those single back sets.

Honestly, I'm picking them both up in the league that I have McFadden just to see how it plays out this week....The Saints are up next week.....so I think one of these guys is gonna make for a nice start next week.

I think I'd play Reece if I had to pick one though. He can probably get as many yards receiving as Jones can get rushing....And could be a threat to get some rushing yards if they are smart enough to give him some carries.

This is my thinking too.

I have both, plus Redman. If I don't start Redman I will go with Reece over Jones.

And Reece is a phenomenal athlete. He can really produce through the air.

Actually no one is mentioning this but Reece and Jones have each had games in past years when they had 6-7 carries and they both did very well.

The TB game was a function of Oak being in constant comeback mode. Also, Jones piut the ball on the ground on that fake punt, coaches don't like that. Hoever Jones can be electric. I picked him up because I could see him hitting a homre run TD and coming out with a nice statline and my being stuck next week. But overall I think Reece is the man to start if in a pinch.

I'm gonna roll with Jones at RB and Reece in my Flex since McFadden is out and Dez Bryant's hip is acting up too. Hoping for the best.