Sign in to follow this  
LSUtiger

C.J. focking Spiller

Who else is ready to see C.J.F.S. go off tonight on Thursday Night Football??

:banana: :banana:

FFToday's ITM projections are 140 total yards and 2 TDs. :shocking: That's almost fap-worthy. Let's hope the production meets the projections.

:pointstosky:

Got him in my lineup! :pointstosky:

Let's go CJ. :headbanger:

:overhead:

:banana:

Anything over 10 with him im happy. That was WITH a rbbc. Now that its just him I really cant wait to see how he does.

I've got him in my lineup as well but not expecting huge things. There is way too much buzz about how great he's going to be. I just hope he can find the endzone once and get close to a combined 100 yards.

FFToday's ITM projections are 140 total yards and 2 TDs. :shocking: That's almost fap-worthy. Let's hope the production meets the projections.

Have you read ITM much and followed up after the games? Better remind yourself that it is for entertainment purposes only.

No offense to the ITM writer of course.

I've got him in my lineup as well but not expecting huge things. There is way too much buzz about how great he's going to be. I just hope he can find the endzone once and get close to a combined 100 yards.

Touche. That said, 100 total yards and a TD would be just fine for me. Anything else (the potential for which is obviously there) is just gravy.

Yeah. I feel the weekly FFT letdown about to ensue. Way too much buzz to live up to and rarely do players meet such lofty expectations.

Double digits would be nice though.

I am in an absolute MUST win or I am out of the playoffs tonight. My opponent has Spiller and have won the league the past 2 years. He is also a good buddy of mine and a tremendous shyt talker as well as a lucky SOB. In addition, I have F Jax who is on my bench obviously.

Add this all up and I would expect a minimum of 16pts out of Spiller tonight, but 22-25 would not surprise me in the least.

3 carries, a fumble and a sprained knee! :nono:

19 carries for 140 yards 1 TD... 6 catches for 89 yards 1 TD... :banana:

This guy has proven himself in a starting role (end of last season) and is averaging around 8 yard per touch. I would say the hype is justified. Look at when he had the backfield to himself earlier this season, he literally has No. 1 overall RB potential.

With that being said, he has been nicked up at times, but we aren't here to predict injuries.

Chris Johnson just had a really nice game against Miami, and is a similar back to Spiller (at least in terms of speed). What works in Spiller's favor is his involvement in the passing game and Chan Gailey is much more creative offensive mind.

My prediction: 21car 132yards 1TD, 5rec 50yards

130 yards 1 TD is my prediction. However, anything over 10 points is excellent for any back IMO

Hype is a dangerous thing. Spiller is certainly set up to succeed tonight, however it is Thursday night football (which has mostly been anti-climatic) and Miami will be game-planning to shut him down. Whether or not they succeed in slowing him down is speculative, but Thursday Night letdowns have been far too common this season.

Don't get your hopes up too high. No running back had gone for over 100 yards rushing against the Dolphins defense in the last 22 games, except Chris Johnson last week.

Don't get your hopes up too high. No running back had gone for over 100 yards rushing against the Dolphins defense in the last 22 games, except Chris Johnson last week.

If Chris Johnson can do it, CJ Spiller can too, if not better. Under the spotlight, is where that kid will shine!!

CJ Spiller gets injured in the 1st quarter and Tashard Choice has a huge game. Tashard Choice becomes the #1 ww pickup for next week (unless you grab him today)!

CJ Spiller gets injured in the 1st quarter and Tashard Choice has a huge game. Tashard Choice becomes the #1 ww pickup for next week (unless you grab him today)!

Perhaps. He's a small guy. They list him at 5'11" 200 lbs, but I bet he's more like 185 or 190. There's a reason small guys like Eric Metcalf (for you old-timers) and Darren Sproles aren't given the full workload. They wouldn't hold up to that beating. That's what these guys who post his yards-per-carry average and cry that Fred Jackson should be benched just don't understand.

Hype is a dangerous thing. Spiller is certainly set up to succeed tonight, however it is Thursday night football (which has mostly been anti-climatic) and Miami will be game-planning to shut him down. Whether or not they succeed in slowing him down is speculative, but Thursday Night letdowns have been far too common this season.

Signed,

Doug Martin

Spiller Show!!! :overhead:

Perhaps. He's a small guy. They list him at 5'11" 200 lbs, but I bet he's more like 185 or 190. There's a reason small guys like Eric Metcalf (for you old-timers) and Darren Sproles aren't given the full workload. They wouldn't hold up to that beating. That's what these guys who post his yards-per-carry average and cry that Fred Jackson should be benched just don't understand.

Metcalf and Sproles are listed at 190lbs... does that mean they are really 175?

Off the top of my head.... here are a few guys who played from 190-215lbs... Of course they could have been 175-200, depending on whether or not we are guessing.

These guys weren't very good and couldn't handle the load because of their size!

Brian Westbrook

Warrick Dunn

Ray Rice

Chris Johnson

Emmitt Smith

MJD

LT

Metcalf and Sproles are listed at 190lbs... does that mean they are really 175?

Off the top of my head.... here are a few guys who played from 190-215lbs... Of course they could have been 175-200, depending on whether or not we are guessing.

These guys weren't very good and couldn't handle the load because of their size!

Brian Westbrook

Warrick Dunn

Ray Rice

Chris Johnson

Emmitt Smith

MJD

LT

Warrick Dunn is a good comparison. And he was used like Spiller. And Metcalf. And Sproles. He split carries with Mike Alstott

Westbrook, Rice, MJD, LT, and Emmitt were all short and stocky. Very muscular with thick thighs. A much better frame to take a pounding. Spiller is thin. No comparison.

The only guy you listed that is a full-time starter and is similar in size to Spiller is Chris Johnson. MAybe the Bills will get lucky and he can be a rare smaller, thin RB who can carry the laod.

I hope CJ Spiller comes to this site often. This thread is gonna fuel him. You think Doug Martin had a good game with 50+ points? Wait till you see what Spiller can do...

I honestly believe that Reggie Bush outstats Spiller tonight. I'm not very good at guessing though.

Clemson grad here so i know spiller's game well. Bush will not outscore him.

He feeds off of confidence and love from the fanbase, the fact the he is the unquestioned lead back tonight will have him at his best. In other words he will go off tonight b/c he is supposed to. Seriously, barring an injury he will put up like 30pts.

When he and James Davis were at Clemson, Spiller was clearly the better RB but Davis was 2 yrs older and they split carries. When Davis graduated he got some kind of mental boost when he knew he was the sole ball carrier. You have already seen him do this when Jackson went down the first time.

He's a great receiver too. Clemson's passing was horrible under the bowden regime and he was the best receiver we had some of those years.

20 to 30pts tonight, book it.

That's approximately the same size as Chris Johnson & Jamaal Charles.

Another thing to consider is the size of defenders. In the last few years, lineman and linebackers are, for the most part, getting smaller and faster to keep up with these spread-out offenses. It probably allows for some of these "smaller" RB's to take less punishment.

And the ultra-fast/quick guys like Charles/Johnson/Spiller are able to avoid many big, straight-on hits.

Warrick Dunn is a good comparison. And he was used like Spiller. And Metcalf. And Sproles. He split carries with Mike Alstott

Westbrook, Rice, MJD, LT, and Emmitt were all short and stocky. Very muscular with thick thighs. A much better frame to take a pounding. Spiller is thin. No comparison.

The only guy you listed that is a full-time starter and is similar in size to Spiller is Chris Johnson. MAybe the Bills will get lucky and he can be a rare smaller, thin RB who can carry the laod.

Oh... you prefer someone with the exact same build as Spiller?

OK... how's Walter Payton sound?

Sure it was 20 years ago, but to insinuate that a guy 5'11, 200 lbs cant carry though load is absurd!

Spiller is my #2 RB this week behind only Arian Foster who has a nice matchup against the Jags. Great stat above by bugzy about the Miami defense. I'll have to give that a tweet!

Spiller -

18 carries, 100 yards, 1 TD

4 receptions, 40 yards rec

Oh... you prefer someone with the exact same build as Spiller?

OK... how's Walter Payton sound?

Sure it was 20 years ago, but to insinuate that a guy 5'11, 200 lbs cant carry though load is absurd!

I didn't say never. I said it's rare. Try to keep up.

There's a reason Dunn split with Alstott. There's a reason Sproles splits with Thomas/Ingram. And there's a reason Spiller splits with FJax. The teams know they have a valuable resource and want to limit the punishment and reduce injury risk. In all the cases I've mentioned, the smaller, quicker back was more dynamic and had more big play ability. That was never the argument.

Spiller is my #2 RB this week behind only Arian Foster who has a nice matchup against the Jags. Great stat above by bugzy about the Miami defense. I'll have to give that a tweet!

Spiller -

18 carries, 100 yards, 1 TD

4 receptions, 40 yards rec

Can't wait! (Bart Scott voice)