Sign in to follow this  
idiotekniQues

Week 12 Defenses

a few good matchups this week of D's that may be on the wire.

Arizona is playing St. Louis - I think either of those D's could rack up some points.

Balt is playing SD. Take a D vs SD. If I had listened to my own advice, I'd have had the Bucs in Week11 and won instead of lost.

the Broncos draw KC. if you have them on your WW they should be on your list.

the Skins could be a surprise draw against Romo who as we know can throw multiple picks with minimal effort. Divisional game, always interesting.

There's no way Balt or Denver are available in most leagues.

I'm targeting Arizona (over Wash and STL), despite them not doing well the last time they met up with STL. I think any of the three are decent options this week. I'd rank them as follows:

1. ARI

2. WASH

3. STL

I'm going with Arizona this week. I am keeping Washington from last week too though since I have the room now that byes are over - a Cleveland/Philly schedule for the playoffs looks tasty.

There's no way Balt or Denver are available in most leagues.

I'm targeting Arizona (over Wash and STL), despite them not doing well the last time they met up with STL. I think any of the three are decent options this week. I'd rank them as follows:

1. ARI

2. WASH

3. STL

agreed. but it's always good to look and see. in my league a guy was carrying 2 D's, houston and denver. he dropped denver as houston has been doing very well and had jacksonville, so he made room for another player.

Carolina is a good mention by the last poster, they do have 2 good weeks coming.

agreed. but it's always good to look and see. in my league a guy was carrying 2 D's, houston and denver. he dropped denver as houston has been doing very well and had jacksonville, so he made room for another player.

Carolina is a good mention by the last poster, they do have 2 good weeks coming.

I'm leaning towards CAR vs PHL over STL vs AZ right now. PHL in lockeroom turmoil and no Vick or Shady.

And by the way, this thread imo is a perfect example as to why you never should draft a DEF until 2nd to last rd right before kicker. And a good idea that I've been doing for years now is picking up a DEF with good matchup coming 2 weeks in advance, so nobody else bidding on them. For ex. I picked up CAR last week knowing they played PHL this week. Only downfall is you usually kill a roster spot by carrying 2 D's at a time, but if rest of your team solid its worth it.

I'm dropping Miami's DST against Seattle for STL DST vs. Arizona.

Seattle is coming off of a bye and their offense has scored 24+ in their last 3 games and they're just looking really good. Miami is the better defense in fantasy, but ehh.

Arizona's offense is 31st in the league. Statistically, the Rams are the better defense. Last game against AZ they had 9 sacks. I know that's not happening again. But I'm guessing at least 3. I think they'll finally get a turnover again and it'll be a low scoring game.

And by the way, this thread imo is a perfect example as to why you never should draft a DEF until 2nd to last rd right before kicker. And a good idea that I've been doing for years now is picking up a DEF with good matchup coming 2 weeks in advance, so nobody else bidding on them. For ex. I picked up CAR last week knowing they played PHL this week. Only downfall is you usually kill a roster spot by carrying 2 D's at a time, but if rest of your team solid its worth it.

i totally believe in that strategy. took a couple of years off of FF but the first three years i played i used the FFToday cheatsheet along with hours and hours of research pre-draft and during the season, combined the two and won way more than lost.

always got a defense in the last few rounds. this year i started with NE cause i liked their first matchup. then dropped them to pick up AZ (who was doing well) against Philly (turnover happy), they went off that week. kept AZ for a bit, played a matchup with the Brown's D. last week used Cinci vs KC. this week got lucky to get Denver.

in my league i am ranked as the #3 in defense (CBS standard). the bears owner is #1, the Houston owner #2.

in my league i am ranked as the #3 in defense (CBS standard). the bears owner is #1, the Houston owner #2.

Wow that's pretty impressive man. Do you run a 3-4 or 4-3 as your primary defense? :)

U guys think BALT is a good play this week on the road? N.E. is available and I am considering dropping BALT for N.E. @ NYJ :dunno:

I have been considering going with either ARI, STL, or CAR for match ups this week. However, I have the Texans defense. Im just REALLY hesitant to start them after getting me -4 points against the Jags last week. Am I even crazy for thinking that?

Some good suggestions guys. :thumbsup:

Just added CAR in my 14 teamer, though it feels weird popping them in there for SF. The Niners can bludgeon a bad offense, but they're pretty pedestrian versus a productive one for fantasy.. and Brees gets rid of the ball pretty quickly.

I preferred the Rams but they got snagged already.

Currently holding onto the CIN D v. OAK so far in my other league. I can pop in ARI again, but i'm that their woeful QB sitch may trickle down and screw up their DST's bottom line. They did go interception berserko on Matty Ice last week.. Hmmmmmm.. It's not like the Bungles are going to shut down Palmer & Co.

Actually CAR is available in this one too. Got some decisions I have to make.. :wacko:

U guys think BALT is a good play this week on the road? N.E. is available and I am considering dropping BALT for N.E. @ NYJ :dunno:

Think Sanchez usually even has Rivers beat in the turnover derby. Last week notwithstanding.. add the Pats and enjoy some Jets abuse on Thanksgiving dude. You can't say you didn't make a smart play.. regardless of the exact outcome. :thumbsup:

Carolina with Philly then KC on deck...nice 2 week stretch!!!

This is what I am rolling with.

I get the feeling Carolina won't be a good choice this week. It's just a get feeling though. I'm thinking Philly finally gets the big play going, along with that screen game that picked up last week.

Rivers sucks. I think Baltimore's a decent play this week.

I picked up GBay and will roll with them ag mistake prone Manning this year. Plus, Gmen ST suck.

Got Carolina but also picked up Tenn. against Jax. Still don't know who I will start.

I had picked up TEN last week in anticipation for their matchup with JAX, but the way JAX looked against HOU w/ Henne under center makes it seem like less of a gimmee. Most likely a one game fluke but it does give me pause.

I am thinking:

1.Cyn vs oak

2.clev vs Pit

3.car @ phili

4.Stl @ AZ

Cyn and clev both play @home... which is big. I feel like you couldn't go wrong with either.

I think you're CRAZY if you start WasD against Dal on thanksgiving, when Dal is 5-0 on turkey day and when skins just lost Maryweather for the season, also wilson and fletcher might not play. (i hope i am wrong as i am skins homer)

Philly is playing back up QB and RB, CAR is a good play this week for sure.

Vick could still play.. and since phily plays on monday you'll be stuck

Vick could still play.. and since phily plays on monday you'll be stuck

Ummm. Exactly how would you be "stuck" if Vick plays? The guy is a turnover machine.

How about Cleveland at home against Pittsburgh? Possibility that both Batch AND Roethlisberger are out. Cleveland D has been the strong suit for that team...could be a sneaky pick.

I'm debating Cincy and Carolina...I would have to burn a roster move to pick Carolina up...but the game against KC next week does provide usefulness as well

How about Cleveland at home against Pittsburgh? Possibility that both Batch AND Roethlisberger are out. Cleveland D has been the strong suit for that team...could be a sneaky pick.

I'm debating Cincy and Carolina...I would have to burn a roster move to pick Carolina up...but the game against KC next week does provide usefulness as well

If you are roasting Cincy or Cleveland, no one is going to pick them up, just dump and pick up Carolina. In 3 of my leagues, only in 1 league I am keeping Seattle but playing NE D this week.

I just dumped Atlanta for Carolina.

How about Cincy at home vs. Oakland? You'd think they be pretty fired up about Carson coming to town.

I think that is a good pick. I don't trust Carson. I think Cinci will be more fired up than he will be.

I picked up GBay and will roll with them ag mistake prone Manning this year. Plus, Gmen ST suck.

You'll be disappointed. The Giants are going to tear that defense up.

You'll be disappointed. The Giants are going to tear that defense up.

They haven't torn anyone up in a month. When was the last time threw a TD? Don't be so sure my friend. Gmen have been known to stink it up at home on prime time.

Thoughts on starting MIN D instead of Dallas D? Bears are sliding bad and Cutler might not play. Dallas is strong against the pass but RGIII looked too good last game.

Thoughts on starting MIN D instead of Dallas D? Bears are sliding bad and Cutler might not play. Dallas is strong against the pass but RGIII looked too good last game.

Wooooo a nellie here. RG3 looked good against a horrible Eagles team that has been torched by everyone this year. Dallas on the road will not be easy. Their secondary is very good. RG3 has little toys to play with. Temper your expectations here. He will be fortunate to get you 20 FP.

Bears lost another starting o-lineman this week, so this looks like as strong a play as you could make for a ww add.

They haven't torn anyone up in a month. When was the last time threw a TD? Don't be so sure my friend. Gmen have been known to stink it up at home on prime time.

:lol: What happened?

Eli owns the Packers. If you didn't see this coming after Giants had their bye, then sorry about that. Wish I would've gotten to reply sooner and maybe convince others not to go GB DST.