Sign in to follow this  
DrMantisToboggan

Is Julio ok to start?

Same boat here in deciding between Julio, Blackmon or Lance Moore.

I can't trust Lance with Sproles back and his lack of catches last week, although both were for scores but Blackmon will see his share of targets. Julio can put up a huge game and he has had great numbers against the Bucs. The unknown is how effective he will be on Sunday.

I benched him in two leagues for the second week. In his place Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton.

Despite the juicy matchup, I just can't bring myself to trust Julio this week. I wish ATL would just hold him out to get that ankle right and get him 100% for the Saints game next week.

As of now I'm starting Cecil Shorts or Bryce Brown over Julio.

Same quandary. Playoff start next week and I am in a MUST win game, win and in, lose and go home. As of right now, I am starting Blackmon and D Alexander with Julio on the bench. It sucks, bc if healthy, Julio could go OFF in this game. As it stand, like others have stated, it's almost impossible to start Julio with any confidence, as he will likely be more of a decoy and R White will get all of the love. If he even plays the whole game.

Not confident rolling out Blackmon or D Alexander though. I have a feeling the Ravens are going to try to focus on Alexander and make Floyd and Gates beat them. And Blackmon, well, one good game doesn't have me feeling goosey all over.

If Julio plays, it will be tough to sit him, really tough.

You guys are crazy. U didn't draft Julio to sit on ur bench. Never sit your studs...if he is playing assume doctors know more than u. PLAY HIM! I wish I had that option...I have to play DX and blackmon cause Lloyd and Wallace are unplayable right now.

Glad I'm not alone. Have him on the bench on the one league I have him, where I'm loaded at WR talent anyway. Unfortunately I had to cut Garcon a few weeks ago or I'd be in even better shape. I tried to move Julio for a decent RB option but couldn't close, so now he's just on my bench.

Starting Cobb, Nicks and DX. Julio and Antonio Brown on my bench. The entire bunch outside of Cobb is very injury prone, although I kind of wish I still had Garcon that's too many slots to WR to devote to.

You guys are crazy. U didn't draft Julio to sit on ur bench. Never sit your studs...if he is playing assume doctors know more than u. PLAY HIM! I wish I had that option...I have to play DX and blackmon cause Lloyd and Wallace are unplayable right now.

How did it work out last week, and for those who played A Hernandez this week? Hell, the guy could get hurt in the 1st quarter and not even play the whole game. Sure, they will trot him out there bc the defense will have to respect his potential, but I smell decoy written all over that situation.

When a stud is healthy, I always play them, regardless of match-up. That includes starting R Rice next week in the 1st round of playoffs in my other league when I can't remember the last time Rice had a good game against the Pitt D. Still, you can't sit him, you just can't.

But Julio, dinged up, that may just be too risky, especially when you have good alternatives

Despite the juicy matchup, I just can't bring myself to trust Julio this week. I wish ATL would just hold him out to get that ankle right and get him 100% for the Saints game next week.

As of now I'm starting Cecil Shorts or Bryce Brown over Julio.

this. benched in two leagues. i dxd and other j jonesd. pace of the game will dictate his targets usage output.

I really wish they'd sit him a game and get his ass healthy for ff playoffs.

Agreed. They should've rested him last week since he was questionable to play in the 1st place. I don't need him this week so I think I'll flex Hillman vs. the Chiefs. I benched Julio last week & it paid off, just wanna see him healthy for the playoffs.

NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reports the pace of Sunday's game versus the Bucs might dictate how the Falcons use Julio Jones on offense.

The report doesn't tell us much more than we already suspected after seeing Jones at his less than explosive self last Sunday -- and noting that he practiced twice this week. If the game turns into a shootout against a Bucs offense averaging a gaudy 34.2 points the past six weeks, Jones will be more heavily involved. Darlington took to Twitter to advise fantasy leaguers to start "anyone associated with the Falcons' passing offense" against a Tampa Bay defense surrendering a league-worst 312.6 yards through the air per game.

NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reports the pace of Sunday's game versus the Bucs might dictate how the Falcons use Julio Jones on offense.

The report doesn't tell us much more than we already suspected after seeing Jones at his less than explosive self last Sunday -- and noting that he practiced twice this week. If the game turns into a shootout against a Bucs offense averaging a gaudy 34.2 points the past six weeks, Jones will be more heavily involved. Darlington took to Twitter to advise fantasy leaguers to start "anyone associated with the Falcons' passing offense" against a Tampa Bay defense surrendering a league-worst 312.6 yards through the air per game.

:wall:

Julio or Danario

Just read this as well. FOCK! Now I feel more inclined to play Julio now since this has the makings of a shootout. Martin is gonna gash Atlanta's run defense & Freeman will take his shots as well. With Julio gimpy, you'd think TB will focus on shutting down Roddy. So does this leave Julio in more single coverage due to his injury?

Gonna be struggling with this decision up until gametime.

Julio, Danario, or Hilton

i guess since it looks like danario has the trust of Rivers i may just go with him rather than risking a sub 10 point game from Julio if he reinjures himself.

I'm starting Danario over Julio. I also have Heyward Bey on the bench. I cut Blackmon last week before he went off. Not happy about that. But I cut Hartline before he went off and that worked out ok.

I've got him on the bench. He's usually my WR2 in 12 Geeks but I'm benching both him and WR3 Bowe in favor of Michael Crabtree and Denarious Moore. They're good WRs with good matchups.

Going Danario over Julio. Can't afford a repeat of last week and that's a definite possibility with them stating that his use will depend on game situation. They're basically saying that they will avoid using him if possible.

I have Julio (and Harvin) so I'm faced with going with Blackmon and Torrey Smith as one or both of my WR's if I decide to sit Julio. I can't afford a repeat of last week as this is a must win game or I'm out of the playoffs. Unless there are positive updates this morning, I am going to bench Julio.

This kid is an amazing talent; but kinda soft :music_guitarred:

All those who waited in redraft, and took Roddy a couple rounds later gotta be :headbanger:

Big national spotlight game coming up Thursday vs. the Saints .... Julio goes off in 4 days; not so much today :pointstosky:

Explore other options, kids ... I'm benching him for that two bit DIVA/Nutbar Stevie Johnson :doublethumbsup:

I AM NEW POSTER GUY!!1!

UGH, this is driving me nuts. Wish they'd just sit him. He's got to be alright for them to play him with a huge divisional game in just 4 days. They can't be that stupid can they?

EDIT: Yes I realize today is divisional game too.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on Sunday NFL Countdown that Julio Jones (ankle, questionable) is expected to play on Sunday against the Bucs.

NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reported as much on Saturday, opining that "the pace of play could dictate" just how much Jones actually plays. Schefter didn't delve into specifics of role or snap count, but this is good news either way. Tampa Bay sports the league's worst pass defense, so even a limited Jones would be a solid fantasy play. Schefter also noted that WLB Sean Weatherspoon (illness, questionable) is expected to play.

Sucks to have yet another high round pick injured but that's fantasy football. Fortunately I'm good at wr and have Dez and R Wayne. For me it comes down to a call at Flex between Julio, Hillman (yes I had McGahee and lost him, injuries are a part of the game) or F Jackson (another constant injury). I also have T Smith but he's become way too much famine vs feast for me.

I'm going with Hillman and sitting Julio, just seems a bit safer.

Just to add a little more....

Bucs CB Eric Wright (Achilles) will not play on Sunday against the Falcons.

Tampa Bay's league-worst pass defense will be minus their top corner. This bodes well for Atlanta's dual receiving threat of Roddy White and Julio Jones. E.J. Biggers and Leonard Johnson will start on the outside with LeQuan Lewis manning the slot. Get your Falcons in fantasy lineups.

Another way to look at the fact that Atlanta is playing the league-worst passing d in the Bucs, who are also banged up, is that they have even LESS of a need to use Julio. Going against such inferior talent gives their backup wr's a better chance of being effective so no need to risk injuring him. If I was the coach I would be keeping him healthy for the shootout next week in New Orleans. Just sayin.

I think you are right, and it's like they said earlier, the game will dictate how much he plays. If it's a blow out, either way, might as well sit him. Tough call....

NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reports Julio Jones (ankle) "looked just fine" in pre-game warmups Sunday, and a Falcons source confirms Jones "looked good in practice all week."

If you're planning on benching your WR1, it's getting less and less defensible. Jones is clearly much farther along than he was in Week 11, and is squaring off with a league-worst pass defense that will be missing its top corner in Eric Wright. Start your stud.

NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reports Julio Jones (ankle) "looked just fine" in pre-game warmups Sunday, and a Falcons source confirms Jones "looked good in practice all week."

If you're planning on benching your WR1, it's getting less and less defensible. Jones is clearly much farther along than he was in Week 11, and is squaring off with a league-worst pass defense that will be missing its top corner in Eric Wright. Start your stud.

Fock it. I'm rolling with Julio the Gimp. Don't let me down you Bama POS.

Fock it. I'm rolling with Julio the Gimp. Don't let me down you Bama POS.

Same here... Playing Julio, Wayne, and Denario Alexander ahead of Cecil Shorts

X2

X3. Also, looks like a lot of people hitching their wagons to DX today. Me too. If I were in Vegas, I would have to bet against the rising line on DX. May regret starting JJ and DX over Blackmon. Cmon M Lewis!! :pointstosky:

With the news that Denver is starting Moreno it looks less promising for Hillman so fock it all, I'm starting Julio.

Bunch of players to choose from that are either injured or in committee roles....:wall: