Sign in to follow this  
Little Rusty

Romo Blew It!

I'm as BIG of a Tony Romo fan as anybody I've known of, but tonight he had a chance to overcome his demons but only fed them a feast.

Sure the Cowboys Coaching was lame, and the defense can't stop sh!t when it really matters, but Tony did NOT make the BIGTIME plays he needed to. He simply wasn't "there" for most of the game.

I still believe in him and am confident that someday he'll grab the golden ring, but today as well as many others in his NFL Career he has dropped the ball.

I'm as BIG of a Tony Romo fan as anybody I've known of, but tonight he had a chance to overcome his demons but only fed them a feast.

Sure the Cowboys Coaching was lame, and the defense can't stop sh!t when it really matters, but Tony did NOT make the BIGTIME plays he needed to. He simply wasn't "there" for most of the game.

I still believe in him and am confident that someday he'll grab the golden ring, but today as well as many others in his NFL Career he has dropped the ball.

Nonsense, he didn't drop the ball. He just threw it to the Redskins.

I still believe in him

You deserve the heartache then. I'm not a hater like most, but it's obvious something happens to him during crunch time.

Redskins fan here who was at the game. At this point, I'm actually starting to feel bad for the guy. He's a pretty good qb but just fails so miserably on the big stage. Only a super bowl victory will overcome the stigma attached to him now.

Redskins fan here who was at the game. At this point, I'm actually starting to feel bad for the guy. He's a pretty good qb but just fails so miserably on the big stage. Only a super bowl victory will overcome the stigma attached to him now.

Jerry should trade for Tebow. He might suck, but at least he's won a playoff game.

i agree with everything in the OP. he had what every QB fantasizes about--the ball in the final minutes with the playoffs on the line.

and he blew it.

not just his fault, and i still believe in the guy. but sometimes he makes it really tough to be a fan.

Not usually a big Jim Rome lover, but he's got Romo pegged.

He calls him "backward hat guy".

It's basically a euphamism for "Big dumb jock who's had his life handed to him who just can't handle - or accept that there's a shiit-ton at stake." Guarantee the difference between him and Manning (for ex) is that Manning wouldn't sleep a wink after a performance like that. - Romo? Probably, likely, slept like a freaking baby.

You see good QB's - even in winning efforts doing this on the sidelines: :argue:

Romo? If you do see him involved at all, it's usually: :dunno: or :bandana: .

In the NFL, 'Till you give a shiit, you ain't worth a shiit.

update: romo apparently reportedly a broken rib early in the game. this changes a lot.

source article

No it doesn't. If he normally was clutch and played one crappy game, then it might have some significance. I don't recall seeing a lot of grimacing or any limitations in Romo's play. Two or his three interceptions were just horrible choices. He is what we thought he was.

Not usually a big Jim Rome lover, but he's got Romo pegged.

He calls him "backward hat guy".

It's basically a euphamism for "Big dumb jock who's had his life handed to him who just can't handle - or accept that there's a shiit-ton at stake." Guarantee the difference between him and Manning (for ex) is that Manning wouldn't sleep a wink after a performance like that. - Romo? Probably, likely, slept like a freaking baby.

You see good QB's - even in winning efforts doing this on the sidelines: :argue:

Romo? If you do see him involved at all, it's usually: :dunno: or :bandana: .

In the NFL, 'Till you give a shiit, you ain't worth a shiit.

Romo went undrafted. Was an unheard of 3rd stringer for 2 years. Rose to #2 in his 3rd year. Became starter in year 4. Most of the criticism has it's place, but I don't think he fits the stereotype of the guy that had everything handed to him.

Romo went undrafted. Was an unheard of 3rd stringer for 2 years. Rose to #2 in his 3rd year. Became starter in year 4. Most of the criticism has it's place, but I don't think he fits the stereotype of the guy that had everything handed to him.

I agree with this.

He went to Eastern Illinois for christ sakes. Even Tom Brady had an easier road than Tony Romo

I would agree with you that since he has made it in the NFL and received a huge contract he doesn't give as much of a shite as he should. He cares more about golf and who he is dating.

I agree with this.

He went to Eastern Illinois for christ sakes. Even Tom Brady had an easier road than Tony Romo

I would agree with you that since he has made it in the NFL and received a huge contract he doesn't give as much of a shite as he should. He cares more about golf and who he is dating.

This. I saw someone else write about this before, I think on NFL.com. Basically Romo doesn't have the same approach to the game the former top picks do, or even that Brady does. Those guys know they're elite, know they belong at the top, and work hard to make sure they stay there. Romo is more like a Sanchez, where deep down he knows he doesn't belong in the upper echelon but knows he's getting away with being there. He just doesn't have the work ethic or drive that a Brady or Peyton or RG3 do.

Romo had a stinker of a game, agreed - but so did the rest of his team. The offensive line could not stop Washington's pass rush - nothing new, they are the worse unit in the league, haven't stopped anyone all year long. The defense gave up 200 yards rushing and 3 td's to one rooking running back - Tom Brady, Drew Brees, nor Payton Manning would of made anymore tackles in that game than Romo did.

Romo gets a bad wrap for his work ethic, fact of the matter is he has worked as hard as anyone over the past 2 years as you will find in the league. The crap he got for chasing tour qualifiers he gave up, nobody seems to remember that. Tony Romo is the quarterback of a pretty average football team that played most of the season with 6-8 of it's defensive starters out. The team is so bad that Romo has to be damn near perfect in order for them to win - when is off, they lose. Is Romo elite? No. Is he servicable and can you win with him? Yes - but he needs help. W/out #9 this year the Cows go 5-11, maybe worse. I'd be willing to bet he damn near scrambled for more yards behind the line of scrimmage, running for his life, thank he threw in the air....... Until Clowny stops paying for steak and sizzle and addresses both the defensive and offensive lines - this team wil not win, no matter who is calling the signals.

Do you remember when the Cowboys were going to be the first team to win a SB in their home Stadium and they didn't even make the playoffs? :banana: Good Times!

I say this every year and have been right every year, "The Cowboys will never win a SB as long as Tony Romo is their QB."

This. I saw someone else write about this before, I think on NFL.com. Basically Romo doesn't have the same approach to the game the former top picks do, or even that Brady does. Those guys know they're elite, know they belong at the top, and work hard to make sure they stay there. Romo is more like a Sanchez, where deep down he knows he doesn't belong in the upper echelon but knows he's getting away with being there. He just doesn't have the work ethic or drive that a Brady or Peyton or RG3 do.

I think it's ridiculous to question his work ethic. I think the guy works his ass off and I bet very few if any QBs work harder. But it's a success business. If you lose the big game, people will assume you don't care as much and didn't work as hard as the guy that won the same game. I get it.

Romo had a stinker of a game, agreed - but so did the rest of his team. The offensive line could not stop Washington's pass rush - nothing new, they are the worse unit in the league, haven't stopped anyone all year long. The defense gave up 200 yards rushing and 3 td's to one rooking running back - Tom Brady, Drew Brees, nor Payton Manning would of made anymore tackles in that game than Romo did.

Romo gets a bad wrap for his work ethic, fact of the matter is he has worked as hard as anyone over the past 2 years as you will find in the league. The crap he got for chasing tour qualifiers he gave up, nobody seems to remember that. Tony Romo is the quarterback of a pretty average football team that played most of the season with 6-8 of it's defensive starters out. The team is so bad that Romo has to be damn near perfect in order for them to win - when is off, they lose. Is Romo elite? No. Is he servicable and can you win with him? Yes - but he needs help. W/out #9 this year the Cows go 5-11, maybe worse. I'd be willing to bet he damn near scrambled for more yards behind the line of scrimmage, running for his life, thank he threw in the air....... Until Clowny stops paying for steak and sizzle and addresses both the defensive and offensive lines - this team wil not win, no matter who is calling the signals.

If Orton starts 16 games, they are a 2-14 team.

I say this every year and have been right every year, "The Cowboys will never win a SB as long as Jerry Jones is their GM"

Fixored

Here are my observations from outside.

1. the best GM the Boys have had under the Jones era was Mike Lynne, MN Vikings GM that gave too much for a 1 dimensional rb in hopes of going SB.

2. While Romo is a better FF qb, unlike Aikman. Aikman is franchise starting nfl qb, unlike Romo

3. Jones gives too much money to too crappy of players. Overhypes what he has and is clueless about what is necessary. He is a younger living version of Al Davis.

1. the best GM the Boys have had under the Jones era was Mike Lynne, MN Vikings GM that gave too much for a 1 dimensional rb in hopes of going SB.

2. While Romo is a better FF qb, unlike Aikman. Aikman is franchise starting nfl qb, unlike Romo

3. Jones gives too much money to too crappy of players. Overhypes what he has and is clueless about what is necessary. He is a younger living version of Al Davis.

Herschel Walker was NOT one dimensional. One of the better running backs in the history of football at running, pass catching, and returning kicks. Look up the stats, they don't lie.

Herschel Walker was NOT one dimensional. One of the better running backs in the history of football at running, pass catching, and returning kicks. Look up the stats, they don't lie.

+1

Herschel Walker was many things as a professional football player, but one dimensional was not one of them.

Maybe, and I'm a huge Aikman fan. But this we know for sure - Romo never played with the supporting cast that Troy did, both offensively and defensively. No less than 5 of those are already in or headed to the HOF. When asked who is the best offensive line of all time, they mention the one Troy, Emmitt, and Mike played behind. Romo's would have a hard time starting in the SEC.

Maybe, and I'm a huge Aikman fan. But this we know for sure - Romo never played with the supporting cast that Troy did, both offensively and defensively. No less than 5 of those are already in or headed to the HOF. When asked who is the best offensive line of all time, they mention the one Troy, Emmitt, and Mike played behind. Romo's would have a hard time starting in the SEC.

Romo played on a team that had 13 Pro-Bowlers which is an NFL record. :dunno:

They where picked to win the SB by many analysts for multiple years. :dunno:

The Cowboys will never win a SB with Tony Romo at QB.

Romo played on a team that had 13 Pro-Bowlers which is an NFL record. :dunno:

They where picked to win the SB by many analysts for multiple years. :dunno:

Cowboys get ProBowl invites simply because of the uniform. It's a popularity contest, and the Cowgirls are the prettiest girl at the prom in that respect. Really not relevant because the team with the most probowlers is rarely the best team.

Romo played on a team that had 13 Pro-Bowlers which is an NFL record.

It was a joke then, and it's still a joke today. All but 3 deserved to be on that team - names like M. Barber, Hamlin, Gurode, Adams, R. Williams, and the kicker had no business being on it. And oh by the way, this star studded team went 9-7 and finished 3rd in the division.

They where picked to win the SB by many analysts for multiple years

And the Mayans predicted the end of the world, big deal. None of the grounded fans I know picked us - we knew we were paper champions with no real depth or skill at key positions. Those teams were old and slow - everyone knew it but the dumbasses who picked them.

Maybe, maybe not. Romo is not the reason this team has not advanced to the post season and faired well. If you followed closer, might now that .

It was a joke then, and it's still a joke today. All but 3 deserved to be on that team - names like M. Barber, Hamlin, Gurode, Adams, R. Williams, and the kicker had no business being on it. And oh by the way, this star studded team went 9-7 and finished 3rd in the division.

And the Mayans predicted the end of the world, big deal. None of the grounded fans I know picked us - we knew we were paper champions with no real depth or skill at key positions. Those teams were old and slow - everyone knew it but the dumbasses who picked them.

Maybe, maybe not. Romo is not the reason this team has not advanced to the post season and faired well. If you followed closer, might now that .

This brings up a bigger issue, management. Last years draft (2012) for example...Jerry trades a hell of a lot to move up a few spaces to select Claiborne. Looking at what Cincinnati has done with Terrence Newman (Cowboy castoff) in the secondary (gone from worst defense in the league statistically for the first half to best defense in the the league statistically for the second half of the season) and knowing the holes in the rest of the defense, would it not have been wiser to stay put and select Kirkpatrick at their allotted spot and fill other positions with the picks he traded away? Jerry is making bad decisions, and openly supporting Romo the way he does is part of it. I want my QB playing for his job, every week, if I can. If my QB isn't playing up to expectations, I want him worried. Coming out mere days after Romo's 2nd biggest failure to date (I still rate the debacle with Philly a couple of years back higher) and supporting him by saying "he's our QB of the future" sends the message that his failure is tolerated.

:overhead: You have to love the Cowboy fans, 1 playoff win this century and they defend their second tier QB to the death. How's that working for you? :lol:

:overhead: You have to love the Cowboy fans, 1 playoff win this century and they defend their second tier QB to the death. How's that working for you? :lol:

He also has his faults - all this one is saying is that you can win with him. Hell, look at Ponder - he is in the playoffs, anyone rather have him up in Minnesota over Romo? I doubt it....... But if you really want to look at it this team has far bigger needs. Replacing Romo does not solve the glaring hole at right guard, left guard, center, right tackle, nose guard, defensive end, strong safety, free safety, slot corner, back up tailback, or GM.

This brings up a bigger issue, management. Last years draft (2012) for example...Jerry trades a hell of a lot to move up a few spaces to select Claiborne. Looking at what Cincinnati has done with Terrence Newman (Cowboy castoff) in the secondary (gone from worst defense in the league statistically for the first half to best defense in the the league statistically for the second half of the season) and knowing the holes in the rest of the defense, would it not have been wiser to stay put and select Kirkpatrick at their allotted spot and fill other positions with the picks he traded away? Jerry is making bad decisions, and openly supporting Romo the way he does is part of it. I want my QB playing for his job, every week, if I can. If my QB isn't playing up to expectations, I want him worried. Coming out mere days after Romo's 2nd biggest failure to date (I still rate the debacle with Philly a couple of years back higher) and supporting him by saying "he's our QB of the future" sends the message that his failure is tolerated.

Clowny making bad personnel decisions is nothing new - it is the standard around here. We can go all the way back to the day the head Clown dealt 2 first round picks for Joey Galloway - it never stopped from there.

He also has his faults - all this one is saying is that you can win with him. Hell, look at Ponder - he is in the playoffs, anyone rather have him up in Minnesota over Romo? I doubt it....... But if you really want to look at it this team has far bigger needs. Replacing Romo does not solve the glaring hole at right guard, left guard, center, right tackle, nose guard, defensive end, strong safety, free safety, slot corner, back up tailback, or GM.

He is not a winner, check his entire career and tell me what his teams have won. He has always put up good stats.

He is not a winner, check his entire career and tell me what his teams have won. He has always put up good stats.

Since he assumed full time starter, there have been 7 different SB winners. So technically, those 7 are the only real winning qb's in the league. Looking at the list, it is full of elite quarterbacks. Once again, Romo is not elite, he is pretty good and servicable. Having watched every one of his games I know his overall record is 55-38 with a .591 winning % and a career rating of 95.6. Drew Brees and Matthew Stafford finished 1st and 2nd in passing yards - neither is in the playoffs either. Romo is way down on the list of problems with this team keeping it from making it to the promise land.

Now that being said - if I can fill and fix all of the pressing holes I mentioned and have a Payton Manning or Drew Brees on top of that instead of Romo? Hell yea, sign me up - take that all day. But that is not a reality, and no thanks on the playoff bound C. Ponders of the world either.

Since he assumed full time starter, there have been 7 different SB winners. So technically, those 7 are the only real winning qb's in the league. Looking at the list, it is full of elite quarterbacks. Once again, Romo is not elite, he is pretty good and servicable. Having watched every one of his games I know his overall record is 55-38 with a .591 winning % and a career rating of 95.6. Drew Brees and Matthew Stafford finished 1st and 2nd in passing yards - neither is in the playoffs either. Romo is way down on the list of problems with this team keeping it from making it to the promise land.

Now that being said - if I can fill and fix all of the pressing holes I mentioned and have a Payton Manning or Drew Brees on top of that instead of Romo? Hell yea, sign me up - take that all day. But that is not a reality, and no thanks on the playoff bound C. Ponders of the world either.

Yes there is zero difference between the QB that wins the SB that year and the Mark Sanchez and Matt Cassels of the world. Absolutely none. I can't believe other people actually see the difference, I'm with you man, you can't judge QBs because then there are only 2 categories: winner of SB and everyone else.

Since you're too dumb to realize it, I'll spell it out, I am being sarcastic and mocking the hell out of you. It's funny you can mention C. Ponder in one breath and in the other lump every non-SB winning QB that year with Romo. Which is it, is Romo better than Ponder or not?

Which is it, is Romo better than Ponder or not?

Maybe, maybe not. What I am saying is that I'd be willing to bet most Vikings fans would trade Ponder for Romo straight up. I'd also bet the Vikings are not alone - so would a few other teams.

Maybe, maybe not. What I am saying is that I'd be willing to bet most Vikings fans would trade Ponder for Romo straight up. I'd also bet the Vikings are not alone - so would a few other teams.

i'd take romo for sanchez in a heartbeat right now, what exact point are you making? That's like saying yeah go ahead and pee on me, I'd rather than than you taking a dump in my mouth...

you need to make some coherent points dude, you're all over the place making very little sense...

As a longtime Cowboy fan I only care about 2 things really, and that is PASSION and IMPROVEMENT. Even though we didn't make it into the playoffs this year I'm happy with both of those areas.

And up until last weeks game, Tony had one of his best runs ever.

Tony's a talented Class Act & my 2nd favorite Cowboy QB of all time, I haven't lost faith. We ALL have our own paths in life as well as mountains to climb.

As a longtime Cowboy fan I only care about 2 things really, and that is PASSION and IMPROVEMENT. Even though we didn't make it into the playoffs this year I'm happy with both of those areas.

And up until last weeks game, Tony had one of his best runs ever.

Tony's a talented Class Act & my 2nd favorite Cowboy QB of all time, I haven't lost faith. We ALL have our own paths in life as well as mountains to climb.

Let me guess, Danny White is #1?

Let me guess, Danny White is #1?

Haha....nope he comes in @ #4

Though I see where you're going with this :lol:

FYI.....winning isn't EVERYTHING!!!

#1) Roger "The Dodger" Staubach

#2) Tony "The Lodger" :P Romo

#3) Troy Aikman....what can I say, he brought home the Bacon. :thumbsup:

#4) Danny White, Passion & Multi Talent

#5) "Dandy Don" Meredith....so much fun!!!

#6) Craig Morton "The Original Tony Romo"

Haha....nope he comes in @ #4

Though I see where you're going with this :lol:

FYI.....winning isn't EVERYTHING!!!

#1) Roger "The Dodger" Staubach

#2) Tony "The Lodger" :P Romo

#3) Troy Aikman....what can I say, he brought home the Bacon. :thumbsup:

#4) Danny White, Passion & Multi Talent

#5) "Dandy Don" Meredith....so much fun!!!

#6) Craig Morton "The Original Tony Romo"

Where is Quincy? Reggie Collier? Anthony Wright? Randall Cunningham?

:thumbsdown: