Sign in to follow this  
MDC

RG3 = the new McNabb?

Electric during the regular season, sucky and injury prone in the postseason.

Discuss :dunno:

Electric during the regular season, sucky and injury prone in the postseason.

Discuss :dunno:

He's been hurt for a month.

More Mike Vick.

QB who rely on mobility tend not to finish a lot of seasons.

McNabb actually went to the NFC Championship game several times and a Superbowl.

no

He was leading a 14-0 asswhopping as an underdog before he reinjured the knee. Seattle only advanced because of RG3's injury. This one was headed to 31-7 territory.

Not even close. Also, can the guy get through one year without having to be compared to another mobile quarterback?

He was leading a 14-0 asswhopping as an underdog before he reinjured the knee. Seattle only advanced because of RG3's injury. This one was headed to 31-7 territory.

Ratface was just too stupid to put his backup in.

Ratface was just too stupid to put his backup in.

This. He cost his team a chance to win, and re-injured their Rookie Superstar QB.

Watching that first quarter, honestly, I was thinking "Wow this looks like an SB team." I agree, although I love Wilson and I don't think he'd let a playoff game go by with that big of a loss, so something like 31-21 as the final score, the score being closer than the game really.

But more importantly for fantasy purposes, this should knock RG3 down to the 4th round where I want to draft him.

:lol: Seriously you and MDC come from the shallow end of the gene pool. No one in your family sholuld have been allowed to procreate.

I guess we found out that RGIII cannot play hurt.

Yeah Dilfer was ragging on him for that. Sort of...started comparing him to all the elite QBs in the league and said he has to play hurt to be elite. I guess if you're making those comparisons it's sort of a compliment.

We don't know how bad that injury is, but if this doesn't get it through RG3's head that he needs to slide and avoid hits to help his team nothing will. And that they probably need to lessen the option more and more as time goes on to minimize the hits he takes even more.

Rodgers isn't as athletic as RG3, but he can definitely run more than he does and get more rushing yardage. But he doesn't really get too much, instead using it in big situations while passing a traditional style most of the time. RG3 needs to try to develop that way too most likely.

RG3 slammed his hand into a helmet early on too which I don't think did him any favors. Then he had the play where he ran to the sidelines and went down awkwardly, barely limped back into the huddle (looking like he had no business being out there) and threw a TD pass on the next play... and the 'hawks took a cheap shot at him at the end of the play and got called for roughing.

He really looked like he should have come out of the game at that point but instead they pulled him into the shack and I'm guessing gave him a painkiller. He couldn't even plant his leg to make a proper throw, let alone move around and protect himself. Hell, the play he finally came out on was just a bad snap where he tried to reach down and pick the ball up off the ground - the defense didn't even touch him and he went down.

Garcon was knocked out of the game too, which didn't help his passing options any.

I guess we found out that RGIII cannot play hurt.

He's been playing hurt for weeks though - and was not 100% during the first quarter either but still played effectively. I don't see any QB playing through the injuries he had aside from maybe Big Ben.

RG3 slammed his hand into a helmet early on too which I don't think did him any favors. Then he had the play where he ran to the sidelines and went down awkwardly, barely limped back into the huddle (looking like he had no business being out there) and threw a TD pass on the next play... and the 'hawks took a cheap shot at him at the end of the play and got called for roughing.

He really looked like he should have come out of the game at that point but instead they pulled him into the shack and I'm guessing gave him a painkiller. He couldn't even plant his leg to make a proper throw, let alone move around and protect himself. Hell, the play he finally came out on was just a bad snap where he tried to reach down and pick the ball up off the ground - the defense didn't even touch him and he went down.

Rg3 should be praised for his gutsy performance.

It is up to the coach to not allow him back in.

You have a 2td lead, a good backup qb and a great rb.....no reason to trot out a guy with a ligament barely holding that leg together

:lol: Seriously you and MDC come from the shallow end of the gene pool. No one in your family sholuld have been allowed to procreate.

How retarded are you? Were you watching a different game than everyone else?

How retarded are you? Were you watching a different game than everyone else?

Seahawks magically figured out how to shut down RG3 and it had nothing to do with his knee. The timing was just totally a coincidence.

You must have missed the part of the game where RG3 was healthy and Seattle had no answer for the read option. I'll let you in on what you missed: Washington was up 14-0 and went through their defense like a hot knife through butter.

After he tweaked his knee, he couldn't run or even plant to throw. The game was over. But if you want to pretend the injury never happened and that Seattle suddenly just miraculously figured out a way to stop them, then that's your business. But you always were one of the dumbest people on the planet, so that doesn't surprise me.

More Mike Vick.

QB who rely on mobility tend not to finish a lot of seasons.

I would say this, RGIII is more like Vick!

Hard to say, and not really fair to judge him yet. But looking at it today, I'd say no - RG3 is better than McNabb.

While RG3 is clearly a brighter young man than Vick was - not to mention a much better football and human civilian - he has the same tendencies that got Vick in trouble his entire career. He is fast and proud and looks for the contact. Worse of all, he doesn't know how to take a hit. He looks for the hits vs pulling up. He has to learn to be more like Aaron Rodgers who gets hit a LOT, but he knows how to avoid serious hits by sliding or rolling away from the contact. Every week, RG3 takes a hit that would break normal people in half.

Unfortunately, I don't know if you can teach that to a player. I honestly can't think of a player that looks for contact being taught to be smart with contact.

He's neither McNabb nor Vick.

First, an aside...This game ended in the 1st quarter when he ran out of bounds untouched and could barely limp back to the huddle. The rest of the game Seattle didn't have to worry about him running and his accuracy downfield was clearly affected by the knee. He was shredding Seattle up to that point. Seattle didn't magically figure out anything, he got hurt and their offense was dead. end of story.

back to point...RGIII doesn't go looking for the contact, he's just not adept enough yet at avoiding it. I actually think he will learn and be more durable than Vick long term. He's brighter and more composed than both Vick and McNabb and when all is said and done he'll be much more highly thought of than those two guys.

He's neither McNabb nor Vick.

First, an aside...This game ended in the 1st quarter when he ran out of bounds untouched and could barely limp back to the huddle. The rest of the game Seattle didn't have to worry about him running and his accuracy downfield was clearly affected by the knee. He was shredding Seattle up to that point. Seattle didn't magically figure out anything, he got hurt and their offense was dead. end of story.

back to point...RGIII doesn't go looking for the contact, he's just not adept enough yet at avoiding it. I actually think he will learn and be more durable than Vick long term. He's brighter and more composed than both Vick and McNabb and when all is said and done he'll be much more highly thought of than those two guys.

When I say "look for the hit", I am not insinuating that he is looking down and linebackers and moving toward them. He doesn't want to slide 3-4 yards before getting hit. He wants every yard he can get. I am somewhat agreeing with you in that he doesn't know how to avoid it, but I also don't think that is as easy of a thing to teach as many people make it out to be.

You must have missed the part of the game where RG3 was healthy and Seattle had no answer for the read option. I'll let you in on what you missed: Washington was up 14-0 and went through their defense like a hot knife through butter.

After he tweaked his knee, he couldn't run or even plant to throw. The game was over. But if you want to pretend the injury never happened and that Seattle suddenly just miraculously figured out a way to stop them, then that's your business. But you always were one of the dumbest people on the planet, so that doesn't surprise me.

It's adorable how your infantile brain power allows you to type and not make a lick of sense. What, you never heard of adjustments during a game? Oh, that's right. Andy Reid was your failure of a coach for many years, so you don't know what I'm talking about. Still, football is all about adjustments. You seem to think that your next head coach Gus Bradley is incapable of making a change to stop a team's game plan. It's a testament to the entire Seattle team that Washington gained 70 yards the last 3 quarters and never sniffed the Seattle side of the field again.

Oh, to the initial thread thought, McNabb was a raging alcoholic who liked to booze it up on weekends. When he threw up in the Superbowl, he was hung over. So until you can smell the booze oozing out of Griffin's pores in the huddle, they aren't the same.

Gee I didn't realize NFL games were 15 minutes :rolleyes: I guess you missed Seattle dominating for the last three quarters. Your melon is getting softer.

It's adorable how your infantile brain power allows you to type and not make a lick of sense. What, you never heard of adjustments during a game? Oh, that's right. Andy Reid was your failure of a coach for many years, so you don't know what I'm talking about. Still, football is all about adjustments. You seem to think that your next head coach Gus Bradley is incapable of making a change to stop a team's game plan. It's a testament to the entire Seattle team that Washington gained 70 yards the last 3 quarters and never sniffed the Seattle side of the field again.

Ignoring your juvenile attempt at humor, this post might make sense if it had a lick of truth to it. What adjustments did the Seattle coaches make? Please feel free to point them out.

The fact is that the Seahawks came out and were a bit overwhelmed the first quarter. Griffin wasn't "dinged" until the very end of the 2nd TD drive. After that, his mobility was severely limited, and the Seahawks defense shook off the nervousness and played great.

BTW-Carroll said, in his post-game press conference, that the Seahawks didn't make any changes; they merely played better after the 1st quarter.

Read it and learn something Newbie. But with your soft melon, I'll highly doubt you'll "get it."

Seahawks win as a team, despite what you'll hear

By Mike Salk

The Seattle Seahawks beat the Washington Redskins on Sunday. Yes, I know you already know that, but I want you to take that sentence literally.

One complete team beat another complete team, no matter what you may hear.

Robert Griffin III didn't lose the game by himself. Mike Shanahan isn't a goat for allowing his quarterback to play hurt. The Seahawks weren't just the beneficiaries of a stroke of good luck.

One complete team beat another complete team. And for three quarters, it wasn't even close.

The Redskins started this game like a house of fire. That happens sometimes in the NFL, particularly when a quality home team feels disrespected by the media or the betting public. It can also happen when a young team gets its first taste of the playoff environment. Heck, it happened last week when Arizona dominated the first quarter in San Francisco. A hot start doesn't always tell the whole story.

The problem in this game was that twice Washington converted on third down in the red zone, leading to 14 points instead of six.

Touchdowns hurt worse than field goals. And it all hurt more because of the ease with which Washington was moving.

As you watched the Seahawks get mauled in the opening quarter, it was hard to remain positive. It wasn't so much that RG III was an unbeatable field general, it was more that the Washington offensive line controlled the line of scrimmage and Alfred Morris did the rest. He gained 49 yards in those first two drives and it seemed most of those yards were gained long before a defender had a crack at him.

The Seahawks were being beat up physically.

They weren't being sliced and diced by the red-hot RG III. They were being steamrolled by an offensive line that came to play.

Then it all changed. Maybe it was the third-down catch by Zach Miller to gain 12 yards with a heroic second effort. Maybe it was the 19-yard read-option keeper from Russell Wilson or the ballet-recital footwork from Sidney Rice on his 27-yard reception. Maybe it was seeing seven points on the board or a fiery speech from a coach or a specific technical adjustment that got the defense out of its funk.

But from the second quarter on, that defense remembered how to hit. Morris gained just 31 yards in the final three quarters. The Redskins as a whole had just 74 yards. Kam Chancellor laid out Pierre Garcon. So did Brandon Browner (both before the whistle and after it). Alan Branch played his best game of the year.

The Seahawks remembered what got them here: physical play.

Physical play led to 224 yards on the ground, more than doubling Washington's output in that category. It led to the Earl Thomas interception – watch how Browner handled Garcon as the ball was coming at him. Those big hits appeared to make Leonard Hankerson hear footsteps and drop an easy catch over the middle; it certainly affected Kirk Cousins once he entered the game.

The Seahawks won by getting back to their game, not because of one injury.

But if we want to entertain the idea that Griffin's knee was the biggest factor, let's remember this: staying healthy in the NFL is your own responsibility, especially at quarterback.

That isn't to say that freak injuries can't happen. They can and do. But Griffin had a history of injuries in college and the biggest question about him entering the draft was his health. He makes his living running downfield and in open space, but he has been too careless in taking big hits. Survival matters in the NFL and Wilson survives longer than his highly touted counterpart because he is more prudent and careful with his body.

So when you hear that the Redskins lost because their quarterback was injured, don't buy it. Their quarterback was injured in part because of who he is and how he plays. They don't even get to that point without him playing that style, but that style in and of itself can be limiting.

The Seahawks won on Sunday because they were the better team for three quarters and they were so much better that they overcame a horrible start. Wilson was dynamic despite some serious pressure. Lynch was less physical than normal (as he fought the flu) but seemed to have some extra shake and bake. Rice and Golden Tate made acrobatic catches. Miller came up with two of the biggest third-down conversions of the year.

And that defense remembered how to play championship football – not even allowing the Redskins past midfield for the final 45 minutes.

The Seahawks won the game by being themselves. Now on to Atlanta.

http://mynorthwest.com/422/2168216/Seahawks-win-as-a-team-despite-what-youll-hear

Ignoring your juvenile attempt at humor, this post might make sense if it had a lick of truth to it. What adjustments did the Seattle coaches make? Please feel free to point them out.

The fact is that the Seahawks came out and were a bit overwhelmed the first quarter. Griffin wasn't "dinged" until the very end of the 2nd TD drive. After that, his mobility was severely limited, and the Seahawks defense shook off the nervousness and played great.

BTW-Carroll said, in his post-game press conference, that the Seahawks didn't make any changes; they merely played better after the 1st quarter.

Funny how I've heard audio of Carroll with my own ears saying how they changed their defense after the first two TDs. As the game wore on, they ignored Griffin's threat of running. Not earth shaking in brilliance as it was obvious, but it was adjustment.

That aside, hybrid DE Red Bryant was caught with his pants down on the first two drives as he was guessing wrong on the read option runs. He started to play to contain, and lo and behold Washington was miraculously not scoring on every possession. That would qualify as an adjustment, right? Sure, you can go with your logic and think that Washington would have scored a TD on every single possesion but logic and rational thinking would keep non-retards like myself to other conclusions. Hey, here's another obvious adjustment during the game. Remember when Clemons went down with a knee problem due to the field surface? Seattle started to blitz then. And it worked. See, that's how adjustments work.

Seattle came out flat in the first quarter. They didn't play all that well. They played more inspired the final 3 quarters. This offense has become very efficient the 2nd half of the season scoring in the red zone. Yesterday, they blew a lot of scoring chances. Maybe they made mental adjustments because they were playing a game on 100% dirt, spray painted to look greenish. What a dump that stadium has become.

Maybe they made mental adjustments because they were playing a game on 100% dirt, spray painted to look greenish. What a dump that stadium has become.

I actually emailed and called the Redskins and told them what I thought of Dan Snyder and their field.

Blah, blah, blah

Linking to 3rd party sources that are just as delusional as you doesn't help make your case. Its not hard to play defense against a QB that can't throw, run or even pick up the ball of the ground. Just ask the Packers who got a freebie this week too. Sometimes all it takes to win is just to hang in there and not fock it up - and that is what the Buzzards did this week. I mark is as fate that the gods are setting up a redemption rematch between Green Bay and Seattle.

Funny how I've heard audio of Carroll with my own ears saying how they changed their defense after the first two TDs. As the game wore on, they ignored Griffin's threat of running. Not earth shaking in brilliance as it was obvious, but it was adjustment.

Rofl, so you are telling me that the "adjustments" they made were to take advantage of an injured and ineffective QB. Son, you are just proving the point they got handed the game after RG3 got hurt.