Sign in to follow this  
jjg

R Wilson = ROY

Sorry luck and RG3, but step aside for R. Wilson. If he beats Atlanta then ROY is a lock.

Sorry luck and RG3, but step aside for R. Wilson. If he beats Atlanta then ROY is a lock.

The votes are already in, post-season doesn't count...

RG3 had this award won by Thanksgiving

A guy that can't stay healthy should win awards????? Luck did more with less! Luck is ROY!

A guy that can't stay healthy should win awards????? Luck did more with less! Luck is ROY!

Don't blame me, I'm not the media. Everybody's mind was already made up about Griffin months ago. It doesn't matter what a couple guys playing in Seattle and Indianapolis have done since.

Don't blame me, I'm not the media. Everybody's mind was already made up about Griffin months ago. It doesn't matter what a couple guys playing in Seattle and Indianapolis have done since.

Oh I know. I am not a Griffin fan and I let it be known. My opinion for ROY is Luck, Wilson, then even maybe Morris over RGIII. I would not be shocked if Wilson won it over Luck and I couldn't argue it. Wilson had a good season, just was on the better team of the three. As I said, Luck did more with less, you know how many Rookies the Colts were starting on offense?

Luck did MORE what?

Luck did less with less you mean..

Luck did MORE what?

Luck did less with less you mean..

Luck took a team, 2-14 last year to 11-5. He did it with multiple rookies starting for the team. He did it with a team that just changed coaching staffs, GM, new defensive scheme, following one of the greatest QB's ever to play, horrible OL, no running game.

Yeah, he did MORE, with Less.

RG3 won it week 1 with long td to Garcon

media made up their. Mind right there

RG3 had this award won by Thanksgiving

And then he continued to lead his team to win out the season with 7 in a row and win a very competitive division. The ROY vote is not even going to be remotely close.

Luck and Wilson both had incredible seasons and may both very well end up with more long term success than RG3, but this season you have to give it to him.

RG3 won it week 1 with long td to Garcon

media made up their. Mind right there

No, he won it with the 70yd td run. The Garcon pass just put him on the radar as a competent thrower.

Seahawk fan here. As well as Wilson played later in season, he didn't start off hot enough to grab the attention of the media.

Also, RG3 and Luck single handily turned around 2 teams that were horrible last year to a playoff team.

I firmly believe RG3 will win ROY.

Luck took a team, 2-14 last year to 11-5. He did it with multiple rookies starting for the team. He did it with a team that just changed coaching staffs, GM, new defensive scheme, following one of the greatest QB's ever to play, horrible OL, no running game.

Yeah, he did MORE, with Less.

But that same team was in the playoffs how many years in a row? The pieces was there.

Stat wise, he didn't do MORE compare to RG or Wilson.

But that same team was in the playoffs how many years in a row? The pieces was there.

What same team?

I believe Ryan Grigson turned over 37 of the 53 players from last year's roster.

This offense was startimg a rookie QB, a rookie RB, 2 rookie TE,'s, 2/4 rookie WR's and had one of the worst offensive lines in the entire NFL. Their defense was horrific, and they had an entirely new coaching staff and front office. And their Head Coach missed most of the season because of cancer.

I'd say Luck did a f*cking phenomenal job getting this team to 11 wins.

All that being said, you really can't go wrong giving the award to any of these 3 guys (Luck, RG3, Wilson).

And then he continued to lead his team to win out the season with 7 in a row and win a very competitive division. The ROY vote is not even going to be remotely close.

Luck and Wilson both had incredible seasons and may both very well end up with more long term success than RG3, but this season you have to give it to him.

You are delusional.

Man, you sure don't even remotely pay attention to anything. This current Colts team was nothing like Peyton's. But by all means, keep repeating nonsense.

KM already showed you, that what you said was a complete joke. The team Manning had going to the playoffs 10 seasons in a row was due to Manning, which should just prove, he is the greatest of all time! Look at Denver! Manning is making them the team to beat!

Stat wise, he had more passing yards. I think the OL debate is the biggest, because RG and Wilson both had respectable lines, where everyone knows, Luck's line sucks. We have maybe two guys that are not bad, but the rest suck. Hopefully, we find some more soon.

Stats are not the only thing to look at for ROY. Luck was also running a harder playbook and is years a head of RG.

Yes, the same media that was all over Cam Newton last year as the next great thing and dropped him like a hot potato when they found a new toy. I don’t understand why people still pay attention to them?

Yes, the same media that was all over Cam Newton last year as the next great thing and dropped him like a hot potato when they found a new toy. I don’t understand why people still pay attention to them?

This has nothing to do with the ROY debate. Apples and oranges.

the best rookies, in Tiers

Wilson

Martin

RG3

Morris

Luck

The Rookie of the year though in a landslide I agree will be

RG3, simple fact of the matter, he plays in the biggest market, but more importantly

1 guy won the division, while the other 2 were wildcard teams

Thats how the vote will go, I think this year voters look at it like the MVP

the best rookies, in Tiers

Wilson

Martin

RG3

Morris

Luck

The Rookie of the year though in a landslide I agree will be

RG3, simple fact of the matter, he plays in the biggest market, but more importantly

1 guy won the division, while the other 2 were wildcard teams

Thats how the vote will go, I think this year voters look at it like the MVP

The fact you have Luck below into a third Tier, shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

I really like wilson vut no way he deserves roy. He has a stellar top 5 d and a top 5 run game. Luck and rg3 did more with less.

Idc who wins. Either is worthy. Both have poor lines and rookies starting on offense.

I really like wilson vut no way he deserves roy. He has a stellar top 5 d and a top 5 run game. Luck and rg3 did more with less.

Idc who wins. Either is worthy. Both have poor lines and rookies starting on offense.

This. Wilson as ROY makes no sense at all - he has a ton of support on that team and while he has played beyond AMAZING based on where he was drafted, he did not play as well as either of the other two.

I do not see how RG3 cannot win it. What he did this year was nothing short of amazing. Luck will make up for that with multiple MVP awards 3-4 years from now, but this was RG3's year.

This. Wilson as ROY makes no sense at all - he has a ton of support on that team and while he has played beyond AMAZING based on where he was drafted, he did not play as well as either of the other two.

I do not see how RG3 cannot win it. What he did this year was nothing short of amazing. Luck will make up for that with multiple MVP awards 3-4 years from now, but this was RG3's year.

He did tie Manning's TD pass record.

He was on a much better team.

its called an opinion, and the stats back it up

I just posted the stats in another page, please, please show me where it backs it up!

I just posted the stats in another page, please, please show me where it backs it up!

The stats are posted right above your post, why do you ignore them?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/seasontype/2

There it is again. Here I'll even paste it. Doesn't paste great but since you won't click links, what can we do?

RK PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G

1 Aaron Rodgers, QB GB 371 552 67.2 4,295 7.78 73 39 8 51 108.0 268

2 Peyton Manning, QB DEN 400 583 68.6 4,659 7.99 71 37 11 21 105.8 291

3 Robert Griffin III, QB WSH 258 393 65.6 3,200 8.14 88 20 5 30 102.4 213

4 Russell Wilson, QB SEA 252 393 64.1 3,118 7.93 67 26 10 33 100.0 195

5 Matt Ryan, QB ATL 422 615 68.6 4,719 7.67 80 32 14 28 99.1 295

6 Tom Brady, QB NE 401 637 63.0 4,827 7.58 83 34 8 27 98.7 302

7 Ben Roethlisberger, QB PIT 284 449 63.3 3,265 7.27 82 26 8 30 97.0 251

8 Drew Brees, QB NO 422 670 63.0 5,177 7.73 80 43 19 26 96.3 324

9 Matt Schaub, QB HOU 350 544 64.3 4,008 7.37 60 22 12 27 90.7 251

10 Tony Romo, QB DAL 425 648 65.6 4,903 7.57 85 28 19 36 90.5 306

11 Philip Rivers, QB SD 338 527 64.1 3,606 6.84 80 26 15 49 88.6 225

12 Joe Flacco, QB BAL 317 531 59.7 3,817 7.19 61 22 10 35 87.7 239

13 Andy Dalton, QB CIN 329 528 62.3 3,669 6.95 59 27 16 46 87.4 229

14 Eli Manning, QB NYG 321 536 59.9 3,948 7.37 80 26 15 19 87.2 247

15 Cam Newton, QB CAR 280 485 57.7 3,869 7.98 82 19 12 36 86.2 242

16 Carson Palmer, QB OAK 345 565 61.1 4,018 7.11 64 22 14 26 85.3 268

17 Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB BUF 306 505 60.6 3,400 6.73 68 24 16 30 83.3 213

18 Sam Bradford, QB STL 328 551 59.5 3,702 6.72 80 21 13 35 82.6 231

19 Josh Freeman, QB TB 306 558 54.8 4,065 7.29 95 27 17 26 81.6 254

20 Jay Cutler, QB CHI 255 434 58.8 3,033 6.99 60 19 14 38 81.3 202

21 Christian Ponder, QB MIN 300 483 62.1 2,935 6.08 65 18 12 32 81.2 183

22 Matthew Stafford, QB DET 435 727 59.8 4,967 6.83 57 20 17 29 79.8 310

23 Nick Foles, QB PHI 161 265 60.8 1,699 6.41 46 6 5 20 79.1 243

24 Michael Vick, QB PHI 204 351 58.1 2,362 6.73 77 12 10 28 78.1 236

25 Blaine Gabbert, QB JAC 162 278 58.3 1,662 5.98 80 9 6 22 77.4 166

26 Andrew Luck, QB IND 339 627 54.1 4,374 6.98 70 23 18 41 76.5 273

27 Ryan Tannehill, QB MIA 282 484 58.3 3,294 6.81 80 12 13 35 76.1 206

28 Jake Locker, QB TEN 177 314 56.4 2,176 6.93 71 10 11 25 74.0 198

29 Brandon Weeden, QB CLE 297 517 57.4 3,385 6.55 71 14 17 28 72.6 226

30 Chad Henne, QB JAC 166 308 53.9 2,084 6.77 81 11 11 28 72.2 208

Personally I don't think QB rating is the end all be all of stats, but when your QB rating is that low it does indicate poor play. Completion percentage, INTs and YPA do matter. I mean geez, if they don't matter, The top QBs would be Brees, Stafford and Romo in that order. While Brees is a solid QB, I refuse to rank any of those 3 above Rodgers, Brady or Peyton.

The fact that RG3 is the only one among him, Luck or Wilson in the Pro Bowl shows you where the votes are leaning . This is as much marketing and politics. Wilson doesn't sell that many jerseys . He's just like Flacco, riding a good team . He's just one of the passengers, not the driver .

The fact that RG3 is the only one among him, Luck or Wilson in the Pro Bowl shows you where the votes are leaning . This is as much marketing and politics. Wilson doesn't sell that many jerseys . He's just like Flacco, riding a good team . He's just one of the passengers, not the driver .

Except, Wilson, has much better numbers across the board then Flacco

So you think if Flynn was the QB of the Seahawks, they even would have made the playoffs? Cause guess what, not a single person thought that the signing of Flynn made them a playoff contender, and as a matter of fact, I am willing to bet that Seattle's defense went undrafted in the majority of the leagues, so its not like anyone knew they were gonna have a great defense

as to the Pro Bowl, please never use that as an analogy again.

Jeff Saturday was selected to the Pro Bowl, and hes not even a starter on his own team

I agree with RaiderHater's, you can't use the Pro Bowl to measure much, except maybe popular vote. I mean, when you can vote as many times as you want, anyone can get into the Pro Bowl.

AS for Serpent, your just as bad as Skip Bayless, are you Skip Bayless?, you only look at one or two stats, you ignore the rest. It is as bad as saying Tom Brady won 3 SB's. I am pretty sure, there was more than 1 man on that team and a whole coaching staff that helped with that...oh, don't forget the camera's also! haha

I agree with RaiderHater's, you can't use the Pro Bowl to measure much, except maybe popular vote. I mean, when you can vote as many times as you want, anyone can get into the Pro Bowl.

AS for Serpent, your just as bad as Skip Bayless, are you Skip Bayless?, you only look at one or two stats, you ignore the rest. It is as bad as saying Tom Brady won 3 SB's. I am pretty sure, there was more than 1 man on that team and a whole coaching staff that helped with that...oh, don't forget the camera's also! haha

Ok troll, I'll give you what you want. A response.

But this is the last one, since you overdid your trolling too much. The stats are all there and you're purposely ignoring them and just babbling. They are literally all there, a link given to you and then the stats pasted for you to see, and you'll still just flat out ignore things and write what you want.

That's too much trolling to dignify with further responses. Shape up.

Ok troll, I'll give you what you want. A response.

But this is the last one, since you overdid your trolling too much. The stats are all there and you're purposely ignoring them and just babbling. They are literally all there, a link given to you and then the stats pasted for you to see, and you'll still just flat out ignore things and write what you want.

That's too much trolling to dignify with further responses. Shape up.

If my post are trolling, than so are yours. Are you really that clueless? You keep posting crybaby responses....Can you grow a pair please?

You have only focused on ONE or maybe two stats. I pulled in a bunch in another topic and proved another person wrong. I can't help that you don't have the intelligence to figure that out.

Russell Wilson or Luck SHOULD get it -- but RGIII will get it. Peyton Manning might be the first person to win both the MVP and Come back player of the year awards the same year -- only other player for MVP would be ADP -- who I think should win?