Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

JJ Abrams directing Star Wars Ep 7

Hurley set to play Jabba the Hut?

Sawyer to play Han Solo?

Jack to play Luke Skywalker?

Freckles to play Leia?

You know, I'm not even sure if I like JJ Abrams. Star Trek was a pretty good effort but Super 8 was a totally forgettable Spielberg ripoff.

Hurley set to play Jabba the Hut?

Sawyer to play Han Solo?

Jack to play Luke Skywalker?

Freckles to play Leia?

I don't know who any of those people are.

You know, I'm not even sure if I like JJ Abrams. Star Trek was a pretty good effort but Super 8 was a totally forgettable Spielberg ripoff.

I'm with you. The screenplay will be key. It better not suck.

I've never seen a Star Wars movie that wasn't sh!t.

I've seen pretty much everything JJ Abrams has been a part of, and I've been a fan of pretty much everything. Stars Wars? Yeah, right. Stars Wars can go fock it's mother.

I've seen pretty much everything JJ Abrams has been a part of, and I've been a fan of pretty much everything. Stars Wars? Yeah, right. Stars Wars can go fock it's mother.

super 8?

Also...you did recommend Kick Ass about a year ago to me. I watched it while I was in the hospital on Netflix and it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Sorry, Super 8 was a great kids movie. Kind of a Stand By Me feel to it.

Great. So the first 75 minutes will have us on the edge of our seats, then in the last 20 minutes it'll be revealed that nothing that happened earlier in the film meant anything as the film just randomly ends.

Fucck that. :thumbsdown:

I was born in 1971 so Star Wars came along at the perfect time in '77 when I was still a kid along with the next two movies.

Then it went on a 16 year hiatus. By the time they started making new ones in 2000, I was too old to care. Of course when I flipped past one of the new movies on TV I stopped to watch... they had a gay creature named Jar Jar and showed Yoda jumping around like a rubber ball with his light saber.

Ugh... such a waste of classic trilogy. I haven't seen any other new one's and won't be watching this one. :thumbsdown:

The film will end with Chewbacca raping ewoks and 5 years later Abrams will admit he made up ep 7 as he went along with no plan at all.

super 8?

Also...you did recommend Kick Ass about a year ago to me. I watched it while I was in the hospital on Netflix and it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Haven't seen Super 8 yet, but I do have a copy, so I may now be motivated to watch it this weekend.

Kick Ass was a top notch movie, well, for a comic book movie anyway. They're filming Kick Ass 2 now, and I think Jim Carey is taking over for Nicholas Cage.

Who?

So you appreciate being conned in your tv/film watching?

Great. So the first 75 minutes will have us on the edge of our seats, then in the last 20 minutes it'll be revealed that nothing that happened earlier in the film meant anything as the film just randomly ends.

Fucck that. :thumbsdown:

+1.

Haven't seen Super 8 yet, but I do have a copy, so I may now be motivated to watch it this weekend.

Kick Ass was a top notch movie, well, for a comic book movie anyway. They're filming Kick Ass 2 now, and I think Jim Carey is taking over for Nicholas Cage.

That's too bad, I liked kick ass.. Jim Carey ruins every movie he's in

Why, because it won't have zombies shitting in each other's mouths?

That sounds awesome, can you give me the title? :dunno:

Ace Ventura

The Mask

Dumb and Dumber

The Cable Guy

The Truman Show

Man on the Moon

Me, Myself & Irene

Bruce Almighty

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Um, he's had a pretty good career and been in a bunch of solid flicks. He's had some flops. Still...

I heard they were doing Kick Ass 2. I'm actually excited to see it. The rumor was a trilogy. That girl, Clhoe Morenz? (Hitgirl) was far and away the best actor in that movie.

Kickass was one of the best surprise great movies I have seen in a while. I just hope they show more of Hit Girl in the next one (no not in a GFIAFP way). I thought it would suck then the whole time I am like damn this is focking great. The gorl that plays Hit Girl is one of the best young actress's I have seen though talent wise.

Ace Ventura

Um, he's had a pretty good career and been in a bunch of solid flicks. He's had some flops. Still...

If you didn't laugh during the 1st Ace Ventura then you just hate movies

Why, because it won't have zombies shitting in each other's mouths?

:lol: :lol:

Seen it.

If you didn't laugh during the 1st Ace Ventura then you are just a humorless fock that's lying

:thumbsup:

If you didn't laugh during the 1st Ace Ventura then you just hate movies

I did, but when the basically does the same character in everything that isn't dramatic, it sucks.

His shtick got old really fast

Posty?

:D

I did, but when the basically does the same character in everything that isn't dramatic, it sucks.

Are you saying you're shocked he acted like the same character in Ace Ventura 1 and 2? :o

Are you saying you're shocked he acted like the same character in Ace Ventura 1 and 2? :o

And liar liar, Bruce almighty, mask.. Etc

But Ace Ventura I was one of his first flick's BEFORE it did get old.

And liar liar, Bruce almighty, mask.. Etc

That's 4.

Most actors play the same role several times, if not more. That's why they are hired.

I guess you could broadly call it a manic, physical type of role. But there are distinct differences from the over the top Ace Ventura to stalker brooding delusional Chip Douglas from The Cable Guy to idiot from Dumb and Dumber to bipolar hard ass and wimp in Me, Myself & Irene (which may or may not be The Mask character). A cookie character role may be Liar, Liar or Fun With D!ck and Jane or Bruce Almighty where he is nearly the same guy. However, I do think you may be short changing Carey on the diversity of this comedic turns overall.

Eh, I guess I'm a Carey fan. Not just for his comedies. I thought The Truman Show and Man on the Moon were terrific movies and Carey was terrific in them. But I will draw the line at the movies geared for kids that he's made. Dreck.

But I will draw the line at the movies geared for kids that he's made. Dreck.

His performance as The Grinch is underrated. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna go ahead and defend Jim Carey's work as well. I enjoyed:

Ace Ventura

Dumb & Dumber

Liar Liar

The Truman Show

Me Myself & Irene and

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I might even put Cable Guy and I Love You Phillip Morris on there, depending on my mood.

He's had some duds and I think his time probably ran its course, but all in all I'd say his career is solid.

WTF...I want to start speculating who is going to be cast in episode 7.

Do you think anyone from Lost is cast in it? I'm betting Hurley gets a role somewhere in the film.

WTF...I want to start speculating who is going to be cast in episode 7.

Do you think anyone from Lost is cast in it? I'm betting Hurley gets a role somewhere in the film.

Pizza the Hut