Sign in to follow this  
7-year-old boy died after being buried in sand...

http://www.ksat.com/news/Vigil-held-for-San-Antonio-boy-7-who-died-after-being-buried-under-sand/-/478452/18300542/-/nk1quk/-/index.html?hpt=us_bn8

SAN ANTONIO - Family and friends gathered at Wilderness Oak Elementary School on Sunday to remember the life of a young boy who died after being pulled from under a pile of sand.

Wyatt McDaniel died Friday evening after being airlifted to University Hospital.

Friends and family members tied orange ribbons around poles and trees all over the school's campus as a way to remember McDaniel.

"I've got little ones the same age just about and just really tug our heartstrings and we came to do our part," Catherine Monks said. "Our deepest deepest sympathy and hope that with time they can get through it all "

The North East Independent School District said parents of McDaniel's classmates were notified of his death on Saturday so they could determine how best to tell their children.

Grief counselors will be on hand at the school Monday to help students cope with McDaniel's death.

Sad story. But, who are these 'grief counselors' and what the fock do they actullay do? :unsure:

Sad story. But, who are these 'grief counselors' and what the fock do they actullay do? :unsure:

They help young children who maybe don't understand the concept of death and have difficulty coming to terms with its meaning and occurrence at such a young age.

They help young children who maybe don't understand the concept of death and have difficulty coming to terms with its meaning and occurrence at such a young age.

Isn't that the job of their parents? :dunno:

Lemme guess, now they're just going to bury him again. :dunno:

I sure could have used one after looking at the latest pic OM sent me :cry:

I sure could have used one after looking at the latest pic OM sent me :cry:

Try and drink her pretty. Either it works or you die. Prolly too close to call at this point. :bench:

Generally they are Social Workers that have had an OJT course in Grief Counseling.

Generally they are Social Workers that have had an OJT course in Grief Counseling.

Is that why they have orange ribbons?

Isn't that the job of their parents? :dunno:

The parents aren't professionals. And they aren't going to be there at the school when all the kids see Little Timmy's empty desk and suddenly realize that he won't ever be back and isn't going to get to grow up and pursue his dreams like they will.

Seriously, who criticizes the use of grief counselors in this scenario? What a fockin heartless doosh :thumbsdown:

Not that I really want to know all the details because this is obviously a terrible tragedy, but the article doesn't say anything about HOW the little boy ended up under a pile of sand. That's kind of a strange way to die, yet there was no mention of it.

Not that I really want to know all the details because this is obviously a terrible tragedy, but the article doesn't say anything about HOW the little boy ended up under a pile of sand. That's kind of a strange way to die, yet there was no mention of it.

A good friends brother died the same way when i was about 10. Construction site pile collapsed on him.

He was 8 i think

Obviously, the solution to this problem is to limit the number of grains of sand one can possess to about a handful.

The problem is, then only the criminals will have buckets full of the stuff. Buckets!! :bandana:

The problem is, then only the criminals will have buckets full of the stuff. Buckets!! :bandana:

WRONG!!!!

Criminals will abide by the ban, and when they reach down to reload you can take them out. :pointstosky:

Obviously, the solution to this problem is to limit the number of grains of sand one can possess to about a handful.

This analogy never gets old. No, seriously. :mellow:

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just leave him there? :dunno:

The parents aren't professionals. And they aren't going to be there at the school when all the kids see Little Timmy's empty desk and suddenly realize that he won't ever be back and isn't going to get to grow up and pursue his dreams like they will.

Seriously, who criticizes the use of grief counselors in this scenario? What a fockin heartless doosh :thumbsdown:

:lol: You have to be the biggest stooge on this bored. The "Grief Counselors" aren't Professional Grief Counselors they are just social workers. Seriously, who lets some random social worker get inside their kids head. :dunno: Any parent that can't explain something as basic as death to their kids should not have children.

:lol: You have to be the biggest stooge on this bored. The "Grief Counselors" aren't Professional Grief Counselors they are just social workers. Seriously, who lets some random social worker get inside their kids head. :dunno: Any parent that can't explain something as basic as death to their kids should not have children.

they didnt have these "greif counselor" hacks when I was young, my buddy turned out ok as did the rest of his family and im willing to bet classmates.

:lol: :lol: He is the gift that keeps on giving.

Pretty sure you, RP and any other retread that continues to toss out the 'ban sand!' type of comments have him beat hands down. And how the hell would you know anything about what level these grief counselors are at? I know for a fact there are certifications out there offered by the American Institute of Health Care Professionals.

shovelheadt... shovel... and, where were you exactly while this boy was being buried in the sand? :ninja:

:lol: :lol:

There were no such things as grief counselors when I was in school. Or when my parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc... were in school either.

These fools are getting paid on the tax payers dime for some bullsh!t ideas they feed to children about them not being able to handle death like any normal person can and should like people have throughout the history of mankind did before their were these idiot grief counselors feeding children bullsh!t. Talk about a crock of sh!t these supposed professional idiots spew to school children. :thumbsdown:

You right wingers are some real bitter @ssholes. If some focking seven year olds need a counselor to talk to when their classmate suffers a sudden and tragic death, then they should get it. Quit pinching your precious tax dollars like focking POS misers.

P.S. They aren't even "your" tax dollars anyway, unless you live in that specific area. School funding comes primarily from local funding, focktards.

NSA National Sand Association believe the solution is MORE sand. If every 7 year old boy had a huge sand pile it would keep them safer,

They have training in the area, bare minimum. You don't know who the fock they are and you're completely full of sh!t for saying otherwise. For all you know these could be PhDs.

When I was in middle school a guy in my school died falling off a cliff during a school cross country running event. The guy they brought in for that was a doctor. He was the most well known psychiatrist in town. I didn't know the kid that well,but a few people that I knew did and they benefited from having a professional to talk to.

So shut the fock up you ignorant cantankerous son of a b!tch.

Everyone said he smelled like a cat turd :dunno:

You right wingers are some real bitter @ssholes. If some focking seven year olds need a counselor to talk to when their classmate suffers a sudden and tragic death, then they should get it. Quit pinching your precious tax dollars like focking POS misers.

P.S. They aren't even "your" tax dollars anyway, unless you live in that specific area. School funding comes primarily from local funding, focktards.

They don't "need one". @sshole adults "tell them" they need one. The idea is not the children's own, it's liberal sh!thead adults that put the ideas in the young children's heads that they are too grief stricken to go on with classwork. When I was in 4th grade, a brick windbreaker wall on the gymnasium fell on 5 6th grade kids because they were pushing against it. One kid died(Justin), a 2 others were hospitalized from it. We watched outside the window as the ambulance put the dead body in it. And then it was back to school work for us. Of course this was in 1980, and liberal sh!theads weren't around to tell us all we couldn't handle death and be able to continue on with our schoolwork without counseling.

They don't "need one". @sshole adults "tell them" they need one. The idea is not the children's own, it's liberal sh!thead adults that put the ideas in the young children's heads that they are too grief stricken to go on with classwork. When I was in 4th grade, a brick windbreaker wall on the gymnasium fell on 5 6th grade kids because they were pushing against it. One kid died(Justin), a 2 others were hospitalized from it. We watched outside the window as the ambulance put the dead body in it. And then it was back to school work for us. Of course this was in 1980, and liberal sh!theads weren't around to tell us all we couldn't handle death and be able to continue on with our schoolwork without counseling.

And look how you turned out: a miserly sanctimonious fool who goes around ranting about the lake offire all the time. They definitely should've given your ass some counseling when you were little.

Hell it's not too late to start now :thumbsup:

:lol: You have to be the biggest stooge on this bored. The "Grief Counselors" aren't Professional Grief Counselors they are just social workers. Seriously, who lets some random social worker get inside their kids head.

Ah. So social workers with 4 year degrees (and often masters or phds) aren't professionals.

Gotcha.

And look how you turned out: a miserly sanctimonious fool who goes around ranting about the lake offire all the time. They definitely should've given your ass some counseling when you were little.

Hell it's not too late to start now :thumbsup:

When you were an elementary school child, did you need counseling to come to terms with death? And did you get it? And could you not cope with life without it?

So what has changed with kids since you and I were kids? Adults, that's what. Adult's are the problem, they put nonsense crazy ideas in children's heads that they need psychological help when they don't.

When you were an elementary school child, did you need counseling to come to terms with death? And did you get it? And could you not cope with life without it?

So what has changed with kids since you and I were kids? Adults, that's what. Adult's are the problem, they put nonsense crazy ideas in children's heads that they need psychological help when they don't.

When I was in elementary school one of my classmates' mother and two sisters were killed in a head-on collision by a drunk driver. They brought in someone to talk to the whole class about it. Moreso to let us know how we could help our classmate when she returned to the class. I think it was quite effective and see nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

When I was in elementary school one of my classmates' mother and two sisters were killed in a head-on collision by a drunk driver. They brought in someone to talk to the whole class about it. Moreso to let us know how we could help our classmate when she returned to the class. I think it was quite effective and see nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

What does this have to do with sending individual children to grief counselors? :dunno:

When the kid died at my school in 1980, the teachers and our parents talked to us about it. But they didn't tell us we needed to see grief counselors one on one about it in order to be able to get our classwork done.

I wish they would have though, because I would have went to the grief counselor every day and told her I can't go on with life in order to get out of classwork. :clap:

Lemme guess, now they're just going to bury him again. :dunno:

:lol: So wrong.

What does this have to do with sending individual children to grief counselors? :dunno:

When the kid died at my school in 1980, the teachers and our parents talked to us about it. But they didn't tell us we needed to see grief counselors one on one about it in order to be able to get our classwork done.

I wish they would have though, because I would have went to the grief counselor every day and told her I can't go on with life in order to get out of classwork. :clap:

Is it at all possible that perhaps grief counseling would be helpful for some children even though you weren't given access to that resource as a child?

shovelheadt... shovel... and, where were you exactly while this boy was being buried in the sand? :ninja:

In 2013, all schools should have armed guards, grief counsellors, and shovelheadts on staff.

What's wrong with that? :mad:

Dammit. I was just coming in here to make a litter box joke. :mad: