Sign in to follow this  
shovelheadt

Give me your pipe dreams for your team

Bengals - with 8 picks, 2 of which are 2nd rounders, more compensatory picks coming and 50 mil in cap space...

- Make a massive offer that can't be matched for Victor Cruz

- They'd still have enough to extend or tag Michael Johnson, Andre Smith and Geno Atkins

- With the 1st 2nd rounder (which is a high one from the Raiders)...Lacy from Alabama

- With the 2nd 2nd rounder..grab the highest rated LB or Safety

Everything else would be irrelevant.

Lions........ever see king ralph? I need something like the photo shoot that electrocuted the entire family.happen to the fords and then for the recievership sell the team to mark cuban.

RGIII to be 100% healthy and a lot smarter.

Alfred Morris NOT to be a flash in the pan.

Fred Davis healthy and signed.

Orakpo and Carriker back at 100%.

Sign or draft and 2 instant starters in the defensive backfield.

All of which is possible. The Skins do not need miracles to be a SB contender.

For the Rams:

We are tight in salary cap space, but we have not restructured any deals, so there is alway room to clear space. Bradford counts something like $17 million against the cap this season, so we would finish his new deal to give us ample room.

I would like to see the following:

1. Let Danny Amendola walk. He isn't worth the money and has missed 20 of the last 32 games. His playing style will certainly lead to some more injuries. Plus, he wants to be paid like a top WR. People do not realize Bradford had a higher passer rating when he was out of the lineup. He has become a crutch.

2. Draft a Tackle and a WR in Round one. We have two picks and most people believe we will take the best available tackle/guard with the first and a WR with the second. We need both. Patterson is who I want, but I don't think he'll fall far enough.

3. We have multiple picks in the 3rd, so I would like to see us use our 2nd and 3rds on a combination of Guard/Linebacker/Safety. Last year we played with with two very poor linebackers and our Safety play was not so great either. We got burned over the top frequently. Our defensive line can be dominant with Quinn and Long, but once you get past there, if Laurinitis doesn't stop you, you are home free.

4. This one will not happen, but I would love to see the Rams take a swing on Greg Jennings. We cannot afford Wallace and Bowe will be tagged. Jennnings could come at a fairly reasonable price and we need a true veteran at this position. He still has a few solid years left and would be a great combo with Givens/Quick.

5. I am a Dustin Keller fan. He's performed ok with Sanchez throwing him the ball. Put him on the Rams and he becomes a TE1 in fantasy leagues. Our coach loves throwing to TE's, however, we do not have a great pass catching TE.

6. My biggest fantasy (for fantasy football) is to see the Rams ownership come to an agreement to keep the team in our state. The city lost the arbitration hearing and the price tag to keep them here is over $700 million in stadium renovations. Our city cannot afford that and won't try. Either a new stadium will be built outside the city or the team is going to LA. I have been a believer Kroenke bought this team to move it. I still believe that. With no funds, either he will have to kick in over half the money or another County will have to vote on a new stadium. With a move to LA, Kroenke will get back what he paid for the Rams in PSL's, Corporate Sponsors and the cash they give him to move the team. Most of the talking heads on our local sports shows believe the Rams will be gone when the lease expires at the end of the 2014 season. We have an exciting young team and the thought of watching them rebuild, only to move once they are over the hump, sickens me.

RGIII to be 100% healthy and a lot smarter.

Alfred Morris NOT to be a flash in the pan.

Fred Davis healthy and signed.

Orakpo and Carriker back at 100%.

Sign or draft and 2 instant starters in the defensive backfield.

All of which is possible. The Skins do not need miracles to be a SB contender.

Agreed! A healthy secondary and/or an addition at safety would be nice

Agreed! A healthy secondary and/or an addition at safety would be nice

Hankins stepping up would be nice too.

Colts

- Would like to see them sign one if not two OL from FA. We have the cap space and Andrew Luck needs the upgrade on proven players. There is a lot out there, so getting two shouldn't be hard.

- Resign Mcafee and a couple other FA's, but not most of them.

- Look at adding a safety and/or CB from FA's. If not, we can find them in the draft.

- Look at Kruger or someone else for Freeney's replacement.

- If there is a WR that becomes available, wouldn't mind seeing them try and get them in FA.

- Hopefully have another good draft, so far our draft picks from last year did well. I would say at least 5 of them are starters. (Luck, Hilton, Ballard, Fleener, Allen). If we can come even close to grabbing some defensive starters from this years draft, what a team.

well, if we're going with pipedreams instead of anything realistic...

DAL:

-warmack (G) at 1.18.

-okafor (DE) in the 2nd.

-cyprien (S) or barkley (QB) somehow falls to the 3rd.

-salary cap magically increases by $20M

i like spencer a lot, but we can't afford to spend at both DE spots, and we have a ton of young players coming out of their rookie contracts in the next 2 years (lee, carter, bryant, murray). the new structure of the NFL requires teams to be built through good drafting, not free agency (including hanging onto your own team's FAs). much as i like spencer, it just doesn't make economic sense.

Patriots:

Resign Talib, Vollmer and Welker

Cut Lloyd

Sign Mike Wallace

Draft stud safety

Realistically, they can't sign all those guys. More likely I'd have to be satisfied with resigning Talib, replacing Vollmer through the draft, and either keeping Welker or picking up Wallace. Love the dynamic aspect Wallace would bring but I know welker would be missed, maybe dearly.

Seahawks

Trade up for an impact DE and best available WR

Rumor is all the top teams want to trade down, it might be an opportune to actually trade up, especially with the cost certainty of the new rookie contracts.

Probably just a pipe dream, our GM's policy seems to be quantity, quantity, quantity...that and he does not have a great first round track record to date.

Bears:

1. Sign a veteran offensive tackle (Jake Long/Vollmer/Levitre?)

2. Sign the FA center from NO De La Puente - he already knows Kromer's offense and then we could move Garza to guard opposite Carami.

3. Draft another tackle in the first round and plug him in if he can win the job in camp.

4. Draft a TE in the 2nd. Ertz or Eifert should be there.

5. Tag Melton and pave the way for Urlacher to spend one last season tutoring/mentoring his replacement.

6. Spend the rest of the draft taking BPA of o line, linebackers, rbs

Can someone offer up a scenario for my poor Jets?

I've got nothing. :(

1. Woody sells the team to Mark Cuban

2. Cuban brings Parcells out of retirement

3. Parcells wins Superbowl

4. #1 Jet fan firehat dude asphyxiates on colorful streamers just after SB win

5. Bloomberg imposes 24 oz minimum on all alcoholic beverages for a one week period after SB win

:headbanger:

Bengals - with 8 picks, 2 of which are 2nd rounders, more compensatory picks coming and 50 mil in cap space...

- They'd still have enough to extend or tag Michael Johnson, Andre Smith and Geno Atkins

- With the 1st 2nd rounder (which is a high one from the Raiders)...Lacy from Alabama

Bengals as well.

- While Victor Cruz would be awesome to have, I'd rather see the youngsters (Sanu & Jones) develop after a promising rookie campaign

-Hopefully they resign Michael Johnson & Andre Smith. Extending Geno Atkins is a priority #1 this upcoming season.

- Free Agency wishlist: No particular names, positions of need are Safety, Linebacker, Dynamic Running Back

- Draft. 1st round wishlist: 1. K. Vaccaro 2. A. Ogletree 3. B. Mingo

Oak Pick 2nd round: 1. J. Lacey 2. M. Elam 3. A. Brown

Cin Pick 2nd round: 1. BPA

Fire Marvin Lewis & promote Mike Zimmer to HC would be nice as well. Just glad he didn't get lured away for a HC job this season.

Also, I echo the sentiments of the Lions fans. The entire Brown family goes on a cruise & gets lost forever in the Bermuda triangle. Bengals fans rejoice & Paul Brown is resurrected from the grave & brings us back to legitimacy.

Seahawks

Trade up for an impact DE and best available WR

Rumor is all the top teams want to trade down, it might be an opportune to actually trade up, especially with the cost certainty of the new rookie contracts.

Probably just a pipe dream, our GM's policy seems to be quantity, quantity, quantity...that and he does not have a great first round track record to date.

You nailed it in your last sentence. I'd rather see a substantial trade down, swapping the 25th for a 2nd round pick and change. Interior and edge rushers on the d-line. A big WR

Also turning Flynn into at least a 3rd round pick would be sweet. Anything less and they might as well keep him around as a backup.

I'd love to see Branch re signed affordably. Jason Jones is the more likely re sign. Maybe sign Melton from the Bears.

- While Victor Cruz would be awesome to have, I'd rather see the youngsters (Sanu & Jones) develop after a promising rookie campaign

Yeah, the Victor Cruz thing was just a daydreaming kind of thing, but could you imagine. That WR corps would be unreal, on a Pats/Packers level. Too bad we don't have anyone that can get them the ball.

Yeah, the Victor Cruz thing was just a daydreaming kind of thing, but could you imagine. That WR corps would be unreal, on a Pats/Packers level. Too bad we don't have anyone that can get them the ball.

What are your thoughts on the draft Shovel? If Kenny Vaccaro is there @ #21, he'd be my selection but I believe he'll be gone before he makes it that far. Linebacker would be the next best option, & I like them in this order: 1. A. Ogletree 2. A. Brown 3. M. Teo. What are your thoughts? If not linebacker, which direction?

Patriots:

Resign Talib, Vollmer and Welker

Cut Lloyd

Sign Mike Wallace

Draft stud safety

Realistically, they can't sign all those guys. More likely I'd have to be satisfied with resigning Talib, replacing Vollmer through the draft, and either keeping Welker or picking up Wallace. Love the dynamic aspect Wallace would bring but I know welker would be missed, maybe dearly.

Maybe they could sign all these guys after all :shocking:

Thank you Tom Brady :overhead: :wub:

Dallas

* Clowny Jones fires himself as GM.

* Trade Romo for picks, whatever you can get - take.

* Cut Doug Free, eat the cap hit.

* If doable, trade M. Austin and J. Ratliff for picks - take whatever you can get.

* Let A. Spencer go, do not offer him a contract.

Yes basically blow the damn thing up, this team is nothing more than 8-8 at best. Romo is not the problem, but he alone is never going to win with the crap we have in front of him. Draft hard and heavy for the best available offensive and defensive lineman - take a shot on a qb in a middle round, go from there.

Maybe they could sign all these guys after all :shocking:

Thank you Tom Brady :overhead: :wub:

Welker is a good route runner - and usually good hands - unless it really matters :mad: But Brady made Welker into a star -- Wallace is a Star and in his Prime. Wallace and Lloyd on the outside with Hern and Gronk and a solid Run game - I think personally Vereen takes over as the main guy next year with all Ridley fumbles and he is more dynamic and a game breaker.

I would Cut ties with Welker any day to get Wallace.

San francisco 49ers:

- Bidding war starts for Alex Smith and some team goes crazy and offers a 1st round 2014 pick for him.

- Sign Danny Amendola and Mike Wallace

- Colin Kaepernick improves during the offseason

- Acquire Revis for a 2014 2nd round pick.

- Justin Smith, Kendall Hunter both comes back healthy

Welker is a good route runner - and usually good hands - unless it really matters :mad: But Brady made Welker into a star -- Wallace is a Star and in his Prime. Wallace and Lloyd on the outside with Hern and Gronk and a solid Run game - I think personally Vereen takes over as the main guy next year with all Ridley fumbles and he is more dynamic and a game breaker.

I would Cut ties with Welker any day to get Wallace.

That's pretty good analysis there. I tend to agree. I do think losing Welker would set the offense back though. It might only be temporary if Hernandez and Edelman can pick up the slack. Problem is Hernandez is fragile and Edelman is inconsistent.

San francisco 49ers:

- Bidding war starts for Alex Smith and some team goes crazy and offers a 1st round 2014 pick for him.

Holy shite this is terrifying, this team would be unstoppable. I don't know the numbers but I would half to assume you dont have the cap space for Amendola and Wallace.

I like the Revis for a 2nd and just make him play on his existing contract, basically all in for a super bowl this next year.

Dallas

* Trade Romo for picks, whatever you can get - take.

* Cut Doug Free, eat the cap hit.

* If doable, trade M. Austin and J. Ratliff for picks - take whatever you can get.

-any way you look at it, romo is a top-10 QB. no one on the market is even close to his ability, and you're not going to get any picks due to his salary.

-cutting free will have no impact whatsoever on the salary cap--it's a literal breakeven based on how his contract was structured. so keeping him doesn't cost a cent cap-wise.

-no one is going to offer anything for austin or ratliff because of their current contracts. both of them are 2 years removed from the pro bowl, and if you cut them, you'll be paying them not to play.

-completely agree about spencer.

Holy shite this is terrifying, this team would be unstoppable. I don't know the numbers but I would half to assume you dont have the cap space for Amendola and Wallace.

I like the Revis for a 2nd and just make him play on his existing contract, basically all in for a super bowl this next year.

Yea, probably no cap space for Wallace, but Amendola is definitely in the running

-any way you look at it, romo is a top-10 QB. no one on the market is even close to his ability, and you're not going to get any picks due to his salary.

-cutting free will have no impact whatsoever on the salary cap--it's a literal breakeven based on how his contract was structured. so keeping him doesn't cost a cent cap-wise.

Somebody out there would be willing to give you something, and take their chances on getting him to sign next year - happens all the time. A team like Minnesota wouldn't take a shot? What would they have to lose? As far as Free - I'm not cutting him to free up cap space - I just want his sorry ass off of my team.

Todd Archer wrote this back in November of 2012 - says would free up 7 million in cap space. Is this no longer the case?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4702192/cowboys-face-tough-cap-situation-in-2013

Bills

-tag and nail down FS Jairus Byrd

-resign G Andy Levitre (since there's been no movement with Byrd or Levitre up until now are they even trying to do anything?)

-sign a 2nd tier WR in free agency (not a mike wallace)

-have Geno Smith fall to them at 1.07. line him up as starter from day 1.

-trade 2nd rounder + whatever to move up and get TE Tyler Eifert

-take all LBs with the rest of the picks

-dont punt or kick a FG, ever, unless you're inside your own 20 yard line or it's 4th and Looong

probably will tag Byrd and none of the rest will happen

:thumbsdown:

Todd Archer wrote this back in November of 2012 - says would free up 7 million in cap space. Is this no longer the case?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4702192/cowboys-face-tough-cap-situation-in-2013

If the Cowboys cut Free right now as a straight release, he would not count anything against the cap either way, as a complete wash. But to save some money, the Cowboys could designate him a June 1 release and save $7 million off this year’s cap. Then next year, Free would count $7 million as dead money in 2014.

source

so best case, cutting him would help them a little bit this season, and really hurt next season when it's time to re-sign lee and dez (both of whom have a lot of leverage).

San francisco 49ers:

:cheers:

Michael Johnson received the franchise tag. Thankfully he's not going anywhere!

Michael Johnson received the franchise tag. Thankfully he's not going anywhere!

Yep, good first step. Now sign him long term. Next step...extend Geno Atkins. As for Andre Smith...I'm a little torn. I continue to see this guy get owned a couple times a game in pass protection. So go ahead and resign him, but only if it's a value deal.

Sitting at 0-6, with the media breathing down his neck, his qb struggling and his defense not performing up to expectations Rex Ryan makes a bold move and inserts himself as starting nose tackle.

Dallas

the one thing we both agreed on, and they franchised him again! i mean, i can see the need for DL depth with the brent and ratliff situations, but IMO it was a bad decision money-wise. with the release of sensabaugh, this points toward DT and S as draft areas for the defense, and may indicate the commitment to drafting an interior OLman in the 1st.

Sitting at 0-6, with the media breathing down his neck, his qb struggling and his defense not performing up to expectations Rex Ryan makes a bold move and inserts himself as starting nose tackle.

LMAO Matt. I wonder if Rex has lost too much weight to pull it off though :)

the one thing we both agreed on, and they franchised him again! i mean, i can see the need for DL depth with the brent and ratliff situations, but IMO it was a bad decision money-wise. with the release of sensabaugh, this points toward DT and S as draft areas for the defense, and may indicate the commitment to drafting an interior OLman in the 1st.

I can not believe the head clown out at Valley Ranch continues to borrow from the future, restructure contracts, and keep 30+ year old guys on the roster. As smart of a business man as Mr. Jones is, I can't undestand how he doesn't see that this plan doesn't work. It would be one thing if we were still the '95 Cowboys - but this current group sucks. Working out numbers to hang on to guys who scrapped it together to finish 8-8 last year makes no sense. We've got to clean house, draft better, get younger, and get out of this salary cap hell hole if we are ever going to seriously contend again.

I can not believe the head clown out at Valley Ranch continues to borrow from the future, restructure contracts, and keep 30+ year old guys on the roster. As smart of a business man as Mr. Jones is, I can't undestand how he doesn't see that this plan doesn't work. It would be one thing if we were still the '95 Cowboys - but this current group sucks. Working out numbers to hang on to guys who scrapped it together to finish 8-8 last year makes no sense. We've got to clean house, draft better, get younger, and get out of this salary cap hell hole if we are ever going to seriously contend again.

well, to be fair, the cowboys have gotten a whole lot younger over the last 3 years (2012 avg was 26, or 14th in the league). they have a core group of very young guys who are going to be stars--claiborne, smith, dez, lee, carter, and murray. what they're burdened with are a few problematic salaries that are very high, especially austin, free, scandrick, and ratliff. in all 4 of those cases, you see JJ's glaring weakness as GM--he doesn't want to "miss out" on a future star, and therefore overpays.

the drafting has gotten much better, but i don't see the need to 'clean house' just yet. there are a few guys who need to be written out of the plan--it's hard to part with ratliff, who was one of the best NTs in the game before getting hit with a variety of injuries. same with austin, who just a couple of years ago looked like a top-tier WR. again, the injury bug really hits hard.

to get back to the theme of the thread, my pipedream for DAL is that they develop an identity--a core philosophy WRT personnel. i just don't see any guiding plan for how the team goes about handling this. you can't have everything, so you have to pick your spots and develop the rest of the team to maximize those strengths and minimize the corresponding weaknesses.

so where do we sit now? as i see it, bryant, austin, and witten are maybe the most dangerous pass-receiving group in the league for a pro-style offense. that's a strength. now, austin is going to be allowed to test the market when bryant comes up for renewal, because bryant isn't going anywhere. witten has at least 3 more years of top-level production, and by all reports, hanna is going to be a very good player. harris is developing nicely. so they have a strength right now that can be parlayed into future strength by planning for continuity WRT austin's role--we need to find a compliment to bryant/witten and later bryant/hanna.

but all that means nothing without dealing with the passer side of the equation. that means romo, his protection, and scheme. i know how you feel about romo, but he isn't going anywhere until they find someone in the draft who fits--this team is not going to go 3-13, so you're not going to be able to draft a franchise QB. you have to develop one, so romo is still going to be around for the next few years.

that means you need to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. he can handle the edge rush fine--he may be the best out there at escaping outside rushers. where he has problems is with the inside rush. so a top interior lineman is the key to making a romo-led offense work. fortunately, this is a great draft class for that need. but romo is not a rodgers or brady--he can't consistently win games on his own. he needs help. the cowboys have been playing an aggressive downfield attack for the last 5 years, and without a running game, this puts all the pressure on the QB (like a hockey goalie on a team with crappy defensemen). since the strength of the offense is in the receiving corps, then he needs a scheme that takes some of the pressure off of him.

so there's my wish list for the offense--one of the top 2 guards, a more flexible scheme that allows (or even compels) romo to check down and manage down/distance rather than always having to force the downfield throw, and over the next couple of years, replacements for austin and romo.

defensively, things are more clear--the young strengths are going to be LB and CB, along with ware. so the worker bees are going to be DTs and safeties--instead of paying a lot for those guys, DAL is going to have to find value there. if that means cutting ties with ratliff, so be it.

holy crap! that got long. i'm already jonesing for 2013 football.

Lions- restructure deals for Stafford and Suh to free up cap space. The Lions have a lot of holes to fill, especially on defense.

Defensive End- let Avril go, they won't be able to afford him anyway. Sign John Abraham to a short 1-2yr deal. Draft DE in the 1st round this year.

Cornerback- good news for the Lions, the free agent market is crowded in a huge need position for them. Re-sign Houston, add another solid CB or two.

Linebacker- Grab Brad Jones from the Packers if possible... kid is going to be a stud at middle linebacker.

Wide Receiver- Cut Nate Burleson unless he'll take a pay cut. Grab a younger, fairly cheap replacement like Brandon Gibson to man the 2-3 along with Broyles when he returns.