Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Pats release Hernandez

"

Patriots waived TE Aaron Hernandez.

The Patriots clearly have no faith that Hernandez will be exonerated following his Wednesday morning arrest. They're willing to eat a ton of money in bonuses and guaranteed base salaries, and will be facing roughly $12.5 million in dead money against the salary cap. The Pats are also left with perhaps the weakest group of pass-catchers in the entire NFL. Their statement: "A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do."

Jun 26 - 10:24 AM

"

Per rotoworld

"The Patriots are expected to try to avoid paying Aaron Hernandez the remainder of his guaranteed base salaries.

Just before last season started, Hernandez signed a seven-year, $41.115 million contract. It included a $12.5 million signing bonus and fully guaranteed base salaries of $1.323 million in 2013 and $1.137 in 2014. Hernandez is scheduled to count $4.073 million against the cap this year and $8.637 million next season. If the Patriots can find a way to block the guaranteed money Hernandez is owed, that cap charge could be reduced. Still, money wasn't a concern when the Pats decided to release their supremely talented move tight end. Hernandez could be facing a very, very serious criminal charge. Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com "

After Amendola and Gronk get hurt after a couple weeks who will be left on that receiving corp

After Amendola and Gronk get hurt after a couple weeks who will be left on that receiving corp

Jake Ballard will have 200 catches, 3,000 yards, and 30 TDs. :banana:

Good for the Patriots for outright releasing him - rather than even waiting for any NFL action. Granted it might be for naught anyway as I doubt he ever plays again.

I suppose "Innocent until proven guilty" has been thrown out the window in this case.

I suppose "Innocent until proven guilty" has been thrown out the window in this case.

The release of hernandez doesnt mean that. The Pats, and belichick in particular, do not like this kind of publicity. They would rather cut a player who is more a product of the system than keep him through what would be a media circus all year.

A few callers have called and said this exact thing. And normally i would agree with you 100% however as many have pointed out the heads of NFL teams security are very tied into local and federal authorities and Kraft also has a lot of pull in Boston and more than likely knows exactly what chargers are going to be filed and probably what the evidence is. By releasing him now according to the CBA they can not go after the bonus and will take a hit to cap space this year and next year. Do you think the Patriots would just release him because he got arrested?

Also hearing police were able to get images off Hernandez's cell phone and home security that he or someone with him tried to destroy but were not succesful. These images reportedly show Hernandez and the victim leaving the house that night together and then only Hernandez returning.

One serious charge and 5 lesser charges according to WBZ

NBC Sports is reporting that an inside source has said "assume the worst" regarding the charges against Hernandez.

He is supposed to be arraigned at 2:00 pm eastern time.

Damn the people know the charges but wont say until they are officially released. :dunno:

Lets go people give us the "off the record" quote please

Patriots press release from earlier,

A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.

Ballard is too slow to fill that ROLE

AHERN lined up at TE only 59% of his snaps

I guess TEBOW is possible ..

DOBSON and BOYCE might both start !

Jake Ballard will have 200 catches, 3,000 yards, and 30 TDs. :banana:

Tommy Maddox coming out of retirement to throw to him???

Anyone wonder why the Patriots dumped his A$$ now?? WOW this is unreal how someone in his position would be this stupid.

First Degree Murder and lucky they dont have death penalty. Held without bail

He is absolutely stone-faced during the arraignment on ESPN.

Exactly what I noticed. This dude comes off as a stone cold gang banger. Looked like he was watching game film, barely paying attention.

If he is convicted and sentenced to long prison term, like it looks like is a very good possibility right now, if his contract still counts against the salary cap? If player gets convicted of 1st degree or any degree of murder he and his contract should whipped out of NFL.

Wonder if there is any rule about that?

Exactly what I noticed. This dude comes off as a stone cold gang banger. Looked like he was watching game film, barely paying attention.

Tough guys gotta be tough.

Some details supposedly revealed:

Carrying guns when he and homies exit the house, walking through house with guns. Then the cameras are shut off.

Bullet found in rental car by attendant. Throws it in trash, then cops find it.

Swaps rental car used in murder for a Chrysler 300.

Dumb a$$ jock. What a focking dillweed.

Good time to pick him up off waivers in my dynasty league? He's sure to contribute in 2038, maybe as soon as 2023 with good behavior, amiright? :banana:

Some details supposedly revealed:

Carrying guns when he and homies exit the house, walking through house with guns. Then the cameras are shut off.

Bullet found in rental car by attendant. Throws it in trash, then cops find it.

Swaps rental car used in murder for a Chrysler 300.

Dumb a$$ jock. What a focking dillweed.

He had to be set up. You can't spend 3 years at the University of Florida and be this dumb. Well.....

He was a great talent in that he was a mix between TE and WR. In prison, he'll be more WR.

More good stuff BufordT:

During the hearing, prosecutors say they can prove Hernandez stopped at a gas station hours before the murder and purchased gas, cigarettes and BLUE COTTON CANDY FLAVORED BUBBLICIOUS BUBBLE GUM.

After Odin was murdered, investigators say they found a shell casing in his rental car that matched the caliber of the bullet used to kill the 27-year-old ... and next to the casing -- A CHEWED PIECE OF BLUE COTTON CANDY FLAVORED BUBBLICIOUS BUBBLE GUM.

So on top of the mountain of evidence he already gave the D.A., add his DNA right next to a spent casing. You can't make this sh!t up!

yes, don't sign thugs.

If that was the case there would not be a NFL :thumbsdown:

More good stuff BufordT:

During the hearing, prosecutors say they can prove Hernandez stopped at a gas station hours before the murder and purchased gas, cigarettes and BLUE COTTON CANDY FLAVORED BUBBLICIOUS BUBBLE GUM.

After Odin was murdered, investigators say they found a shell casing in his rental car that matched the caliber of the bullet used to kill the 27-year-old ... and next to the casing -- A CHEWED PIECE OF BLUE COTTON CANDY FLAVORED BUBBLICIOUS BUBBLE GUM.

So on top of the mountain of evidence he already gave the D.A., add his DNA right next to a spent casing. You can't make this sh!t up!

I want to know how he managed to score a 17 on the Wonderlic test? 17 is pretty bad but following this case you'd think single digits for sure.

• Like 1

I'm sure this will help his case (if it is real) ...

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/350017728054181889/photo/1

Doesnt surprise me after listening to the prosecutor today. Lets put in new security system and run around the house with a gun and then go shoot someone. Oh yeah lets also text the victim before we do this also. But wait if we break the security system and cell phone the cops wont be able to recover the video or texts. Oh sh!t didnt know verizon will have copies of those text messages :doh:

Doesnt surprise me after listening to the prosecutor today. Lets put in new security system and run around the house with a gun and then go shoot someone. Oh yeah lets also text the victim before we do this also. But wait if we break the security system and cell phone the cops wont be able to recover the video or texts. Oh sh!t didnt know verizon will have copies of those text messages :doh:

PLUS have 2 witnesses with me, and drive my rental car into an industrial park, and leave the body near my house ....

WTF

Then plead not guilty as if I have been framed - but my behavior screams guilty

duh