Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Buying my First Gaming system - need Geekput!

I have not owned a gaming System since College -- Play Station 1. The last video Game I owned was the 1998 version of NBA live.

Since both Xbox 360 and PlayStation has just upgraded - a new version of XBox 360 and now a PS 4. I DO NOT want the new versions it doesn't matter for me -- Hell all the old games would be NEW to me anyway -- I have never played COD , Halo , etc..................

So What is better the old version of Xbox 360 for like $130 for the console/controller or the PS3 for like $220 ------? Knowing it really doesn't matter much to me - though I think I might like the PS controller more though it may of changed A LOT anyway since the PS 1 so it matters not.

The only games I really want is Madden , Tiger Woods Golf , COD -- actually my 10 year old son wants this ------------- :unsure: if I should get it for him. The only games I really want is a kind of newish version of Madden and Tiger.

Unfortunately there is only so much of playing games on the PC so i need to break down and buy a console. Again not looking for anything state of the art just something decent to have to play a few sports games and maybe some COD and or Halo with the kid.

Seriously dude, GROW UP...a video game system???? What are you a child....

I use my xbox 360 everyday(but the preferred system of the Geek Club is the PS3). :headbanger:

Youtube

Seriously dude, GROW UP...a video game system???? What are you a child....

I use my xbox 360 everyday(but the preferred system of the Geek Club is the PS3). :headbanger:

Do they still have the games for the Older XBox 360

Ps3 will also let you play blue rays

Already have a decent Bluray player - but I never use it as I just order movies On Demand or Netflix roku in HD

I think one of those Leapfrog systems would be right up your alley.

Shut up Nikki!

:ninja:

:mad:

Do they still have the games for the Older XBox 360

There's only one XBox 360...originally there was just the XBox and most of those games played in the 360. Microsoft has announced the new Xbox system(Xbox One), but it doesn't ship for a few months, probably the X-mas holiday.

I'm pretty sure you want 360 games, and there are a ton of games of them, you can get new ones at the store/ used at game stop.

If you're wanting to play with your kid then pony up the dough and get a new system. He's probably not going to want to play outdated games even if you don't care that they're outdated. He's not old enough to be nostalgic.

What Worms said...if you buy the old one, your son will be whining for the new one very soon.

What Worms said...if you buy the old one, your son will be whining for the new one very soon.

I was going to get him the PS 4 for X-mas ................... this one is just for me :ninja:

If you do not plan to on-line game, i doubt it matters. But with a 10 year old it will matter. Find out what his friends have and get that.

If you do not plan to on-line game, i doubt it matters. But with a 10 year old it will matter. Find out what his friends have and get that.

+1 :thumbsup:

Xbox is for fhags

I am looking forward to COD Ghost on PS3, so us geeks can get thilly once again and have some laughs.

:lol:

Just ordered a basic Xbox 360 for like 130 online -- I got the newest Madden , Tiger woods 14 , and COD Black ops. The last time I played Madden was in 2002 on my PC , Last time I played Tiger woods was in 2000 , Never once played COD just always ehar about it.

Any good older games to get I might like? The store has a ton of games for like 5 bucks - they are old but hell I have never played them.

If you have a 360, the Gears of War series is a must buy. The first one which launched the system is still one of the most impressive games I've seen on the system, and a ton of fun to play.

I was about to tell you to stick with the PS3 since that is what you know. I've all but quit in madden its gotten so complicated and there are so many button combos to make moves that used to be one button. I've played madden since the genesis days, and I really miss the simpler games.

I was about to tell you to stick with the PS3 since that is what you know. I've all but quit in madden its gotten so complicated and there are so many button combos to make moves that used to be one button. I've played madden since the genesis days, and I really miss the simpler games.

:( what? - I was looking forward to playing Madden tonight. The controls aren't at least the same? In defense there was 1 button to toggle to the player closest to the bal, 1 button to dive and 1 button to accelerate . On Offense 1 button to accelerate , 1 button to dive when running. And the QB you just hit the button that correlates to the WR you want to throw it too.

What made madden great is that is was simple -- don't tell me they focked this up? Did the go and make Tiger Woods Golf the same way :wall:

I stopped playing madden around 08 or so, passing cones and whatnot, just can't get into it

I stopped playing madden around 08 or so, passing cones and whatnot, just can't get into it

passing cone?

:( what? - I was looking forward to playing Madden tonight. The controls aren't at least the same? In defense there was 1 button to toggle to the player closest to the bal, 1 button to dive and 1 button to accelerate . On Offense 1 button to accelerate , 1 button to dive when running. And the QB you just hit the button that correlates to the WR you want to throw it too.

What made madden great is that is was simple -- don't tell me they focked this up? Did the go and make Tiger Woods Golf the same way :wall:

All that still works...Sorta it is just a lot more complicated to compete on what ever the regular mode is. I have to knock the sliders down to make the AI stupid to even compete. and I still usually get spanked.

I bought that Tiger Woods 14 -- anyone played this yet? I bought Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 for cheap today at lunch at game stop.

Any other good games to get my 10 year old? I basically got Tiger woods and Madden for me the rest are for him when he is at the house.

All that still works...Sorta it is just a lot more complicated to compete on what ever the regular mode is. I have to knock the sliders down to make the AI stupid to even compete. and I still usually get spanked.

I remember the "basic" level on madden being easy as hell -- has this changed and it's actually tough now??? so no more getting 100 points in a game with 5 min quarters?

Man I'm lucky to score 21 a game most times and can give up 50 anytime.....Now that said, I figure I suck pretty bad, but I wasnt THAT bad before it got hard.

I bought that Tiger Woods 14 -- anyone played this yet? I bought Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 for cheap today at lunch at game stop.

Any other good games to get my 10 year old? I basically got Tiger woods and Madden for me the rest are for him when he is at the house.

Gears of War is awesome if you are cool with your 10 year old cutting people in half with a chainsaw.

I was playing Gears of War 2 most days until Rocksmith came out. Haven't played in a year and a half.

I am looking forward to COD Ghost on PS3, so us geeks can get thilly once again and have some laughs.

It's all fun and games until edjr rage quits by smashing his TV :doublethumbsup: