Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Season Thread***

Eh, still recovering from my self diagnosis of alcohol poisoning as I sit at work with my head and stomach doing rinse cycles. I'm still trying to digest the current final roster, and it's all still a blur.

Antonio Winfield retired? Really? What exactly is the success rate of this current front office when it comes to high profile free agent signings?

Two tight ends? Yeah, well there weren't more than 2 worth keeping. Terrible job of bringing in TE talent into camp. Need to scour the wire.

800 linebackers on the roster? And we will be in the nickle defense about 2/3 of the time? Why on earth?

Still can't get past cutting Michael Robinson and keeping Derrick Coleman. I can live with Spencer Ware, but why Coleman too? So, who's the emergency QB now?

Nobody over the age of 31 on the entire roster. Huh. That window is going to be open for a while.

Jax signs multiple guys that we cut. Kansas City grabs 3 of them. San Fran grabs Chris Harper. Seems almost like draft day around the NFL, as teams happily pick through our discarded scraps. What a difference 3 years make.

I liked McGrath at TE, thought he would have been fine there. I do not get Coleman.

I liked McGrath at TE, thought he would have been fine there. I do not get Coleman.

McGrath has zero upside, so they might as well find someone that might improve over time. McGrath is what he is.

Oh, Brady Quinn signed with Jets. They better start thinking about finding a QB for the practice squad. After Wilson and Jackson, there is absolutely nobody that can throw the ball.

McGrath has zero upside, so they might as well find someone that might improve over time. McGrath is what he is.

Oh, Brady Quinn signed with Jets. They better start thinking about finding a QB for the practice squad. After Wilson and Jackson, there is absolutely nobody that can throw the ball.

I bet Matt Flynn could be had for a song!

We could probably get BJ Coleman from the Packers.

Since Hawker is crying that this does not belong in the Harbaugh thread about Seahawk PED use...I will ask him here.

Do you think that all of your guys busted were really just using Adderall?

Yes. If you disagree provide the link that shows otherwise. If not, STFU!

About the answer I would expect from you.

A link to what? That guys say they used Adderall because it does not sound bad...and the NFL does not release the information?

Basically...you believe them...why? Because they are Seahawks...if it was a 9er getting caught like that...would you say the same thing?

Ill save you the trouble...no need to lie either.

Mike Neal of the Packers got busted and said the same thing...guess what it most likely was? Steroids or some other PED.

Guess what it most likely is for anyone who gets caught?

But thanks for proving you are nothing more than a blind homer who will believe anything your players or Pete say.

About the answer I would expect from you.

A link to what? That guys say they used Adderall because it does not sound bad...and the NFL does not release the information?

Basically...you believe them...why? Because they are Seahawks...if it was a 9er getting caught like that...would you say the same thing?

Ill save you the trouble...no need to lie either.

Mike Neal of the Packers got busted and said the same thing...guess what it most likely was? Steroids or some other PED.

Guess what it most likely is for anyone who gets caught?

But thanks for proving you are nothing more than a blind homer who will believe anything your players or Pete say.

Hmm no link. Like I thought. Now STFU!

Hmm no link. Like I thought. Now STFU!

Link to what?

You being a homeristic turd?

This whole thread and every one before it pretty much proves me right on that one.

Do you think that all of your guys busted were really just using Adderall?

No. Of course not. Let's not be naive about this. With that said, a couple of other thoughts.

One, the Redskins have more PED-related suspensions over the last few years than the Seahawks do, yet all the hilarious cracks about PEDs, Adderall, etc., only seem to go towards the Hawks. It's like the Skins get a free pass or something. Maybe it's more about how competitive the Hawks look, and not about the suspensions per se. Look at it this way. Would you EVER see any threads talking this if it happened to a Raider or a Jaguar? Please. No one would bother.

Two, I believe that every team in the league has players that use PEDs, but that many of them have not been caught yet. There's a cat-and-mouse technology race in lots of sports. Baseball. Cycling. Why should it be different in the NFL? I think it's really short-sighted to start pointing fingers when someone on a hated rival gets busted for PEDs, because there-but-for-the-grace-of-god-go-I. If you turned on ESPN and they said 'coming up next...allegations of performance enhancing drugs on a major name in the National Football League' - you wouldn't mutter under your breath and pray that it wasn't one of your guys?

Maybe you could argue that the Hawks and Skins are dumber than the rest of the league for using out-of-date masking agents. The rest of this, this relentless determination to assign asterisks to the Hawks in case they win, feels just as naive to me as you are suggesting about Hawks fans.

No. Of course not. Let's not be naive about this. With that said, a couple of other thoughts.

One, the Redskins have more PED-related suspensions over the last few years than the Seahawks do, yet all the hilarious cracks about PEDs, Adderall, etc., only seem to go towards the Hawks. It's like the Skins get a free pass or something. Maybe it's more about how competitive the Hawks look, and not about the suspensions per se. Look at it this way. Would you EVER see any threads talking this if it happened to a Raider or a Jaguar? Please. No one would bother.

Two, I believe that every team in the league has players that use PEDs, but that many of them have not been caught yet. There's a cat-and-mouse technology race in lots of sports. Baseball. Cycling. Why should it be different in the NFL? I think it's really short-sighted to start pointing fingers when someone on a hated rival gets busted for PEDs, because there-but-for-the-grace-of-god-go-I. If you turned on ESPN and they said 'coming up next...allegations of performance enhancing drugs on a major name in the National Football League' - you wouldn't mutter under your breath and pray that it wasn't one of your guys?

Maybe you could argue that the Hawks and Skins are dumber than the rest of the league for using out-of-date masking agents. The rest of this, this relentless determination to assign asterisks to the Hawks in case they win, feels just as naive to me as you are suggesting about Hawks fans.

I agree with you that Im betting plenty are on them.

I know I won't be surprised if Clay Matthews ever gets busted.

As for any asterisks...I have not suggested anything of the kind...just wanting to see if Hawker could admit as you did. Not surprisingly...he couldn't.

I agree with you that Im betting plenty are on them.

I know I won't be surprised if Clay Matthews ever gets busted.

As for any asterisks...I have not suggested anything of the kind...just wanting to see if Hawker could admit as you did. Not surprisingly...he couldn't.

You and I do not work for the NFL as testers. You and I do not work for the Seahawks or the NFL in any capacity. Until you and I privy to inside information we know NOTHING! I don't really care what you think you know. HTH

You and I do not work for the NFL as testers. You and I do not work for the Seahawks or the NFL in any capacity. Until you and I privy to inside information we know NOTHING! I don't really care what you think you know. HTH

I know for a fact you believe them for one reason.

You are a blind homer.

Inactive today: CB Browner, LB Lotulelei, T Bowie, DE Clemons, DT Hill

Cliff Avril is active. I guess Thurmond is starting for Browner.

More teams blitz now in pre season to test scheme etc

Conjecture is done now it counts

. I was hoping Browner would play because then Thurmond could go at nickel, which I think he was born to play. Who's going to be the 5th guy in a 4-2-5 set? Jeremy Lane?

At least Avril is active. Hopefully he contributes something this week but it might be a bit early to shake off the rust.

Now I'm seeing conflicting reports on Avril's status.

With Browner out, I guess they play more traditional defensive sets, possibly more 3-4 formations to combat Newton's ability to run, but the biggest key is going to disguise coverages as Newton has a reputation for not recognizing the coverage and throwing the ball into trouble. There is a good shot at forcing some turnovers today.

Although I'd rather put in Lane or Maxwell in for Browner, and keep Thurmond in the nickle slot where he belongs.

I know for a fact you believe them for one reason.

You are a blind homer.

I know for a fact that I don't give a rat's arse about what you think. .

More teams blitz now in pre season to test scheme etc

Conjecture is done now it counts

Try the search engine and go find the whiner thread.

Last year the Seahawks lose that time. They had a millions excuses to choke it away today. I'll take an ugly, cross-country morning game win any day. Now lets get healthy!

Panthers D and Cam looked good.

Last year the Seahawks lose that time. They had a millions excuses to choke it away today. I'll take an ugly, cross-country morning game win any day. Now lets get healthy!

Panthers D and Cam looked good.

That was a close one. Carolina D looked pretty good and our O-line got handled. Glad to come out with a win there.

No injuries either. That was the most important thing. Schoefield looked good on his sack, but we need Avril and Clemons back ASAP.

I hope Cable just TEARS into the O-line this week too. They looked like sh!t.

No injuries either. That was the most important thing. Schoefield looked good on his sack, but we need Avril and Clemons back ASAP.

I hope Cable just TEARS into the O-line this week too. They looked like sh!t.

I agree that the O-Line looked meh. But give Carolina some credit. They have a very good front 7. Good come from behind win onthe road. It has begun!

Geez, where to begin. 1-0 is 1-0 is 1-0.

The defense had some worrisome moments, but ultimately came up with a game winning fumble recovery with around 5 minutes to go, inside the redzone, held Carolina at home to 243 yards (outgained them 370 to 243), only 7 points, and held Cam Newton to a flimsy 125 yards passing. Without a couple of starters on defense. I'll certainly pleased with that.

Russell Wilson seemed to be under pressure for huge chunks of the game yet only got sacked twice. He spread the ball around and managed to pass for a quiet 320 yards while being his usual clutch self late in the game, especially huge after such a shaky start (1 for 5) and finished 25 for 33. Doug Baldwin was great, and Jevon Kearse with a terrific go ahead TD catch. Carolina is a tough defensive team, so I don't completely blame Lynch for a subpar game. The offensive line had an underwhelming game. Again, penalties killed drives, and the Seahawks had 9 penalties vs 4 for Carolina.

And that intentional grounding call to cripple a drive of Seattle deep into Carolina territory was pure bullsh!t.

And that intentional grounding call to cripple a drive of Seattle deep into Carolina territory was pure bullsh!t.

Amen!

I agree with everyone here. A win is a win. They can look as ugly as they want during 1:00 eastern games, but if they can still pull out the win. I'll take it.

They are purely dominant at home. And still pretty damn good on the road.

Those 1:00 est. road starts are the hiccups. So I don't care how they look in those games as long as they come out uninjured, and with a W.

On a side note. I didn't realise how good Carolina's front line is. Our line didn't play particulary well, but damn. That front D is tough.

You diehard Seahawk fans laughed at me when I said Kearse was your best WR.

Who caught the TD pass that won the game for you. That's game one...he's only going to be more involved until he's the clear #1.

The funny thing is to see all the upcoming hype about San Fran going into this week's matchup, a game that the Seahawks will probably win rather easily. Gee, San Fran might go undefeated this year, based on the results. The classic overreaction to a high scoring high profile win by San Fran on national TV at home vs an ugly low scoring Seattle win on the road that barely got shown on RedZone and was typically the last game most network went to in their highlight packages. The secondary will shut down all of the WRs for SF, including that cheap shot artist stiff Boldin. It was sick watching him hit GB players in the back, out of bounds, with no ramifications. Anyway, Kaepernick chewed up a dog sh!t Green Bay secondary. I was more impressed and pleased at how bad the San Fran defense looked. No reason to expect that defense to slow down any credible passing attack. It's a shame Green Bay couldn't pull out the win after taking the lead late in the game, and it felt like Harbaugh was trying to screw over bettors by running up the score a bit on that cheese d!ck FG with 30 seconds left, but I guess he doesn't trust his secondary either. After getting a nice long look at the St Louis/Arizona game, I suspect San Fran has the worst defense in the division. But, that's my overreaction. So, what's the media response after the Seattle win this week? Seattle won at home again, no big deal?

Who caught the TD pass that won the game for you. That's game one...he's only going to be more involved until he's the clear #1.

The Kearse TD was the 2nd biggest play of the game (the fumble with 5 minutes to go was #1), but to be fair, Doug Baldwin was the dominant Seattle WR Week #1.

• Like 1

The Kearse TD was the 2nd biggest play of the game (the fumble with 5 minutes to go was #1), but to be fair, Doug Baldwin was the dominant Seattle WR Week #1.

I couldn't believe the stephen williams drop the play or two before that.

As soon as the ball was hiked. I saw him at the top of my screen run right past the DB. I was screaming he's open, he's open, before Wilson even threw the ball. When Wilson saw him and threw the ball. I was celebrating when the ball was in the air.

I couldn't believe he didn't bring it in.

What a roller coaster that play was.

I'm a Panthers fan and just wanted to weigh in.

Wilson was really impressive. He had people in his face all game and somehow managed to not only get passes off but find targets down the field. That Baldwin catch on the sideline was a freak play, both by Wilson and Baldwin.

Good defensive game, the strip of Williams at the end was a fantastic play. I doubt more than a few RB's could have held onto that ball. Put the nail in the coffin.

Whoa

The funny thing is to see all the upcoming hype about San Fran going into this week's matchup, a game that the Seahawks will probably win rather easily. Gee, San Fran might go undefeated this year, based on the results. The classic overreaction to a high scoring high profile win by San Fran on national TV at home vs an ugly low scoring Seattle win on the road that barely got shown on RedZone and was typically the last game most network went to in their highlight packages. The secondary will shut down all of the WRs for SF, including that cheap shot artist stiff Boldin. It was sick watching him hit GB players in the back, out of bounds, with no ramifications. Anyway, Kaepernick chewed up a dog sh!t Green Bay secondary. I was more impressed and pleased at how bad the San Fran defense looked. No reason to expect that defense to slow down any credible passing attack. It's a shame Green Bay couldn't pull out the win after taking the lead late in the game, and it felt like Harbaugh was trying to screw over bettors by running up the score a bit on that cheese d!ck FG with 30 seconds left, but I guess he doesn't trust his secondary either. After getting a nice long look at the St Louis/Arizona game, I suspect San Fran has the worst defense in the division. But, that's my overreaction. So, what's the media response after the Seattle win this week? Seattle won at home again, no big deal?

I enjoyed watching Mathews back up his words and ramrod Kapernick going out of bounds. Hoping that Kam or Browner does the same!

I'm a Panthers fan and just wanted to weigh in.

Wilson was really impressive. He had people in his face all game and somehow managed to not only get passes off but find targets down the field. That Baldwin catch on the sideline was a freak play, both by Wilson and Baldwin.

Good defensive game, the strip of Williams at the end was a fantastic play. I doubt more than a few RB's could have held onto that ball. Put the nail in the coffin.

The Panthers are a pretty solid team that seems to lose a lot of tight ball games. They deserve a better fate. They'll win their share of games, but if you factor in that many scenarios in many people's minds, SF and Seattle both make the playoffs, they will have to not only beat out either Atlanta or New Orleans for a playoff spot, but also the teams in the NFC North too. We can just stick a fork in the NFC East as just one team makes it. The NFC is going to be tough to grab a playoff spot in this year, and that loss to Seattle hurts in head to head and conference record. The CFL does it right, in that they will seed teams from one conference into another in the playoffs if not enough good teams exist in a conference. You could fill the #5 and #6 seeds in the AFC with NFC teams this year for the sheer balance.

Still, you have a solid team that just needs the luck to start going your way at some point; law of averages and stuff. I look forward to the Carolina defense beating up on the rest of the NFC West teams the rest of the year.

I enjoyed watching Mathews back up his words and ramrod Kapernick going out of bounds. Hoping that Kam or Browner does the same!

Not shocked that Hawker applauds dirty play.

Hey, Sno Nuff, you're a Green Bay fan, right?

Note that the head ref yesterday in the SF/GB game was Bill Leavy, infamous for his apologizing for his shitty calls in the Seattle/Pittsburgh Superbowl. He blew it again on the offsetting personal fouls, gave SF an extra down, and they scored a TD on the extra play, certainly a key play in the game. And all of this on the heels of the dual possession Golden Tate play last year, another NFC West team that got the best of a disputed call in which GB has now lost a pair of close games.

The state of officiating in the NFL. Comment?

Hey, Sno Nuff, you're a Green Bay fan, right?

Note that the head ref yesterday in the SF/GB game was Bill Leavy, infamous for his apologizing for his shitty calls in the Seattle/Pittsburgh Superbowl. He blew it again on the offsetting personal fouls, gave SF an extra down, and they scored a TD on the extra play, certainly a key play in the game. And all of this on the heels of the dual possession Golden Tate play last year, another NFC West team that got the best of a disputed call in which GB has now lost a pair of close games.

The state of officiating in the NFL. Comment?

Yeah...he focked that call up.

And they did miss that block by Boldin as well later.

In the end, not what lost the game...

You can't turn the ball over twice on the road.

You can't play a soft zone with no pass rush and allow a QB to sit there with all the time in the world to hit a big WR in the middle of the field...or the TE.

And that play in question should have never taken place.

Who the fock takes a 5 yard penalty when your defense forced 4th down?

• Like 1