Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Doug's Big Boards - Top 150 PPR & Non-PPR

Thanks. Your PPR Big Board last season helped me take take Spiller and Martin a bit earlier compared to their average ADP.

Since our league has moved to .5 PPR this season and the format is becoming more popular, I'd love to see a Big Board - Top 150 - .5 PPR. Could this be in the works?

Great as always. I'm a little confused as to how Ridley's value is so low compared to the players around him, given his generally favorable ranking, but perhaps it's just a sequencing thing.

Seeing everyone laid out across all positions really helps when revisiting question mark players and positional decisions. The threshold for "alright, buddy, you're starting to reach" comes up pretty quickly at RB this year.

Thanks. Your PPR Big Board last season helped me take take Spiller and Martin a bit earlier compared to their average ADP.

Since our league has moved to .5 PPR this season and the format is becoming more popular, I'd love to see a Big Board - Top 150 - .5 PPR. Could this be in the works?

Thanks for the Big Boards, Doug!

I was going to ask about a .5 PPR list as well since I have two leagues in that format. Previously I've averaged the PPR and non-PPR in excel, but there is a little bit of work needed to rerank the players.

nice significant bump to cj spiller and richardson this year... also love the guesstimate color coded strength of schedule... if charles can stay healthy into the FFplayoffs... lookout!

the only major diagreement we have is vincent brown, who i think could easily crack the top 20 WR this year...

EDIT... maybe giving chris givens a bump too

Great as always. I'm a little confused as to how Ridley's value is so low compared to the players around him, given his generally favorable ranking, but perhaps it's just a sequencing thing.

Seeing everyone laid out across all positions really helps when revisiting question mark players and positional decisions. The threshold for "alright, buddy, you're starting to reach" comes up pretty quickly at RB this year.

Ridley's "value" is so low b/c he is a young Michael Turner in fantasy's terms. His high ranking (in light of his low value) is a reflection of my confidence that he once again put up the same kind of numbers he did last year. If he does, he'll earn his ranking in both leagues.

nice significant bump to cj spiller and richardson this year... also love the guesstimate color coded strength of schedule... if charles can stay healthy into the FFplayoffs... lookout!

the only major diagreement we have is vincent brown, who i think could easily crack the top 20 WR this year...

EDIT... maybe giving chris givens a bump too

Spiller was ranked low last year b/c Gailey had not given us any indication he was going to trust him. Even with his talent, it took an early injury to Jackson for Spiller to see the field. Richardson was injured entering the season and there was some doubt at the time of the last Big Board I did as to how quickly he would get back up to speed.

Brown would be 15-20 spots higher at his position if I had faith he could stay healthy. He's already had injury woes again this season in camp. I doubt many people many people have Givens much higher than I do, but there is a chance he moves up as I continue tweaking my projections throughout my QC process.

Doug great board. One comment you made last year was that there were 13-14 players who were clearly a cut above the rest - I would say that pool is a little bigger this year.

Thank you again for the board. - one of my most essential tools

Thanks for your Big Board. I love what you are doing. One thing that I don't understand is your ranking of Desean Jackson below Tavon Austin and Chris Givens. D-Jax is going to the the clear go to #1 receiver in the Philly O. How good do you expect that Rams passing game to be in order to support Cook, Austin, and Givens rankings? Even if they go pass heavy I don't see there being enough targets for 3 players.

Thanks. great work, as always!

PPR... Agree with Bob on DJAX. Why so low on him? Everything out of camp is positive and he's clearly the best WR, with Maclin out.

I like your ranking of Tampa Mike. I've been getting him an average of 15-20 picks after that, in most mocks. Might have to reach a bit in my real draft. Really like him this year.

Daryl Richardson seems a bit low to me. Below both Browns, Woodhead and Bernard? I don't see how those three could have more upside than Daryl? He reminds me of Chris Johnson and we all know what he did with Fisher!

Thanks for your Big Board. I love what you are doing. One thing that I don't understand is your ranking of Desean Jackson below Tavon Austin and Chris Givens. D-Jax is going to the the clear go to #1 receiver in the Philly O. How good do you expect that Rams passing game to be in order to support Cook, Austin, and Givens rankings? Even if they go pass heavy I don't see there being enough targets for 3 players.

Thanks. great work, as always!

PPR... Agree with Bob on DJAX. Why so low on him? Everything out of camp is positive and he's clearly the best WR, with Maclin out.

I like your ranking of Tampa Mike. I've been getting him an average of 15-20 picks after that, in most mocks. Might have to reach a bit in my real draft. Really like him this year.

Daryl Richardson seems a bit low to me. Below both Browns, Woodhead and Bernard? I don't see how those three could have more upside than Daryl? He reminds me of Chris Johnson and we all know what he did with Fisher!

Bob and Mobb, I tend to agree with you on D-Jax and D-Rich. Here's the story:

I mentioned Jackson in the write-up and I am quite certain he will move up quite a bit. ... I haven't had a lot of time to revise Philly's initial projections since I first did them in early July (obviously before the Maclin injury). Perhaps more importantly, however, is that I am hesitant to revise them until Chip names a starting QB. My best guess - without having done the projections obviously - is that I'll move him up into the early 30s among WRs.

Richardson - I wanted to wait until I actually got to see Pead run in the preseason before I leaned too far in one direction or the other. At this point, based on what I saw and what is coming out of Rams camp, Richardson is clearly the better back at the moment. That should be reflected on the next board.

I'm happy to announce - for those that asked here, on Twitter or via e-mail - that I will be doing an auction article that will hit the site next week and a 0.5 Big Board the following week.

• Like 1

Ugh. And my 0.5 PPR draft is next Saturday. Damnit, Doug, why can't you do things on my schedule? ME ME ME ME!

Ugh. And my 0.5 PPR draft is next Saturday. Damnit, Doug, why can't you do things on my schedule? ME ME ME ME!

I am sympathetic to your plight. There's a solid chance that will be the first board I work on, so I may be able to MEet your deadline and send you something if you'd like.

• Like 1

One of the highlights of the fantasy year; thanks for doing these.

As a bonus, I was comparing a team that I've recently drafted with your list and it looks like we have similar opinions (positive and negative) on many players. Which probably contributes to my liking your rankings so much! :cheers:

Great job! This was extremely helpful last year at my draft for my money league that I won. It seems in line with what I've been trying to do in my mocks.

Thanks for the great tool! Will the existing PPR Big Board be updated this week?

Like what I am hearing about the saints offense except for the usual Ingram hype.

Thanks for the great tool! Will the existing PPR Big Board be updated this week?

Yeah, we'll have an Big Board update here in the couple hours and then again next Tuesday, 8/27.

One of the highlights of the fantasy year; thanks for doing these.

As a bonus, I was comparing a team that I've recently drafted with your list and it looks like we have similar opinions (positive and negative) on many players. Which probably contributes to my liking your rankings so much! :cheers:

Great job! This was extremely helpful last year at my draft for my money league that I won. It seems in line with what I've been trying to do in my mocks.

I knew I liked you guys for some reason. Little did I know it was b/c we agreed on fantasy player values :first: :overhead:

Is the data from Dougs big boards incorproated into the Draft buddy in any way? Like on it's own tab or in the projections / rankings?

Is the data from Dougs big boards incorproated into the Draft buddy in any way? Like on it's own tab or in the projections / rankings?

Hi clemenceau,

The offensive projections in Draft Buddy are mine (Mike Krueger) and the IDP projections are from Antonio D'Arcangelis.

Hi clemenceau,

The offensive projections in Draft Buddy are mine (Mike Krueger) and the IDP projections are from Antonio D'Arcangelis.

Can the big boards be manually incorporated via custom projections?

• Like 1

I'm happy to announce - for those that asked here, on Twitter or via e-mail - that I will be doing an auction article that will hit the site next week and a 0.5 Big Board the following week.

You are the freaking man, Doug! My 2 .5PPR drafts are sept 2/3 so I will be set :)

Great work - thanks.

Can't wait for 2.0 to come out.