Sign in to follow this  
montana

Wk 3 Preseason Games - Observations

Zach Suffeld with a costly fumble..but Brady sure looked good opening drive throwing to, at this point, no named guys

Bush ran outta gas on that play after about 50 yards.

Nice play just surprised me a little.

• Like 1

Brandon Stokely working that slot in 3-WR sets for a couple catches on the opening drive. Ravens ran the no-huddle all the way down the field for a TD. Rice stopped at the 1 yard line. Got the goaline carry for the TD!

Flacco and Rice carving up the Panthers D.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. The Panthers have a D?

5-103 for Bush in just about a quarter of play!

receiving

Really thinking even in non-PPR he should be taken in 2nd round. His TDs won't be there but he will combine for over 100 yards every game.

Really thinking even in non-PPR he should be taken in 2nd round. His TDs won't be there but he will combine for over 100 yards every game.

pissed off myself, yesterday in ppr 3rd round, I was deciding between him and Chris Johnson, I already had Calvin so I didnt want 2 lions....we shall see

Patriots offense looks TERRIBLE

4 turnovers in a quarter and a half???

WTF

4 turnovers in the first 20 minutes of the game. Is this really the Patriots playing?

Anyone seen Torrey smith this game? He's been a ghost

I think that's pretty normal for him. He gets is points in chunks which is why I never rank him as high as others.

Pierce getting a lot of carries.

Noticed that too. Maybe seeing how he will play with first team offense when rice needs a breather or gets hurt? I dunno rice is too good to not give him the carries. But pierce is good too. It'll be a mystery as to what will happen

Pierce is worth a handcuff to Rice.

Yes he is. I am torn on whether or not I should draft rice because of this Pierce problem.

Ive had 3 drafts and he's on every squad of mine.

Meh, I think Pierce played with the first team a bit during the 3rd preseason game last year too, which had people a little worried about Rice. I wouldn't worry this year either.

Meh, I think Pierce played with the first team a bit during the 3rd preseason game last year too, which had people a little worried about Rice. I wouldn't worry this year either.

You should worry about how much Pierce was used after Caldwell took over not the preseason from last year. Its a time share, maybe it's not full blown RBBC but its gonna be way too much for a 1st/2nd rounder to lose

You should worry about how much Pierce was used after Caldwell took over not the preseason from last year. Its a time share, maybe it's not full blown RBBC but its gonna be way too much for a 1st/2nd rounder to lose

Perhaps I should be, but I'm not. We can agree to disagree. That's fine.

I'm hoping the guys ahead of me feel nostalgic about Rice and make the decision for me.

It's a timeshare don't disagree. That said Charles and Foster have both had elite fantasy seasons recently while in one. I don't think it automatically dooms him.

I'm kind of more concerned about the Ravens offense in general limiting him.

It's a timeshare don't disagree. That said Charles and Foster have both had elite fantasy seasons recently while in one. I don't think it automatically dooms him.

Dunno. If pierce can't hold on to the ball it might not be as big a time share as you think

I just feel there is a concerted effort to limit his carries. No matter how effective.

Dunno. If pierce can't hold on to the ball it might not be as big a time share as you think

You mean like Rice in the playoffs last year?

You mean like Rice in the playoffs last year?

It's different when you're trying to win the starting job and when you have the starting job by far

They were in very run heavy offenses. This doesn't look to be crazy run heavy.