Sign in to follow this  
Natetradomus

Heywerd Bey and TY Hilton

Bey getting lot of action I've notice. Are Hilton owners worried? I don't think he even starts now, looks like he is in the slot.

I'm not understanding the Hilton love and DHB hate. I know Ty's numbers from last year, and how everyone thinks DHB is trash. But the Colts are using a 2 TE set, and Hilton will only see the field on 3 WR sets. This isn't the same offence as last year. While I'm sure TY will have some good games, it just doesn't seem like he'll have the opportunity to live up to the hype.

On the other hand, DHB is on the field every play, and is playing with the best QB he's ever had. The coaches obviously like him enough to make him a starter, and Wayne declined in the 2nd half of last year. I'm not saying DHB is a top 10 WR, but some people treat him as undraftable while elevating TY to every-week starter. I think allot of people are going to be disappointed.

DHB is just not that good. I have drafted him before. Palmer was slinging the ball all over the place and DHB couldnt get off. D. Moore,Streater and even Myers the TE we putting up better stats. The ship has sailed.

Bey getting lot of action I've notice. Are Hilton owners worried? I don't think he even starts now, looks like he is in the slot.

I don't get the concern here. There have been plenty of good slot receivers in the nfl that have also produced good fantasy stats. Why is this a problem for Hilton? He showed he can produce at a high level as a rook, I don't think it all disappears just because he is in the slot.

Wait until DHB runs the wrong route and Luck gets pick sixed. Hilton will be the starter after the second week.

Hilton only lined up once last year in a 2WR set. Avery was the starting #2 WR. So he's currently just playing the exact same role he did last year.

So while I agree his chances are sort of limited..........I think it's almost to his benefit since he's on the small side and may not hold up playing all the time. He's shown to be a playmaker. When he is on the field they sure seem to be trying to feature him a lot and he keeps making big plays. No reason to think he can't match last year's output. And if /when DHB goes back to dropping balls Hilton could start seeing some time as the WR2 as well furthering his chances.

A no doubt great WR3 on the year with good chance at being even better if Luck continues improving.

DHB will continue to play in 2 WR sets b/c he's 6'2 215 and Hilton is tiny at 5'9 180ish. The coaches don't trust Hilton to block anyone. I think I read that the Colts are going to try and run the ball more this year.

The irony in all this is that DHB is opening the season against his former team. I wouldn't be surprised to see him score. Hilton too for that matter. I own TY in one league and DHB in another. Both looking like decent WR3"s right now IMO.

will i still like hilton . but i like has a low 3 or a high 4 wr spot .

I don't get the concern here. There have been plenty of good slot receivers in the nfl that have also produced good fantasy stats. Why is this a problem for Hilton? He showed he can produce at a high level as a rook, I don't think it all disappears just because he is in the slot.

The concern is that the colts base formation will not be a 3-wide look. It will be a 2 TE set. If TY is really only the slot WR this limits the number of plays he is on the field. I don't beleive the colts are foolish enough to not utilize Hilton, but it is a concern it DHB hangs on to the WR 2 position.

I did devalue Hilton slightly due to this but I feel he's being slightly overdrafted anyway as he's was pretty up and down last year depending on if he caught a deep pass or not in a particular game.

Just a head's up. Everyone keeps saying Hilton is playing the slot. That's not accurate. In 3 wide receiver sets, Wayne moves to the slot and Hilton plays outside. This is FFtoday, fellas. We're better than this.

• Like 1

Everyone seems to be forgetting how inconsistent Hilton was last year. He was in a similar situation with Avery being the #2 WR and HIlton working out of the slot... it seemed like they would take turns having breakout games... why would it be any different this year? I see him putting up great year end stats, but from week to week i think that it will be a role of the dice... some weeks it will be for TY... other weeks for DHB

Hilton should feel pissed off for even being compared to dhb. DHB has hands of stone

Just a head's up. Everyone keeps saying Hilton is playing the slot. That's not accurate. In 3 wide receiver sets, Wayne moves to the slot and Hilton plays outside. This is FFtoday, fellas. We're better than this.

my bad :cry:

Hilton only lined up once last year in a 2WR set. Avery was the starting #2 WR. So he's currently just playing the exact same role he did last year.

So while I agree his chances are sort of limited..........I think it's almost to his benefit since he's on the small side and may not hold up playing all the time. He's shown to be a playmaker. When he is on the field they sure seem to be trying to feature him a lot and he keeps making big plays. No reason to think he can't match last year's output. And if /when DHB goes back to dropping balls Hilton could start seeing some time as the WR2 as well furthering his chances.

A no doubt great WR3 on the year with good chance at being even better if Luck continues improving.

This is a good point . His up and down game logs from last year do concern me though. Could see a similar situation.

Everyone seems to be forgetting how inconsistent Hilton was last year. He was in a similar situation with Avery being the #2 WR and HIlton working out of the slot... it seemed like they would take turns having breakout games... why would it be any different this year? I see him putting up great year end stats, but from week to week i think that it will be a role of the dice... some weeks it will be for TY... other weeks for DHB

Because he was a rookie....

DHB will continue to play in 2 WR sets b/c he's 6'2 215 and Hilton is tiny at 5'9 180ish. The coaches don't trust Hilton to block anyone. I think I read that the Colts are going to try and run the ball more this year.

Holy eff balls, why do people keep bringing this up? I read in some fifty word blurb that someone heard the Colts were going to run more. Have you seen their run game this preseason?

Why would the Colts run the ball more when their best play makers are the QB and receivers?

If they are stupid enough to hand the ball off to a RB staring at a wall of defenders, one who isn't good enough to make most NFL rosters, then all the Colt's players are doomed.

Because he was a rookie....

yet he is still in the same position this year, albeit it with a little more experience... and frankly, most of the games where he 'blew up' were games that avery missed. I agree with everyone here that TY is more talented than DHB, but he needs to get on the field more to make a difference. I don't know if it's because he's undersized or what...

when i see hilton i see an undersized homerun threat who won't get you redzone targets... maybe i'm missing the boat, but i'm not willing to sit through a lot of 3 catch games to chase the weeks that he goes off.

yet he is still in the same position this year, albeit it with a little more experience... and frankly, most of the games where he 'blew up' were games that avery missed.

Hmm? Avery played all 16 last year. He didn't get a catch in week 16, but he played every game.

Hmm? Avery played all 16 last year. He didn't get a catch in week 16, but he played every game.

He was knocked out in the 1st quarter against the Pats last year(concussion), and missed most of the game the following week. He also left last game against houston early in the first... might have been first series with an ankle

I heard about the reasoning for keeping DHB in as WR2 and jumped in, just spent an 11th rounder on DHB. I left Broyles on the shelf to get him. He comes with his own question marks. I'm neither an Indy fan nor do I have TY in any leagues so he can go pound sand as far as I'm concerned. DHB looks to be where the action is and could be a steal for an 11th rounder so long as he holds off TY which seems to be the case.

I've dropped Hilton several places in my rankings behind people like Decker and Josh Gordon. If i were to draft some really solid WR1,2 and 3, then I may consider going further down the list and taking Thompkins as my #4 ahead of Hilton because of his upside.

I agree with the above. DHB could be the steal now. TY always felt a little over hyped, and a little pricey for what you were getting.

IMO, other than possible contractural reasons (say getting a bonus oif named wr2 or higher) I see no reason to be concerned how a team announces its depth chart. IMO, it is totally meaningless.

Often Often I have ignored the team depth chart or the depth chart of popular opinion where it comes to which wr should be drafted.

For example, in the running game. There are the Starting RB and the 3rd and the Goal line guy. It can be that the named starter has less value than the goal line guy. Do you ignore this and draft the name starter first?

I think not.

Given, I would rather have TY at the appropriate value. Challenge, what is that?

Holy eff balls, why do people keep bringing this up? I read in some fifty word blurb that someone heard the Colts were going to run more. Have you seen their run game this preseason?

Why would the Colts run the ball more when their best play makers are the QB and receivers?

If they are stupid enough to hand the ball off to a RB staring at a wall of defenders, one who isn't good enough to make most NFL rosters, then all the Colt's players are doomed.

Because they need to take the pressure of Luck, especially from the pass rush and keep the defense off the field. I too agree that they will try to run the ball more. That is part of the reason they picked up Bradshaw.

With a running game, those "best play makers" at QB and WR become even better.

And finally, look at the Lions W-L record last year with a record for pass attempts.

No doubt, Bey hurts Ty. I'm not sure why Ty is not more appreciated by Colts. He is a TD maker.

^^^ Same here. I have Thompkins, Sidney Rice and Gordon ahead of him.

Did you just quote yourself not realizing you made the quotable comment? :doh:

Did you just quote yourself not realizing you made the quotable comment? :doh:

:lol:

Well as a member of the "Been Burned by DHB Before" club, I went and drafted him tonight in a league with really deep rosters. 7th WR on my roster, next to last pick. The pickings were slim and it was better than taking people like Donny Avery or Ronnie Brown. :shocking: