Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Andre Brown fractures leg

Andre Brown suffered a fractured left leg in the Giants' preseason finale Thursday night.

It's the same leg Brown fractured last season. It's a significant blow to the Giants' backfield depth, as the team will now likely be forced to keep rookie Michael Cox and kickoff return-type Da'Rel Scott as the backups to David Wilson. Wilson's fantasy value soars in the process, however. He's now likely to open the season as a true-every down back with no threat for passing-down or goal-line work. The Giants may strongly consider making Brown their injured reserve/designated for return player. But at the very least he's going to miss a huge chunk of the season.

David Wilson owners rejoice! Your draft pick is now fantasy gold with goal line carries!

Passed on him for a better keeper, but could of had him for a 8th. Wish I had a do over.

This puts him after CJ but before Murray and that group? What do y'all think?

Yea I drafted Wilson in one league and have Andre brown in another. However brown was my 4th RB in the other league so I'm not too hurt. But Wilson in my other league as my rb3 is golden

Woah so glad my draft was last night and not tonight is all I have to say. Got Wilson in the 3rd round. I was expecting him to be the Chris Johnson of the NFC from a few years back. Get tons of yards, break off huge plays, catch a lot of dump offs but lose the goal line carries to Brown (Lenwhale White). That was my ONLY concern with Wilson this season and it's now gone. Now the only concern is the same concern for every player in football, injury.

Would love to see Wilson's ADP rise if this injury happened, say, 2 weeks ago. This is huge news for Wilson owners.

Any guess to Wilsons new value? Who u got him over and under? im thinking right above cj0k and right below Forte?

Any guess to Wilsons new value? Who u got him over and under?

Believe it or not I got him in round 5. NO ONE in my work league wanted to take a risk on him since Brown was gonna get goal line carries. I was skeptic as well but 5th round was waaaay too good of value to not pick him up. Now he will most likely be going in round 2 with some people possibly taking him in round1

Any guess to Wilsons new value? Who u got him over and under?

i move him ahead of Ridley, Demarco Murray, and that group. Right about even with MJD and SJackson

No way Giants go into the season without another back....They'll sign a veteran back-up....who's out there???

I would love to draft from the 3-5 spot now for my big draft on Sunday! I still think I could go Martin - Marshall - Wilson or something like that. Top 3 RB, top 5 WR, and another RB who just got a boost.

No way Giants go into the season without another back....They'll sign a veteran back-up....who's out there???

Tiki Barber. :ninja:

No one good enough to do anything except give Wilson a breather after one of his many long 20+ yard runs

No one good enough to do anything except give Wilson a breather after one of his many long 20+ yard runs

Fact is wilson is weak at pass-protecting....unless they want Eli dead they'll have to find a replacement... They'll probably wait to see if a veteran gets cut saturday, or make a minor trade... Michael Turner no chance, he can't catch.

Fact is wilson is weak at pass-protecting....unless they want Eli dead they'll have to find a replacement... They'll probably wait to see if a veteran gets cut saturday, or make a minor trade... Michael Turner no chance, he can't catch.

From all the reports coming from camp Wilson has gotten better at pass protection. He might not be the best guy at pass protection but he's come a long way from what everyone is saying. I think the giants will put more pressure on him to step up his pass protection and will work with him even more now that their security blanket for pass pro is gone but I still thin Wilson will stay in every down now

From all the reports coming from camp Wilson has gotten better at pass protection. He might not be the best guy at pass protection but he's come a long way from what everyone is saying. I think the giants will put more pressure on him to step up his pass protection and will work with him even more now that their security blanket for pass pro is gone but I still thin Wilson will stay in every down now

So they were cool with him sucking at pass protecting before, but now will REALLY ask him to do better with a week left. Got it. We'll see how excited Eli is throwing from his back.

I'm sure he's better, but they still need RB depth no matter what.

So they were cool with him sucking at pass protecting before, but now will REALLY ask him to do better with a week left. Got it. We'll see how excited Eli is throwing from his back.

Look back on what I said. Did I say anywhere that he sucked? No. I said he has improved a lot from last year. Now that he is the main back they will be putting even more pressure on him to improve further since they no longer have brown. Try to read first before trying to sound like you know everything

Things just seem to keep going in my favor this preseason. We drafted almost two weeks ago.

Luck looks he's going to have a great season, Forte is predicted to dominate, I was able to pick up Thompkins as a FA the week after our draft to back up Amendola, etc.

I thought I was pretty weak at TE with Bennett, but if B. Marshall misses time, I might luck out. And now this. I hate to see anyone get hurt, but as a Wilson owner I can't say I'm upset about it.

If CJ gets his mojo back and Welker doesn't suck the life out of Decker, I should kick ass this season. This is the best I've felt about my team in years.

Look back on what I said. Did I say anywhere that he sucked? No. I said he has improved a lot from last year. Now that he is the main back they will be putting even more pressure on him to improve further since they no longer have brown. Try to read first before trying to sound like you know everything

So they didn't want to pressure him before because he was 1/2 of a tandem. Got it. I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Coach: Hey Wilson, you're getting Eli killed, but that's cool cause you're not as bad as last year.

Wilson: Thanks coach. I interpret Eli calling me a mother###### after he got drilled as a term of endearment.

Coach: Well, Andre is down so you're it. I hereby anoint you a better pass protector as opposed to the mediocrity you provided in that aspect before. Also, you need to really do better, before we didn't care if you got him killed, but we figured out we kind of need him.

Wilson: Thanks coach. I'll put on my +7 pass protecting shoes with my strength cloak and will suddenly be good at it. No worries.

So they didn't want to pressure him before because he was 1/2 of a tandem. Got it. I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Coach: Hey Wilson, you're getting Eli killed, but that's cool cause you're not as bad as last year.

Wilson: Thanks coach. I interpret Eli calling me a mother###### after he got drilled as a term of endearment.

Coach: Well, Andre is down so you're it. I hereby anoint you a better pass protector as opposed to the mediocrity you provided in that aspect before. Also, you need to really do better, before we didn't care if you got him killed, but we figured out we kind of need him.

Wilson: Thanks coach. I'll put on my +7 pass protecting shoes with my strength cloak and will suddenly be good at it. No worries.

Yet again you make yourself look retarded. It's ok though everyone here will just overlook your opinions as in informative dribble

Things just seem to keep going in my favor this preseason. We drafted almost two weeks ago.

Luck looks he's going to have a great season, Forte is predicted to dominate, I was able to pick up Thompkins as a FA the week after our draft to back up Amendola, etc.

I thought I was pretty weak at TE with Bennett, but if B. Marshall misses time, I might luck out. And now this. I hate to see anyone get hurt, but as a Wilson owner I can't say I'm upset about it.

If CJ gets his mojo back and Welker doesn't suck the life out of Decker, I should kick ass this season. This is the best I've felt about my team in years.

I'm actually considering of picking up Thompkins just for the upside. He's currently undrafted in my league and I don't normally have more than 4 wrs on my team just cause I normally only rotate 3 with the 4th as my back up in case the 3rd wr I rotate in gets injured. But I like his upside so I'm thinking of snagging him then once he starts doing good trade him and a RB away for an upgrade at rb

Yet again you make yourself look retarded. It's ok though everyone here will just overlook your opinions as in informative dribble

It doesn't matter how you dribble as long as you do it informatively! Got it on lock! I'm going to give you a free pass to my fantasy football service for this season. You're welcome. You may PM me with any question for the year related to fantasy football. No need to thank me until you have won your league. Be sure to tell your friends!

FA RB's per roto, aug 18th.

Willis McGahee

Beanie Wells

Cedric Benson

Kevin Smith

Michael Turner

Brandon Jacobs

Javon Ringer

Tim Hightower

D.J. Ware

Chris Rainey

Ryan Grant

Steve Slaton

Thomas Jones

Joseph Addai

Mewelde Moore

Cadillac Williams

William Powell

Jamie Harper

Stefan Logan

Jerome Harrison

Darren Evans

Kregg Lumpkin

FA RB's per roto, aug 18th.

Willis McGahee

Beanie Wells

Cedric Benson

Kevin Smith

Michael Turner

Brandon Jacobs

Javon Ringer

Tim Hightower

D.J. Ware

Chris Rainey

Ryan Grant

Steve Slaton

Thomas Jones

Joseph Addai

Mewelde Moore

Cadillac Williams

William Powell

Jamie Harper

Stefan Logan

Jerome Harrison

Darren Evans

Kregg Lumpkin

Out of all those I like McGhee the best even though he's getting up there in age. Still he's good at pass pro and can run the ball somewhat decent

***Update***

@RVacchianoNYDN: Andre Brown said "It's not that bad of a break. Just a tiny crack. ... Not that serious. ... No surgery." # NYG

@RVacchianoNYDN: Coughlin does not think Andre Brown's injury is season ending. But he adds he hasn't gotten a full report yet.