Sign in to follow this  
thesitedoc

Josh Gordon

Haven't heard much chatter on him but he will be there #1, has good size at 6'3" and Norv Turner is actually a pretty good OC despite his lack of success as a HC.

Is he a viable sleeper? He had 50/806/5 last year as a rookie and after he serves his 2 game suspension could be a good value.

Trent should garner a lot of attention from the defenses leaving Gordon hopefully in man coverage.

I suspect Cleveland will be better this year given the coaching and the D should help to keep their games competitive.

It's only 2 games and he is a stud! I could easily see 75+ rec 1000+ yards & 8-10 TDs

Remember, it is actually year 2 that WRs breakout, not year 3 as so many people wrongly state! By year 3, the writing is already on the wall and you will have to pay a premium!

great value at his ADP. Whether he lives up to that is anyone's guess but I think he pays dividends. Bottom line is, he's great value. Dudes were taking the likes of lance moore and vincent brown when I snatched him up. Don't get me wrong, I think Vincent Brown is udnervalued as well, but at that stage of the draft, grabbing a sleeper like gordon is far more valuable than going for dudes that are likely to be middle of the road players with slight upside...

Let's see what happens starting week 3...

Dude is right there with Cecil Shorts and Chris Givens.

I rather have the later two than Josh Gordan.

Cecil Shorts maybe but not Chris Givens. How many balls do people expect Bradford to play with in order to spread out targets between Cook, Givens, and Austin? Gordon is going to be the guy and he is a perfect fit for an offense that wants to get the ball down field. Not only is Gordon a threat to score from anywhere on the field but he is also a big target in the redzone.

I picked Gordon up in all 3 leagues; definitely reached for him in the drafts and paid $8 for him in a $14 team auction. Counting on him to be WR2 at least. Think he'll do it without too much trouble.

I took him last night in round 8. I could have probably waited, but I really wanted to own him in a league, and I didn't have him before that. My team was already strong, so I took him. I always look for players that I think will help me come fantasy playoff time, and I think he's one.

I got him in both of my leagues. He's really talented and is the Browns' #1 WR by a large margin, and Weeden looks good.

I like him, and I got him in round 9 of the 12 team league that I just drafted. I ended up with Lance Moore one round later (mainly to back up my 1st WR: Colston).

Haven't heard much chatter on him but he will be there #1, has good size at 6'3" and Norv Turner is actually a pretty good OC despite his lack of success as a HC.

Is he a viable sleeper? He had 50/806/5 last year as a rookie and after he serves his 2 game suspension could be a good value.

Trent should garner a lot of attention from the defenses leaving Gordon hopefully in man coverage.

I suspect Cleveland will be better this year given the coaching and the D should help to keep their games competitive.

amen . i think weeden has looked good in preseason and i do think its with norv there to help him .i like gordon

Gordon will be a 3rd round pick in 2014, right after the top WR's are taken. If you watched him in the preseason, he was unreal. His numbers didn't tell the whole story. He was open on most every play and no corner is going to outfight him for the ball. I think he's a top ten guy in 2014 and a MUST own for all dynasty players. Get him now while he's suspended and you will be getting the bargain of a lifetime.

The only issue with Gordon is his immaturity. One more suspension and he's done for a year, or possibly for good. I won't rag on him for that as if I made hundreds of thousands when I was only 22, I don't think I would have been mature enough to handle it either. The guy has every bit as much talent as Dez Bryant. If you don't believe that, watch the kid play. It took Dez a while to get his sh*t together and Gordon is no different.

Gordon has a very real chance to be a top-10 WR this year in terms of scoring average. He's being woefully undervalued because 1) he plays for Cleveland, and 2) the suspension.

Congrats to you if you snagged him in the late rounds. You got yourself a borderline WR1.

WR1 is a little absurd. He's suspended two games and, yes, plays for the Browns with the rich-man's Chris Weinke (Weeden)* throwing him the ball. I'm very high on the guy as a late-round bargain but honestly I think being a high-end WR2 is his ceiling.

* Credit to Grantland

WR1 is a little absurd. He's suspended two games and, yes, plays for the Browns with the rich-man's Chris Weinke (Weeden)* throwing him the ball. I'm very high on the guy as a late-round bargain but honestly I think being a high-end WR2 is his ceiling.

* Credit to Grantland

I'm thinking something along the lines of 1,100 and 7-8 TDs is possible, which would make him a low end 2 and a fantastic value for his draft spot.

* Credit to Grantland

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. You say "high end WR2", I say "borderline WR1". That's the same thing. Regardless, it's way bigger production than where he is being ranked.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. You say "high end WR2", I say "borderline WR1". That's the same thing. Regardless, it's way bigger production than where he is being ranked.

WR2, uhh, no.

I bought in the 14th round and Gordan has WR2 potential.

he had two games last year that he had less than 7 yards receiving and still put up 800/5...in 14 games in norv's system and an improved weeden, he can definitely be in line for 1000/7 type of year

I think the Browns will have a few players that will be fantasy relivent this year:

TRich

Gordon

Cameron

D

BTW - I think its very possible for Gordon to finish in the 1000 -1100 7/8 area.

I have him stashed poised to take my wr3 spot from mike Wallace once he returns from his suspension.

I like Gordon. The only comparison that comes to mind numbers wise is that even only eligible for 14 games this season, hes in a similar spot team talent wise with a better QB than, and could emulate what Cecil Shorts did last year for Jacksonville, with a potential higher upside even with those games missed. Maybe.

This confession has meant nothing.

The only player I have in all 5 leagues I'm in. Love him like he was my own :wub: