Sign in to follow this  
browns16-0

Kenbrell Thompkins

How do you thing he is going to do tomorrow? I haven't seen him play, only have heard positive things though. With Dobson and Gronk ruled out and Amendola may not be at full strength, does this make Thompkins a must start? I have benched Ryan Mathews at the flex for Thompkins in a ppr league at the moment, but having never seen this guy play I am more than a bit weary.

I live in New England, though I am a Niners fan, and have seen all of the Pats preseason games. Thompkins is not particularly big or fast. He has above average hands, has made some good catches. What has caught the eye of everyone up here is the route running ability. He is VERY good at running routes, has been setting up the DB's with minor shoulder shakes and misdirection. Third game of the preseason I saw him gain 3 yards of space from a simple shoulder shrug that he took advantage of on an out cut for an easy completion. Brady hasn't had a route runner like this. Brady digs cerebral players, he is digging Kenbrell right now. The running backs in New England are going to be the bell cow this weekend, but Thompkins will get his. I'm predicting epic breakout this year for him. All in on Thompkins! I was only able to get him in one of my two leagues, and I'm starting him over Mike Wallace... And feel great about it.

Wary.

I wouldn't start Thompkins til we see what he can do in the regular season.

And Amendola will be a full go.

• Like 1

Wary.

This. I have him in one league but am not starting him until I see at least one game from him

Wary.

You sir, will not be allowed admittance to the Kenbrell Thompkins bandwagon! Lol I understand. Change... Evolution... It's hard. Lol

You sir, will not be allowed admittance to the Kenbrell Thompkins bandwagon! Lol I understand. Change... Evolution... It's hard. Lol

If he has a nice game this weekend, I'm on board. But most people drafted him as their WR4, so I don't see why he'd move in to your starting lineup week 1. You took three or so WRs ahead of him, didn't you?

Didn't even draft him! My draft was held in the first preseason game week. Picked him off the waiver wire. He went undrafted in both my leagues because they were both held that first preseason week. I don't care about draft position. I put in the people I think are going to do the best. Not the ones I drafted first. Things change... Gotta change with it!

Benched Steve smith and f Austin for him. Considering putting in sustin w hopes they w been vanilla w their off. I drafted Gordon and Blackmon and don't feel confident w smith against sea def.

Rookie WR. His ceiling is Brandon Lloyd's numbers from last year (900 yds, 4 TD), and that would be a fantastic rookie year. No outside receiver not named Moss has ever had a big year with Brady. An undrafted rookie is going to change that? Believe it when I see it.

i'm debating starting him over Stevie in a league... but i doubt i'll pull the trigger... too many ?s for this game... i could see the pats getting up big early and barely throwing the enitre 2nd half... i have a feeling a lot of people will be talking about vereen and blount after the game...

He's my #4, behind Jordy Nelson #3. Can't bench Jordy for him, at least not yet with all the Factors here and McCarthy saying Jordy is back.

If you're starting him, who was your #3 ?

Julian Edelman, I drafted in all ppr leagues. He will have at least 6 receptions today and probably 90 for the year. Not sure how he wasn't on anyone's radar and even remained undrafted in most. By week 3 he will be on a team...get him now.

Julian Edelman, I drafted in all ppr leagues. He will have at least 6 receptions today and probably 90 for the year. Not sure how he wasn't on anyone's radar and even remained undrafted in most. By week 3 he will be on a team...get him now.

Can't stay healthy, isn't that good.

He was a free agent this off-season and nobody wanted him. Should tell you something right there

Because thompkins has the X position locked down gronk will be back soon and amendola is healthy for the moment. Thompkins can play all 3 wr positions which makes him a swiss army knife of a wr and he runs superb routes. Edelman is a bench player right now stealing a few snaps here and there waiting for amendolas eventual injury.

Nope. Won't be following this advice at all. There's a reason Edelman is where he is on the depth chart. Will always be a spotty player. If it weren't for the NE system, he probably wouldn't be in the league.

Pass

Have him going in 2/3 leagues. I should have picked him up in the third but I wanted a bit of diversity and thought Dobson would be the guy. With Roddy White dealing with injury I'm activating Thompkins over him. In another league have him going over Greg Jennings. My third league I would have him going but like I said I don't have him, so I gave Givens the start this week.

If you have Thompkins, you should be please. He should be WR3 at least. If you only play with 2 WRs then he may not be as useful. If you play with 3 WR he should be a good advantage, any team that actually has 3 viable drafted WRs is going to be weak at one of the other slots, so in a 3WR format you pretty much always need to find some 3WR or rotate them throughout the year.

• Like 1

I live in New England, though I am a Niners fan, and have seen all of the Pats preseason games. Thompkins is not particularly big or fast. He has above average hands, has made some good catches. What has caught the eye of everyone up here is the route running ability. He is VERY good at running routes, has been setting up the DB's with minor shoulder shakes and misdirection. Third game of the preseason I saw him gain 3 yards of space from a simple shoulder shrug that he took advantage of on an out cut for an easy completion. Brady hasn't had a route runner like this. Brady digs cerebral players, he is digging Kenbrell right now. The running backs in New England are going to be the bell cow this weekend, but Thompkins will get his. I'm predicting epic breakout this year for him. All in on Thompkins! I was only able to get him in one of my two leagues, and I'm starting him over Mike Wallace... And feel great about it.

THIS ^^^^

Thompkins runs precise routes and has sure hands. BONUS: Brady throwing to him...

Edelman will be the man to step up in Welker's place, I expect this guy to be awesome this year. He also returns punts if your league awards that. He only played in a few games last year before going down to injury but it was a beautiful few games.

Another Bonus:

Aaron Dobson is out today.

Edelman will be the man to step up in Welker's place, I expect this guy to be awesome this year. He also returns punts if your league awards that. He only played in a few games last year before going down to injury but it was a beautiful few games.

Edelmans only a value to if Amendola gets hurt IMO.

amendola is the new slut wr and will be the one to take welkers place in the O.

I hear he gets around!

he is good at being a slut....only problem is all those big guys pound him too hard he gets sand in his mangina and breaks.

Touchdown Julian Edelman

Your welcome, although now it will be too late to grab him unless you have a high waiver wire. I suspect another TD before this game is over.

Your welcome, although now it will be too late to grab him unless you have a high waiver wire. I suspect another TD before this game is over.

What else does that crystal ball of yours say? :shocking:

Touchdown Julian Edelman

Julian Edelman.....two touchdowns.....

Thompkins should have had 2 TDs this game. He made rookie mistakes, that's what rookies do.

Starting from next week on he will likely be a featured part of the offense. They're all easy correctable mistakes.

Thompkins should have had 2 TDs this game. He made rookie mistakes, that's what rookies do.

Starting from next week on he will likely be a featured part of the offense. They're all easy correctable mistakes.

On the money.

he will still be a rookie next week

hth

He may not get as many targets going forward with Gronk coming back and Dobson as well.

He's friggin BLOWING it today. 14 damn targets.