Sign in to follow this  
Turcaso

Starting Vick over Brees

I got a feeling on Philly and Vick this weekend......have him in the starting line up over Brees.......is that crazy?

I would start Vick over anyone but Brees and Rodgers, actually. I'm starting him over Matt Ryan, but that's an easy decision while Vick is healthy and the way he looked last week.

I love the Riverboat aggressiveness, separates the men from the boys. I'm going Vick until the tempo slows or his legs fall off. If I had Bree's though, I'd probably go Brees. I'm not sure any player has a more steady week-to-week upside.

Go get em Vick!

I think you never bench Drew Brees just as you don't bench Rodgers, Megatron and AP. Vick is injury insurance, bye week fill in, trade bait to solve a weakness at another position or a stash ( you are keeping him away from someone else

• Like 1

No way Vick over Brees or Kap. You are playing with fire. Vick is a 2nd quarter injury waiting to happen. Even if you have the highest of hopes for Vick his upside doesn't exceed Brees or Kap. For the chance at those extra points you could possibly lose a game because Vick comes up gimp do to his groin.

No way Vick over Brees or Kap. You are playing with fire. Vick is a 2nd quarter injury waiting to happen. Even if you have the highest of hopes for Vick his upside doesn't exceed Brees or Kap. For the chance at those extra points you could possibly lose a game because Vick comes up gimp do to his groin.

This. Did you watch the second half?

If Vick would learn to slide, he would be so much more valuable. I'm starting him over Stafford. I wouldn't dream of starting him over Brees, Rodgers, Manning, or Kap. Its a lot of risk for a very small reward.

I've never seen so many assumptions about a player getting injured as I do with Vick. A lot of people are going to sh!t if he plays the whole year, or even 14-15 games.

I've never seen so many assumptions about a player getting injured as I do with Vick. A lot of people are going to sh!t if he plays the whole year, or even 14-15 games.

And when was the last time he did that?

Its not an accident that he gets hurt. Unlike people like Cam, he is thin and frail, and yet still takes chances.

It is the combination of him getting hurt every year because he doesn't slide, and the Chip Kelly offense which seems to put him in position to block and otherwise expose himself. IMO it is when, not if, he gets hurt.

Lol. 14-15 games? And why not 16? Are you making an assumption?

I do like Philly this week though. I picked them in my Survivor pool, which means they'll probably lay an egg. :(

I do like Philly this week though. I picked them in my Survivor pool, which means they'll probably lay an egg. :(

FOCK YOU, then pick the seacacks!!!!!

And when was the last time he did that?

Its not an accident that he gets hurt. Unlike people like Cam, he is thin and frail, and yet still takes chances.

When was the last time he played in an offense or behind an offense line where he wasn't getting whacked every other time he dropped back? It seems like, with the Eagles at least, his injuries have resulted more from getting creamed in the pocket rather than from running around.

With Vick, I'm way more concerned about the blind side stuff and the late hits that guys seem to get away with against him rather than the hits he takes from scrambling or blocking where he can at least get low and protect himself.

When was the last time he played in an offense or behind an offense line where he wasn't getting whacked every other time he dropped back? It seems like, with the Eagles at least, his injuries have resulted more from getting creamed in the pocket rather than from running around.

With Vick, I'm way more concerned about the blind side stuff and the late hits that guys seem to get away with against him rather than the hits he takes from scrambling or blocking where he can at least get low and protect himself.

True. Another interesting perspective, is that Vick actually seems happy and appreciative to be in the situation he is in. His attitude has been greater than I've ever seen. I'd like to think that will carry over to great decision making and success. Chip Kelly needs to have him watch film on Kaep, and explain to him "Youre this important to our success, play smart and the sky's the limit". Vick is 1 season removed from being a 2-4th round draft pick in some formats, hopefully he'll recognize how money he is healthy and the great situation that lies in front of him.

Vick could be great ... but if I had him and another top QB (in a 1 QB league) then this seems like a great week to trade Vick.

Sure, he could edge Brees by 2 FP for the rest of year if the Chip Kelly train keeps on chugging. But his downside is so great, that if you can fill a huge need by trading him & keep starting Brees - why wouldn't you jump at that?

No I would never start anyone over Brees. Vick may be a good fit in the offense but still. It's Brees. He's a stud. You can't sit him. It would be one of the stupidest mistakes you would make. Never sit Brees he will always get you a decent amount of fantasy points. The way Vick plays he is always at risk for injury and if he does get injured there goes your fantasy week. Brees will always be consistent and can possibly put up some monster games. I believe last week was going to be the best week you'll see from Vick. Defense coordinators will learn to adjust their game plan against that offense. Plus from what I saw the offense and defense for the eagles looked extremely gased towards the end of the game. All those plays they ran were finally catching up to them. I see a similarity to the Houston oilers with the way the eagles are playing this year. Run down the field and score a lot of points quickly yet can still lose with the other team doing th same but grinding down their defense by running the ball a lot and wearing the defense down. Once they score the eagles come back on field and score quickly getting their defense right back out on the field. I like the speed of the offense however there are times when you need to slow it down and give your defense a break while also wearing the opposing teams defense down

Worked out this time......Brees and Payton not lighting it up yet.....

Another big outing from Vick and he's still in one piece. I can almost hear the gnashing to teeth from everyone who slept on Vick and are now silently yearning for him to get hurt.

I think I'll just keep going back for more until the well dries up.

This