Sign in to follow this  
mdbomb

++ Update: Jordan Todman? - MJD is Active

Anyone know anything about this guy? 2nd year player from UCONN, who missed all but 1 game last year to injury. Might get the oppurtunity if MJD misses any time. He had a pretty good pre-season 29/229/2 for 7+ YPC (Against scrubs i know, but still)

Deep leaguers is this guy on your radar at all?

I don't know much about Todman, but the timing of this MJD injury is very frustrating considering how well he's been playing and how good his matchups are the rest of the way. I'd say almost any RB is worth a play against the Bills.

• Like 1

I don't know much about Todman, but the timing of this MJD injury is very frustrating considering how well he's been playing and how good his matchups are the rest of the way. I'd say almost any RB is worth a play against the Bills.

Which brings up another point, people may not realize how well MJD has been doing lately, and then consider what a fresh pair of legs could do with that carry load.

Which brings up another point, people may not realize how well MJD has been doing lately, and then consider what a fresh pair of legs could do with that carry load.

If you tell me today that MJD is out and Todman gets 20 touches against that Bills defense, I play him with confidence. The Jags have found their running game in the last few weeks and you won't get a much tastier matchup than home against Buffalo.

If you tell me today that MJD is out and Todman gets 20 touches against that Bills defense, I play him with confidence. The Jags have found their running game in the last few weeks and you won't get a much tastier matchup than home against Buffalo.

If MJD is out, I'll play Todman over Andre Brown in my flex spot.

If MJD is out, I'll play Todman over Andre Brown in my flex spot.

I'm considering the exact same move. Maybe Chris O if Mcgahee is out

I would go with Todman over Chris O without a doubt. Jacksonville has been doing a pretty decent job of run blocking for MJD the last few weeks. They also run in the redzone. Over the last 6 weeks MJD has gone for 11, 13, 9, 20, 13, 15. Those are pretty solid numbers and he has had a few points vultured by Todman. You add in the Todman has fresh leagues and Denard Robinson doesn't look comfortable running the ball yet and you have a chance at a 20 touch RB, getting 3 downs of work, plus goal line, going against a bottom 10 rush D. That is the makings of an out of nowhere playoff lottery ticket.

Jordan Todman will be this generations Samkon Gado. Jump on the train now!

Todman looked good in preseason. Had a TD last week after MJD went out. I'm rolling with him once I hear MJD won't play.
Buffalo is a nice matchup also.

I agree.. but Chris O should be inline for a decent game as well. He's going against the Bears who've been a joke the last 6-7 weeks against the run.

I picked him up in my dynasty league a week or two ago in preparation for the offseason. This is a bonus as I'd like to get a good look at the guy myself although I won't be needing him in the playoffs. I've had my eye on him since his great preseason plus he's shown flashes all year. That, plus MJD is a FA this year who has had serious contract frustrations in dealing with Jags managment/ownership (talking about his extended holdout last year). The Jags have a dozen holes to address with their picks, if Todman holds his own, hopefully they prioritize something else.

• Like 1

I picked him up in my dynasty league a week or two ago in preparation for the offseason. This is a bonus as I'd like to get a good look at the guy myself although I won't be needing him in the playoffs. I've had my eye on him since his great preseason plus he's shown flashes all year. That, plus MJD is a FA this year who has had serious contract frustrations in dealing with Jags managment/ownership (talking about his extended holdout last year). The Jags have a dozen holes to address with their picks, if Todman holds his own, hopefully they prioritize something else.

Yea for you :clap: :overhead:

People in dynasty have mentioned him before.

From a Jag fan perspective, he does everything well. He probably has better hands then MJD. We are blocking as well as we have all year, have momentum going into this game, but, if Shorts can't play, the Bills will really focus on stopping the run. Just something to consider.

Is there any chance of a RBBC here? Or is a 3-down back? Also is he a decent PPR guy?

I literally know nothing about this guy.

Is there any chance of a RBBC here? Or is a 3-down back? Also is he a decent PPR guy?

I literally know nothing about this guy.

I would speculate he takes MJD's role and Denard Robinson will come in for relief, but Todman is the better 3rd down back as of now. In fact, he may see more work then MJD would since Robinson is still a work in progress. As far as PPR goes, the Jags have implemented more designed plays to the RB the last few weeks. I don't think it is crazy to expect 3 or 4 catches.

JT you care to predict his Week 15 numbers?

Ummm, I guess I'll take a stab at it. It looks like cecil short is game time decision. Assuming Shorts does not play (and even if he does, he isn't 100%), the Bills will focus all of their attention on Todman. I say his stats will read 18 carries, 70 yards, 3 catches for 24 yards and 1 TD either through air or ground. I don't see the Bills running away with the game and think Todman will earn every yard he gets, but since it'll be close, Jags will stick to the run. I think most would be pretty thrilled with that stat line. Also consider that I am a Jag fan so take it with a grain of salt.

From a Jag fan perspective, he does everything well. He probably has better hands then MJD. We are blocking as well as we have all year, have momentum going into this game, but, if Shorts can't play, the Bills will really focus on stopping the run. Just something to consider.

Glad to know there are Jaguar fans out there. I feel for you guys.

By the way, I picked up this kid just to make sure my opponent in the semis doesn't take him. He is not strong at RB and I do not want mjd declared out and then he picks him up at noon and then he goes off. I'd rather he go off on my bench.

Trying to decide between this cat and Pierre for my last spot in a fantasy bowl. Wouldn't really be thinking about it but Thomas sucked the last couple weeks.

Trying to decide between this cat and Pierre for my last spot in a fantasy bowl. Wouldn't really be thinking about it but Thomas sucked the last couple weeks.

Shouldn't you wait to see if mjd is starting first?

If MJD is inactive, I think you can pencil Todman in for 80-100 total yards and a TD. That's pretty much what Buffalo has been allowing to opposing starting RBs for the last month and a half. Factor in how well Jax has been running the ball recently, and now you've got the potential for a big game.

I'm thinking of rolling with Todman, but I keep hallucinating that thread tomorrow night--"Anybody else get burned by Todman?"--after he gets 4 carries to Denard's 21. I'd like reassurance from a Jaguars homer that this won't happen.

Glad to know there are Jaguar fans out there. I feel for you guys.

Haha, we get a bad rap, but Jag fans have supported this team pretty well the last few years and have shown up even though our team has sucked. I'll be there tomorrow rooting on our 4th win in a row (if that happens, will be first time in 6 years).

I'm thinking of rolling with Todman, but I keep hallucinating that thread tomorrow night--"Anybody else get burned by Todman?"--after he gets 4 carries to Denard's 21. I'd like reassurance from a Jaguars homer that this won't happen.

I would be shocked if that happened. Denard is still a project. They have a lot more faith in Todman. I'm in the position of starting Todman over Andre Brown. I've been wrestling with it for 2 days now. I think I'm rolling Todman.

• Like 1

Would not start Todman over Joique or Gio.

Any thoughts on the impact of no Shorts will have on the run game?

Can Mike Brown pick up the slack?