Sign in to follow this  
Soju808

Trent Richardson is S@$T!

Okay, maybe this thread will fire him up.

Averaging under three yards a carry............

Cleveland was smart to trade him.

No excuses left for him.....

He wasnt even that great last year. People act like 1000yds is still a lot when it's only 60yds a game. If I told u ur rb would only get 60 yds a game would u draft him in rnd1? I need 1300 minimum to even register as an rb1, and that's just rush yards.

Time to face facts, he is a below average talent. There are only a handful of teams he would start for.

Richardson had 51 receptions last year to go along with his TDs and yardage. I knew when I drafted him the TD's might not be the same, but I certainly expected the receptions to remain or possibly increase.

And then.... he's traded to IND. Since then he's had a whopping 2 receptions. And that includes 1 tonight. Sadly, he was actually better off in CLE. Apparently he was all they had and they fed him the ball. I actually thought his value would increase after the trade, but turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. He'll probably finish with 1 or 2 decent games with some goal line TDs, but those consitent reception points are gone.

Im now 2-4 drafting richardson and spiller. They are both now headed to the bench (CJ has been there for 2 weeks). Keep sitting Geo Bernard waiting on these 2. Won't happen again

Richardson had 51 receptions last year to go along with his TDs and yardage. I knew when I drafted him the TD's might not be the same, but I certainly expected the receptions to remain or possibly increase.

And then.... he's traded to IND. Since then he's had a whopping 2 receptions. And that includes 1 tonight. Sadly, he was actually better off in CLE. Apparently he was all they had and they fed him the ball. I actually thought his value would increase after the trade, but turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. He'll probably finish with 1 or 2 decent games with some goal line TDs, but those consitent reception points are gone.

I'm flummoxed as well. Started him over Ridley (part of my awesome triumvirate of keepers along with Morris :cry: ). He's just not startable other than a bye week fill in at this point where you hope he falls forward into the end zone. :(

The puzzling this is, he looks great when you watch the tape. Maybe he's not breaking off huge runs, but he's definitely a more than capable back. Just isn't really being utilized at all this year--Cleveland or Indy. He can shed tacklers, but he's still only getting minimal carries.

The puzzling this is, he looks great when you watch the tape. Maybe he's not breaking off huge runs, but he's definitely a more than capable back. Just isn't really being utilized at all this year--Cleveland or Indy. He can shed tacklers, but he's still only getting minimal carries.

I thought the same, until I watched a little more closely tonight. All I saw was a guy that starts off slow, then frequently runs into the back of his own offensive lineman. Brown looks to be much more explosive and much better at picking the hole and hitting it.

Indy didn't trade a first round pick with the intention of not using him. If he could get it done they'd be giving him the rock all day

My prediction for TRich ROS: He focking sucks like he's been doing for the remainder of the regular season then explodes in the playoffs, just enough to make you wonder if he's worth a second round pick next season. He's a huge POS and one of the reasons my team is 2-3. Other noteworthy turds Spiller and L. Miller I would also like to punch in the face.

Time to face facts, he is a below average talent. There are only a handful of teams he would start for.

I disagree. I don't think there are any teams he could start for. He looked worse in Cleveland than McGahee. Powell is looking much better than him for the Jets. Mathews, Woodhead, Brown and the waterboy are faster to the hole than him in San Diego. Arizona wouldn't need him as Mendenhall can gimp to the huddle faster than TRich can go from 0 to 3 yards. The Giants found an old, fat, seriously out of shape RB who did in one game what TRich hasn't done all season. Call me skeptical, but I don't think he is a starter in this league and honestly am questioning his ability to be a backup. I was blown away he averaged a whopping 4 yards per carry last night. Did you see that run he had where he juked around the linebacker, then cut back inside for a huge gain? No? None of us saw it either. It will never happen. He has concrete for feet, a heart made of glass, and if he's on your team, you're kickin your own ass.

I drafted him with high hopes and have to say he sucks big time. He is slow and just another overrated ( Ingram ) Alabama prospect.

I just put out a trade for Chris Johnson. I was really hoping Trent would go off so I could do like Cleveland did and ship his ass! :mad:

I don't know how, but I somehow managed to move T-Rich and Ruben Randle for Aaron Rodgers last week. Had Kaep, so I needed some QB help. I was willing to let go of more just to get this guy off my team, but the owner jumped on the trade. I couldn't be happier to have this bust off my team.

I don't know how, but I somehow managed to move T-Rich and Ruben Randle for Aaron Rodgers last week. Had Kaep, so I needed some QB help. I was willing to let go of more just to get this guy off my team, but the owner jumped on the trade. I couldn't be happier to have this bust off my team.

awesome, thanks for sharing this insightful nugget!

PS: NO ONE FVCKING CARES!!!!

Luck sucks also , so overrated couldn't even take advantage of a pass D that was rated 27th. Wish I wouldn't of drafted him

Luck sucks also , so overrated couldn't even take advantage of a pass D that was rated 27th. Wish I wouldn't of drafted him

that game last night was painful to watch. Not sure I'll say he's overrated, because no one has yet annointed him the next tom brady, thankfully. He's a pretty damn solid qb for being in his 2nd year, I'll give him that, but yeah he doesn't look too special. That game last night was painful to watch. I think the other problem with them is they don't have a proper identity. They want to run, they want to throw, a mix of both, do they have the right personnel, etcetcetc. Seems there's some decent talent on the offensive side, they should be putting some points up. I haven't watched many of their games but if last night is the norm for them, good luck with that. They'll likely win the division but will be 1 and done in playoffs. The D is also not scaring anyone, though they seems to be a decent 'bend but don't break' type unit. Regardless, Trent is definitely not who we though he was. Or he's exactly who we though he was, depending on which side you stand on. Based on last year I thought he was a beast in the making. I don't think he's as bad as everyone makes him out to be either though. A bit of it is opportunity. THe colts' lack of direction in terms of who they want to be is likely playing into this as well. We'll see over the next few weeks, but as far as FF goes, he's practically useless. I'm benching him for deangelo next week. Yeah zero td deangelo with his vulture sidekick tolbert hogging all the glory. That's where trich stands in fantasy land right now. Sad stuff...

I don't think Luck is overrated at all. I think the new scheme seriously limits him. They want to pound the ball and pass when necessary. Throw in DHB dropping a sure TD, Fleener dropping a pass that would have kept a drive alive before halftime, and the Chargers doing a good job of keeping Wayne under wraps (outside of one play), and it really doesn't add up to "Luck's fault". With the speed this team has at WR, I'm not sure why they aren't airing it out more, but the HC did say before the season this isn't going to be the 2012 Colts. He's proven that correct so far.

Next week we'll see how overrated their defense really is. They've beaten up on some turnover prone teams. I doubt Peyton is going to cut them any slack and I'm hoping he hangs 5 or 6 TD's on them. The Colts only have 2 "average" Corners. That won't work against 5 solid receiving options. When the Colts have had to play against three WR sets this season, they haven't looked good. I'd love to see a stat on that, but it's something I noticed last night. They are lacking a Nickel Corner and the Safety play has been just average. A real passing team will eat them alive.

i could have kept Lynch this year but put him back in the pool and drafted t-rich, thinking at some point beastmode would break and trich would have many more receptions.

he's worthless and beastmode is not.

The lack of receptions is what kills me. His running is not great, but he looks he same as he did in Cleveland. Hope the passing downs and targets rise as he continues to get acclimated with the offense.

Every time I see Donald Brown on the field part of me dies.

I agree that he sucks right now. No doubt about that. But he did get only ten carries last night, and he ripped off one nice 15-yarder where he looked competent. The Colts offense as a whole was absolutely putrid in that game and couldn't move the ball at all. If they convert some more of those 3rd downs where they dropped passes, maybe they sustain some longer drives and he totes it 18-20 times. The volume just wasn't there last night. I think they had 13 running plays in the entire game. Not many backs are gonna put up decent numbers with 10 touches.

Luck is already one of the best QBs in the league and one fockin game doesn't change that. Brady only put up six points last week: is he garbage now too? :wacko:

He lacks initial 'burst'. If some folks can call Vick Ballard a plodder, then TRich runs like an aging cow.

Based on eye test, Ballard's play the past 2 season is far better...

Most would agree that D Brown look better over the past 3 games.

He still sucks...

Loved it when he came into the game against the Queefs, and promptly fumbled the ball. :lol:

• Like 1

Glad he wasn't on any of my teams this year. Although it never worked out, I was just as hot as everybody else for him going in and would have been thrilled to land him last August.

Despite TRs performance this year, I have a hard time believing that a 5'9" , 225lb, 22 yr old is already washed up and not worthy of RB1 considerations in next years drafts.

I can understand the hesitations, and not suggesting that you spend your 1st on him, I wouldn't either,, just not buying the fact that Bama and Saban burned him out.

I will get him cheap next draft I bet,, and would rather take a chance on T-Rich, than a Spiller... just saying for value/comparison sake.

You will be able to get T Richardson at least a round later in next season draft.

From a value of point, you don't want to take him before Spiller. I am talking straightly from AVP, not their actual value.

If you could foresee at last year draft time, you probably would have past both.

Despite TRs performance this year, I have a hard time believing that a 5'9" , 225lb, 22 yr old is already washed up and not worthy of RB1 considerations in next years drafts.

I can understand the hesitations, and not suggesting that you spend your 1st on him, I wouldn't either,, just not buying the fact that Bama and Saban burned him out.

I will get him cheap next draft I bet,, and would rather take a chance on T-Rich, than a Spiller... just saying for value/comparison sake.

I don't think Bama burned him out. I think he ran behind an NFL line vs college guys and it skewed people's perception of his talent level.

I took a look at the NFL Combine report on him coming out of college.

Strengths

Richardson is as compact and coiled an athlete that the running back position has seen since Adrian Peterson. Richardson is explosive, powerful and balanced, the three most shining traits that are evident when he ran the ball for Alabama. He is a heady and instinctual player who is patient enough to wait for blocks to develop within the scheme and quick enough to change course and cut backfield to daylight. Richardson has a strong core that he uses to break arm tackles and get physical leverage under would-be blockers or blitzers in pass protection. He is a true three-down back who can be effective on screens and out of the backfield catching the ball. Richardson is an ideal height, big enough to remain a force in the power run game, yet small enough to remain elusive and hide behind blocks.

On the other side of the ledger:

Weaknesses

Richardson ran behind a very good, experienced offensive line at Alabama. Nick Saban has brought in so much talent, parlayed with a top-notch, NFL savvy coaching staff, that nearly every position has a top draftable athlete honing it. Mark Ingram won the Heisman a year ago as the best player on the best team, and to some Richardson could be an example of a smart, serviceable player running in a talented offense. Richardson will likely prove that he has the talent to make plays on his own, but much of his production were yards on plays in a good scheme with a seam and an opportunity to get to linebacker and safety level without much trouble. He may have more trouble getting to the perimeter at the next level and won't beat fast outside linebackers on angles alone.

I've seen a lot of those weaknesses in his game, not so much the strengths. There's a big difference between steamrolling college DB's and NFL DL/LB.

Of course, in ff, there is a place for almost any RB who might end up getting significant carries and/or goal line opportunities. But from a real football perspective, the guy appears to be a backup RB at best. If Indy stands pat, I don't see him beating out Brown or Ballard. Maybe not even Bradshaw.

No way ^ I roll with Spiller before T rich.

Why is that? Spiller has at least shown that he can get it done before. Never really seen that from TRich at the NFL level and certainly not in Indy.

Why is that? Spiller has at least shown that he can get it done before. Never really seen that from TRich at the NFL level and certainly not in Indy.

I think that 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns with 51 receptions last year qualifies as getting it done at the NFL level.

He is far from s@$t and will probably have a similar career arc as Marshawn Lynch in that he has the talent and name recognition to get every chance to be a star in the league.

I meant I draft Spiller well before T Rich. Spiller just had an off year, injuries etc. T rich plain sucks.

Plenty of RBs bigger than him, faster than him, stronger than him fizzled away and were out of the league in a few years. This league consistently shows us, at all positions, that name, college career, draft position, combine numbers, none of it matters when you suit up and play against the best in this league.

Much like a majority of PAC 12/12 qbs rhat come out with hype because they play in a pass happy league with very little defense, TRich played on a pro team that was above an shoulders better than the competition. Much like this PAC 10/12 qbs that generally the bed, TRich is shitting he bed. He'll stuck around for a few years but not be prominent by any means...

I think that 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns with 51 receptions last year qualifies as getting it done at the NFL level.

3.5 ypc. Only reason he got those stats was the Browns were determined to feed their third overall pick.

He is far from s@$t and will probably have a similar career arc as Marshawn Lynch in that he has the talent and name recognition to get every chance to be a star in the league.

Like the leading scorer on a bad basketball team. Somebody has to get the ball, and he did. On a good team playing games that matter, he's been embarassingly bad. Right now, his name recognition isn't helping him and I would say that his talent is in doubt. RB doesn't hold the value it used to in the NFL, and though I don't know what his deal is, it's got to be pretty healthy given his draft spot. Why pay that when the league is finding guys like Zac Stacy, Bobby Rainey, Chris Ivory and the list goes on and on as more than adequate options?

Remember that year Hillis had those stats, coincidentally for the browns. Yeah, where's he now?!?

Don't get stuck on 1 year stats, on the name, on college pedigree, on draft position, etc. I'm a bama fan, and I had him that 1st year on more than 1 team, and I reaped the benefits immensely. This year he burnt me. But all that aside, just looking at him play tells you he's not that good. PERIOD. Lack of vision, lack of burst, indecisive behind line, etc. His fans have made plenty of excuses, but brown, behind that same line, has done very well. Not decent, but VERY WELL. When they feed him the ball that is. Trent will stick around for a year or 2, maybe more, but never in a prominent position. Book it...

He lacks burst, speed, elusiveness and vision.

Looks mentally weak with that fumble.

He's a bust. Next year is his final year where he'll get a real chance to be a starter.